Dikamona on Levein and Stendel

Hearts1975

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/clevid-dikamona-explains-daniel-stendels-21346244.amp

don’t know what more to say tbh 

it sickens me, absolutely sickens me that he is anywhere near the club. Wish he would just pack his bags and go 

Funny now that the players are starting to speak out about what it was really like behind closed doors 

Looking forward to some usual sickening defence of the failure that is Craig Levein. 

“the objective under Craig was to score one more goal than the opposition” and some folk still wonder why we were in the position we were in. Beggars belief that he is still at the club 

I have ended up hating a guy that for years I worshipped as a player. All these years of worship are gone, finished, as the imposter has shown his true colours and left a dressing room berefit of any positivity 

Just wait till levein leaves the club - more will come out in the press no doubt 

But, but, no one worked harder or loves Hearts as Craig Levein does - my arse he does. 

He has caused our club more inherent damage than anyone that I can ever remember 😡

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts1975

• Notts1874

• Thomaso

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Not sure what the problem is with the “one more goal” theory?

Score one more than the opposition and you win.

Mate, I am sick of it. I’m sick of him.

You know fine well what the problem is. Let’s assume Clevid is trying to be diplomatic as levein is still hanging around at the club 

Read between the lines. It’s an absolute farce he is making of us and every single day he is still there it is making me sick to my absolute stomach what he has done to us and that dressing room 

8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Well it might have been mentioned before, once or twice, but when you adopt such a negative mindset the problem can be that you end up only winning 3 home games in a calendar year.

This has been done to death but it still irks a lot of fans.

Absolute Scenes
14 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Mate, I am sick of it. I’m sick of him.

You know fine well what the problem is. Let’s assume Clevid is trying to be diplomatic as levein is still hanging around at the club 

Read between the lines. It’s an absolute farce he is making of us and every single day he is still there it is making me sick to my absolute stomach what he has done to us and that dressing room 

Do you not think you'd feel a wee bit better not going over and over on the same done-to-death things on Levein? Bringing him up at every turn is likely to make you angry so why not move on and enjoy a new manager with a refreshing ideas? Just a thought. Also, I don't like Levein and am not defending him don't worry

The problem with reading between the lines is that you sometimes see things that aren't there, particularly if your mind is already framed in a certain way on a matter.

Lots of understandable energy in the OP, but it would be better spent supporting Stendel than hating Levein.  Hating Levein isn't going to change anything; supporting Stendel might.

Levein should never set foot in Tynecastle ever again - apparently he's speaking at Dunfermline tonight before or after the game feel sorry for those fans having to listen to all his waffling

23 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

problem is when the other team score first or score 2 or 3 before the first 20 minutes are done with and we don't have the capability to score one goal first let alone 2 , 3 or 4 without reply...Based solely in Levein's case of defence and not conceding, hoping for a 1-0...yes...we might get lucky and score a few in the odd game against poorer teams but as we all witnessed, chasing a game without the necessary players is what caused our current predicament.  Boring, eye bleeding, simple for opposition teams to suss out, game plan oot the windae once the opposition score first...SHAMBOLIC system that has failed us spectacularly all thanks to oor Craig's stubborn refusal to change...Gone from hero (player) to ZERO in many supporter's eyes including mine

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Do you not think you'd feel a wee bit better not going over and over on the same done-to-death things on Levein? Bringing him up at every turn is likely to make you angry so why not move on and enjoy a new manager with a refreshing ideas? Just a thought. Also, I don't like Levein and am not defending him don't worry

I am with Stendel. He has my full and unequivocal support. I have never said a bad word against him and I genuinely believe that he will get us out of this mess. 100% faith.

your right. It is just making me angry the fact that he is still here and taking his salary. That’s the bit that sticks in my throat more than anything, even more so than his failings. It just isn’t right and the fact that we are in relegation trouble and the powers at be still think he is of some use beggars belief 

I know it’s been done to death and I’m not helping by creating another thread with more repeats. I just read it and thought here we go again. 

I really just wish he would get to f... away from us so we can move on and get over it 

It ain’t good for the blood pressure 😕 levein isn’t good for the blood pressure 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hes-asking-us-play-more-offensively-hearts-defender-clevid-dikamona-reveals-differences-between-daniel-stendel-and-craig-levein-plus-joy-being-club-1373292

'He's asking us to play more offensively' - Hearts defender Clevid Dikamona reveals the differences between Daniel Stendel and Craig Levein, plus the joy at being at the club

The Congolese international filled in at right-back with Sean Clare, Michael Smith and Aaron Hickey all unavailable, and put in an assured defensive performance.

Dikamona produced two key interventions, in each half, to deny Ross County promising opportunities before leaving the field with an injury.

Signed in 2018, the 29-year-old has developed into a popular figure around the squad and amongst the Hearts support. He may have only played 31 times for the club but the fans have taken to his personality and committed approach on the field.

The defender's appearance at Ross County was just his second under new boss Daniel Stendel, but having been signed by Craig Levein, he is well placed to provide an insight into the changes which have been made since the German's arrival.

In an interview with Get French Football News, he said: "The first thing a new coach tries to do is to breathe new life into the team, a new perspective into the situation and some freshness, which is what he’s brought us. I think we needed some positivity at this stage of the campaign; there was negativity all around us before that, be it in the results or in the mood of the squad.

"What his arrival has done is allow us to see things from another point of view. He’s been asking us on a daily basis to communicate a lot between ourselves, to create a solid group because in the face of adversity nothing is better than unity. His vision of football is different to what we had with Craig [Levein].

"He’s asking us to play more offensively, to be further up the pitch and to press at any time during games. He sees things in a positive rather than negative way. Attack is the best form of defence, that’s why he asks us to press opponents as much as possible.

"Before, we had a style of play where there was no risk taking, and the objective was just to get one goal more than the opposition. While nowadays the message we have is to take more risks in order to score goals

"Even if this might give the opposition more chances to score, generally by taking risks we are the ones who create more chances. It’s our responsibility if we have three chances on goal to score all three, even if it means conceding two as well."

Recognised as a squad player capable of filling in at centre-back or right-back, Dikamona's deal expires at the end of the season. While not thinking too much about the future past this campaign the defender has been fully positive at being part of the club and the squad.

"When you look at the internationals who are in the squad, I’m lucky to be able to play alongside them," he said. "Whether it’s during games or in training, you learn a lot from them and you grow as a player.

"We’re feeling good here, but then again right now the priority is to work as hard as possible get the club out of the situation I’ve had a part in putting it in. I feel responsible for it, just as the other players in the team. So right now I’m not thinking about the future but what needs to be done in the present, which is to get our heads up and start a positive run."

Edited by kila

The Old Tolbooth
6 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Levein should never set foot in Tynecastle ever again - apparently he's speaking at Dunfermline tonight before or after the game feel sorry for those fans having to listen to all his waffling

I wouldn't be surprised if his next gig will be at EEP and he's worming his way in there already, I feel sorry for the Pars fans just thinking about that! He should be nowhere near our club, it's just plain weird! 

10 minutes ago, Haken said:

The problem with reading between the lines is that you sometimes see things that aren't there, particularly if your mind is already framed in a certain way on a matter.

Lots of understandable energy in the OP, but it would be better spent supporting Stendel than hating Levein.  Hating Levein isn't going to change anything; supporting Stendel might.

Read my previous posts on Stendel mate. I have been one of Stendels most vocal supporters on here and I do believe he will get it right 

8 minutes ago, rory78 said:

He'll most likely be talking to himself.  Doubt anyone will be hanging about to hear anything he has to say.

Levein is famous for his negative football approach, it’s what he does, in fact the longer he managed, the more entrenched he became.

Sad thing is, with the position he’s left us in, and the impact he’s made within the fans, I doubt he will ever be welcomed back at Tynecastle by the fans. He would have to arrive late, leave early and be under a heavy disguise.

1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Careful you're not allowed to criticise Levein on here. The clique will be out in full force shortly.

I love my club mate. Always will. Nothing is more important than that and to see what has happened just makes my blood boil ... it’s just sheer anger and emotion. I just wish the lot of them would go and right now. 

it’s not about upsetting people. Any Hearts supporter should be more upset at what’s happened than taking offence to someone spelling it out. Just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I love my club mate. Always will. Nothing is more important than that and to see what has happened just makes my blood boil ... it’s just sheer anger and emotion. I just wish the lot of them would go and right now. 

it’s not about upsetting people. Any Hearts supporter should be more upset at what’s happened than taking offence to someone spelling it out. Just my opinion 

You cant change the past mate, so getting upset or angry wont help.

Enjoy the future ...... 

24 minutes ago, Haken said:

You may be correct, however as long as we are marooned at the bottom of the league and Levein is still hanging around Tynecastle being praised by Ann Budge, the anger of very many Hearts fans will not subside.

That however will not stop the fans getting behind the team and Stendel IMO.

Edited by Thomaso

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Groundhog Day on JKB. 

Nothing to see here, move along people!

So Berra and Whelan deserve a sympathetic ear but current first team member’s opinions are not worth listening to?

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

Groundhog Day on JKB. 

No, nothing to see here Spoleto 

Nothing apart from the devastation and carnage your boyfriend has left in his wake as he Keeps the money rolling in .... 

Portable Badger

Clevid Dikamona admits Hearts’ style of play under Daniel Stendel suits him much more than when Craig Levein was in charge. 

The defender admits Stendel’s wish to take risks rather than just look for 1-0 wins makes it more fun to play in and insists his side can get out of their relegation battle.

Hearts sit bottom of the Premiership, six points behind 11th placed Hamilton after their draw with Ross County on Wednesday night. 

Dikamona has played the last two games under Stendel after replacing Christophe Berra at centre back and admits he loves it in Edinburgh. 

But it didn't stop him being critical of Levein's tactics as he praised his new manager.

He told GetFootballNewsFrance:"The first thing a new coach tries to do is to breathe new life into the team, a new perspective into the situation and some freshness, which is what he’s brought us. I think we needed some positivity at this stage of the campaign; there was negativity all around us before that, be it in the results or in the mood of the squad. What his arrival has done is allow us to see things from another point of view. 

"He’s been asking us on a daily basis to communicate a lot between ourselves, to create a solid group because in the face of adversity nothing is better than unity. His vision of football is different to what we had with Craig (Levein). 

(Image: SNS)

"He’s asking us to play more offensively, to be further up the pitch and to press at any time during games. He sees things in a positive rather than negative way. Attack is the best form of defence, that’s why he asks us to press opponents as much as possible.

"Having developed as a player in France, I would say so. We try to play as much as possible – as a central defender in France you learn to clear the ball in a cleaner way, and in athletic terms to be able to sprint often. 

"Before, we had a style of play where there was no risk taking, and the objective was just to get one goal more than the opposition. While nowadays the message we have is to take more risks in order to score goals. Even if this might give the opposition more chances to score, generally by taking risks we are the ones who create more chances. It’s our responsibility if we have three chances on goal to score all three, even if it means conceding two as well."

(Image: SNS)

Dikamona replaced Berra in the middle of the defence and the Hearts legend has been told he can leave the club.

But the Frenchman insists his team-mate is still a huge part of the squad despite being axed.

He added: "What I’ll say is this is the sort of decision a manager makes. Because he has a different approach to the game, he builds his squad according to what he needs. Maybe for him, Christophe didn’t fit that criteria. As a team-mate, it always hurts to see someone you play with being cast aside like that, because I tell myself that it could just as well have been me in his place. But this is a business where there are choices to be made, and it’s the manager who makes them so they have to be respected.

"Of course, he’s still an important part of the club. He was formed here, he went off and had a great career and then came back home. For me, he remains the club’s iconic captain. Even if he’s not on the pitch on matchday, he makes his presence felt." 

I'm not going to attempt to prevent people discussing this new and exciting development.    But I'm starting to pity them.

Move on and back the club is my advice.

1 minute ago, Ruud Krol said:

You cant change the past mate, so getting upset or angry wont help.

Enjoy the future ...... 

Trying too. It will get easier when they all leave completely. 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

No, nothing to see here Spoleto 

Nothing apart from the devastation and carnage your boyfriend has left in his wake as he Keeps the money rolling in .... 

I looked on the article more as a positive endorsement of our new manager tbh. Seems like the players are warming to him which is good. 

12 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Careful you're not allowed to criticise Levein on here. The clique will be out in full force shortly.

They have arrived right on cue - more to follow.

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Trying too. It will get easier when they all leave completely. 

It doesn't appear that you're trying very hard tbf.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I looked on the article more as a positive endorsement of our new manager tbh. Seems like the players are warming to him which is good. 

I looked on it as what it was. A player who was happy that the team are playing a style of football which he thinks will suit his style of play.

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s just a poor attempt to shut down discussion people don’t like. 

I see this sort of thing written quite a lot here and it’s just a nonsense tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I looked on it as what it was. A player who was happy that the team are playing a style of football which he thinks will suit his style of play.

So the comment below was a lie then

13 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Groundhog Day on JKB. 

AlphonseCapone

On a different note. Clevid speaks really well and sounds like an intelligent guy. Want him to do well for us. Sounds like he'd be sound to go for a pint with too.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Positive re Stendel. Absolutely.

The rest ... I know some folk are saying not to read between the lines but if a player is saying that whilst he is still at the club it can’t be good or add any value to have the same folk who put us in the position where we are staring relegation in the face to belt up and watch on as Stendel try’s to recover it 

It just isn’t right - whatever they are still doing and getting paid for it they should have been ousted and immediately. Sorry mate but it’s just wrong 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Positive re Stendel. Absolutely.

The rest ... I know some folk are saying not to read between the lines but if a player is saying that whilst he is still at the club it can’t be good or add any value to have the same folk who put us in the position where we are staring relegation in the face to belt up and watch on as Stendel try’s to recover it 

It just isn’t right - whatever they are still doing and getting paid for it they should have been ousted and immediately. Sorry mate but it’s just wrong 

I agree. Nothing wrong with bringing up Levein mate. If you want to talk about him don’t let the sweepers put you off.

6 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It doesn't appear that you're trying very hard tbf.

I care about the club. You appear to not give a toss and appear at times to take some personal satisfaction with your posts 

suttle difference 

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not sure who the 'they' is you're referring to.  Personally, I share the OP's frustrations but not to the degree I'm going to start yet another thread about a situation we all know about.  You and a few others were vociferous in your views about Levein while many other, including myself, took a wee bit longer to get there.  But it feels a little like there's still a real desire to have opposing camps.  BIt of a waste of time, no?

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

I care about the club. You appear to not give a toss and appear at times to take some personal satisfaction with your posts 

suttle difference 

You are very wrong there. 

Just now, Spoleto said:

What was a lie?

You said there was nothing to see then contradicted yourself by giving your interpretation of the players comments. So what is it, is the article ‘nothing’ or is it about a player who’s happy with the current style of play?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You said there was nothing to see then contradicted yourself by giving your interpretation of the players comments. So what is it, is the article ‘nothing’ or is it about a player who’s happy with the current style of play?

I'll leave interpretation of my comments to you. You make your own mind up about what I meant. 

4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Not sure who the 'they' is you're referring to.  Personally, I share the OP's frustrations but not to the degree I'm going to start yet another thread about a situation we all know about.  You and a few others were vociferous in your views about Levein while many other, including myself, took a wee bit longer to get there.  But it feels a little like there's still a real desire to have opposing camps.  BIt of a waste of time, no?

I quoted an article. From one of our players. There are things in the article that was said that are extremely relevant to what is being discussed 

There is no desire to have opposing camps. I’m still struggling to understand if there was opposing camps. As you put it, where is the justification for the defense ?

Insanity .... I mean, seriously 

3 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

I'll leave interpretation of my comments to you. You make your own mind up about what I meant. 

So you won’t explain the obvious contradiction? Because you can’t. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

And just like that, the Leveinbot resurfaces :laugh:

Probably just been off the forum while celebrating the 5-0 cup win. Not a thing from him/her at the weekend. Nada.

19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The response is almost pavlovian. I wonder if it's a virtual dog whistle or just a big red flashing alarm that goes off somewhere in fife

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Back and forward. Drop a comment here, drop a comment there. Don’t expect any direct answers to any direct questions. It just never happens. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No, I won't attempt to explain something that you don't want to understand. 

41 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

problem is when the other team score first or score 2 or 3 before the first 20 minutes are done with and we don't have the capability to score one goal first let alone 2 , 3 or 4 without reply...Based solely in Levein's case of defence and not conceding, hoping for a 1-0...yes...we might get lucky and score a few in the odd game against poorer teams but as we all witnessed, chasing a game without the necessary players is what caused our current predicament.  Boring, eye bleeding, simple for opposition teams to suss out, game plan oot the windae once the opposition score first...SHAMBOLIC system that has failed us spectacularly all thanks to oor Craig's stubborn refusal to change...Gone from hero (player) to ZERO in many supporter's eyes including mine

Shhh. Don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret.

He’s not our manager anymore 👍

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/clevid-dikamona-explains-daniel-stendels-21346244.amp

don’t know what more to say tbh 

it sickens me, absolutely sickens me that he is anywhere near the club. Wish he would just pack his bags and go 

Funny now that the players are starting to speak out about what it was really like behind closed doors 

Looking forward to some usual sickening defence of the failure that is Craig Levein. 

“the objective under Craig was to score one more goal than the opposition” and some folk still wonder why we were in the position we were in. Beggars belief that he is still at the club 

I have ended up hating a guy that for years I worshipped as a player. All these years of worship are gone, finished, as the imposter has shown his true colours and left a dressing room berefit of any positivity 

Just wait till levein leaves the club - more will come out in the press no doubt 

But, but, no one worked harder or loves Hearts as Craig Levein does - my arse he does. 

He has caused our club more inherent damage than anyone that I can ever remember 😡

Lost all respect for him a long time ago,blame AB for that.

12 minutes ago, Haken said:

I never had you in the Levein fanboy clique who dished out abuse to anyone who questioned Levein - no doubt they will be along shortly.

This is after all only a fans forum sharing opinions - you could say all threads are a waste of time as they do not directly have any effect on the performance of the Club and team.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Shhh. Don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret.

He’s not our manager anymore 👍

The football club is still a workplace. The Team, Stendel, the staff, Levein, McPhee ... I am sure they all still communicate to each other. That’s what teams do. I’m sure the players and levein stay in touch 

wonder what is said and who is saying it at times and whether this is helping us ... who’s up for the fight and who isn’t 

and all right in the middle of a backs to the wall relegation struggle. We could and should have dealt with this and got them out quickly and so there was no ambiguity around the mentality of the workplace 

and no, I’m not paranoid