Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Jeezo, lads - if it helps gie's a PM for a cyber chat. I'm not medically trained but have done a bit of counselling.

There's plenty of positive stuff on social media as well.

Cheers pal.

Will go further on my previous post. We come out the other side and the world half resembles the one we once knew and I’m packing in my work. This has opened my eyes big time. 

I’m currently stressing to the max over my daughters future and their mental health in the short to medium term. How will I pay my mortgage in 6 months time? How will I put food on the table?

This passes and a 5/10k pa drop won’t matter. I’d rather swap that cash and be more content.

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I think I might be wasting my life and time, being on this website

You ok mate? 

Strange statement

14 minutes ago, The Roller said:

Cheers pal.

Will go further on my previous post. We come out the other side and the world half resembles the one we once knew and I’m packing in my work. This has opened my eyes big time. 

I’m currently stressing to the max over my daughters future and their mental health in the short to medium term. How will I pay my mortgage in 6 months time? How will I put food on the table?

This passes and a 5/10k pa drop won’t matter. I’d rather swap that cash and be more content.

No doubt this experience will change us all in some way.

It is traumatic, but also an opportunity to put things into perspective. 
It’s not often we get this amount of time to reflect on the things that are most important to us.

The infectious potential of the virus is nothing like any of the experts have seen before. There is still so much they don’t know but they are gaining knowledge day by day.

Chinese scientists are really hammering the research 

36 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I think I might be wasting my life and time, being on this website

Nothing is a waste mate. Every single life is worth it. 

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Why are you saying that to me?

It has nothing whatsoever to do with what I said. 

Only because you said you were wasting your life mate, eh ho. 

26 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

'Dying doesn't bother me in the slightest. When your times up it is up' is a strange statement. 

That's the way I feel man. What's so bad about that? I am not going to worry myself into a frenzy over something I can't completely control. I excercise, try to eat well and don't smoke. Might buy me ten years or i might walk out the door tomorrow and get run over. 

It doesn't frighten me. I don't WANT it to happen but it is inevitable. 

That doesn't mean others being afraid of it is any less valid. Just would warn against that becoming a hindrance or becoming irrational over something which statistically your unlikely to catch and even less likely to die from. We cant socially distance forever we are social animals. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Lack of ppe and testing is hitting the frontline hard already.

Its a ****ing disgrace to be honest.

Not quite the frontline for me but my warehouse has 120 on 12 weeks off for underlying health reasons and another 90 odds on self isolation, no testing of any sort for us.

4 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The problem is that the recoveries for Covid sufferers who require ICU treatment is of the order of 11-16 days on a ventilator. There will therefore be quite a substantial time lag between new cases and recoveries.

Ventilator use for most illnesses is normally just 3-4 days.

That information came from the NY Mayor yesterday

Correct - Ventilators and PPE are the major concerns.

I don't give a flg about testing either for antigens or antibodies - they are irrelevant unless you are the Govt.

Edited by Spellczech

11 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Jambos Kickback is the least rewarding internet group I am connected to. 

I look out for people as much as I can. 

That means nothing on this site. 

Nothing means anything on this site. 

Take this site with a large pinch of salt..

There are  alot of good people on here,but sadly loads of utter trolls who are allowed to run loose without question.

It (jkb) thinks its a voice ,thankfully its nowhere near.

Long may it stay that way.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

That's the way I feel man. What's so bad about that? I am not going to worry myself into a frenzy over something I can't completely control. I excercise, try to eat well and don't smoke. Might buy me ten years or i might walk out the door tomorrow and get run over. 

That doesn't mean others being afraid of it is any less valid. Just would warn against that becoming a hindrance or becoming irrational over something which statistically your unlikely to catch and even less likely to die from. We cant socially distance forever we are social animals. 

Like the old saying.

When your teas oot, your teas oot

John Gentleman
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

That's where I'm at too. 

35 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

With respect that is nonsense, you get out of this forum what you put in.

I take it you are having a bad day/night?

3 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I can't remember feeling so acutely mortal, vulnerable and scared as I do now. And I've been feeling like that across many days. 

I am scared of dying. Usually I don't think about that. Now that fear has appeared and has settled around me.

I am adjusting to it, within waves of panic, fear, laughter, alcohol.

I have faith in the people of the world. There will be solutions to this situation, to this virus. I trust them. 

Other people are brilliant. They are on this.

Take care. 

I have much of the same problems, it is difficult to accept when you are in the most likely group to get and succumb to the disease, I how ever  am not afraid of dying would prefer just to drop out of life but we are not given choice. I no longer drink, I have a loving wife who is my life, I am satisfied with what I have done and what I have achieved in this life. We all have on these forums our contretemps, but that was then this is now and I suspect we are all for one and one for all just like the musketeers. Stay strong.

5 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You are a perfect example of it here @graygo

I know I can't say what I feel. Because someone like you will tell me I am wrong. 

You have power, and I need to respect the power you have.

All I want to do is say what I think and feel. 

Why can't you let people express themselves?

You do the same thing every single day on here. We all do. Someone expressed themselves, saying they weren’t bothered about dying. That’s their opinion/feeling. You called it a strange statement. 

That was a persons opinion/feeling. You called it strange. You contested that persons ability to express themselves. 

Don’t play the victim because you don’t agree. You said above “you do you”. Practice that philosophy yourself. If someone doesn’t share your feelings, so what. 

This is a “forum.” I’m sure you’re aware of the meaning of that, but if not, look it up. 

Your feelings aren’t wrong. Neither are his. 

Take care. 

35 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

You are a perfect example of it here @graygo

I know I can't say what I feel. Because someone like you will tell me I am wrong. 

You have power, and I need to respect the power you have.

All I want to do is say what I think and feel. 

Why can't you let people express themselves?

You're right that I have the power to tell you I think you are wrong, doesn't mean you are. I'll defend your right to say it though, as I would hope you would defend my right.

Carry on expressing yourself mate, it's what this forum is or at least should be all about. You need to expect and be able to deal with some comeback though.

Bottom line as someone said above is don't take it too seriously.

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I don't want to fight. 

I hate this site for the fighting involved. 

I do not want to fight with people. 

I want to do what I can to help people. 

You helped me this week on the autism thread mate and I thank you for that. 

I like debate and unfortunately that sometimes comes over as antagonistic which is not my intention.

2 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

you not be aggressive at me here, is helpful. rare on this site. 

thank you

there is a bigger thing at stake

take care

You too.

6 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I heard that Prince Charles got the virus because he ate an old bat, can any one confirm this??!

:clap: Scrolling down the thread of doom, then 'BOOM' this. :rofl:Magic! 

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Some in glesga coughed on two people yesterday. These people need a good slap. The guy in the video should have used hammer fists, more effective. 

So in the commons the PM, Hancock, JRM all standing gabbing to each other  and  patting each other on the back. While setting the Polis on the general public for the same thing. 

I've praised Boris, but now he needs criticised for his Hypocrisy and out of order behaviour.  Distancing was the advice, take your own advice. 

6 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

The words of help and encouragement you gave me when I was frantically trying to get my daughter home from NZ meant a lot to me. She arrives home today, and that means the world to me. Wee things like your posts at that time make a difference. Thank you.

Edited by whodanny

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

So in the commons the PM, Hancock, JRM all standing gabbing to each other  and  patting each other on the back. While setting the Polis on the general public for the same thing. 

I've praised Boris, but now he needs criticised for his Hypocrisy and out of order behaviour.  Distancing was the advice, take your own advice. 

Social distancing you say

May not be a recent photo.

Wonder if Fauci was told he had to be in the photo.

5 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Looking ahead, everything is my fault. My communication is why everything has occurred.

yikes

Everyone else has been perfect, and I am essentially evil. 

mega sorries all round.

I'm just quoting this post because I had to pick one from your last few to reply to.

You should probably take a step away from the thread for a bit. Clearly you are experiencing a rough time with all of this which is completely understandable. Nobody above has gone out their way to shoot you down, I think you've genuinely gotten the wrong end of the stick.

The site isn't perfect but it's far from the image you have portrayed it above. 

Looks like you were up late. Hopefully a bit of sleep has cleared your head a bit.

It's Saturday. Time to get pished.

For the first time yesterday, I began to feel a bit scared by all this. 

I work for a global organisation with 80,000 employees and hundreds of production facilities in just about every country in the world. Yesterday I spent time with a senior global manager. I got first hand the situation on the ground in our Asia/Pacific, Americas, Europe and Middle East and Africa regions. 

Not through media,  but I got the insight on absenteeism, outputs, supply, market conditions and restrictions in place around the world. 

Feck me, is all I'm going say. There is no good news out there.....and be careful about believing anything you read about restrictions being lifted in places like China.

Took the dug for a walk this morning,(6am) two young lads fecking about away up the road fae me. Ten minutes later when i passed them, they had bevvy stashed in the jackets with not a care in the world. Usually I'd say something, but feck it, if they don't care about themselves, why should I. Wide berth and move on from now on.

Edited by ri Alban

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Took the dug for a walk this morning,(6am) two young lads fecking about away up the road fae me. Ten minutes later when i passed them, they had bevvy stashed in the jackets with not a care in the world. Usually I'd say something, but feck it, if they don't care about themselves, why should I. Wide berth and move on from now on.

Oft an 8am bevvy. Times are tough

Woke up this morning and concluded my normal ablutions.

However they were anything but “normal”.

On top of social distancing and the boredom of lockdown I have a bad case of piles.

Absolutely raging and in extreme discomfort. Fortunately I have some Anusol in the medicine cupboard so given the infected are a liberal covering.

This whole situation is literally a pain in the ass!!

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Probably on the way home from an all nighter.You done the right thing 

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

On top of social distancing and the boredom of lockdown I have a bad case of piles.

Absolutely raging and in extreme discomfort. Fortunately I have some Anusol in the medicine cupboard so given the infected are a liberal covering.

Sorry 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Probably on the way home from an all nighter.You done the right thing 

I watched them walk about a half a mile towards my end of the toon and when I got their they came out the trees and walked the other way. I made sure they didn't throw things at the deer before I moved on fully.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, vegas-voss said:

Sorry 😂😂😂

I can sense the sympathy 😂

Not had them in years. Forgot just how uncomfortable they are.

7 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

get the suppositories! They make going for a s*** a little more bearable.

Just now, jambo89 said:

get the suppositories! They make going for a s*** a little more bearable.

Im not convinced there is enough room?

I've had difficulty swallowing even water. I hope it's just that I've burn my upper mouth at the back.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic