• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm people are retraining in different things all the time.  It’s happened before and it will happen again

I'm very aware of that. I've done it myself and as you say, it will be an increasing feature and aspect of our working lives, especially with retirement age being extended as has happened today.

I don't like his stance and response though. There are a number of sectors which truly enrich peoples lives and things like the arts, music and sport are major players in the mental well being of a population. 

Maybe my response is simply because I don't see us doing enough to support these important sectors 

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Are you a mental nurse.

Yes in his padded cell he can be whatever he wants to be.

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I work for the NHS yes 

Why didn’t you answer me when I asked you if you’ve ever broke the ‘covid laws’ before? 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Shanks said:

Why didn’t you answer me when I asked you if you’ve ever broke the ‘covid laws’ before? 

I’ve not 

9 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Do you work?

He works as a Troll, that has been obvious on this thread for weeks. 

3 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

He works as a Troll, that has been obvious on this thread for weeks. 

Not good 

Pubs have rallied round.

It maybe not that great to go to the pub just now,no jukebox ,no sound on the Tv.

But 90% of them are sticking to strict guidelines.

doing the best they can under extreme circumstances.

So really pisses me off ,when they interview thick people on the streets of the weeg/Edinburgh  (with arms full of bags from various high street stores)

That say the pubs should shut.  etc its terrible that there open

Are Tesco,Asda,Next etc doing track and trace..are they feck

Apart from the Aberdeen outbreak..which is greedy niteclubs.

Pubs are pretty safe tbh. just as safe or probably  more so than yer local  tesco's.

14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Be very surprised if pubs aren't shut for next 2 weeks at least.

I don't think she will. She'll be getting advised on how unpopular a move it will be and is aware how catastrophic it will be for businesses and individuals. We'll find out later. She might be a weirdo, but she has an election to win coming up.

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, pablo said:

I don't think she will. She'll be getting advised on how unpopular a move it will be and is aware how catastrophic it will be for businesses and individuals. We'll find out later. She might be a weirdo, but she has an election to win coming up.

That's all that matters to any politician but she is particularly driven by her one policy campaign.

jack D and coke
21 minutes ago, pablo said:

I honestly think (or hope) that the apparent leaks aren’t leaks and are deliberate to gauge public opinion. I don’t know many people who aren’t really close to the end of their tether with all the restrictions on their lives and businesses so I’m hoping NS reacts accordingly. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I honestly think (or hope) that the apparent leaks aren’t leaks and are deliberate to gauge public opinion. I don’t know many people who aren’t really close to the end of their tether with all the restrictions on their lives and businesses so I’m hoping NS reacts accordingly. 

I'm sure she will. They're pretty slick, the SNP and have quality PR and intel. 

Malinga the Swinga
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

7 minutes ago, pablo said:

Must be the only quality they have

Ron Burgundy
59 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

Interesting point, is this drive going to increase restrictions or lesson the restrictions?

The point being it should not affect on doing what is correct.

JudyJudyJudy
51 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

She hasn’t got much room to look at destructions elsewhere so I think hospitality / bars will have even more restrictions which is pretty pathetic . They may consider more household restrictions but they can’t enforce it so waste of time. 

The Real Maroonblood
55 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

👍

58 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The leak about this circuit breaker shite was a while ago so she’s planned this for a long time. I honestly think she’s not going to shut as much as she’d like due to the public outcry 

Why all the waffle from her this week instead of just making the announcement? 

She knows everyone is talking about this announcement now and she’s been building up to this all week and will be loving it come this afternoon standing up there in front of cameras 

It’s just another nail in the coffin of the hospitality industry 

Edited by theshed

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, theshed said:

The leak about this circuit breaker shite was a while ago so she’s planned this for a long time. I honestly think she’s not going to shut as much as she’d like due to the public outcry 

Why all the waffle from her this week instead of just making the announcement? 

She knows everyone is talking about this announcement now and she’s been building up to this all week and will be loving it come this afternoon standing up there in front of cameras 

It’s just another nail in the coffin of the hospitality industry 

Shutting the pubs earlier could be a possibility.(7pm).

Some fantastic conjecture over the last few pages detailing the inner workings of Sturgeon's mind. Lots of experts in unspoken thoughts now too, brilliant stuff.

CavySlaveJambo

If the overdispersion theory is true none of the measures put in place to control the spread are going to work.  And then measures to control that need to be put in place. 

I am not sure why it is household spread here but elsewhere it has been via superspreading events (overdispersion) and plenty of the science journals are reporting to that effect. 

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She hasn’t got much room to look at destructions elsewhere so I think hospitality / bars will have even more restrictions which is pretty pathetic . They may consider more household restrictions but they can’t enforce it so waste of time. 

Terrible when these businesses have done everything asked of them and let people meet friends to relax and get away from the worries. 
She’s never had a day of fun in her puff. Spent her entire life looking how to change and pry into others peoples. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Terrible when these businesses have done everything asked of them and let people meet friends to relax and get away from the worries. 
She’s never had a day of fun in her puff. Spent her entire life looking how to change and pry into others peoples. 

I agree totally with your first paragraph.

Regarding your second paragraph that could possibly be said for all politicians.

Ruth Davidson's reaction today will be most pertinent.

The opposition leaders will be given first sight of her speech before made public at Holyrood.

It will then be sent by Davidson's people to Central Office to gauge in what they are thinking for England.

This isn't or definitely shouldn't be a time for political capital one minute, followed by hypocrisy the next, hoping others have forgotten what was said in the distant past.

5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Regarding your second paragraph that could possibly be said for all politicians.

She probably thinking that I could do with a right good laugh and her advisors saying 'just not in public'

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

She probably thinking that I could do with a right good laugh and her advisors saying 'just not in public'

:lol:

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ve always thought wanting to be a politician must be a strange mindset. Wanting to change things to suit your ideas and interfering in people lives...same with the church. 

Only weird individuals and sexual deviants need apply. 

Edited by jack D and coke

It seems so long ago that NS was mocking Boris because the stay alert message was difficult to understand. If only she knew...

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve always though wanting to be a politician must be a strange mindset. Wanting to change things to suit your ideas and interfering in people lives...same with the church. 

:spoton:

36 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some fantastic conjecture over the last few pages detailing the inner workings of Sturgeon's mind. Lots of experts in unspoken thoughts now too, brilliant stuff.

It’s absolutely brutal reading.

18 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The opposition leaders will be given first sight of her speech before made public at Holyrood.

It will then be sent by Davidson's people to Central Office to gauge in what they are thinking for England.

This isn't or definitely shouldn't be a time for political capital one minute, followed by hypocrisy the next, hoping others have forgotten what was said in the very distant past.

In the very immediate past, doh.

20 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This isn't or definitely shouldn't be a time for political capital one minute, followed by hypocrisy the next, hoping others have forgotten what was said in the distant past.

What we need are transparency and full disclosure of the track and trace data grouped into categories of origin to back up any decisions the government are taking with their statement without getting a vote in Holyrood.

People have lost confidence in the Scottish Government and they need to see the data to justify their actions.

Edited by frankblack

The Real Maroonblood
23 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Does any other body get a first sight of her speech?

Samuel Camazzola
45 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

There would be no logic in that at all. It would be far more sensible to revert to usual licensed hours. 

Just now, frankblack said:

What we need are transparency and full disclosure of the track and trace data grouped into categories of origin to back up any decisions the government are taking with their statement without getting a vote in Holyrood.

People have lost confidence in the Scottish Government and they need to justify their actions.

Yep I agree.

But my point about Davidson's reaction stands.

Outside of the household rules, the nuances between SG and WM are marginal, but on whole same approach is being taken across industry, albeit at a slower pace relaxing  restrictions in Scotland.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Does any other body get a first sight of her speech?

I don't know.

Davidson, Leonard and Rennie tend to thank Sturgeon for advance sight.  I think Harvie too.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

There would be no logic in that at all. It would be far more sensible to revert to usual licensed hours. 

Your probably right but nothing shocks or surprises me anymore.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I don't know.

Davidson, Leonard and Rennie tend to thank Sturgeon for advance sight.  I think Harvie too.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve always thought wanting to be a politician must be a strange mindset. Wanting to change things to suit your ideas and interfering in people lives...same with the church. 

🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

People have lost confidence in the Scottish Government and they need to see the data to justify their actions.

Have you got a source for that because the last poll I saw on it showed the opposite to be true, if they are losing that confidence then they are in big shit.

Samuel Camazzola
2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

I think they will just make it so you can only meet with your own household in the pub, or anywhere

As others have said, leaks will have been made to gauge reaction. Measures focused on specific hotspots is a real possibility. Would be pointless to apply same rules to unaffected areas. 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Your probably right but nothing shocks or surprises me anymore.

True. She'll do something daft like close the golf courses again. 

53 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Thats what I'm thinking will happen too. Possibly even shut pubs completely that don't do food. I hope that doesn't happen but I can see how they might think if a family were to go for a meal for a couple of hours they're less likely to drink a lot and therefore be more aware of social distancing/hygiene etc. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, hmfcbilly said:

Thats what I'm thinking will happen too. Possibly even shut pubs completely that don't do food. I hope that doesn't happen but I can see how they might think if a family were to go for a meal for a couple of hours they're less likely to drink a lot and therefore be more aware of social distancing/hygiene etc. 

Good point.

Very small brief on German science view.  (I'll assume given that it has been put up on Twitter by Sridhar this is a widely held view in Germany)

Screenshot_20201007-102347_Twitter.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, my Mrs got told by her regional manager to expect her coffee shop opening times to change to 12pm - 6pm, after todays announcement.

That doesn't really make sense at all, so it'll probably be correct. 

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Very small brief on German science view.  (I'll assume given that it has been put up on Twitter by Sridhar this is a widely held view in Germany)

Screenshot_20201007-102347_Twitter.jpg

More likely she put it up because it dovetails nicely with her views.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic