Arrests at Republican march in Glasgow

Bridge of Djoum

Konrad von Carstein

When this came on the news earlier my (Polish) wife asked what are they marching for and who are the folk with the British flags.? She's not stupid far more intelligent than me, however, how do you explain this level of wank  to someone not from Scotland?

My tack was to advise that it because they are ****ing morons and they and people like them are the reason we don't go to Glasgow for a shopping trip (as she constantly nips my head about).

****ing embarrassing.

Dagger Is Back
4 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

When this came on the news earlier my (Polish) wife asked what are they marching for and who are the folk with the British flags.? She's not stupid far more intelligent than me, however, how do you explain this level of wank  to someone not from Scotland?

My tack was to advise that it because they are ****ing morons and they and people like them are the reason we don't go to Glasgow for a shopping trip (as she constantly nips my head about).

****ing embarrassing.

Good decision. A good mate of mine who is a Dundee Utd fan, was in Glasgow for a show.

Went to a pub afterwards and were caked out for not singing along and contributing to the ‘cause’

It was Xmas 3019

My uncle was in Belfast during the troubles. His anger was always directed at those who fuelled the flames from many miles away

Cowards  he’d call them and worse 

The shifting demographics in NI mean there will be a united Ireland sometime this century. Hopefully that will be an end to all the marches and clowns in Scotland. 

Let's remember .

There was only 50 loyalist protesters and not much more  of the republicans.

It's a difficult thing to ban because to do so by law could affect what we all might see as legitimate marches or parades.

We may not like Republican bands but it was a march about bloody sunday.

I know this took place in Gkasgow but I'd be surprised if all who took part were from there.

Samuel Camazzola
9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Good decision. A good mate of mine who is a Dundee Utd fan, was in Glasgow for a show.

Went to a pub afterwards and were caked out for not singing along and contributing to the ‘cause’

It was Xmas 3019

My uncle was in Belfast during the troubles. His anger was always directed at those who fuelled the flames from many miles away

Cowards  he’d call them and worse 

Time travel has been cracked! 

Please tell me we've unearthed a natural goalscorer. 

Are we singing about Hibs not winning the cup for over a 1000 years? 

😂 

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Time travel has been cracked! 

Please tell me we've unearthed a natural goalscorer. 

Are we singing about Hibs not winning the cup for over a 1000 years? 

😂

😂 

Who are these Hibs of which you talk?

Samuel Camazzola
16 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

😂

Who are these Hibs of which you talk?

wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

10 hours ago, jake said:

Let's remember .

There was only 50 loyalist protesters and not much more  of the republicans.

It's a difficult thing to ban because to do so by law could affect what we all might see as legitimate marches or parades.

We may not like Republican bands but it was a march about bloody sunday.

I know this took place in Gkasgow but I'd be surprised if all who took part were from there.

So? March in Derry or London (home of the government that sent the army there). 

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So? March in Derry or London (home of the government that sent the army there). 

Fair point .

I meant more how it would look politically.

19 hours ago, JackLadd said:

The shifting demographics in NI mean there will be a united Ireland sometime this century. Hopefully that will be an end to all the marches and clowns in Scotland. 

Sadly, not a chance.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Sadly, not a chance.

Why not when the demographics are going one way I think it's a cert, although it could take decades. 

16 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

:asiancat:  Rabbie cooldnae dae ainy better.

15 minutes ago, Saxon Hearts said:

Highly likely a fair chunk of the pira marchers were also card carrying snp supporters. 

No evidence of this in the real world. Last week 80,000 pro indepence supporters , including a lot of card carrying SNP members, marched through the Weege without incident.

Comparing that to the 50 hard line Irish republicans and 50 hard line unionist bams in the counter demonstration is pathetic.

Placid Casual
19 minutes ago, Saxon Hearts said:

Highly likely a fair chunk of the pira marchers were also card carrying snp supporters. 

Highly likely you see everything in black and white.

3 minutes ago, Placid Casual said:

Highly likely you see everything in black and white.

Nope, much more Maroon and White and Red White and Blue British and Proud.

Edited by Saxon Hearts

Dusk_Till_Dawn
On 25/01/2020 at 20:40, Maple Leaf said:

Hard to believe.  :wtf:

Irish Republicans and Irish Loyalists clashing in a Scottish city.

It's beyond pathetic.

Are any of them Irish? Or just think weegie twats?

2 hours ago, Saxon Hearts said:

Just what we need, another loony loyalist bigot

13 hours ago, XB52 said:

Just what we need, another loony loyalist bigot

You're a fantasist and a liar which is entirely in keeping with snp anti-British lunacy and bigotry. 

Being proudly British is far removed from being a 'loony loyalist bigot'. 

On the other hand rabid nationalism is a disease and the sooner the snp are put back into their wee box of bigotry and fantasism the better it will be for Britain and its people. 

25 minutes ago, Saxon Hearts said:

You're a fantasist and a liar which is entirely in keeping with snp anti-British lunacy and bigotry. 

On the other hand rabid nationalism is a disease and the sooner the snp are put back into their wee box of bigotry and fantasism the better it will be for Britain and its people. 

There's nothing wrong with either cause.

But there's 3 groups in this; those who seek to preserve the union, those who seek self determination, and OTT arseholes who need to calm TF down.

It's the OTT lot on both sides that are the problem, not the reasonable human beings with different perspectives on the subject.

The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, Saxon Hearts said:

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, Saxon Hearts said:

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

On 25/01/2020 at 20:53, Konrad von Carstein said:

****ing embarrassing.

You don't go to Glasgow for a shopping trip because there may be a march on? Normal people just go about their business as usual in Glasgow, there is minimal disruption when there is a march, yet you're scared to visit? Mental.

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

There's nothing wrong with either cause.

But there's 3 groups in this; those who seek to preserve the union, those who seek self determination, and OTT arseholes who need to calm TF down.

It's the OTT lot on both sides that are the problem, not the reasonable human beings with different perspectives on the subject.

Not true in every case by any means. In my opinion there are a huge number of nats who've no interest in the well being of Scotland and its people and are instead solely engaged in breaking up the United Kingdom for their own self serving anti-British ideological agenda. 

We do very well up here in Scotland being part of a one nation UK and I will continue to argue against nationalist separatists at every opportunity.

Edited by Saxon Hearts

13 minutes ago, Saxon Hearts said:

Not true in every case by any means. In my opinion there are a huge number of nats who've no interest in the well being of Scotland and its people and are instead solely engaged in breaking up the United Kingdom for their own self serving anti-British ideological agenda. 

We do very well up here in Scotland being part of a one nation UK and I will continue to argue against nationalist separatists at every opportunity.

You seem offended that others have a different ideaology

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You seem offended that others have a different ideaology

Not offended in the slightest. People are welcome to their ideological agendas but they'll have a very tough job imposing theirs (nat separatists) upon the long established UK and its people. 

Just now, Saxon Hearts said:

Not offended in the slightest. People are welcome to their ideological agendas but they'll have a very tough job imposing theirs (nat separatists) upon the long established UK and its people. 

Imposing, behave!

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Imposing, behave!

Wouldn't you agree that the snp spend way too much time on their separation agenda and have been found wanting at the day job with failures across the NHS for example?

Just now, Saxon Hearts said:

Wouldn't you agree that the snp spend way too much time on their separation agenda and have been found wanting at the day job with failures across the NHS for example?

I'm not into loaded questions mate but only a fool would expect the SNP's core concept to be anything other than independence for Scotland.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

You don't go to Glasgow for a shopping trip because there may be a march on? Normal people just go about their business as usual in Glasgow, there is minimal disruption when there is a march, yet you're scared to visit? Mental.

Point me to where I say I'm scared to go to Glasgow.

Those images showed your city in a great light though eh?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I'm not into loaded questions mate but only a fool would expect the SNP's core concept to be anything other than independence for Scotland.

You seem offended that anyone would question or oppose the snp's separation concept?

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Saxon Hearts said:

Sounds very pro-British bigotry

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Saxon Hearts said:

Nationalist separatists like those celebrating Brexit on Friday? Your sheer ignorance of British Nationalism is staggering.

Tell the kids living in poverty, those working full time that visit food banks, OAPs with the worst pensions on this continent and all the others how Scotland does well whilst paying for upgrades to Buckingham Palace,Westminster, Trident, London sewers and HS2.

Scotland has a vast array of natural resources and would prosper on its own, that’s widely accepted. 

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, Saxon Hearts said:

How can one nation have 4 capital city's?

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Saxon Hearts said:

The NHS that’s outperforming those in the rest of the UK?

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Hit the nail on the head, love the new profile pic I shared it yesterday saying it was me in cat form 😜.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The NHS that’s outperforming those in the rest of the UK?

This is the health care system he craves for. Billionaires paying zero tax whist asking other tax payments being deferred on airlines he co-owns.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/richard-bransons-virgin-healthcare-paid-21366075

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

This is the health care system he craves for. Billionaires paying zero tax whist asking other tax payments being deferred on airlines he co-owns.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/richard-bransons-virgin-healthcare-paid-21366075

But surely Johnson didn't lie when he said they were t going to sell off the NHS? What time on Saturday is the £350m going to be spent 🙈?

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hit the nail on the head, love the new profile pic I shared it yesterday saying it was me in cat form 😜.

:thumbsup: