Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Captain Canada
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

3 Hamilton players now returning negative results....surprise, surprise.  The partner of a work colleague tested positive for Covid after it was passed from other family members, sister, cousin along with friends. The gran had been in contact with him too and also tested positive.  About 10 people in total, all returning positive tests and not one of them experienced any symptoms during the 14 days.

We need far more clarity from the govt around case numbers. How many experience no symptoms at all, how many suffer mild effects. We know that very few go to hospital so why are govts formulating public policy based on test results that may end up being as inaccurate as the Covid deaths and hospital admission figures??

It makes you wonder when these three were false positives, six out of seven (I think) at St. Mirren were the same, also Gogic at Fester Rd. 

What would happen if every member of the public got a second test the day after their first? 

There needs to be much more clarity. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

It makes you wonder when these three were false positives, six out of seven (I think) at St. Mirren were the same, also Gogic at Fester Rd. 

What would happen if every member of the public got a second test the day after their first? 

There needs to be much more clarity. 

That crossed my mind too 

The USA arm of the Oxford vaccine is still suspended as the FDA are still investigating implications from the UK volunteer who developed illness.    It's said to be a spinal fluid inflammation,  one cause of which can be an abnormal immune response.   The kind of thing they might expect from a vaccine.    Lots more tests are required.    Interesting that other arms of the trial have recommenced though.    Yanks at it?

Samuel Camazzola
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, they're on the move. Deacon Brodies now.

Later on, The Jaffacake, Club 30, Mercado, The Red Hot and Espionage are hosting big doos. Could get messy! 

2 minutes ago, Brian Dundas said:

When did NS split from her husband?

I'm not sure, I heard the rumours, and thats all they are, a few months ago.

41 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Later on, The Jaffacake, Club 30, Mercado, The Red Hot and Espionage are hosting big doos. Could get messy! 

Is oddfellows still open? Spent a lot of time there early 90s. 

Governor Tarkin

So Jockland's economy has taken the biggest hit in the developed world. Looks like we're all doomed.

Thank **** for that.

My now-found alcoholism is vindicated.

Small mercies.

👍

Samuel Camazzola
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Forrest Road? I think it's an Irish theme bar (was certainly the case last year). 

14 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Forrest Road? I think it's an Irish theme bar (was certainly the case last year). 

Yeah that's the one. Suspected it would be long gone.

Weakened Offender
7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

My daughter meets up with her friends to walk to school, obviously more than 2 households. Just about every kid does the same.

How does that work with the rules?

How do you think it fits in with the rules? 

Excitement is building over Covid-19 treatments that use ‘man-made’ antibodies after the release of a small but pioneering study showed one to drastically reduce hospitalisations. 

The therapy - known as monoclonal antibodies - was found to cut the risk of hospitalisations by more than 70 per cent in the study by drug firm Eli Lilly. 

Monoclonal antibodies are antibodies grown in a laboratory after they have been drawn from a patient who has recovered from the disease. They work by sticking to the virus and stopping it from entering the lungs. 

The findings from the Eli Lilly trial, held in conjunction with the US National Institutes of Health, have not yet been published in a peer-reviewed journal and full trial data has not yet been released. 

According to the US-based firm 452 newly diagnosed patients received either the monoclonal antibody or a placebo infusion. Some 1.7 per cent of those who received the monoclonal antibody were hospitalsed compared to six per cent of those who received the placebo - a 72 per cent reduction in risk. 

https://apple.news/AuITVLCNhTJmxfEl_vi2avw

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's the geordies in lockdown from Friday. 

Bloody great.... due to go down next weekend with mates after 2 previous cancelled trips 

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, probably, understandable really.

It's a shit state of affairs when, and I'm no fan of hers, Nicola Sturgeon couldn't "come out" if the rumours are true, it's 2020 ffs.

It’s 2020 who cares really ? Unfortunately some people do like to Get their beak into other people’s personal life’s . Sad really 

14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s 2020 who cares really ? Unfortunately some people do like to Get their beak into other people’s personal life’s . Sad really 

Would imagine very few would care. Suppose you could say however that if she is lying about her personal life then what else is she lying about? 

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Would imagine very few would care. Suppose you could say however that if she is lying about her personal life then what else is she lying about? 

It’s not “ lying “ is it ? It’s jusy her personal business  surely . It may be a “ lavender “ marriage then maybe not ? I’d be surprised if it were  true as The Mooth is out and Patrick Harvey and Kesia Dungeld too and it hasn’t harmed their careers ? 

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Definitely everything to do with cornavirus for a start mate. Wee Jimmie Krankie is always lying to us cause she's a nat. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

The USA arm of the Oxford vaccine is still suspended as the FDA are still investigating implications from the UK volunteer who developed illness.    It's said to be a spinal fluid inflammation,  one cause of which can be an abnormal immune response.   The kind of thing they might expect from a vaccine.    Lots more tests are required.    Interesting that other arms of the trial have recommenced though.    Yanks at it?

Internal politics. 

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah well. Hopefully soon

There will be one, possibly two rolled out by the end of the year. Mass vaccination starting next year if everything goes well, which it should.

Trump pushing it and throwing absolutely everything behind it in the hope it wins him the election. Good for the vaccine development I guess 🤔

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

So Jockland's economy has taken the biggest hit in the developed world. Looks like we're all doomed.

Thank **** for that.

Small mercies.

👍

What took you so long?

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That's the geordies in lockdown from Friday. 

That's next weekend at your Gypsy Berghof ****ed then, Nucky.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

40 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

This thread is actually comedy gold now. It's funnier than England's Covid 19 response. 😁

But not as funny as yer maws...

Nah, it is as funny.

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What took you so long?

Opium and bacon.

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

That's next weekend at your Gypsy Berghof ****ed then, Nucky.

But not as funny as yer maws...

Nah, it is as funny.

Opium and bacon.

Chronic dirge. 😊

7 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thank **** for that.

Small mercies.

👍

AlphonseCapone
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

NE restrictions likely to see ban on visiting households, curfew on hospitality, public transport only for key workers. The restrictions around local lockdown stepping up. Probably an indicator of type of restrictions will face in future. 

The WHO are saying unless a vaccine is found, you have more chance of winning the lottery than avoidIng getting COVID. They also state mortality rate in 0.6.%. 

Case mortality or infection mortality? 

29 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

NE restrictions likely to see ban on visiting households, curfew on hospitality, public transport only for key workers. The restrictions around local lockdown stepping up. Probably an indicator of type of restrictions will face in future. 

The WHO are saying unless a vaccine is found, you have more chance of winning the lottery than avoidIng getting COVID. They also state mortality rate in 0.6.%. 

Even by WHO standards, what a ridiculous comment.  As we are seeing now, "getting Covid", for most people,  means no symptoms. I'm going to stick my neck out and say, without a vaccine, most people will get a Covid virus every year. Usually involves blowing your nose constantly and pitching up at the weekly 5s game, feeling a bit under par.

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Ffs Sturgeon!!!! 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

NZ in recession. :yadayada: Fecking Sturgeon! 

How are those Sturgeon's fault, guys? :(

Edited by Governor Tarkin

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

How is that Sturgeon's fault, guys? :(

Do keep up man. 

She's lying about her private life (apparently) therefore she's the Rosa Klebb of a global pandemic conspiracy.

I'd cut back on the bacon. Its clouding your thinking. 

44 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even by WHO standards, what a ridiculous comment.  As we are seeing now, "getting Covid", for most people,  means no symptoms. I'm going to stick my neck out and say, without a vaccine, most people will get a Covid virus every year. Usually involves blowing your nose constantly and pitching up at the weekly 5s game, feeling a bit under par.

See when you speak like that, against the planets foremost and premier organisation for the control of pandemics, your argument loses all weight and validity. 

You also really stuck your neck out there by describing what already happens with most coronavirus' each year. 

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Do keep up man. 

She's lying about her private life (apparently) therefore she's the Rosa Klebb of a global pandemic conspiracy.

I am sure I remember the same 'rumour' being spread about Alex Salmond after the independence election.

I am sure that it is just a coincidence that 'rumours' regarding their sexuality are spreading, as being the leader of the SNP and independence movement, they have absolutely nothing in common. 

58 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

So let me get this correct the NE England about to introduce tougher restrictions, yet are having fans at their game at the weekend at Mildesbourgh game.

Seems a sensible and consistent approach 🙈

It's just al over the shop all the time with  government and devolved governments in terms of lockdown restrictions.The start lockdown on a Monday stuff being the craziest as it's just a message to have one last fling at the weekend before being shutdown.

3 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

See when you speak like that, against the planets foremost and premier organisation for the control of pandemics, your argument loses all weight and validity. 

You also really stuck your neck out there by describing what already happens with most coronavirus' each year. 

Well aye, except SARS, MERS and the current virus SARS-COV-2.

10 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Bit of a tangent, but I'd always wondered about that name so I looked into it years ago.

In the old days different trades had their own guilds - stonemasons and their lodges are still in our consciousness for example.

But then there were trades which were too small to form a guild, so they all joined together to form the Oddfellows, a group whose common ground was that they had no natural group.

There are other theories I've read, it could be that it was just a fraternity based on the uncommon concepts of charity and philanthropy, but it goes back too far to be sure of the origins. The small trades explanation seems most likely to me.

Anyhoo, back to the topic..

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So what today from the megalomaniac,  assumed-to-be-secret-lesbian?   More megalomania and dishonest lesbianism I reckon.   

I expect more of the same crap from her. Don't give a shit about her sexuality but she's definitely a megalomaniac.

The Mighty Thor
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

So what today from the megalomaniac,  assumed-to-be-secret-lesbian?   More megalomania and dishonest lesbianism I reckon.   

She's not destroyed enough global economies for me. She needs to up her game. 

Throw in another local lockdown for good measure.  👍

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Say it's not so? :(

The Mighty Thor
24 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Anyway back on topic. Alleged outbreak connected to Halls at Napier Poly. It’s not all that surprising and these places are likely to see spreads that probably go pretty much unnoticed due to the limited likliehood of that age group being impacted. 

I heard on the tranny this morning that NHS Lothian are refusing to put a number on the outbreak, due to patient confidentiality. 🤔

Freshers week this week so it would be fair to assume that the case numbers in that demographic will increase. 

Of course this discerning virus doesn't affect the young likesy. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I heard on the tranny this morning that NHS Lothian are refusing to put a number on the outbreak, due to patient confidentiality. 🤔

Freshers week this week so it would be fair to assume that the case numbers in that demographic will increase. 

Of course this discerning virus doesn't affect the young likesy. 

:oohmatron:

14 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Aye, probably, understandable really.

It's a shit state of affairs when, and I'm no fan of hers, Nicola Sturgeon couldn't "come out" if the rumours are true, it's 2020 ffs.

Not sure why not- at one point the leader of the greens, the leader of the Tories were both out and gay.

Lib dems - couldnt even tell you who it is.

Labour dont really have a leader.

She could come out and the public would not give a damn.

If she does not want to its for her own reasons,  not for any public opprobrium

Its either that or she spread the rumour she was gay to protect herself from Alec

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Not sure why not- at one point the leader of the greens, the leader of the Tories were both out and gay.

Lib dems - couldnt even tell you who it is.

Labour dont really have a leader.

She could come out and the public would not give a damn.

If she does not want to its for her own reasons,  not for any public opprobrium

Its either that or she spread the rumour she was gay to protect herself from Alec

Even that "admission" wouldn't stop our Alex😂

Great news that there's limited likelihood of students being affected.   Let's have a study into the likelihood of students coming into contact with other people.   Maybe we can assume a high rate of non-transmissibility in them.    Similar to assumed lesbianism.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic