The Fear

Harry Potter

If we get Falkirk in the cup, whats memories from everyone.

Our centurian double decker getting stoned , about 1977.

That lot dont like us , mind my cars lights failed on the motorway 

back from there , was scary, thoughts folks.

Remember a few years back when they beat us 4-3 in the League Cup. Was during Jeffries second stint at the club.

We were 2-0 down and down to 10 men by half time. We looked dead and burried then Kyle scored a double and Suso scored to get it back to 3-2. Then Falkirk scored 2 late goals to make it 4-3.

Was a sore one. Remeber it was also on my birthday and I got done for speeding on the way home. Had better birthdays!

Edited by Lambo85

Came up to watch the year in the championship. 
We were unbeaten until me and my brother came up and lost to bloody Falkirk 3-2 at home. 
month uncles said I was banned from attending until we were promoted. 😂

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Different times the 70's, whole double decker "stoned" . 

avhudtheteeshirt
7 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

The Tamla Murphy at their best!!!!!

Always hated going to most grounds by bus in the 70's, as nearly every team had a group of Neds!!!!

Favourite game at Falkirk was the 5-1 win there in 1987/88. We were superb, especially in the first half. It was around the time Gary MacKay scored for Scotland in Bulgaria and he was excellent that day. The link up play between him, Robbo and JC was a joy to behold.

Favourite at Arbroath is easy. I've only been there once: promotion day in 1978.

A wee Scottish Cup hat tip to Hibs 1 Arbroath 2 in 1977, though. Tagged along with a mate and his dad to that one. At least one of us enjoyed it. 😈

Edited by martoon

8 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Always hated going to most grounds by bus in the 70's, as nearly every team had a group of Neds!!!!

Oh I see. The way I read it, the whole bus had been partaking in some mind altering substances and were quite mellow on arrival !!

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

I stay in Falkirk, and knew some of their lads back in the day, safe to say they'll be out n about if they manage to get past arbroath 😂

millerjames398
34 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

The tamla Murphy, thats a catchy name, who did they follow?

4 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Stop being so pessimistic. We will hammer either of them with ease.

no doubt i will be there boring auld fart at 60

6 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

The tamla Murphy, thats a catchy name, who did they follow?

dunno mate pretty catchy though

List of major events I can remember vividly where I was when they happened:

9/11

7/7

Diana 

Michael jackson dying 

Finding out hearts were 4 down to Falkirk at half time

2008 i think. Mid week away, our bus broke down before it even arrived so jumped on the train. Absolute nothing of a game, dead rubber bottom 6 match. Got beat, think it was 2-1, can't really mind the game was that pish, all i can mind is some bint behind me just screaming "com on boys" all game. . Got home about 2 in the morning and had my English exam in the morning. I didn't do well in it to say the least.

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, Lambo85 said:

Remember a few years back when they beat us 4-3 in the League Cup. Was during Jeffries second stint at the club.

We were 2-0 down and down to 10 men by half time. We looked dead and burried then Kyle scored a double and Suso scored to get it back to 3-2. Then Falkirk scored 2 late goals to make it 4-3.

Was a sore one. Remeber it was also on my birthday and I got done for speeding on the way home. Had better birthdays!

This for me also. The game had almost everything.

Unfortunately I have two bad memories of Brockville. A 6-0 pumping on my birthday involving a Crawford Baptie Hattrick and a 4-0 doing in the pouring rain in one of Craig Gordon's early games for us.

Always remember Brockville being a bit bad for crushing on the way out the ground too.

Happier memories at their new ground in the Championship season. 

Edited by Cwapsy

Always hated Falkirk. Was in the Main Stand at Brockville for the 6-0 reverse as a young lad with my grandad and the abuse we got was off the scale, considering we posed absolutely no threat to them whatsoever. 

4 minutes ago, WagonWheel said:

Always hated Falkirk. Was in the Main Stand at Brockville for the 6-0 reverse as a young lad with my grandad and the abuse we got was off the scale, considering we posed absolutely no threat to them whatsoever. 

was few good pubs wi the new 2 stands its guff, i dont hate them wagon, just a wee team now

Falkirk , not much difference between them and airdrie , fans are a shower of shit

Arbroath , means we’d need to endure that dick , Dick Campbell prattling on in the media ( who will be fawning all over him like he’s a genius and font of football knowledge) telling us not so funny quips

rock - Hearts - hard place

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

A jobby in the sea......gives me the shivers 

u need to get out mate , mind u pub for a hundred miles,

enjoy yer dump , dougstar

13 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Falkirk , not much difference between them and airdrie , fans are a shower of shit

Arbroath , means we’d need to endure that dick , Dick Campbell prattling on in the media ( who will be fawning all over him like he’s a genius and font of football knowledge) telling us not so funny quips

rock - Hearts - hard place

that dick lol we jambos just love a run in the cup 

willie wallace

The 4-1 victory in the first  game  against them at Tynecastle in the championship.

In the first half we played some great fast attacking football.i think we were 3 up at the break.

We had already beaten Rangers and Hibs and the way we played that day made me confident we could go the whole way.

2 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Unfortunately I have two bad memories of Brockville. A 6-0 pumping on my birthday involving a Crawford Baptie Hattrick and a 4-0 doing in the pouring rain in one of Craig Gordon's early games for us.

Always remember Brockville being a bit bad for crushing on the way out the ground too.

Happier memories at their new ground in the Championship season. 

Those wee stairs were a death trap. 

Ronald Villiers
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Falkirk treat every match like a derby and their fans seem to hate every other team.  They don't realise that nobody else really bothers about them, other than Dunfermline. They're just a pointless wee team.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

One that sticks out, for me, is Rousset's first game, lost 2-0, went bottom of the league.

Jefferies had not long taken over and was still clearing out the previous manager's shite signings and started playing all the youngsters.

Few months later Magic got the hat trick at Ibrox.

Reminds me a bit of Hearts, now.

1 minute ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Falkirk treat every match like a derby and their fans seem to hate every other team.  They don't realise that nobody else really bothers about them, other than Dunfermline. They're just a pointless wee team.

they are shit mate, 

9 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

One that sticks out, for me, is Rousset's first game, lost 2-0, went bottom of the league.

Jefferies had not long taken over and was still clearing out the previous manager's shite signings and started playing all the youngsters.

Few months later Magic got the hat trick at Ibrox.

Reminds me a bit of Hearts, now.

Did we not stay up on one of the last games of the season that year? Away to Partick. Header from Alan Mcmanus 

Салатные палочки
22 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Did we not stay up on one of the last games of the season that year? Away to Partick. Header from Alan Mcmanus 

That was before then.  Alan McLaren header.  Was a scorcher of a day.  We were already safe by then I think unless there was some mental results in the other games.  

Good Falkirk memory, apart from nicking their manager - 98 Cup Semi :jjyay:

highlandjambo3
55 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

u need to get out mate , mind u pub for a hundred miles,

enjoy yer dump , dougstar

Not my dump......was referring to another’s heading my way when swimming, the fear thing, get it?

Im actually 30meters from a pub..............not got that electricity thingummybob stuff yet though.

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not my dump......was referring to another’s heading my way when swimming, the fear thing, get it?

Im actually 30meters from a pub..............not got that electricity thingummybob stuff yet though.

ok mate take care

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Bad day at Brockville, Colin Samuel, pretty sure that was cup tie 

No idea why but i use to have a signed falkirk ball years ago. Think my dad won it a charity night and gave it to me. Latapy was the only name i knew on it. No idea where it is now.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
47 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Think we stayed up fairly comfortably. Made the 96 cup final, too.

as mentioned, Partick away was Alan McLaren's header, Sandy Clark was the manager.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

👍🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🇱🇻

3 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

When hearts fans loved each other after winning the champioship

was a different set of fans.

4 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Suso was amazing that game the wee man was fighting for everything 

Remember beating them 5 - 1at Brockville. 4 up after about 20 min. 

Then the game Robbo got sent off for putting his head near that wee **** Albert Kidd and he collapsed in a heap. 

Saw Robbo later that night in the Rutland and he said there was no contact and the wee ******** **** was getting it the next time at Tynie 😅😅

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

7 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Remember beating them 5 - 1at Brockville. 4 up after about 20 min. 

Then the game Robbo got sent off for putting his head near that wee **** Albert Kidd and he collapsed in a heap. 

Saw Robbo later that night in the Rutland and he said there was no contact and the wee ******** **** was getting it the next time at Tynie 😅😅

Was that after 86, think we went mental that day, albert kidd is a prick and hated by us some

dundee fans dont know him