John Souttar

dazajmbo

Unbelievable how important he is to us. 2 or 3 clear goal scoring chances for County last night, Souttar slides in and clears the chance. He just glides through games, it seems so easy for him. If we can keep him fit and on track he will go for mega bucks. Different class.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Unbelievable how important he is to us. 2 or 3 clear goal scoring chances for County last night, Souttar slides in and clears the chance. He just glides through games, it seems so easy for him. If we can keep him fit and on track he will go for mega bucks. Different class.

Another 2 games, Souttar and Naismith have started, another 2 games undefeated

10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Christ Daz! Gonna put up a better title? Maybe something like John Souttar (not leaving/injured)

Lol that’s exactly what I thought ... just about s... a brick there when I saw the thread 🙄

The Treasurer

Thought he would be a bit rusty after such a long lay off but looks as if he's never been away.

I think Halkett looks more confident with Soapy playing alongside him

Both Halkett and Souttar have been injured for some time so I don’t expect either of them are up to 100%, they should only get better.

Souttar is a class footballer, a modern defender that are in demand these days  

avhudtheteeshirt
53 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Both Halkett and Souttar have been injured for some time so I don’t expect either of them are up to 100%, they should only get better.

Souttar is a class footballer, a modern defender that are in demand these days  

Watching the highlights, a few times they let a player get between them in the middle and running in on goal, do that against Rangers and we will be punished!!!!

If that mug Scott McKenna is worth £8m then Soapy is worth at least £20m.

Unfortunately we’ll never see anywhere near his true value. A fantastic CB.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Jesus man, when I saw it was you who posted the thread, and then the title of it, I thought he was away! 

Stop it! :lol: 

Injuries are the only thing that has stopped him moving on already 10 times the player the big oaf at Aberdeen is that is quoted every window as a 5 to 6 million player.

Surgeon saved his career. A while back I rather clumsily relayed news that he was unlikely to play at a high level again. So glad to be proven wrong. The guy deserves a big move and a good second half to the season might just swing it for him and some big money for us. Both him and Halkett can be huge players for us over the next 3-4 months. Starting on Saturday.....!!

I feared for him after two very long injury lay-offs. I thought we might have another Craig Levein (the player) scenario whereby he gets long-term injuries before ending his career early. Not sure Halkett is an ideal centre-half, think him more of a defensive midfielder that is capable of playing in defence if needed but i'd still rather we went out and got someone else in to play alongside Souttar. Would've been good to get Jimmy Dunne back. Oh well, hope we find someone! 

2 hours ago, Section Q said:

Surgeon saved his career. A while back I rather clumsily relayed news that he was unlikely to play at a high level again. So glad to be proven wrong. The guy deserves a big move and a good second half to the season might just swing it for him and some big money for us. Both him and Halkett can be huge players for us over the next 3-4 months. Starting on Saturday.....!!

Or 3pm Sunday.

2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Souttar is one of the many reasons we “can’t” go down. When fit he’s too good for the SPL let alone the Championship.

Yep, our whole team would be getting sold cut price. 

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Cracking dedender. Reminds me of Craig Levein. Sadly, I fear injury may also determine his career too.

Ever the optimist. 🙄

Delighted to have him back but I thought both he and Halkett were getting pulled out of position, hence the need for the last ditch tackles/blocks. This will improve with more games together. Watching last night I was fearing what Rangers would do to this defence on Sunday.

The Future's Maroon

Top drawer centre back, prove he is over the injury and would not be shocked to see high bids coming in from down south.

IMO the two arsecheeks in the west should simply be told to bolt if they even enquire about him.

portobellojambo1

I actually thought he played really well again last night. Maybe it is just a quirk of the game of football or how football fans react, but for all the good that he did the only thing that seemed to generate a large amount of vocal response last night (that being negative) was a pass he attempted late on in the game,  a pass of about 15-20 feet that was a bit rushed and went out for a throw in round about the half line in front of the dug outs.

37 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I actually thought he played really well again last night. Maybe it is just a quirk of the game of football or how football fans react, but for all the good that he did the only thing that seemed to generate a large amount of vocal response last night (that being negative) was a pass he attempted late on in the game,  a pass of about 15-20 feet that was a bit rushed and went out for a throw in round about the half line in front of the dug outs.

It was the short pass back to Joel that caused me most concern 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It was the short pass back to Joel that caused me most concern 

Could be wrong but I thought that pass (assuming its the same one, relatively early in the game) actually spurred him on to play as well as he did, I think the fact he acknowledged it straight away showed he realised he hadn't hit it hard enough. The one late on just looked like a tiny bit of panic.

10 hours ago, Ribble said:

Christ Daz! Gonna put up a better title? Maybe something like John Souttar (not leaving/injured)

Lol , this for me , jeez, scary op 

The Future's Maroon

I’m beginning to wish with the ‘words’ Craig, Levein and CL were added to the swear filter thing on here. Sick to death of every thread somehow going back to him.

11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

the lad is total class. Clean sheets on his return is no surprise.

Him and Naismith are going to be huge in our battle against the drop

4 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Top drawer centre back, prove he is over the injury and would not be shocked to see high bids coming in from down south.

IMO the two arsecheeks in the west should simply be told to bolt if they even enquire about him.

No “dream move” in the Weegia yet?

11 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Thank ####, thought you were gonna say he's out I jured or something, 

Phew.

Agree tho, he's been braw since he's came back In.

Long may it continue. 

I don't rate Souttar all that highly, he's decent but he's like the webster to the pressley. 

Nearly cost us a goal with that poor attempt of a header back tae but nobody is mentioning that. 

I think it's more hope than anything from you lot. 

The Future's Maroon
30 minutes ago, FWJ said:

No “dream move” in the Weegia yet?

funnily enough considering who we are playing this week I am surprised there has not been a *enter Hearts player here* to Sevco story yet....probably Saturday I’ll predict!

35 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I don't rate Souttar all that highly, he's decent but he's like the webster to the pressley. 

Nearly cost us a goal with that poor attempt of a header back tae but nobody is mentioning that. 

You’re at it. You don’t rate him highly because he’s like Webster? Webster would be a huge player in our side just now. 

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’re at it. You don’t rate him highly because he’s like Webster? Webster would be a huge player in our side just now. 

Webster was better to be fair. 

I didn't rate Neilson either, he had a few good moments but mostly ran about like a heedless chicken.

The Future's Maroon
17 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Webster was better to be fair. 

I didn't rate Neilson either, he had a few good moments but mostly ran about like a heedless chicken.

He did, but he was reliable and committed and although not a great player, done a good job.

The amount of passes up the right wing that went out of play, I began to find hilarious....managed to head one back on the pitch one day, was well chuffed with myself 😂 

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

For a start he's way, way ahead of Pressley at the same stage of his career.

Ipso factor, your analysis is mince.