Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Alternatively they might be telling the truth as the figures show the number of new daily infections continues to increase significantly and the number of deaths is flatlining. 

They might be fabricating the whole thing though, Trump may be right and the WHO wrong.

By the way am I giving £50 to charity or do you concede that I never said we were lucky to have Boris, you have been very quiet on that.  

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, coconut doug said:

It may well all come out in the enquiry but already you know that all 4 nations made “terrible and tragic decisions” Can you tell us what these decisions were and how they turned out to be terrible and tragic?

Isn’t it your narrative that’s the problem? Is it not true that as far as we can tell England has handled this spectacularly badly and that their death rates are the worst in the world? I’ve not heard anybody say that “Scotland has handled this great” as you say but no doubt you will provide evidence of this assertion to prove me wrong. Your narrative is to desperately try to associate Scotland with wider UK failings and by doing so talk our relative achievements down.

Are you still “glad” Boris is our PM and would you refute the notion that England’s poor performance in the pandemic is directly attributable to ineffective governance?

I offered to make a payment to charity if you could find a single post where I said we were glad to have Boris.  Still waiting!  

you know you are wrong and just make up quotes to discredit people.  It’s a sign you lack the intelligence to have a coherent Debate

coconut doug
2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

By the way am I giving £50 to charity or do you concede that I never said we were lucky to have Boris, you have been very quiet on that.  

You said you were glad we had Boris and as i pointed out at the time the sentiment is the same. Glad we have him or lucky to have him are very similar statements, perhaps you can explain why you are glad we have him but not lucky we have him.

You offered to give £50 to charity, i would never suggest such a thing. It's up to you to decide if i described your feelings for the PM accurately.

Brighton Jambo
8 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

It may well all come out in the enquiry but already you know that all 4 nations made “terrible and tragic decisions” Can you tell us what these decisions were and how they turned out to be terrible and tragic?

Isn’t it your narrative that’s the problem? Is it not true that as far as we can tell England has handled this spectacularly badly and that their death rates are the worst in the world? I’ve not heard anybody say that “Scotland has handled this great” as you say but no doubt you will provide evidence of this assertion to prove me wrong. Your narrative is to desperately try to associate Scotland with wider UK failings and by doing so talk our relative achievements down.

Are you still “glad” Boris is our PM and would you refute the notion that England’s poor performance in the pandemic is directly attributable to ineffective governance?

For the avoidance of doubt I will answer your points then just ignore you as you simply make up quotes and won’t concede you have the wrong poster which is pathetic.

England’s performance has been terrible and is almost solely down to the governments handling of it.  As I have said in here several times Boris Johnson should resign when this is over.  

Scotland has done better than England no doubt But there are plenty of people on here and wider social media who widely praise the Scottish government approach even if you haven’t seen that then I’m sure others have.  The official government figures as given by the FM is 4000 deaths.  If you take a country like Norway which is a comparable size the death toll is 250.  So Scotland really has not done well it has just done better than England which given we are agreeing is a shambles is very faint praise indeed.

but someone like you will just never ever admit that the Scottish government has in the main got this badly wrong when compared to other counties and the death rate is evidence of that.  The last month or so I think the approach has been better then UK can credit for that is due and the results is generating.  But overall looking at the outcome and death toll not being as shit as England might be good enough for you but not for me.  

you also ask what tragic decision I referred to:

1.  Not locking down earlier 

2.  Care homes.  If you can’t acknowledge how the decision around care homes isn’t tragic there’s something wrong with you.  To her credit the Fm certainly can but I’m sure you know better than her (see link).  So even when I reference something the FM herself has said you challenge me!!!  Can’t help yourself but undermine your own credibility.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-52795993

Jambo 4 Ever
Brighton Jambo
14 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You said you were glad we had Boris and as i pointed out at the time the sentiment is the same. Glad we have him or lucky to have him are very similar statements, perhaps you can explain why you are glad we have him but not lucky we have him.

You offered to give £50 to charity, i would never suggest such a thing. It's up to you to decide if i described your feelings for the PM accurately.

I never said we were glad or lucky or pleased or anything of the sort.  Please find any post that shows otherwise.  I have voted Conservative most my life but didn’t and would never vote for him.  I think he should resign (as can be seen on this thread over the past few weeks) as he is a national embarrassment.  So that’s how I know you are either making up things or have me mixed up with another poster?  Which is it? 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

coconut doug
On 19/06/2020 at 20:37, coconut doug said:

Here's what you said in response to a post telling us how well the governmnet was handling the pandemic.

Me too, it all seems reasoned and logical.  Very clear explanation of phases and what will come next but explanations about why we aren’t there yet..  I couldnt care less if it’s the CMO pulling all the strings I am just glad we have a prime minister willing to listen and put the experts front and centre, unlike the moron across the pond.  

You didn't say we were "lucky" to have him but you did say you were "glad" to have him and the sentiment is the same.

25 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I offered to make a payment to charity if you could find a single post where I said we were glad to have Boris.  Still waiting!  

you know you are wrong and just make up quotes to discredit people.  It’s a sign you lack the intelligence to have a coherent Debate

Quoting my own post from p485. The text in bold is a quote from you near the start of the thread.

Brighton Jambo
17 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Quoting my own post from p485. The text in bold is a quote from you near the start of the thread.

Is that it!  I actually contextualise and specify in the quote the point that I was glad that we had a prime minister that was listening to experts unlike Donald Trump at the beginning of this (not sure he has been listening since btw)

that is so for from saying I am generically glad that he is our Prime Minister as you have insinuated.  

for the avoidance of doubt and so you can’t bring it up again; I am not glad, happy, pleased or satisfied with BJ as PM.  He should go and I never vote for him.

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s a sign you lack the intelligence to have a coherent Debate

Lacks the coding to have a coherent debate.

Doug is a Russian bot.

Absolute stick-on.

https://apple.news/AVaPZVdGCR9WPcin7Cfw1XQ

The number of deaths registered in the UK over one week has fallen below the five-year average for the first time since mid-March.

The decrease reflects a decline in coronavirus-related deaths, official data show.

Of 10,681 deaths registered in the week up to 19 June, 849 (8%) mentioned coronavirus.

This is the lowest number of deaths involving the pandemic virus since the week ending 13 March.

The number of deaths registered up to 19 June was eight below the five-year average for that week.

4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

https://apple.news/AVaPZVdGCR9WPcin7Cfw1XQ

The number of deaths registered in the UK over one week has fallen below the five-year average for the first time since mid-March.

The decrease reflects a decline in coronavirus-related deaths, official data show.

Of 10,681 deaths registered in the week up to 19 June, 849 (8%) mentioned coronavirus.

This is the lowest number of deaths involving the pandemic virus since the week ending 13 March.

The number of deaths registered up to 19 June was eight below the five-year average for that week.

Excellent news, with all the doom and gloom it’s difficult to imagine that deaths are actually now below the 5 year average :lol:

coconut doug
9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Lacks the coding to have a coherent debate.

Doug is a Russian bot.

Absolute stick-on.

Stick-on bot eh! A very unpleasant notion.

I suspect you are not above bottery type behaviour yourself. More shitstirring than Russian though.

12 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It's nothing like over yet and in fact the WHO thinks we may not even have seen the worst of it yet.

I agree but not because WHO says so, the organisation that thought it would be a good idea to appoint Mugabe as a good will ambassador.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Is that it!  I actually contextualise and specify in the quote the point that I was glad that we had a prime minister that was listening to experts unlike Donald Trump at the beginning of this (not sure he has been listening since btw)

that is so for from saying I am generically glad that he is our Prime Minister as you have insinuated.  

for the avoidance of doubt and so you can’t bring it up again; I am not glad, happy, pleased or satisfied with BJ as PM.  He should go and I never vote for him.

But you said  “I couldnt care less if it’s the CMO pulling all the strings I am just glad we have a prime minister willing to listen and put the experts front and centre, unlike the moron across the pond.” And since this thread and the discussion is clearly about the pandemic and our discussions clearly about how it has been handled it is beyond all doubt from your quoted post that you supported Johnson’s handling of the pandemic. This discussion did not go beyond the pandemic and the handling of it. At the time I merely asked that in view of the developments since you made the statement you still thought we were lucky, or should be glad to have him. It appears you have changed your mind but that you are not willing to admit it.

You can see from the original post that the discussion was to do with the pandemic and not Johnson’s other qualities or lack of them.

coconut doug
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I never said we were glad or lucky or pleased or anything of the sort. 

Yes you did, when you said this -  I am just glad we have a prime minister willing to listen and put the experts front and centre, unlike the moron across the pond.

12 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Yes you did, when you said this -  I am just glad we have a prime minister willing to listen and put the experts front and centre, unlike the moron across the pond.

Slam dunk, case dismissed. Move on.

coconut doug
2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

For the avoidance of doubt I will answer your points then just ignore you as you simply make up quotes and won’t concede you have the wrong poster which is pathetic.

England’s performance has been terrible and is almost solely down to the governments handling of it.  As I have said in here several times Boris Johnson should resign when this is over.  

Scotland has done better than England no doubt But there are plenty of people on here and wider social media who widely praise the Scottish government approach even if you haven’t seen that then I’m sure others have.  The official government figures as given by the FM is 4000 deaths.  If you take a country like Norway which is a comparable size the death toll is 250.  So Scotland really has not done well it has just done better than England which given we are agreeing is a shambles is very faint praise indeed.

but someone like you will just never ever admit that the Scottish government has in the main got this badly wrong when compared to other counties and the death rate is evidence of that.  The last month or so I think the approach has been better then UK can credit for that is due and the results is generating.  But overall looking at the outcome and death toll not being as shit as England might be good enough for you but not for me.  

you also ask what tragic decision I referred to:

1.  Not locking down earlier 

2.  Care homes.  If you can’t acknowledge how the decision around care homes isn’t tragic there’s something wrong with you.  To her credit the Fm certainly can but I’m sure you know better than her (see link).  So even when I reference something the FM herself has said you challenge me!!!  Can’t help yourself but undermine your own credibility.  

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-52795993

You don't know anything about what sort of person i am.

We can only really compare ourselves (Scotland) against other UK countries as we did not have the ability to enforce lock down unilaterally. This makes your point about it being a tragic decision made by Scotland ludicrous. Scotland was not able to do it.

As for Care homes i read the report but i'm not sure where the FM admits government culpability. We may reach that but imo we are not there yet. Those who attribute all or the majority of the deaths in care homes to SG decision making may have a point but it was the Care homes who were responsible for their residents care and they must take responsibility for their care. The good homes avoided infection why were the others not able to do it? Was this the SG's fault? did Nicola pitch up and shake their hands and the height of the pandemic?

coconut doug
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Slam dunk, case dismissed. Move on.

What charity would you like the £50 to go to?

3 deaths recorded in Scotland. rises in infections is up but only suspected cases.

Scottish Government update: 10 more positive cases, 885 patients in hospital, 19 patients in intensive care and sadly, 3 more patients have died, bringing the total to 2,485.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Jambo 4 Ever
4 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

3 deaths recorded in Scotland. rises in infections is up but only suspected cases.

Scottish Government update: 10 more positive cases, 885 patients in hospital, 19 patients in intensive care and sadly, 3 more patients have died, bringing the total to 2,485.

Should make face masks mandatory 

Enzo Chiefo
46 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I agree but not because WHO says so, the organisation that thought it would be a good idea to appoint Mugabe as a good will ambassador.

The WHO is basically FIFA with a stethoscope.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Stick-on bot eh! A very unpleasant notion.

I suspect you are not above bottery type behaviour yourself. More shitstirring than Russian though.

:D

On occasion, doug, but I'd say more long-range pot-shots than actual shit-stirring. 👍

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The WHO is basically FIFA with a stethoscope.

:rofl:

Oh Enzo...

57 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

They made them mandatory on buses and still hardly being worn.

3 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

probably should wear a mask outside too at all times

1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

Face masks should be made compulsory in all settings to begin with 

59 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You take spamming to a whole new level.

57 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Jambo 4 Ever
20 minutes ago, graygo said:

You take spamming to a whole new level.

Ummm not at all!

it is worth repeating until people start wearing them!

anyone who doesn’t should be ashamed 

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Then they need to be reported!

1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

Then they need to be reported!

How do you report strangers on a bus.The drivers ( im not blaming drivers though ) let them on or is the cctv bus footage used later ?

27 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Ummm not at all!

it is worth repeating until people start wearing them!

anyone who doesn’t should be ashamed 

Aye, you constantly repeating it on here will get folk wearing them right enough.

At the moment they are not mandatory to wear outside so why should people be ashamed for not wearing them?

And why am I falling for your obvious trolling?

Weakened Offender
15 hours ago, coconut doug said:

Will we be opening the schools up and then closing them back down again?

Will we be lifting the lockdown and then reimposing it on a regional basis?

Will we be investing heavily in a tracing app that doesn't work even though lots of experts told us it wouldn't work?

Or will we just take it slowly in the hope that we can save lives and avoid an economically damaging second spike?

Copied the model - what model? The UK government's approach is a shambles at every level.

You're wasting your time here, pal. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53231208

I remember hearing this guy’s wife being interviewed on Today and being quite moved.  I’ve wondered since what happened, so here is some happy news.

I came off Twitter when I read her story. I had no idea he'd survived until opening that. What a lovely moment. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

How do you report strangers on a bus.The drivers ( im not blaming drivers though ) let them on or is the cctv bus footage used later ?

Drivers shouldn’t let them on so buck stops with them.

in same way if they came on drinking alcohol they wouldn’t let them on would they 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Aye, you constantly repeating it on here will get folk wearing them right enough.

At the moment they are not mandatory to wear outside so why should people be ashamed for not wearing them?

And why am I falling for your obvious trolling?

Because it’s the right thing to do

So much trolling going on now. That alone suggests things are hopefully looking up. Nothing else to worry/moan about so trolling about masks is the new hot topic.

Horatio Caine
5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

in same way if they came on drinking alcohol they wouldn’t let them on would they 

So, should the Ticket Inspectors on trains be responsible for enforcing that?  (bearing in mind BTP are usually nowhere to be seen)

Buck doesnt stop with the drivers. Lothian Buses told the drivers that while masks are mandatory, it cannot be enforced. Thats why some people arent wearing masks. FWIF I was on a bus today and in the main most people were wearing masks, including me. 

Jambo 4 Ever
14 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

So, should the Ticket Inspectors on trains be responsible for enforcing that?  (bearing in mind BTP are usually nowhere to be seen)

Yes in same way if people were smoking on trains they would be thrown off

they are quick enough to enforce those who don’t have valid tickets 

Now that I will be venturing outside again, well at least into areas with a lot of folk, can I ask where all of you are actually getting your masks, and if there are any you would recommend?

Jambo 4 Ever
14 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Buck doesnt stop with the drivers. Lothian Buses told the drivers that while masks are mandatory, it cannot be enforced. Thats why some people arent wearing masks. FWIF I was on a bus today and in the main most people were wearing masks, including me. 

Very poor then 

how come they don’t let people on with invalid tickets (which have not threat to health of others) yet they don’t mind people with no face masks come on the bus - (which does have a health risk)

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You can't get away with smoking on a train with the excuse "I have a breathing condition". That excuse for not wearing masks makes it almost impossible to enforce unless the Government were to introduce some form of certification for those who are allowed not to wear masks.

For that reason, the wearing of masks has to be voluntary but strongly advised. It's the only way it will work.

Horatio Caine

Well, you get yourself a job with Scotrail then see how you get on confronting a group of guys who have been drinking.  Neither bus drivers nor train staff should have to police this.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You can't get away with smoking on a train with the excuse "I have a breathing condition". That excuse for not wearing masks makes it almost impossible to enforce unless the Government were to introduce some form of certification for those who are allowed not to wear masks.

For that reason, the wearing of masks has to be voluntary but strongly advised. It's the only way it will work.

Maybe they will have to bring evidence then 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Well, you get yourself a job with Scotrail then see how you get on confronting a group of guys who have been drinking.  Neither bus drivers nor train staff should have to police this.

So how come they are ok with giving people with invalid tickets a hard time, yet they don’t have the balls to do the same to people with out face masks?

Jambo 4 Ever
25 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Also if I were on a bus when people weren’t wearing masks I’d be going up to them and making their journey as uncomfortable as possible 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Maybe they will have to bring evidence then 

In that case, get onto the Government and persuade them to introduce this course of action, because without it ticket collectors, bus drivers etc. would have to be forced to escalate any "I can't use one because I have a breathing problem" up to police level for them to investigate further and I don't think we want that.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic