attacking midfield player

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

been saying this for a age now and I think most supporters would agree we have been crying out for a attacking midfield player as the midfield we have just aint good enough at creating chances its ok playing a pub team like  Airdrie fc but we are hopeless in this department and have been the last two years this need s to be addressed pronto or we are going to struggle to win any ****ing games when we cant beat teams at the bottom of the league well slightly above us we are toiling :rifle::sombrero:

No, we need a poacher who can put the ball in the fecking net.  We create chances but have no natural finisher to put them away.

Just now, Heartsofgold said:

No, we need a poacher who can put the ball in the fecking net.  We create chances but have no natural finisher to put them away.

Poachers dont score without a decent creative midfielder we need both.

8 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Poachers dont score without a decent creative midfielder we need both.

As I said, we CREATE the chances but have no-one to finish them consistently.  The players we have can get the ball into the box and with a natural finisher we will score at least some of them

Just now, Armageddon said:

We were without Smith, Hickey and Meshi tonight.... all back in for SevCo.

Baby steps ladies.

Clare too. 

wattie exploited
24 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Crying out for a winger or two, a CH, a midfielder and two strikers. A team really. 

true oh yeah and a goalie !:rifle:

100 players give or take in that woman's era and we still have no goalscorer, no decent keeper, no creativity, no stability. no balance, no midfield, no atmosphere, no killer edge, no fight and no hope.

The 5 year plan

:fonzie:

Edited by i8hibsh

32 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

We were without Smith, Hickey and Meshi tonight.... all back in for SevCo.

Baby steps ladies.

I really want to be positive and am trying but which four or five players will be out for the next few games? I’m over the injury excuse and thinking when so and so gets back things will turn. 

41 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

As I said, we CREATE the chances but have no-one to finish them consistently.  The players we have can get the ball into the box and with a natural finisher we will score at least some of them

I can’t agree that we create chances. We create very few. It makes me yearn for the days when you used to be able to slate a striker for missing sitters. There have been more games than I care to remember over the last few years when we haven’t carved out a single decent chance in 90 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

No we don’t, we really don’t.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Id rather have a lucky striker who can score goals of his back side or whatever, real number 9 could save us buying half a new team 

Really don't think we do create clear cut chances tbh. 

apart from games v the likes of Airdrie we really don’t create much in the way of clear cut chances. When we do our finishing is utterly hopeless. 
the hope is that Naismith gets an injury free run now because at home he is definitely our only hope for goals. 
Meshino has an eye for goal but shouldn’t be carrying that burden.

Uche, McLean and Washington (Though to be fair he’s only just back) are abysmal in the goal scoring front

Agree.

We need to sort out our central midfield badly. If we persist with Irving and Bozanic, there's a good chance we'll be relegated. We need two first choice central midfielders and a goalscorer to stand a good chance IMO.

7 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

They cost a fortune.

Like I said last night, we'll go absolutely nowhere and we'll struggle to win football matches with a midfield like ours.

There is absolutely no goal threat from our midfield. I don't think il be seeing a Cameron /Hartley anytime soon. The enormity of the task ahead for Stendel is huge. 

Ainsley Harriott
8 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Would think loan deals are the only option for now.

Why? We just signed someone less than 48 hours ago that isn't  a loan

8 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Would think loan deals are the only option for now.

Clubs don't let good players go out on loan. Only the crap they want rid of. Time for Anne to open the purse strings and back the manager. 

9 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

What Hearts are you watching? we create very very few chances

9 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

We absolutely dont.

18 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Clubs don't let good players go out on loan. Only the crap they want rid of. Time for Anne to open the purse strings and back the manager. 

Skacel arrived on loan when he first got here.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

If only.

Best left peg I've ever seen grace a maroon Jersey. Don't think il ever see anything come close to the legend that is Sir Rudolph. 

Jamboscanbevicius

Not sure a pure attacking CM is what we need. We have players like Naisy and Meshino that can create. But we lack real drive in the middle of the park. Someone that grabs a game by the scruff of the neck.

Have only seen him a few times, but I think this is the kind of role Alex Mowatt played in DS’s Barnsley side.

Believe he’s out of contract this summer but unlikely to get him as others will be circling and Barnsley seem

keen to shaft us where possible.

3 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

We had one in Edwards but Levein did not rate him.

Ryan Edwards isn't an attacking midfielder.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We have plenty of them. Its somebody to win it back and someone to pass it to the attacking players that is the problem.

Meshino, Walker, Naismith, Moore, Henderson, Donis, how many more of these types do we need.

We have no enforcer, we have no passer (slightly harsh on Irving but its a big ask in the circumstances)

Its more a box to box midfielder thats needed if only there was a Paul Hartley out there.

Players like that drive others out of position and create space but so win the ball back quickly.

One answer could be to play Dikamona and Souttar in CD and move Halkett forward to a DM role.  He can be handy at both ends of the park.

wattie exploited
12 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Agree.

We need to sort out our central midfield badly. If we persist with Irving and Bozanic, there's a good chance we'll be relegated. We need two first choice central midfielders and a goalscorer to stand a good chance IMO.

Irving and Bozanic, they arent good enough Irving has promise but at the moment we need better Bozanic does a lot of running but his passing aint great we need someone better brought in now before its to late :rifle:

3 hours ago, Darren said:

Ryan Edwards isn't an attacking midfielder.

Well he is scoring goals for Burton.

Fozzyonthefence
15 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Sorry but that is delusion of the highest order, the kind of head in the sand thinking from CL that has got us into the mess we’re in.  Our midfield is hopeless at creating chances!

1 hour ago, grumpyespana said:

Well he is scoring goals for Burton.

He's scored 6 this season. Halkett has 5 for Hearts - he's not an attacking midfielder either.

Fxxx the SPFL
7 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

There is absolutely no goal threat from our midfield. I don't think il be seeing a Cameron /Hartley anytime soon. The enormity of the task ahead for Stendel is huge. 

1 minute ago, Darren said:

He's scored 6 this season. Halkett has 5 for Hearts - he's not an attacking midfielder either.

Edwards has a great engine up and down the park he showed that in the cup final, he never really got  a chance with us.

1 minute ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

Edwards has a great engine up and down the park he showed that in the cup final, he never really got  a chance with us.

He played very well in the cup final and I thought he may have been given more of a chance to prove himself but obviously Levein had other ideas. One things for sure is he was never going to as good as Cameron and Hartley. 

15 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Really don't think we do create clear cut chances tbh. 

no its rare its a clear cut chance. Usually industrious or a cracking finish or as per Irving's opener at the weekend a fluke

Fluke

pearler

3tap ins of a combined distance of 1.3yards 😂

all count though