***Heart Of Midlothian v Glasgow Rangers Official Match Day Thread***

Bazzas right boot

2 hours ago, farin said:

Hitlers alive & on YouTube 😄

15:40 ish in. Diving, cheating, referee was out of order?

What game was that moron watching?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• pettigrewsstylist

• Morgan

6 hours ago, farin said:

His hairline and pubic tuft of facial hair fascinating.

His quote the Bears fans got his MOTM for singing for 90 minutes. I assume he turned the sound down after the Naismith goal. 

He looks like he needs a good scrub

After Wednesday, we talked with the players and I said ‘Believe what I say is right, this is the way we will play, this is the right way' 

-Daniel Stendel

tenor.gif?itemid=15630699 :greggy:

Loved the fact too that McGregor the mutant looked like a tit at both of our goals. Rooted to the spot and useless.

15 hours ago, geomac said:

Well played Stirling Jambo 👍. Even funnier for you seeing the flag behind the goals when Kent scored for 'Stirling Protestant Boys' !

You couldn’t miss the Stirling Protestant Boys banner.

halfwits actually pay a company to get this made to take to a game and watch a football team.

nothing surprises me with these idiots.

9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

So I had questioned how the Stendel style would work and play out against the Huns...

****ing well it transpires.

The press created the first goal with Halkett not trottingback I to his own half but staying high up the pitch and putting the tackle in that moved the ball to Boyce

Then incredibly - for us - winner comes from Boyce finding our utility left back who has bombed up the pitch in the 80th odd minute effectively as an attacking left midfielder

On tip of that the amount of time our centre backs spent in a Rangers half all game and the amount of time decent Rangers players who must have been pig sock of constantly having a Hearts player up their hoop simply couldn’t find another player in space was brilliant.

On top of that whilst not the perfect footballing display that was the Huns second lowest possession this season - topped only by their Celtic game.

AND we haven’t even perfected it yet and have still to get a couple more players in that Stendel knows can play the style.

Forgive me for not messing my pants

we did get caught a few times with ball over the top and a pacey striker like edourd would probably have scored. i will however counter that view with the defence is still learning it fully, knowing when to go and when to press as a unit. Add in also it was souttars what third game back? and him and halkett need time to gel as a partnership. the future looks bright mon the hearts

11 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier, but I thought that Defoe has totally lost his pace. 2/3 years ago, he would have had a couple of goals. Can't help thinking that's a poor bit of business by Sevco.

Made Kris Boyd look like Usain Bolt

10 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

If you haven't Slippy G's interview on Sky then do check it out in the morning.

That moment when he gets asked about "bottle". 

He knows the league is gone.

What a great day. 

Thought he was close to a breakdown - Poor Little scouse t@&t

annushorribilis III
10 hours ago, farin said:

That comment had me howling 😂

I initially  thought Kris Boyd had eaten an entire Tynie pie stall .

Actually,if you can stand the accent and the excruciating "haud wur haunds up" stuff it's not too bad.

Not that bad really, but what's with the ref comments ? he gave them everything, imagine they had to have one game where they were reffed like everyone who's isn't the ugly sisters ,there would be riots.

12 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned earlier, but I thought that Defoe has totally lost his pace. 2/3 years ago, he would have had a couple of goals. Can't help thinking that's a poor bit of business by Sevco.

Defoe was atrocious, and looked like he couldn't be bothered at all, his face after every miss on TV just looked exhausted. I actually wondered if he might have been coming down with something. 

His shooting was all over the place, but you're right, his pace is going - never really got away from his man today. 

13 hours ago, indianajones said:

IMG-20200126-WA0016.jpg

I'll admit, that took me a wee minute to work out what was going on, but that is superb :lol:

Brauhauser2012

Was the ref deliberately putting himself between the rangers strikers and the hearts defenders in the second half as they fell behind? Love to get a second opinion.

I felt he was desperate to award them a penalty.

Edited by Brauhauser2012

17 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

When was the last time we had a goal scorer score the winner against the old firm  ? What a three points that 

Lafferty, playing in midfield.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Defoe was atrocious, and looked like he couldn't be bothered at all, his face after every miss on TV just looked exhausted. I actually wondered if he might have been coming down with something. 

His shooting was all over the place, but you're right, his pace is going - never really got away from his man today. 

there was a moment in the highlights when defoe had something like a yard headstart on halkett and halkett easily caught him and got the block in

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

there was a moment in the highlights when defoe had something like a yard headstart on halkett and halkett easily caught him and got the block in

Did Defoe not also get caught by both centre backs at the same time, when he was through on goal? 

Signed a new contract with them though :rofl:

3 hours ago, Brauhauser2012 said:

Was the ref deliberately putting himself between the rangers strikers and the hearts defenders in the second half as they fell behind? Love to get a second opinion.

I felt he was desperate to award them a penalty.

He had the perfect opportunity to give them one and never, we need to stop this paranoia about the refs. I do agree that the standard could be better.

Anyone who thinks they are being influenced by authorities to sway results, should ask a ref exactly what they think of the SPFL & SFA. These guys aren't going to give deliberately bad decisions on live TV for the sake of changing the result. They don't get paid anywhere neat enough for that to happen.

Samuel Camazzola

It was interesting that none of the pundits or reporters passed comment about Goldson playing more aimless punts than Berra ever did. 

21 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

It was very difficult but no worse than trying to keep up with the game on here 😂. Cheers, she’s fine. Just a routine MRI - she has MS so she gets them done every 6 months or so to make sure her meds are working. 

My goodwill towards her went out the window when we got home though - she kept popping through saying things like “have you seen the rangers goal yet?”, “did you see the hearts player get sent off”,  “oh, I’ve seen the score, you won’t want to watch the 2nd half”.  :muggy:

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

My daughter, a mad Jambo, has MS, the progressive type sadly.  However, it didn't stop her nearly bursting my eardrum after the game.

Not sure the right thread to put this in, but:

I'm pretty disappointed with Jon Daly and his comments on Andy Irving not being able to cope with the huns midfield. 

He's spent the better part of the last 4 years at the club coaching the laddie and those are his comments? Atrocious in my view. I'm not saying he had to lie, but he willingly put forward that view. Seems pretty unprofessional for a former pro and ex coach to talk down a youngster he had coached heading in to such a big game.  

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not sure the right thread to put this in, but:

I'm pretty disappointed with Jon Daly and his comments on Andy Irving not being able to cope with the huns midfield. 

He's spent the better part of the last 4 years at the club coaching the laddie and those are his comments? Atrocious in my view. I'm not saying he had to lie, but he willingly put forward that view. Seems pretty unprofessional for a former pro and ex coach to talk down a youngster he had coached heading in to such a big game.  

Says more about him than Irving tbf.

WheatfieldWarrior
21 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

If you haven't Slippy G's interview on Sky then do check it out in the morning.

Which Sippy G - Gerrard or Goldson?

On a slightly different topic ,Sky Sports are believed to be delighted with th feedback from viewers in England. Our game was of course,live throughout the UK, and many who do not regularly watch Scottish football like what they saw. I've never seen a game in a more atmospheric stadium was one comment. 

23 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

That was funny. Its even better when “one working leg Boyce” scores.

They even blame their white socks 🤣🤣. Roasters the lot of them. That’s a great read and put a smile on my face 😁

Libertonian_II
On 26/01/2020 at 21:02, Dino Velvet said:

Nice photo. I work with the guy in black at the front. 

You work on the trains then?😄

13 hours ago, 25bhr said:

On a slightly different topic ,Sky Sports are believed to be delighted with th feedback from viewers in England. Our game was of course,live throughout the UK, and many who do not regularly watch Scottish football like what they saw. I've never seen a game in a more atmospheric stadium was one comment. 

Good news. Where are you reading this?

Was the perfect weekend to get a win on Sky TV, with the FA cup being on.

The_razors_edge
On 27/01/2020 at 19:42, colinmaroon said:

My thoughts are with you and your wife.

My daughter, a mad Jambo, has MS, the progressive type sadly.  However, it didn't stop her nearly bursting my eardrum after the game.

Thanks Colin, sorry to hear about your daughter. My wife has relapse remitting MS and was only diagnosed back in May so it’s been a huge thing for us all to get our head around. 

Good on your daughter for enjoying the football on Sunday 👍🏻

Coburg Hearts
On 26/01/2020 at 16:55, whodanny said:

Guys I've been ill all day with a really horrible sickness bug, I feel as weak as a kitten but I just had to come on here to share the joy with my fellow Jambos. Yaaaaaaaasssssssssss !!!!!!!!! Come On The Hearts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Hope you're feeling much better now, Danny.

Coburg Hearts
On 26/01/2020 at 17:24, Gizmo said:

I don't think this is a managerial bounce and I'm happy about that. What Stendel has done is quickly weeded out players that don't suit him, significantly boosted the confidence and form of players he rates and brought in some gems.

Rather than a hibs "bounce" which they got briefly with Higginbottom or even less of with Jack Ross, this is a manager with a purpose, creating a team and squad from the correct building blocks. That should lead to longevity and form that reflects the players abilities and Stendel's coaching, formation and tactics - and less just a few wins from a new guy getting jaded players briefly interested in playing/saving their skins.

Couldn't agree more with this summary.

7 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Hope you're feeling much better now, Danny.

Thanks for that CH, yes I'm back to normal now. It was a pretty horrible 36 hours or so but the Jambos made it much more bearable. Scrambled eggs on toast on Monday morning and a coffee to celebrate the win got me back on my feet.

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Absolutely brilliant the way they go on. Their is so much anger  on that forum its mental. Nearly every post is swearing. Not sure if there is any moderator but thanks for sharing this.

On 27/01/2020 at 17:48, 25bhr said:

On a slightly different topic ,Sky Sports are believed to be delighted with th feedback from viewers in England. Our game was of course,live throughout the UK, and many who do not regularly watch Scottish football like what they saw. I've never seen a game in a more atmospheric stadium, was one comment. 

Exactly.  Yet the losers at Ibrox and the Dockside were grumbling about it being a rubbish game.  :rudi:

7 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Absolutely brilliant the way they go on. Their is so much anger  on that forum its mental. Nearly every post is swearing. Not sure if there is any moderator but thanks for sharing this.

My favourite comment on Naisy's goal was a simple "baldy *******"  😂 had me chuckling away.

34 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Exactly.  Yet the losers at Ibrox and the Dockside were grumbling about it being a rubbish game.  :rudi:

Those two have an agenda that's different to everyone else.

Coburg Hearts
11 hours ago, whodanny said:

Thanks for that CH, yes I'm back to normal now. It was a pretty horrible 36 hours or so but the Jambos made it much more bearable. Scrambled eggs on toast on Monday morning and a coffee to celebrate the win got me back on my feet.

Good to hear, Danny.