• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Anyone who isn’t wearing one needs to either explain themselves or be ashamed of themselves to be honest 

Never worn one and not ashamed, so stick that in your pipe and ram it as far up your Hamilton as you can fit it.

coconut doug
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Try telling that to the families of those who have died, specifically in care homes. Fixing your errors doesn't bring people back unfortunately and when it comes to something like this, no amount of course correcting can turn bad performance into a good performance. Just imo of course.

But what is it that they did badly and who is responsible?

39 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Natural orders has been quiet lately, back with a bang today. 

:rofl:

It's the excitement of the caravan parks opening again soon

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Never worn one and not ashamed, so stick that in your pipe and ram it as far up your Hamilton as you can fit it.

Unless you have a medical reason to not wear one you are a selfish twit!

7 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

👋🏽 Likewise. 

:clap: Perfect.

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Some boy 😂

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Is it good to get away with murder?

22 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Natural orders has been quiet lately, back with a bang today. 

:rofl:

One **** making a **** of many clever ****s...or maybe the one **** is cleverer than the many. A dilemma? I'll opt for N O doing the shafting, not just on this occasion either...I smell shite :biggrin2:

1 minute ago, OBE said:

One **** making a **** of many clever ****s...or maybe the one **** is cleverer than the many. A dilemma? I'll opt for N O doing the shafting, not just on this occasion either...I smell shite :biggrin2:

Tweaking raspberries again, you reckon?

18 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

But what is it that they did badly and who is responsible?

This has been done absolutely to the death, including by me. If you're interested, then read the thread. If you're just here to fan the flames of boring Scotland Vs England stuff then kindly bore others.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, OBE said:

It's not clever, though. It never is.

Any halfwit can play his game. I should know.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Unless you have a medical reason to be one you are a pathetic troll.

Mods, wtf, how is this fool allowed to rip the pish out of you and get away with it?

coconut doug
Just now, Taffin said:

This has been done absolutely to the death, including by me. If you're interested, then read the thread. If you're just here to fan the flames of boring Scotland Vs England stuff then kindly bore others.

Its been discussed yes and allegations made yes but i haven't seen anything to substantiate the allegations.

If you find the Scotland/England thing so boring then perhaps you shouldn't intervene with a Scotland/England type comment. surely you realise you are likely to get a response.

Maybe though you can't come up with a sensible point to support your claim.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Typically patronising but common assertion that anything other than slavish devotion to nationalism renders a person ‘ less Scottish’ than fans of independence. I’m actually very comfortable in my Scottish identity - and my British identity.

Spot on 

USA buys up the entire global stock of Remdesivir plus all future production for the next three months.

Remdesivir is one of only two drugs discovered that can aid recovery and prevent covid-19 being fatal.

No other nation on the planet will be able to have access to the drug as it's under patent.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Exactly. It's a pandemic not a dick measuring contest.

People have been doing what they want for the past month at least. The reason Scotland has a lot less contagion and deaths has a lot to do with being less populated and a degree of luck. Nothing to do with what Sturgeon is doing. She is only doing the same as England but 2 weeks later.

Going by her tone today, I think she is beginning to believe her own hype

William H. Bonney
51 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I'm planning a visit to Hamilton tomorrow.  I'll take a wee bus ride without a mask.  See if he reports me.

I think he rides on ‘the blue bus’. 

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It's not clever, though. It never is.

Any halfwit can play his game. I should know.

Some switched-on punters on here ever eager to engage though...baffling...:wacko2:

7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Its been discussed yes and allegations made yes but i haven't seen anything to substantiate the allegations.

If you find the Scotland/England thing so boring then perhaps you shouldn't intervene with a Scotland/England type comment. surely you realise you are likely to get a response.

Maybe though you can't come up with a sensible point to support your claim.

My claim of what? That Scotland has done badly? The death toll compared to other similar sized nations is more than enough to support that. Most of what England has done badly, Scotland has done too. Where it differs is Sturgeon has performed well on a personal level, been cautious and a lot clearer in her messaging.

Jambo 4 Ever
33 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

👋🏽 Likewise. 

And you think you are clever / a big man for not wearing one?

you really are selfish (unless you have a medical reason not to!)

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, OBE said:

Some switched-on punters on here ever eager to engage though...baffling...:wacko2:

Meh, I think most folk just chuck him a bone every so often.

He seems to be enjoying himself so why not.

56 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

And you think you are clever / a big man for not wearing one?

you really are selfish (unless you have a medical reason not to!)

:smugger: 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Cade said:

USA buys up the entire global stock of Remdesivir plus all future production for the next three months.

Remdesivir is one of only two drugs discovered that can aid recovery and prevent covid-19 being fatal.

No other nation on the planet will be able to have access to the drug as it's under patent.

Most will be for Donald Trump. It is a wonder they didn't buy up all the bleach as well. 

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

My claim of what? That Scotland has done badly? The death toll compared to other similar sized nations is more than enough to support that. Most of what England has done badly, Scotland has done too. Where it differs is Sturgeon has performed well on a personal level, been cautious and a lot clearer in her messaging.

Comparing ‘Scotland’ with other similar sized countries isn’t a flawed comparison tbh, it can really only be compared with the rest of the UK.

Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Slovakia etc all have ‘total’ control over their borders and national decisions - Scotland doesn’t. While most of Europe took the decision to shut down completely their borders Scotland doing so with e.g England was never(and still isn’t) a realistic option.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Anybody else been invited to join a research study called Coronagenes run by Edinburgh University?

No but I did try on a pair of Pepe’s once! 

3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Comparing ‘Scotland’ with other similar sized countries isn’t a flawed comparison tbh, it can really only be compared with the rest of the UK.

Austria, Denmark, Hungary, Slovakia etc all have ‘total’ control over their borders and national decisions - Scotland doesn’t. While most of Europe took the decision to shut down completely their borders Scotland doing so with e.g England was never(and still isn’t) a realistic option.

The UK has complete control over its borders, yet they kept them open. In the same way that looks to have been a bad move for England, it was a bad move for Scotland and Wales too. The UK made a bad decision, Scotland remains part of the UK. The mistakes the UK have made have resulted in poor outcomes for its constituent nations resulting in those nations having done badly in comparison to the rest of the world. Some of the decisions the constituent nations took that they do have independent control over have also been poor, care home settings being the main one. That Scotland has done less badly from England doesn't mean they have done well. I'm not finger pointing who's fault it is or x,y,z as I don't really care, I'm simply basing it on the outcomes experienced in those countries to determine whether they've done well or not.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Anybody else been invited to join a research study called Coronagenes run by Edinburgh University?

Is that for people who have had the virus?

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Outside first-world countries, they'll just produce generics if they need to.

The UK, if it desires, can use compulsory licences.

It's annoying, and typical, of the USA but if we decide we need it then we'll get it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/30/us-buys-up-world-stock-of-key-covid-19-drug

Jambo-Jimbo
13 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Is that for people who have had the virus?

Nope, open to both who have and haven't had the virus, however I think it might only be by invitation.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Nope, open to both who have and haven't had the virus, however I think it might only be by invitation.

Cheers. I was told by a doctor back in March I more than likely had it but there was no test offered to me at the time. I would still like to know if it was covid that floored me so badly that I could hardly breathe for three weeks.

Allegations of serious shenanigans in Leicester have come to light.

Hundreds of small factories have allegedly been operating as normal, forcing staff to come in even if they were sick and no kind of ppe or distancing measure put in place.

Not producing pay slips so the bosses could claim more Furlough money from the government, paying staff well under the min wage, as little as £3 an hour.

Threatening staff with being reported to immigration if they complain, the usual shitehouse behaviour.

This has come to light after Public Health England sent a team to the city last week to find out why the infection rate was so high.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

Hundreds of small factories have allegedly been operating as normal, forcing staff to come in even if they were sick and no kind of ppe or distancing measure put in place.

Not producing pay slips so the bosses could claim more Furlough money from the government, paying staff well under the min wage, as little as £3 an hour.

Threatening staff with being reported to immigration if they complain, the usual shitehouse behaviour.

This has come to light after Public Health England sent a team to the city last week to find out why the infection rate was so high.

Outrageous :o

All roads lead to Gorgie
49 minutes ago, Cade said:

As a lot of the industry in the city seems to be based around textiles and shoes you wonder if the some dodgy companies have been into the fake goods market as well. Sounds like these places have a criminal background. Sweat shops under our noses.

6 hours ago, Taffin said:

The UK has complete control over its borders, yet they kept them open. In the same way that looks to have been a bad move for England, it was a bad move for Scotland and Wales too. The UK made a bad decision, Scotland remains part of the UK. The mistakes the UK have made have resulted in poor outcomes for its constituent nations resulting in those nations having done badly in comparison to the rest of the world. Some of the decisions the constituent nations took that they do have independent control over have also been poor, care home settings being the main one. That Scotland has done less badly from England doesn't mean they have done well. I'm not finger pointing who's fault it is or x,y,z as I don't really care, I'm simply basing it on the outcomes experienced in those countries to determine whether they've done well or not.

Wm controls all UK borders, so feck up. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Wm controls all UK borders, so feck up. 

I know, I said that. Has England done well during this?

11 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I know, I said that. Has England done well during this?

No one has. But, It's how we finish that matters now, and the SG are trying to kill Covid. 

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Cade said:

Where you hearing/reading this, Cade? 

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Tom Whanks is a Celtic ******* and he can **** right off.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Jambo-Jimbo
9 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

As a lot of the industry in the city seems to be based around textiles and shoes you wonder if the some dodgy companies have been into the fake goods market as well. Sounds like these places have a criminal background. Sweat shops under our noses.

It's been like that for decades, there was a Panorama or Dispatches or similar programme a few years ago about the textile industry in many of these towns & cities around the UK.  Now these are not big places employing hundreds of people, these were small places with a dozen, 20 workers if that, mostly Asian women and it's typically cash in hand, and not a lot of cash at that.  It's been a problem for many years.

Horatio Caine
10 hours ago, Cade said:

Could we send Natural Orders down there to annoy them?

12 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Meh, I think most folk just chuck him a bone every so often.

He seems to be enjoying himself so why not.

Bone chuckers sorting themselves out also...joy all round.

Tom Whanks is a Celtic ******* and he can **** right off.

Another quality lob...🎯

I would imagine possibly the biggest factor as to why the British countries have been worst affected as opposed to other European countries is a culture of unhealthy living that millions of people fall into. High rates of obesity and the conditions that follow, diabetes and chest and heart conditions. Also, the lousy weather up until May/June and the detriments that brings. This all in addition to our higher level of drinking and smoking. There's a reason the Germans call us the apes from the island.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic