Avdijaj signs 6 month deal

h-e-a-r-t-s

58 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Not writing him off yet,  but on a 6 month deal he needed to hit the ground running and so far he's done nothing

looks like being another player that comes through this club, does nothing then will be moved on 

No 3 year deal then. Excellent. 

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Greedy Jambo

• gashauskis9

8 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If we are relegated by a point. Will that slip be considered pivotal? Or from my view fell flat on his coupon at the worst possible time. I blame modern boots. To be fair it was not a good debut 

We aren't getting relegated 

Just now, Armageddon said:

The Hobos beat BSC Glasgow and this place reeks again 😆

It’s always particularly bad when our games are televised too. I’ll leave others to decide why that might be.

3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It’s always particularly bad when our games are televised too. I’ll leave others to decide why that might be.

:Agree:

11 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

FFS looks like you get half an hour now before you're written off. I'd actually like to see him play a bit before I decide he's a duffer

You can just tell he is though 

best we move on 

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Slipped for one of them to be fair. 

I'm not sure about him either though to be honest, same with Langer. 

We needed 4 players in that could make an immediate impact and i'm not sure either of them will. 

They’ve both looked rubbish imo. Added nothing. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

They’ve both looked rubbish imo. Added nothing. 

I just don't notice Langer much. Don't get me wrong I saw him making a few ok passes but just sort of disappears into the background. I just have nothing to say about him (which is unusual after watching him twice).

jack D and coke
Just now, GinRummy said:

I just don't notice Langer much. Don't get me wrong I saw him making a few ok passes but just sort of disappears into the background. I just have nothing to say about him (which is unusual after watching him twice).

I’ve almost forgot he was playing tbh. Both times. Avidijaj has looked woeful. That free kick at St Johnstone...

:cornette:

What caliber of player were we going to sign bottom of the league. The players will improve in time. Will be shipped out if they don't at end of season. Only thing that matters is we don't get relegated.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Never thought of this before but you are spot on. Folk writing players off after 2 games..........Fuller, Hartley,Elvis to name but a few....

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve almost forgot he was playing tbh. Both times. Avidijaj has looked woeful. That free kick at St Johnstone...

The free kick was a shocker. Wasn't at that game so haven't really seen much of him. I'd imagine, given how highly rated he was, that he has sonething to offer. I guess it just depends if we can get him to show it in such a short period of time.

jack D and coke
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The free kick was a shocker. Wasn't at that game so haven't really seen much of him. I'd imagine, given how highly rated he was, that he has sonething to offer. I guess it just depends if we can get him to show it in such a short period of time.

I was at the game and he had a wee chance earlier too where he took a slightly heavy touch from Uche. 
My main gripe was he talked himself right up and his first game fell on his arse with the goal gaping. I’m not writing him off that’s ridiculous but he looks way off where he needs to be in terms of sharpness. Looks like a guy who hasn’t really been training properly or playing much. 

Edited by jack D and coke

27 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

You can just tell he is though 

best we move on 

When I think of the players we'd have binned because they didn't initially impress we'd be short some absolute legends. Paul Hartley for one. Have a f'n word

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

When I think of the players we'd have binned because they didn't initially impress we'd be short some absolute legends. Paul Hartley for one. Have a f'n word

Who else?

11 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

FFS looks like you get half an hour now before you're written off. I'd actually like to see him play a bit before I decide he's a duffer

Did you see him at STJ.... similar strength to Meshino.  

7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I was at the game and he had a wee chance earlier too where he took a slightly heavy touch from Uche. 
My main gripe was he talked himself right up and his first game fell on his arse with the goal gaping. I’m not writing him off that’s ridiculous but he looks way off where he needs to be in terms of sharpness. Looks like a guy who hasn’t really been training properly or playing much. 

Well if he hasn't been training or playing much it could be a wee while before he shows any form considering he's picked up an injury as well.

9 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Did you see him at STJ.... similar strength to Meshino.  

Nope wasn't there but how many minutes has he actually played, in a new team, different country to be written off? 

Recent history tells us we sign our fair share of duffers but Stendel obviously sees something in him so lets give him a wee bit time

August Landmesser
16 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Hoping nobody gets an infraction for taking the bait. 😟

I've certainly learned my lesson. :facepalm:

21 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

It’s always the players who arrive with a semblance of pedigree that get written off after no time what so ever.

Probably because the players think they are better than they actually are and some fans believe the hype 

4 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Probably because the players think they are better than they actually are and some fans believe the hype 

Or sometimes it takes them more than 80 mins of football to make an impression.

Problem is we need players to hit the ground running in our situation. Avdijaj hasn't been given enough game-time to judge. However with such a short contract his contribution may well not be enough. He's played with some decent clubs but had quite a few for a young player. If fit, i'd be starting him against Hamilton on Saturday and give him a full game. Can't judge him yet but, it is a little concerning.

15 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

A definite pattern has emerged with regard to new signings.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Not writing him off yet,  but on a 6 month deal he needed to hit the ground running and so far he's done nothing

looks like being another player that comes through this club, does nothing then will be moved on 

Could be key in the last 5 fixtures. You just never know.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, londonjambo said:

:lol: they can all look rubbish at times defo. 
Avidijaj just looks really off it atm. 
Hooefully he can get up to speed and give us something. 

1 minute ago, Jenks said:

Yes , when I fell for my wife 🤮🤮😂😂

Just as well for you it's almost Valentine's. That's a free heads up to everyone too, just saying!

Given how many wrote off Clare and now he is arguably our best player so far this year, I'll reserve judgment until he's had more of a chance to settle in. 

Edited by Heres Rixxy

7 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Nope wasn't there but how many minutes has he actually played, in a new team, different country to be written off? 

Recent history tells us we sign our fair share of duffers but Stendel obviously sees something in him so lets give him a wee bit time

He looked very weak and that’s a big worry. He was pushed off the ball a lot. Not sure he can handle the physical side of our game.

Captain Canada

If he hadn't slipped against County and had scored the winner, everyone would be raving about him. 

I'm sure he's got something to offer and hopefully we'll see it tonight or on Saturday. "Storm Donis" would be a good headline! 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

He was trying to gee up the players after the goals when warming up

From what I've seen of him he's a nice guy and I hope he does well here