Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Spoleto

• Redhelen

• wavydavy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20yr old centre half on a 6 month loan.

Guessing he'll be back up or even used as a defensive midfielder. 

We really need at least one, if not two proper first team midfielders and a goalscorer but if he thinks this guy will help then welcome aboard.

tartofmidlothian

This is from AFC Wimbledon's coach when he turned pro with them in 2016:

Jeremy Sauer said: “When we were discussing at the start whether Toby was right for a professional contract, the first question was ‘where do we see him in the future?’ His versatility probably works in his favour. At the moment Toby’s target in terms of his development focuses on him being more aggressive and being more of a leader as a centre-back. That’s something which may take a little longer and working with Alan Reeves he has got the right man for the job.

“Toby can also play at right-back because he is so comfortable on the ball. As he can also get up and down the pitch brilliantly, it means he is going to get minutes there. He is going to be focusing on a centre-back role in the long-term, but if an opportunity comes up at right-back in the first-team and he takes it you never know what could happen.

“Toby has done brilliantly in such a short space of time. He understands our identity and he has worked on that with a variety of coaches. One of the biggest tests for a young footballer is when they progress into a full-time football environment. They are in and around the first-team every day and they have to change from boys to men. Toby has coped with that really well.” 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

We really need at least one, if not two proper first team midfielders and a goalscorer but if he thinks this guy will help then welcome aboard.

I think he replaces Berra from his YouTube video. He's a tank btw strong player 

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

I think he replaces Berra from his YouTube video. He's a tank btw strong player 

It'll be interesting to see where Berra ends up. 

6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Starting every week in the Championship so must have something about him which suggests he might not just be back up.

tartofmidlothian
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Berra?

Dundee Utd I think 

This. On loan, if we can't get someone to take him full-time.

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Starting every week in the Championship so must have something about him which suggests he might not just be back up.

He's starting every week for Barnsley? Wonder why they'd let him go then.

Just now, cosanostra said:

Yeah that’s what I thought as well. Bit strange! 

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

He was starting every week. He isn't now under the new manager. That's how I read it anyway.

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Hasn't started game since November. On the bench mostly. 

Just now, cosanostra said:

It'll be interesting to see where Berra ends up. 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Berra?

Dundee Utd I think 

Can't see him at Dundee Utd. They have a settled team. He'll end up at a Dunfermline or Partick Thistle maybe but can't see Dundee Utd wanting him at all.

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

He was starting every week. He isn't now under the new manager. That's how I read it anyway.

Correct.

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah that’s what I thought as well. Bit strange! 

Thought he'd dropped down the pecking order. Their new manager hasn't been playing him. Was his last game not in November? 

2 minutes ago, cameron79 said:

Hasn't started game since November. On the bench mostly. 

Yeah can see that now from looking at the matches. My mistake.

Interestingly again though, most of his appearances under Stendel seem to have been at right back...

Edited by Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Can't see him at Dundee Utd. They have a settled team. He'll end up at a Dunfermline or Partick Thistle maybe but can't see Dundee Utd wanting him at all.

They dont need him this season so it would be a waste of wages on their part. Dont want him going there with us footing the bill so hopefully its somewhere else.

Nice to see Barnsley still dealing with us.  Hopefully they weren’t offended being called tin pot loads.  

Who’s he replacing?  I wouldn’t imagine he will be swapping the Barnsley bench for ours?  I’m happy with our back two at the moment and would be annoyed if it’s broken up tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Cant see how that’s a positive. 

2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah can see that now from looking at the matches. My mistake.

Interestingly again though, most of his appearances under Stendel seem to have been at right back...

And a RB isnt something we need. Surely he would slot in at the centre. Maybe the Barnsley crew have a better idea

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Nice to see Barnsley still dealing with us.  Hopefully they weren’t offended being called tin pot loads.  

Who’s he replacing?  I wouldn’t imagine he will be swapping the Barnsley bench for ours?  I’m happy with our back two at the moment and would be annoyed if it’s broken up tbh. 

Competition for Clare at right back by the sounds of it

Just now, cameron79 said:

And a RB isnt something we need. Surely he would slot in at the centre. Maybe the Barnsley crew have a better idea

Sounds like he will be a decent option in a few positions.

SectionDJambo
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Maybe 3 at the back with the 2 full backs pushing up?

Or more protection for the defence. We’ve been a bit lucky not to concede in the last 2 games.

14 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Competition for Clare at right back by the sounds of it

No way he’s displacing the English Cafu 👍

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

Or more protection for the defence. We’ve been a bit lucky not to concede in the last 2 games.

That I could live with and means one less defensive midfielder and the energy Clare and Hickey could provide would be a shrewd move. 

The Future's Maroon
32 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Berra?

Dundee Utd I think 

I think that is a stick on.

5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Jamie Walker stated Stendel only wants to play 2 formations which appear to be 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2.

StevenNaismith
27 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Halkett could do a job up front 

Believe it or not but Halkett was recommended to Hearts as a youngster as a striker but he ended up at Ibrox. 

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Believe it or not but Halkett was recommended to Hearts as a youngster as a striker but he ended up at Ibrox. 

Halkett will make us a lot of money in the future.  I’m not sure who is better him or Gallagher but fair play to the Livi youth team for finding players like them. 

14 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I know he was a striker years ago.

is he not still one of our top scorers this season?

10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Halkett will make us a lot of money in the future.  I’m not sure who is better him or Gallagher but fair play to the Livi youth team for finding players like them. 

And Arlene Foster will be the next Pope. 

By the looks of it, he played right-back last season and the first few games of this season but Stendel moved him to midfield for his last few games. Midfield makes the most sense for us too.

I'd think our centre-back signing needs to be a more experienced player, rather than a spindly 20 year old who's barely played that position recently.

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

By the looks of it, he played right-back last season and the first few games of this season but Stendel moved him to midfield for his last few games. Midfield makes the most sense for us too.

I'd think our centre-back signing needs to be a more experienced player, rather than a spindly 20 year old who's barely played that position recently.

I agree it's a big call due to his age, but he also appears to be able to drive the team forward so Stendel could well play him in midfield