Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You'll need to get in the queue behind The greatest living Scotsman. He hates him with a passion, apparently. :D

Hammer of the Hobos Robbo.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't want to be mean, but the clapping and captain Tom should be quietly retired. The BBC don't half rip the pish out of everything.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Don't want to be mean, but the clapping and captain Tom should be quietly retired. The BBC don't half rip the pish out of everything.

Afekinmen.

Toxteth O'Grady

Number 10 trying to justify Cummings travelling 260 miles while infected - wow!

16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You'll need to get in the queue behind The greatest living Scotsman. He hates him with a passion, apparently. :D

Andy Murray?

highlandjambo3
15 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A family member was going to Cyprus and they are glad it’s been cancelled.

The holiday was costing a fortune and at least they’ll get a full refund.

Only been to Cyprus once, landed in the south stated there a couple of days then drove through to North for a 2 week stay in a villa.  Must say it was like chalk and cheese, the South was full of English style pubs, English beer & breakfast signs everywhere, burnt brits abroad etc......The north was very traditional Cyprus (with a Turkish influence of course) fairly quiet, lots of cracking restaurants, quiet beaches.  
If I was going back it would def be North, not sure if travel restrictions are different from then as it was a few years ago I.e you can only fly into northern Cyprus from turkey, if you fly into southern Cyprus, which is easier to do, you then need to then drive across the border through a checkpoint, it’s fairly straightforward.

Edited by highlandjambo3

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Number 10 trying to justify Cummings travelling 260 miles while infected - wow!

I heard he said both him and his wife had covid and couldn't look after their child so went to the grandparents as an emergency, but lived in a separate building.

I don't have much time for Cummings but that sounds like a plausible excuse, if true.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Only been to Cyprus once, landed in the south stated there a couple of days then drove through to North for a 2 week stay in a villa.  Must say it was like chalk and cheese, the South was full of English style pubs, English beer & breakfast signs everywhere, burnt brits abroad etc......The north was very traditional Cyprus (with a Turkish influence of course) fairly quiet, lots of cracking restaurants, quiet beaches.  
If I was going back it would def be North, not sure if travel restrictions are different from then as it was a few years ago I.e you can only fly into northern Cyprus from turkey, if for whatever reason you can only fly into southern Cyprus you need to then drive across the border through a checkpoint, it’s fairly straightforward.

Never been myself and I’ve never really fancied it and for no particular reason.

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Blackford is a total cock. He was like a dog with a bone this morning. 

I wouldn't tire of slapping his fat Hobo face

This. He also needs to be questioned every time he appears about his role in Charles Kennedy's eventual suicide. 

Even with lifting for next week we are being advised that if you travel to meet a relative it has to be within reasonable travelling distance and zero stopping toilet breaks or otherwise.

The narrative is now that the sister offered to look after the kid not the parents.  So if anything she should have driven to London to pick the kid up, even if that was allowed.

And her and the kids would also have to self isolate in Durham for 14 days....

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Stopped reading at this bit. If he isn't aware what happened in Italy, probably best ignored.

"There is no indication that hospitals could ever have become overloaded, irrespective of what we did. So we could open up again, and forget the whole thing."

I stopped reading at the word ‘Draconian’ in relation to measures.  It was only about three lines in but told me that the whole rest of the article clearly was written with a massive agenda in mind rather than a genuinely new scientific perspective.  

12 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Andy Murray?

The third brother Duncan, is a jambo.

(He's a parody brother by comic Chris Forbes)

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

It is, but a quick deek shows a LOT of equally qualified scientists who disagree with him. He also mentions about 25% are immune now, that's the first I've heard, anyone else know of this?

This is part of the problem being so reliant on "the science". They're at each others throats desperately trying to be the one who makes the big breakthrough. Egos that make Mohammed Ali look like a shy retiring accountant. 

Brighton Jambo
25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I saw that the women who initiated the clap for Carers wants this weeks to be the last one.  I tend to agree.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I stopped reading at the word ‘Draconian’ in relation to measures.  It was only about three lines in but told me that the whole rest of the article clearly was written with a massive agenda in mind rather than a genuinely new scientific perspective.  

Kinda this. Got further than 3 lines but the more you read, the clearer it is that they have an agenda. Just as there's money to be made from scientists taking the government shilling, there's plenty cash to be made for scientists willing to have a pop. 

Edited by Normthebarman

10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I heard he said both him and his wife had covid and couldn't look after their child so went to the grandparents as an emergency, but lived in a separate building.

I don't have much time for Cummings but that sounds like a plausible excuse, if true.

:spoton:

.EYsWwkxWkAE5eXs?format=jpg&name=medium

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

:spoton:

.EYsWwkxWkAE5eXs?format=jpg&name=medium

:laugh:

indianajones
42 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nah. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
50 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

According to his wife he collapsed and was suffering spasms. He probably shouldn't have been driving the length of the country when he was that ill. Let alone spreading his virus to his parents and the general public.

The weirdo is toast.

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He absolutely should resign or be sacked. Like Calderwood and shagger Ferguson,  you have to be consistent.  They all broke the rules that they were imploring the public to follow. 

Have I missed something?

This happened on 5th April...didn't it?

How's it only hitting the news now?

The advisor and his Mrs had Covid19, so he probably dropped his Covid19 Son off with his auld Maw and Da. He's very lucky he didn't murder his parents. 

Was he not the one who wanted herd immunity in the first place. Well I suppose he was willing to kill his own. Fairs fair!  :Aye:

TWAT!!! Who has all the skeletons, so won't be touched.

Edited by ri Alban

Spellczech
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Good of Laura to go around Twitter doing the Government press team's work for them.

Funny, I don't remember that being an exception at the time...Is she so unquestioning of the "source"? is Cummings the source? or is she trying to ingratiate herself to Cummings by going in to bat for him?

Those in power breaching the rules are either really reckless with their families well being or don't believe that the risk is actually as high as they are presenting.

I wonder which one it is?

Nicholas Brody

Genuinely unbelievable. My mum has been in hospital, thankfully recovered, but I haven't see her in weeks yet they can do what they want, when they want?

Anyone who voted Tory in the last election, go **** yourself.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Genuinely unbelievable. My mum has been in hospital, thankfully recovered, but I haven't see her in weeks yet they can do what they want, when they want?

We're all in it together. 

Not.

Nucky Thompson

China report no new infections for the 1st time since reporting started in January 

Edited by Nucky Thompson

The Mighty Thor

I expect Mooth Davidson will be all over this today.

Also noteworthy that in the last couple of hours Raab, Gove and Sunak have all released remarkably similar nothing to see here statements. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

China report no new infections for the 1st time since reporting started in January 

I'd love to believe them, however their arithmetic hasn't been spectacular so far. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

The third brother Duncan, is a jambo.

(He's a parody brother by comic Chris Forbes)

HMFC have offered to ship him a new kit.

Judy's bought him a green and white number with "DUNCAN" on thehe back.

14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Funny, I don't remember that being an exception at the time...Is she so unquestioning of the "source"? is Cummings the source? or is she trying to ingratiate herself to Cummings by going in to bat for him?

She's been atrocious and her latest "A source said it's all OK" is just cowardly. She's interested in her career, not doing the job. Of course the source is Cummings; if it's not him directly, it's him via another lackey.

19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Those in power breaching the rules are either really reckless with their families well being or don't believe that the risk is actually as high as they are presenting.

I wonder which one it is?

I think what Dr Calderwood did in April was wrong, but probably very low risk with no endangerment to her family.

What Cummings has appenrently done, seems high risk to his vulnerable parents especially.

We'll soon see if the job  outcome's the same.

Ricardo Shillyshally
17 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Totally understand be sentiment, but would the likes of Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott have done better?

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

This. He also needs to be questioned every time he appears about his role in Charles Kennedy's eventual suicide. 

Completely missed this story . 

Don't think Blackford behaved well, but a bit harsh, and for another thread.

Was trying to find stats/evidence about vaccinations and adverse effects.

Found this from 2011 which concludes that there are cases but minimal.

Also some interesting stuff about how viruses are in built in DNA .

And long term immunity.

Are there any other more recent reviews on this that anyone knows of?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nap.edu/resource/13164/Adverseeffectsofvaccinesreportbrief.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj204bW9cnpAhVfREEAHQIWC30QFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1rDGewd1_1izVEJRFWPZS4

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Interesting. Also interesting the amount of people willing to just disregard it as someone with an agenda. 
How long are people willing to live like this? 

I've given up.

I'll be standing in the doorway of my local this afternoon with a bag of cans.

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Interesting. Also interesting the amount of people willing to just disregard it as someone with an agenda. 

Until a vaccine is found.

Nicholas Brody
39 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Totally understand be sentiment, but would the likes of Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott have done better?

I'm not particularly interested in who would do better tbh. I can confidently say that Jeremy Corbyn wouldn't treat the UK public with such contempt though.

32 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Thing is, we didn't know how bad the virus was going to get or how overwhelmed the hospitals would be.

Because of lockdown, hospitals weren't overwhelmed. They were close to it in the UK, and this skewed piece dismisses that. You could argue that's because the UK has one of the lowest ICU bed numbers for a developed country... but then lockdown brought time to combat that.

Since lockdown, there has been understanding on how we can get back to some normality with things like physical distancing, regularly washing hands etc.

He is basically diminishing CV19 as the 'flu' which it really isn't. It's quite a dangerous piece actually!

Edited by kila

53 minutes ago, felix said:

Completely missed this story

Don't think Blackford behaved well, but a bit harsh, and for another thread.

That’s because the OP made it up.

16 minutes ago, kila said:

Thing is, we didn't know how bad the virus was going to get or how overwhelmed the hospitals would be.

Because of lockdown, hospitals weren't overwhelmed. They were close to it in the UK, and this skewed piece dismisses that. 

Out of interest, what are you basing the - hospitals were close to be overwhelmed idea on? 

We set up Nightingale Hospitals that have been never used and mothballed. Pretty sure the one in Glasgow never saw a patient either. 

I have had 2 close family members in hospital over the past month. Both said the place was dead, more staff than patients. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Out of interest, what are you basing the - hospitals were close to be overwhelmed idea on? 

Skewed reporting on 24hr rolling news chanels and a largely hysterical social media.

Just overheard this morning but as further justification for Cummings driving 260 odd miles either him or his wife was seriously ill within 24 hours of arriving in Durham.

Boris and his 50.50 nearly died, give him a break all over again. 

Governor Tarkin
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Just overheard this morning but as further justification for Cummings driving 260 odd miles either him or his wife was seriously ill within 24 hours of arriving in Durham.

Boris and his 50.50 nearly died, give him a break all over again. 

Wouldn't have shed a tear if Cummings had croaked tbh.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Skewed reporting on 24hr rolling news chanels and a largely hysterical social media.

I know that St Johns was close.

They had converted the operating theatres in to ICU units and, at the height, had only 1 spare bed. 

25 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

We set up Nightingale Hospitals that have been never used and mothballed. Pretty sure the one in Glasgow never saw a patient either. 

I have had 2 close family members in hospital over the past month. Both said the place was dead, more staff than patients. 

Shortage of ICU nurses for the expanded wards for example - having to quickly train a bunch in a difficult/scary new role, plus the huge amounts who came out of retirement.

Then all the final year medical students who joined the front line early.

Hospital supplies were running low, London was close to running out of oxygen for example. Lack of PPE to properly care for patients meant spread within hospitals was high.

The rush to build more ventilators, the mass orders (or lack of). We didn't need them in the end because lockdown slowed the spread. But we would've, and Nightingale could've been full.

Hospital your family was in was probably quiet because lockdown slowed spread so less CV19 patients, but also because of all the cancelled operations and treatments plus the amount of people not seeking medical treatment when they should because they're scared they'll get CV19 in hospital. Strokes, heart attacks etc.

Edited by kila

AlimOzturk
44 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Until a vaccine is found.

Which may never happen. Personally, I don't want to live like a hermit for the rest of my life.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic