Our Next CEO

Ainsley Harriott

Ainsley Harriott

Fair to say lots of us would like to see a football savvy CEO take over after Ann is bought out by the foundation. Who do we think we should target? I'm going to suggest Kirsten Callaghan after 8 years doing a solid job at Killie.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Footballfirst

• Taffin

• Boab

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit like trying to identify a new manager, since you’ve no idea who would be interested in the job, should it arise. 

Alan Burrows seems to have done some very good work with Motherwell, but I’m pretty sure he’s a Motherwell supporter. That might be his dream job tbf. 

Bazzas right boot

Are there any football savvy ceo's or owners. 

Looking, even in Scotland 

Aberdeen, no

Celtic no

Rangers no

Hibs no

In England, Liverpool, man City, arsenal, man Utd, no, no and nope. 

There will be some, I'm sure but money, leadership and common sense are far more important. 

This thing that our owner / ceo needs to be football savvy needs to go to the myth thread. 

Big Vlad..... Mercer, nope, nope. 

Hopefully Ann stays on, backs Stendel, gets a dof in place if that's our way and has learned from giving 1 person too much responsibility. 

Would prefer a football person. (Though Smith's right boot makes a good point).

Ann Budge was good option in the transition to financial health. But lost us 2/3 years progress with a poor football decision. Albeit she changed it to what could be a very good decision. 

Football people make poor decisions too. But I think the whole club could be transformed further. 

Edited by Mikey1874

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen, no

Celtic no

Rangers no

Hibs no

There will be some, I'm sure but money, leadership and common sense are far more important. 

This thing that our owner / ceo needs to be football savvy needs to go to the myth thread. 

Hopefully Ann stays on, backs Stendel, gets a dof in place if that's our way and has learned from giving 1 person too much responsibility. 

Ann Budge is too soft with contractors £12 million jumps to £22 million + , our pitch cost £ 1 million and it’s a mess, Cathro & Levein have cost us millions by signing duds many of them we couldn’t get rid of because of the length contracts, which Budge should never of allowed and she still has Levein working for Hearts which is astonishing after the damage he has done.

And you want her to stay on !

Edited by mitch41

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge is too soft with contractors £12 million jumps to £22 million +

Ann Budge got the stand built. 

Job done 👍

All I care about. 

It's magnificent and will serve us for decades. 

I have no technical expertise on building a stand, the costs involved or the contract negotiations, so I'll defer to your intimate knowledge and skill set on that matter. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

While making Daniel's cup of coffee too.....

And being medical chief and head groundsman. 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen, no

Celtic no

Rangers no

Hibs no

Agree with this

Hackney Hearts
25 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Fair to say lots of us would like to see a football savvy CEO take over 

No, would rather have a business savvy CEO.

What's the point in having a Sporting Director (and Team Manager)?

Great to have a Hearts supporting CEO - but better that they're not a 'meddler' in the playing side.

Alan Burrows has turned Motherwell around after the shitshow Dempster left them with. However , I am not fussed about a football savvy person. Thats what the Sporting Director should be doing

Edited by sadj

Fxxx the SPFL
12 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

No, would rather have a business savvy CEO.

What's the point in having a Sporting Director (and Team Manager)?

Great to have a Hearts supporting CEO - but better that they're not a 'meddler' in the playing side.

correct Ann is definitely business savvy and i personally would like her to stay on although having spoke with her at the Hogmanay night in the Skyline lounge i'm not too sure if she will.

Psychedelicropcircle

If CL is even serving pies from the kiosk at half time it’ll be season no2 without a ST for I🤬🤨😂

Graham Thomson
7 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

If CL is even serving pies from the kiosk at half time it’ll be season no2 without a ST for I🤬🤨😂

It will be your loss 🙁 good things are coming!!

5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Will the football savvy CEO also bring benefactors with them or will we just do without that cash?

Exactly. Anne has held her hands up in terms of the mistakes she has made. The overspend on the stand will be recovered in the ensuing years many times over. Fixed assets are the hub of every business and pivotal to generating revenue.Her main mistake was allowing Levein to place her in an invidious situation. 

It would surprise me if firstly Ann wasn’t already looking at who will replace her. 

I also think it will be someone she knows personally. Perhaps even someone from inside her business contacts.

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

Exactly. Anne has held her hands up in terms of the mistakes she has made. The overspend on the stand will be recovered in the ensuing years many times over. Fixed assets are the hub of every business and pivotal to generating revenue.Her main mistake was allowing Levein to place her in an invidious situation. 

We will be paying for both for years to come. There is a valid argument that the latter won’t be as damaging financially.

Would Budge even want to stay on, given some of the immature nonsense written about her by our own fans?  Killing our club etc, it's embarrassing.

Just now, Jambo83 said:

Would Budge even want to stay on, given some of the immature nonsense written about her by our own fans?  Killing our club etc, it's embarrassing.

I don’t think she’ll be basing her decision on a few rockets.

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

We will be paying for both for years to come. There is a valid argument that the latter won’t be as damaging financially.

As a previous poster alluded to I don,t think we can under-estimate the almost nine million donation from benefactors

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

As a previous poster alluded to I don,t think we can under-estimate the almost nine million donation from benefactors

Of course not. Mistakes have been made but, hopefully, leaving CL in charge 5 months too long will pale into insignificance if we survive this season. The stand will still have to be paid.

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Couldn’t give a flying **** unless he can score goals or stop them going in. 

Your modern CEO would surely be expected to do both.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Would prefer a football person. (Though Smith's right boot makes a good point).

Ann Budge was good option in the transition to financial health. But lost us 2/3 years progress with a poor football decision. Albeit she changed it to what could be a very good decision. 

Football people make poor decisions too. But I think the whole club could be transformed further. 

Gordon Smith 99% of people would say is a football man. I doubt more than 9% say he did a good job as head honcho at the SFA.

I don't think it necessarily needs to be someone from football/sport. Would quite happily look at credible candidates from other commercial areas. 

Ultimately we aren't going to find someone who is going to be hands-on in every aspect of the role. Ideally we need to look at someone who is going to provide sound leadership and bring in the right people in senior leadership roles to deliver their strategy for the club.

The primary area where Ann has failed has been the football on the park. She gave far too much time to the wrong person/group of people and failed to hold them accountable. I think any competent CEO would have known it was essential to get rid of Levein based on results and performances long before she did, regardless of whether they are a "football person" or not.

With the stand and the costs coming in far above what was initially quoted I don't think Ann would be someone who would be involved in a hands-on capacity for a large-scale infrastructure project. However, she should have had someone in place to be accountable for the build and the budget of the project (perhaps she did, but questions need to be asked about that persons performance). 

Assuming we can stay up this season I think it will be an attractive proposition to a lot of good people. It's a huge appointment for us and it is absolutely vital we get it right. 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Fair to say lots of us would like to see a football savvy CEO take over after Ann is bought out by the foundation. Who do we think we should target? I'm going to suggest Kirsten Callaghan after 8 years doing a solid job at Killie.

CPR's doing nothing.....!

We've missed a good one in Trevor Birch who became CE at Swansea in March 2019. His background would have made him eminently suited and he knew our club well due to being joint administrator alongside Bryan Jackson back in 2013.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Birch

Talking of Bryan Jackson ? He may not have the football background of Birch but strikes me as someone who could still do an excellent job for us?

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/140091-bryan-jackson-bdo-a-huge-thank-you/

30 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I've seen the bit in bold written a few times, but never had an answer to the following questions.

When will the project:

A) break even?

B ) start making a profit?

C) how will it generate £30/40 million pounds of additional profit?

scott herbertson

Will be very difficult to get anyone better than Ann Budge

I'd ask her to stay o another year while someone else is identified and eased into the role.

Would prefer a person with financial savvy - Bryan Jackson comes to mind but I am not sure he has the right skill set or experience, albeit he certainly knows the business.

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I've seen the bit in bold written a few times, but never had an answer to the following questions.

When will the project:

A) break even?

B ) start making a profit?

C) how will it generate £30/40 million pounds of additional profit?

It is already making a profit, our substantial increase in turnover show's that.

It will generate those numbers over time.

Pasquale for King

She has to get the Sporting Director in the door, she picked a great manager so we now need someone NEW to work alongside him. As it’s been said if they get the right person the CEO looks after the business side and trusts the football experts. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Ann Budge is too soft with contractors £12 million jumps to £22 million + , our pitch cost £ 1 million and it’s a mess, Cathro & Levein have cost us millions by signing duds many of them we couldn’t get rid of because of the length contracts, which Budge should never of allowed and she still has Levein working for Hearts which is astonishing after the damage he has done.

And you want her to stay on !

Remember that once FoH takes over as majority shareholder, Ann Budge's relationship with the club will be different to what it is now.

So those things that you mention were done by her, in the best interests of the club I presume, but it was the club SHE owned, so no real accountability/checks or balance.

scott herbertson
Just now, Boris said:

Remember that once FoH takes over as majority shareholder, Ann Budge's relationship with the club will be different to what it is now.

So those things that you mention were done by her, in the best interests of the club I presume, but it was the club SHE owned, so no real accountability/checks or balance.

Indeed, though you could argue there was risk, if not an accountability in that she had her investment in the club plus the value of her retained shareholding to protect.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

Indeed, though you could argue there was risk, if not an accountability in that she had her investment in the club plus the value of her retained shareholding to protect.

True, but I was meaning more from a boardroom perspective. Ultimately the buck stops/stopped with her.

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Donald Trump.

He'd make us great again. 

Get hibs to pay for our stand as well. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aberdeen, no

Celtic no

Rangers no

Hibs no

Nearly every single post you get it spot on. 👍