A cold Wednesday night in Dingwall

DB-14

What is it with people posting this all over threads in social media as some sort of bizarre excuse for why a point is reasonable?

Would these same fans be up in arms if we drew 0-0 on a hot Saturday afternoon.

It’s just a pointless lazy cliche.

been here before
6 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

What is it with people posting this all over threads in social media as some sort of bizarre excuse for why a point is reasonable?

This in spades. Sounds like Berra was missed last night which is a shame as he has been a great servant.

You never ever see pointless lazy cliches on here.

Obviously sending my thoughts to the family.

Edited by been here before

Flat atmosphere due to numbers and temperature, conditions make it harder to play football, travelling up on the day of the game as opposed to the night before. All small factors that probably make a difference. Whilst I agree it’s not the main reason we didn’t win, I do think there is some logic to it. 

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

Flat atmosphere due to numbers and temperature, conditions make it harder to play football, travelling up on the day of the game as opposed to the night before. All small factors that probably make a difference. Whilst I agree it’s not the main reason we didn’t win, I do think there is some logic to it. 

Yep. I'm willing to bet my performance at work wouldn't be the best if I'd travelled three to four hours before starting my shift.

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

This in spades. Sounds like Berra was missed last night which is a shame as he has been a great servant.

You never ever see pointless lazy cliches on here.

Obviously sending my thoughts to the family.

How could berra be missed if we managed to keep a clean sheet. Since he has been dropped we've kept 2 clean sheets 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

How could berra be missed if we managed to keep a clean sheet. Since he has been dropped we've kept 2 clean sheets 

Whoooooooosh.

Never mind though...

Probably down to the wage thieves and imposters then that this club is broken.

Cliches aside... how was the new boy? Does it look like there's a player in there?

Edited by been here before

3 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Hearts travled up on Wednesday 

afternoon. Stayed and trained in Inverness before the game yesterday.

Guess The Crowd

It certainly wasn’t cold. For the time of year, very mild day up here yesterday. 

A breeze got up during the game, assisting Hearts in the second half, but good playing conditions. Pitch not brilliant, but we’re hardly in a position to complain about that.

It is a centuries old cliche but it really means a tough away match at a shitey wee ground you fear your own players won’t fancy. 

Seems like it came true again going by performance. 

Guess The Crowd
Just now, Restonbabe said:

Hearts travled up on Wednesday 

afternoon. Stayed and trained in Inverness before the game yesterday.

Pretty sure they were up Tuesday. Team bus in Kingsmills hotel early yesterday morning

14 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Especially as it wasn't cold, it was ridiculously mild infact. 

The Jambo Janny

Was'n't that cold last night been to games in april  when its been lot worse so thats not an excuse. The County keeper could have stayed at home and the score would still be the same. Football  is a simple game stick the roond thing into the white frame at the end of the pitch, something to try in training today maybe:thumbsup:

Losers clutching at straws for another inept performance. No shots in target had nothing to do with a balmy Wednesday night up North. We’re shite. 

MarkDevriesScores4
2 hours ago, been here before said:

This in spades. Sounds like Berra was missed last night

Got to be joking? 

Cliche aside, sounds like the OP is raging we didn't win. It's not an easy place to go, and a draw wasn't the worst thing in the world. Get over it.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Cliche aside, sounds like the OP is raging we didn't win. It's not an easy place to go, and a draw wasn't the worst thing in the world. Get over it.

I'm not raging we didn't win. I just wish people wouldn't make such ridiculous excuses as a reason we only got a point.

Just now, SteauaNeedarest said:

I'm not raging we didn't win. I just wish people wouldn't make such ridiculous excuses as a reason we only got a point.

Fair enough, it just came across like you were rather disappointed with the result.

You're right, the location and weather conditions should make no difference to the players. But, I'm still relatively content with a point.

Shanks said no

All right, but apart from a cold Wednesday night in Dingwall, Stanley Matthews, sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have Stoke City ever done for us?

5 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Bring on summer footie....!

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

All right, but apart from a cold Wednesday night in Dingwall, Stanley Matthews, sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have Stoke City ever done for us?

'Turned me into a newt!"

"I got better"

RIP Terry Jones

6 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

Inaccurate too, it wasn't a cold night last night. 

1 hour ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

This. 

Doctor FinnBarr
8 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

It certainly wasn’t cold. For the time of year, very mild day up here yesterday. 

A breeze got up during the game, assisting Hearts in the second half, but good playing conditions. Pitch not brilliant, but we’re hardly in a position to complain about that.

It was like a spring evening with the temps before KO, bit colder when the wind got up at HT. By the time we left the Mallard at 1ish to walk back to the digs blackbirds were singing, they must think its spring as well. Look out for Daffs popping up anytime soon

Guess The Crowd
10 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

It was like a spring evening with the temps before KO, bit colder when the wind got up at HT. By the time we left the Mallard at 1ish to walk back to the digs blackbirds were singing, they must think its spring as well. Look out for Daffs popping up anytime soon

Good pub, the Mallard. Right beside the ground, with adjacent train platform. Trust you had a decent evening. 

Doctor FinnBarr
Just now, Guess The Crowd said:

Good pub, the Mallard. Right beside the ground, with adjacent train platform. Trust you had a decent evening. 

We did mate, stayed at Cromarty View guest house on what was the old A9 pretty much opposite a tyre place, McConnachies maybe?

9 hours ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

We are a team of excuses but think DS is the man to change this.

Guess The Crowd
57 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

We did mate, stayed at Cromarty View guest house on what was the old A9 pretty much opposite a tyre place, McConnachies maybe?

Yes, I know where you are. A long time since the A9 went through Dingwall, mind!

5 hours ago, kila said:

Did the team go up early morning or did they only arrive a couple of hours before kick off?

Going by the stats, didn't turn up until the second half.

Game of two halves 

Or is it Halfs?