Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, OBE said:

Bone chuckers sorting themselves out also...joy all round.

In these troubled times it's all some of us have left. :(

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Could we send Natural Orders down there to annoy them?

:laugh:

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

But unsurprising.

Careful now.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Careful now.

😆 Not Leicester in particular but the attitude of many, the "something for nothing" brigade.

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, main said:

There's a reason the Germans call us the apes from the island.

The Germans can call us whatever they like as long as we keep beating them at wars mate.

:cornette_dog:

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The Germans can call us whatever they like as long as we keep beating them at wars mate.

Very true.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

They won the peace.

:P

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They won the peace.

:P

It's not over yet. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

:seething:

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not over yet. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

:seething:

👍

Jambo-Jimbo

Following on from Trump grabbing all of the drug Remdesivir, making it virtually impossible for anybody else in the world to get any supplies for the next 3 months, we had better all hope that it's a UK or European company which develops a vaccine, otherwise the world might be waiting quite some time for it.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Following on from Trump grabbing all of the drug Remdesivir, making it virtually impossible for anybody else in the world to get any supplies for the next 3 months, we had better all hope that it's a UK or European company which develops a vaccine, otherwise the world might be waiting quite some time for it.

What about our special relationship with the Yanks?

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A myth.

Jambo-Jimbo
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Would that be that one sided special relationship you mean, where the UK get's thrown a bone every now and then.  :rofl:

3fingersreid
12 hours ago, Morgan said:

Go away, son.

The expression he/she understands is 

You can “Jerk off “ 😉

29 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is that the one where they're used as a test bed for all our consumer products?

Edited by OBE

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

So how does this work for us folks living in the countryside.

Take myself for example, where I could and have frequently left my house for a walk and never met another person, do I still have to wear a mask?

And if so, why, when I often don't meet anybody else,  who am I going to infect? 

Some clarification from you would help. 

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Would that be that one sided special relationship you mean, where the UK get's thrown a bone every now and then.  :rofl:

Exactly.

When I see the politicians saying this it makes me cringe.

As GT said it’s a myth.

14 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

Anyone who isn’t wearing one needs to either explain themselves or be ashamed of themselves to be honest 

Ha!

Maybe, but they certainly don't need to explain themselves to you. Talk about a sense of entitlement. It's none of your ****ing business why some people wear masks and some don't. Maybe they have a valid reason, maybe they don't. But you have absolutely zero right to know what those reasons are. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Take myself for example, where I could and have frequently left my house for a walk and never met another person, do I still have to wear a mask?

And if so, why, when I often don't meet anybody else,  who am I going to infect? 

Nae need for a mask, recommended social distancing will suffice...naw? 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, main said:

I would imagine possibly the biggest factor as to why the British countries have been worst affected as opposed to other European countries is a culture of unhealthy living that millions of people fall into. High rates of obesity and the conditions that follow, diabetes and chest and heart conditions. Also, the lousy weather up until May/June and the detriments that brings. This all in addition to our higher level of drinking and smoking. There's a reason the Germans call us the apes from the island.

Latest figures I could find is average annual EU consumption of pure alcohol 11.4. litres per person in EU, 11.3 litres in UK., Germany is one of the many European nations that consumes more than the UK. File with the myth that alcohol consumption is growing … it has been declining for a decade or more, particularly among the young. 

Health is an issue and the UK is certainly the fat man of Europe but it doesn't explain the very wide differences between countries with similar lifestyles and levels of health..

Edited by Francis Albert

Jambo 4 Ever
45 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Ha!

Maybe, but they certainly don't need to explain themselves to you. Talk about a sense of entitlement. It's none of your ****ing business why some people wear masks and some don't. Maybe they have a valid reason, maybe they don't. But you have absolutely zero right to know what those reasons are. 

I do if it can affect others health including mine 

Horatio Caine
53 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think we should all be wearing balaclavas and goggles, all the time - outside, inside, even in bed.  Then we'd avoid Inspector Natural Orders come round the house to interrogate us.

Edited by Horatio Caine

Jambo 4 Ever
57 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It is directed at those on public transport and crowded places mainly 

18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I do if it can affect others health including mine 

No you don't. You have no right to know someone's reasons for not wearing a mask. Because you're a nobody. You're a crackpot on the internet. Nobody has any obligation to tell you Jack shit. Plod might have a right to ask but you have as much right to know someone's reasons as you have the right to know my wife's menstrual cycle. And that's none what so ****ing ever. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Jambo 4 Ever
10 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

No you don't. You have no right to know someone's reasons for not wearing a mask. Because you're a nobody. You're a crackpot on the internet. Nobody has any obligation to tell you Jack shit. Plod might have a right to ask but you have as much right to know someone's reasons as you have the right to know my wife's menstrual cycle. And that's none what so ****ing ever. 

Not true

so if someone is sitting on a train without a valid ticket the staff will get them off the train - I’ve seen it before

why then can they not make people leave the train if they are not wearing a mask? Something much much more important than a ticket 

same for bus drivers - they don’t let people on without a valid ticket - yet seemingly turn a blind eye to the selfish idiots not wearing masks 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

It is directed at those on public transport and crowded places mainly 

Oh, so it's not directed at the entire population then, but only specific sections and situations of it, presumably those living in large towns & cities where by definition there is a lot more people living thus many more people crowding onto public transport & in shops/supermarkets etc.

Therefore, I can unashamedly continue to not wear a face mask, because I don't use public transport and it's anything but crowded out here, unless of course you want to include the sheep, cow's & horses in the head count.

Thank goodness it's not compulsary to wear a face mask then.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

Not true

so if someone is sitting on a train without a valid ticket the staff will get them off the train - I’ve seen it before

why then can they not make people leave the train if they are not wearing a mask? Something much much more important than a ticket 

same for bus drivers - they don’t let people on without a valid ticket - yet seemingly turn a blind eye to the selfish idiots not wearing masks 

Did I mention the drivers? No. I'm talking about YOU specifically. YOU have zero entitlement to know which of the many acceptable reasons someone may have for not wearing one. None. Zilch. Nada. Because you're a nobody. 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Normthebarman said:

Did I mention the drivers? No. I'm talking about YOU specifically. YOU have zero entitlement to know which of the many acceptable reasons someone may have for not wearing one. None. Zilch. Nada. Because you're a nobody. 

If they sit near me on a bus or train without a mask I will be asking them why 

William H. Bonney

I think if you’re not fit enough to wear a face mask, you should definitely wear a visor. 
There can be no medical condition that would prevent you from wearing that. 
Make them readily available and keep everyone happy. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Furious Styles said:

I think if you’re not fit enough to wear a face mask, you should definitely wear a visor. 
There can be no medical condition that would prevent you from wearing that. 
Make them readily available and keep everyone happy. 

Absolutely 

no excuses 

as Tom hanks said, don’t be a prick 

Just now, Natural Orders said:

If they sit near me on a bus or train without a mask I will be asking them why 

And I hope they tell you to **** right off and that it's none of your business. 

And just so you know, those on the spectrum are one of the groups who are exempt. I hope you're ****ing proud of yourself when you set off some poor ****er, who has meltdowns and struggles to adapt when they change the ****ing packaging of their favourite ****ing cereal, never mind now having to sit on a bus full of a bunch of strangers wearing masks and self entitled knob heads demanding to know what's wrong with them.

Knowing that a lot of these folk can occasionally get violent if they get anxious, hopefully they don't flip off and kick your ****ing ***** in. 

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

And I hope they tell you to **** right off and that it's none of your business. 

And just so you know, those on the spectrum are one of the groups who are exempt. I hope you're ****ing proud of yourself when you set off some poor ****er, who has meltdowns and struggles to adapt when they change the ****ing packaging of their favourite ****ing cereal, never mind now having to sit on a bus full of a bunch of strangers wearing masks and self entitled knob heads demanding to know what's wrong with them.

Knowing that a lot of these folk can occasionally get violent if they get anxious, hopefully they don't flip off and kick your ****ing ***** in. 

I will pick my words wisely so no need to worry mate 

this is a matter of life and death 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

I will pick my words wisely so no need to worry mate 

this is a matter of life and death 

With a bit of luck, their care worker will have told you to go **** yourself long before you get a chance to bother them. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I only wear a mask if in a shop . It’s highly unlikely you can catch it from just walking about outside unless you are very close to someone and they cough or sneeze right in your mush ! I also read if indoors you have to be in the company of an inflected person for over 15 mins to get a good enough load to infect you 

Nucky Thompson

It's about time Sturgeon stopped the daily briefings.

She goes over the same condescending shit about wearing masks and how we're not over the virus.

It would be easy enough to just tweet the daily figures

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Latest figures I could find is average annual EU consumption of pure alcohol 11.4. litres per person in EU, 11.3 litres in UK., Germany is one of the many European nations that consumes more than the UK. File with the myth that alcohol consumption is growing … it has been declining for a decade or more, particularly among the young. 

Health is an issue and the UK is certainly the fat man of Europe but it doesn't explain the very wide differences between countries with similar lifestyles and levels of health..

Obesity is one of the morbidity factors of this virus . I read that 33% of all deaths in the U.K. where people who were classed as obese . I recall a new item I watched , a nurse 50 yo was talking about recovering from COVID as she had been quite ill . The camera panned down from her face and she must have been around 18 stone ! She then stated she couldn’t wait to get back to “ being fit again “! 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

She goes over the same condescending shit about wearing masks and how we're not over the virus.

Perhaps if people stopped being selfish and wore masks she wouldn’t have to repeat herself 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Perhaps if people stopped being selfish and wore masks she wouldn’t have to repeat herself 

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Maybe if people listened and followed the instructions she wouldn't need to keep repeating this.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:rofl:

Ummm I don’t see how public health is a laughing manner you ignorant twit 

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Is it going to be announced social distancing to be scrapped for kids to play with each other?

Is that what’s being hinted at by NS? That would be amazing if kids could get to start to see their friends. 

That would be great . My wee nephew is 8 and is missing his mates so much . 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Perhaps if you wore a gimp mask folk on the bus wouldn't have to listen to you repeating yourself.

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It would be even easier for you to turn the telly over. 

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Perhaps if you wore a gimp mask folk on the bus wouldn't have to listen to you repeating yourself.

Stop being a keyboard bully 

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I only wear a mask if in a shop . It’s highly unlikely you can catch it from just walking about outside unless you are very close to someone and they cough or sneeze right in your mush ! I also read if indoors you have to be in the company of an inflected person for over 15 mins to get a good enough load to infect you 

Exactly, even less chance when there is practically nobody about, hence why I have no need to wear a mask.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic