Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So how come they are ok with giving people with invalid tickets a hard time, yet they don’t have the balls to do the same to people with out face masks?

I don't think you understand the level of aggression these people face.  Ticketing is a Scotrail matter.  Face masks are a SG matter and so should be dealt with by the police. If you can find them.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

So how come they are ok with giving people with invalid tickets a hard time, yet they don’t have the balls to do the same to people with out face masks?

Because of the "breathing problem" excuse. Were you not listening to a word I said?

Horatio Caine
2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Also if I were on a bus when people weren’t wearing masks I’d be going up to them and making their journey as uncomfortable as possible 

Oh yes?  And how would you do that pray?

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

I don't think you understand the level of aggression these people face.  Ticketing is a Scotrail matter.  Face masks are a SG matter and so should be dealt with by the police. If you can find them.

Surely they need to see that masks are more important than tickets 

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Horatio Caine said:

Asking them why they are not wearing a mask 

Horatio Caine
Just now, Natural Orders said:

Asking them why they are not wearing a mask 

Good luck with that one 🤣  Tell you what, take a video of your efforts and post it on here.  We could all do with a laugh.

The Real Maroonblood
32 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Buck doesnt stop with the drivers. Lothian Buses told the drivers that while masks are mandatory, it cannot be enforced. Thats why some people arent wearing masks. FWIF I was on a bus today and in the main most people were wearing masks, including me. 

Same here out of about 20 passengers only 2 never wore them.

3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Him simply going up to anyone would make them uncomfortable I would reckon.

11 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Also if I were on a bus when people weren’t wearing masks I’d be going up to them and making their journey as uncomfortable as possible 

0FC82AE1-0D9D-4AB2-B023-B53F59973CA4.gif

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Same here out of about 20 passengers only 2 never wore them.

Shocking

what number bus was it?

needs reported 

like I say how come the drivers are ok with not letting people on with invalid tickets yet they don’t bother about masks - disgusting behaviour all round 

14 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Naw ye wuidnae! 

8 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Shocking

what number bus was it?

needs reported 

like I say how come the drivers are ok with not letting people on with invalid tickets yet they don’t bother about masks - disgusting behaviour all round 

You think a 90% compliance rate is shocking?

And for your last sentence, have you not read @redjambo's replies to you about this already? Having breathing difficulties, eg. asthma, or for children under 5, is a valid reason not to wear one on public transport. So going back to your "shocking" 90% compliance, it's perfectly reasonable to expect at least 10% of passenger to fall under a category that are exempt. 

13 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Shocking

what number bus was it?

needs reported 

Brilliant,  90% of passengers wearing a face covering.

You should be pleased.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

‘Four legs good, two legs bad...’.          George Orwell, 1945

’Scotland good, England bad...’.           CDoug and fellow travellers, 2020

Denying reality in this way is Jockholm syndrome  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jockholm syndrome

Are you really telling us that Scotland hasn’t handled this crisis better than England?

Maybe you think all countries are equal but some are more equal than others.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Now that I will be venturing outside again, well at least into areas with a lot of folk, can I ask where all of you are actually getting your masks, and if there are any you would recommend?

Hi 

I have got some from a family member who is a designer and is currently making high quality fabric masks.  I have also bought the one use medical masks on line.  50 for £14.99 i think. They come in handy when I need to just pop over to a local shop . 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hi 

I have got some from a family member who is a designer and is currently making high quality fabric masks.  I have also bought the one use medical masks on line.  50 for £14.99 i think. They come in handy when I need to just pop over to a local shop . 

Does the family member have an online presence where I could order one, James?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, redjambo said:

Does the family member have an online presence where I could order one, James?

Ill PM you. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Shocking

what number bus was it?

needs reported 

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Careful now.

He’ll make your life ‘as uncomfortable as possible’.

coconut doug
9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Typically patronising but common assertion that anything other than slavish devotion to nationalism renders a person ‘ less Scottish’ than fans of independence. I’m actually very comfortable in my Scottish identity - and my British identity.

Absolutely nothing patronising about it. It was a direct point made at those who hold views similar to yours on the matter. I have no slavish devotion to nationalism and i'm definitely not interested in how Scottish a person is. I like to challenge the biased and sometimes bigoted nonsense written on here especially when it is directed at Scotland and based on ignorance and innuendo and usually nothing else. Just like you i can choose to identify with any group i want, we are complex individuals.

I'm glad you are comfortable with your Scots and British identity it is your entitlement but it is hypocritical to call me a nationalist when you are claiming two.

A great many Tories and jockholm syndrome sufferers start off by telling us how proud they are to be Scots. I'm not it was an accident of birth for me, i didn't choose it or make it. Scratch the surface though and many sufferers are only too ready to put the boot in and tell us all over again that we are too wee, too poor and too stupid and if the evidence is clearly to the contrary, as it is with the pandemic, then the default argument is to say we are no better or worse than them, in fact we are all the same. We are not the same, the pandemic has been handled much better in Scotland than in England and that is the point i am making to those who repeatedly claim that we (Scotland) are doing this badly or for political reasons.

2 hours ago, redjambo said:

Now that I will be venturing outside again, well at least into areas with a lot of folk, can I ask where all of you are actually getting your masks, and if there are any you would recommend?

They sell them in the co-op apparently.

Although I won't be wearing one.

:verysmug:

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Why not?

26 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Absolutely nothing patronising about it. It was a direct point made at those who hold views similar to yours on the matter. I have no slavish devotion to nationalism and i'm definitely not interested in how Scottish a person is. I like to challenge the biased and sometimes bigoted nonsense written on here especially when it is directed at Scotland and based on ignorance and innuendo and usually nothing else. Just like you i can choose to identify with any group i want, we are complex individuals.

I'm glad you are comfortable with your Scots and British identity it is your entitlement but it is hypocritical to call me a nationalist when you are claiming two.

A great many Tories and jockholm syndrome sufferers start off by telling us how proud they are to be Scots. I'm not it was an accident of birth for me, i didn't choose it or make it. Scratch the surface though and many sufferers are only too ready to put the boot in and tell us all over again that we are too wee, too poor and too stupid and if the evidence is clearly to the contrary, as it is with the pandemic, then the default argument is to say we are no better or worse than them, in fact we are all the same. We are not the same, the pandemic has been handled much better in Scotland than in England and that is the point i am making to those who repeatedly claim that we (Scotland) are doing this badly or for political reasons.

Those two aren't mutually exclusive though, as others have pointed out. You've bundled them together. Scotland are doing badly. Scotland are doing better than England. Both are true.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've not seen them at my local Co-Op.

There are a number of sites online to get them - UK Meds is where I got mine.  Plenty of choice of basic to full protection, disposable to washable - I went for the middle due to price.

Brighton Jambo
39 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

A great many Tories and jockholm syndrome sufferers start off by telling us how proud they are to be Scots. I'm not it was an accident of birth for me, i didn't choose it or make it. Scratch the surface though and many sufferers are only too ready to put the boot in and tell us all over again that we are too wee, too poor and too stupid and if the evidence is clearly to the contrary, as it is with the pandemic, then the default argument is to say we are no better or worse than them, in fact we are all the same. We are not the same, the pandemic has been handled much better in Scotland than in England and that is the point i am making to those who repeatedly claim that we (Scotland) are doing this badly or for 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I've not seen them at my local Co-Op.

There are a number of sites online to get them - UK Meds is where I got mine.  Plenty of choice of basic to full protection, disposable to washable - I went for the middle due to price.

Hunners on Amazon too.

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Careful now.

He’ll make your life ‘as uncomfortable as possible’.

He’s some poster.

20 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Why not?

Ummmm..

Aren't you the personal one?

Nucky Thompson
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hunners on Amazon too.

They're overpriced now that they are becoming mandatory.

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Those two aren't mutually exclusive though, as others have pointed out. You've bundled them together. Scotland are doing badly. Scotland are doing better than England. Both are true.

Scotland was doing badly. Doing well now. 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Scotland was doing badly. Doing well now. 

When it comes to life and death, sadly, doing well after bad isn't very useful for a lot of people.

Masks are widely available here for 0.90€ each.. I’ll sell you all some for £2 each 😏

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

When it comes to life and death, sadly, doing well after bad isn't very useful for a lot of people.

:D Spot on.

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Hunners on Amazon too.

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They're overpriced now that they are becoming mandatory.

The ones on Amazon are worth looking at very closely before considering buying as most are not what they seem from the rating.   A lot give the impression of being local but when you look at the comments inside they are scathing talking of weeks delay shipping from China, then crap quality.

Edited by frankblack

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The ones on Amazon are worth looking at very closely before considering buying as most are not what they seem from the rating.   A lot give the impression of being local but when you look at the comments inside they are scathing talking of weeks delay shipping from China, then crap quality.

Aye. I got stung buying the Chinese shite. Wee crappy bits of felt

It does the job by covering your mouth and nose I suppose

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

As long as it says fulfilled by Amazon you're ok.

Edit: sometimes sold and despatched by Amazon too.

Edited by graygo

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

Bore them to death with his 'end of the world' prophecy shite.

coconut doug
36 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You are quite correct, they are not mutually exclusive but i am entitled to compare them and that's all i have done. I don't think i have ever claimed that Scotland has done well with the pandemic.

It is perhaps true though that as we moved through the crisis the levels of infection and the death rates in Scotland have improved markedly and to such an extent that we are now talking about eliminating the virus. At the same time England which was apparently ahead of us on the curve has infection and death rates many times higher. Many on here seem to think that we have been copying the English response about 2 weeks behind but the statistics suggest we have not since they show a different pattern of infection.

It may be that now Scotland is handling it well but i wouldn't claim that just yet but the statistics do at least suggest that is a possibility. Alternatively maybe England is handling it even worse than they did before.

Horatio Caine
17 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Natural orders has been quiet lately, back with a bang today. 

I'm planning a visit to Hamilton tomorrow.  I'll take a wee bus ride without a mask.  See if he reports me.

coconut doug
28 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You would have to be able to tell us how Scotland did so badly if you wish to blame the SG for the deaths.

Doing well after doing badly, if that is the case, is the best you can do and shows that you can learn from your mistakes.

8 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You would have to be able to tell us how Scotland did so badly if you wish to blame the SG for the deaths.

Doing well after doing badly, if that is the case, is the best you can do and shows that you can learn from your mistakes.

Try telling that to the families of those who have died, specifically in care homes. Fixing your errors doesn't bring people back unfortunately and when it comes to something like this, no amount of course correcting can turn bad performance into a good performance. Just imo of course.

Edited by Taffin

Jambo 4 Ever
45 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Ummmm..

Aren't you the personal one?

Anyone who isn’t wearing one needs to either explain themselves or be ashamed of themselves to be honest 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic