Moore, Henderson & Irving

boag1874

It was 6 years to the day yesterday that we saw the emergence of 3 young talents in David Smith, Dale Carrick & Sam Nicholson help a Hearts team that was missing several key players to come back from 3-1 down against St Johnstone. It didn't work out for all of them in the end (mainly due to injuries) but their efforts in the 2nd half of that season really made a difference to a struggling hearts team (and btw brought 2 of the sweetest derby wins I can remember).

Fast forward to the present day and we see another 3 young guys all thrown into the team due to under performing senior players and all 3 manage to hit the ground running again. It's early days and I know we as fans get carried away when a good player comes through the academy but these boys look absolutely up for the fight and are an absolute pleasure to watch atm. Really hope they can all kick on cause how good would it be to have these positions covered by some of our own.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Definitely get the sentiment and they can help as part of the squad. 

Did well yesterday,  but it was a League 1 team and the pressure of a relegation battle is very different. 

We need our experience but hopefully these guys can kick on and be part of the future 

Irving is the real deal.

Henderson I think could be a useful squad player.

Moore...still not convinced.

I think Henderson and Moore will do a job for Stendel temporarily but they are not a long term solution imo.

You can see Irving look around him to see where everyone is while waiting in the pass.  Seems to always have head up and looking for the pass. henderson, Moore and Claire were top drawer yesterday for me. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Definitely get the sentiment and they can help as part of the squad. 

Did well yesterday,  but it was a League 1 team and the pressure of a relegation battle is very different. 

We need our experience but hopefully these guys can kick on and be part of the future 

Yip. 

Irving looks suited to SPL football imo and I've always liked Moore and MacDonald. 

Not forgetting Hickey and Brandon as well. 

For me the jury is out put on Cochrane, hopefully he can kick on as well tho. 

Guy has talent. 

Most are very young as well. 

👍

AllyjamboDerbyshire

For me, one of the best takeaways from yesterday's game was the fact we scored two goals from inside the six yard box in open play, and Henderson was creator or finisher for both. His part in Naismith's goal seemed to give him confidence, and that looked to have encouraged him to get into a position that few of our players have been prepared to get into in recent times. That is a position where to miss would make him look bad.

A_A wehatethehibs

One thing all 3 of them are full to the brim with: desire to play for this football club and do the shirt proud, and run themselves into the ground. That is an essential ingredient to have in a squad, and it’s something Wighton and Mulraney never ever showed. 

They did well yesterday, but can they do it on a cold Wednesday night in Dingwall? 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 hour ago, saxondale said:

Irving is the real deal.

I think Henderson and Moore will do a job for Stendel temporarily but they are not a long term solution imo.

They’ll not feel pressure, Stendel won’t allow it, he knows how to handle young players, and get the best out of them, until you can’t afford them anymore, then he’ll just repeat the process. 

2 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

They like us must be buzzin CL is gone👌

Or, it could be because Stendel has come.

The obsession with looking back to disaster of the last year etc., is like the Brexit Syndrome.  Perhaps we should ring the church bells when CL finally leaves?

Psychedelicropcircle
9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Or, it could be because Stendel has come.

The obsession with looking back to disaster of the last year etc., is like the Brexit Syndrome.  Perhaps we should ring the church bells when CL finally leaves?

Or I might be talking about a team playing it along the surface rather that the third of the pitch they play in watching the Berra blooter shelled over them. 

Sorry you still miss craig♥️

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Irving a fair bit ahead of the other two for me. Moore then Henderson also. However Henderson is younger. 

The way I see it. 

These 3 lads showed yesterday that they have a great future with Hearts. Young Irving also showed it against Aberdeen. What ever Daniel Stendel is doing with these lads during the week at training is working. These lads could of been lost and even ruined under Levein and his Boot Room lackies  and now all the youngsters will have a chance to show what they can do with the help of a footballing coaching system that is fit for purpose.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

For me, one of the best takeaways from yesterday's game was the fact we scored two goals from inside the six yard box in open play, and Henderson was creator or finisher for both. His part in Naismith's goal seemed to give him confidence, and that looked to have encouraged him to get into a position that few of our players have been prepared to get into in recent times. That is a position where to miss would make him look bad.

What I was impressed about with Henderson’s goal was that Naisy played the ball into space that Henderson has to attack aggressively to get the ball and do so ahead of the defender.

It wasn’t goal of the season by any means but it took a footballing brain and effort on his part to make it happen rather than it landing at his feet and just hitting it.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Or I might be talking about a team playing it along the surface rather that the third of the pitch they play in watching the Berra blooter shelled over them. 

Sorry you still miss craig♥️

Levein gave all 3 their debuts and a fair few chances and deserves some credit. Although I wish he'd given Irving more chances after he started very well. 

The big difference from their earlier games is the young guys had Naismith and Washington in front and alongside them and our most solid-looking defensive set-up in at least a year behind them. Souttar's composure on the ball and ability to step out of defence with it has been a huge miss.

The football was definitely much better under Stendel though. Virtually no aimless balls up top or into the box from wide, although a couple of times we overplayed it at the back and nearly got caught out.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What I was impressed about with Henderson’s goal was that Naisy played the ball into space that Henderson has to attack aggressively to get the ball and do so ahead of the defender.

It wasn’t goal of the season by any means but it took a footballing brain and effort on his part to make it happen rather than it landing at his feet and just hitting it.

There appeared to me to be a keenness about Henderson after he set up Naismith, and what a lovely wee run it was into the box to set Naismith up, that wasn't apparent before. And you are right, the ball Naismith played meant that as long as Henderson made the (couple of) yards, he had to score, rather than putting it straight at him where it might have got tangled in his feet/given him too much time to think about what he did with it.

Henderson with confidence could grow into a useful striker for us 

when he came on against Hibs, he was like a rabbit in the headlights and a bit in awe 

Good luck to them all

Diadora Van Basten

Irving in the last couple of games has been bossing them and looks ready for the first team.

Henderson is linking midfield and attack and is doing a good job of it. He just needs to take it one game at a time and get as many games under his belt as he can. 

Moore is slightly older and looks physically ready for first team football. Yesterday was the best I have seen him play and I know he scores a lot of goals for the reserves. Will be tough to decide whether to start him or Meshino who has also done well on Wednesday.

Wee Henderson can only come on in leaps and bounds playing alongside Naismith. Perfect mentor for the lad and while a pain in the erse being harangued all game, he can only benefit from SN’s experience playing together 

6 hours ago, saxondale said:

Irving is the real deal.

They might well keep getting better and progress under him though

Irving is our main midfielder now.  Every move goes through him.  As mentioned above, I think he’s the real deal.  He reminds me a lot of Matic in the way that he makes everything look so simple and a shift of the shoulders can open the game up completely.  Bit of the Gareth Barry’s about him as well.

Statistically, a bit like Naismith, I’m sure our results have been better when he’s been on the pitch this season.  

I think once we’ve made a couple of signings, Henderson and Moore may not necessarily be first picks, but we need to make sure we don’t kill their momentum at the same time.  

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

These 3 lads showed yesterday that they have a great future with Hearts. Young Irving also showed it against Aberdeen. What ever Daniel Stendel is doing with these lads during the week at training is working. These lads could of been lost and even ruined under Levein and his Boot Room lackies  and now all the youngsters will have a chance to show what they can do with the help of a footballing coaching system that is fit for purpose.

I think it could be as simple as treating them with respect giving them encouragement and making sure they know they are as important as the old heads in the team.

i watched a training session few months ago and CL’s input over the hour or do was to go tonto at a few young players who weren’t getting the drills right

Irving looks like a player, but we need to make sure that he’s not over used and ruined. Henderson looks like he could also do something in the game, his attitude and work rate seem to be spot on. I’ve never been convinced any time I’ve seen Moore, so it was good to hear that he played well against Airdrie. It may be the start of him coming good and he’s just developed a little later than others. Over all, it’s encouraging to see the young players coming good. 

I could never quite understand why Irving kept getting dropped when he was easily our best performing midfielder at the start of the year. 

As a few have said, he is now the main CM and hopefully we can find him a partner between now and the end of the year. He's busy, strong, decent pace and his range of passing is class. 

That pass where he split the defence and put Garuccio in one on one was beautiful.

7 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Should have been there yesterday. 

1 game doesn’t mean he’s going to make it. Superb if he does but can’t see it. 

Very encouraged.  Will start getting carried away when they are dominating sides like Motherwell and thrilled when they are taking the o f apart.

On 19/01/2020 at 11:08, boag1874 said:

It was 6 years to the day yesterday that we saw the emergence of 3 young talents in David Smith, Dale Carrick & Sam Nicholson help a Hearts team that was missing several key players to come back from 3-1 down against St Johnstone. It didn't work out for all of them in the end (mainly due to injuries) but their efforts in the 2nd half of that season really made a difference to a struggling hearts team (and btw brought 2 of the sweetest derby wins I can remember).

Fast forward to the present day and we see another 3 young guys all thrown into the team due to under performing senior players and all 3 manage to hit the ground running again. It's early days and I know we as fans get carried away when a good player comes through the academy but these boys look absolutely up for the fight and are an absolute pleasure to watch atm. Really hope they can all kick on cause how good would it be to have these positions covered by some of our own.

Thought Moore was rank to be honest , Irving is class and Henderson played ok 

Pound for pound as good as any player on the other side today.  Couldn’t have asked for more. Irving was like a man possessed in the 2nd half.

Not too keen on Moore based on what I've saw so far. Attacks seem to break down when he gets the ball and we looked a much better team when he went off. Playing them is a really tough game though, and he's still quite young. I'd like to see him bulk up a bit because it looked like his strength really let him down at points. 

Henderson looks like a nifty wee player, again though his physicality needs to be improved.

Irving looks the real deal and I'm buzzing seeing him kick on. 

Henderson was outstanding today. The most fouled Hearts player. Forced Rangers to change how they played at the back and caused them all sorts of problems. They certainly were bothered by him. 

Irving is already the real deal. 

The Mercer Takeover

Henderson and Moore were pretty awful today and the euphoria of a magnificent win will not change that. It was only the absolute brilliance from the other nine that pulled them through.

They are just not ready yet and may never be. Both far too lightweight and Henderson bottled a 50:50 today, which I have no time for.

Irvine was different class and is maturing into an excellent player.

If someone like Malinkovic was playing again, someone with ability and strength, we really would take some beating.

Irvine just made thing tick in the middle at times. No stand out football but just quietly went about making sure his contributions were on the money. 
Henderson surprises me I never thought he was any good to hold down a first team place but he’s a wee work horse. I sincerely hope he kicks on and becomes a regular first team player. 
Moore is a typical winger has his good games has his not so good games.

I really like Irving and feel he’s possibly our best central midfielder just now.

Henderson has improved greatly in his last few appearances.

was happy to see Moore comeback from loan, but didn’t think he played well today and is maybe a bit behind the other two in his development. 

Diadora Van Basten

Toby is a perfect partner for Irving a strong ball winner to allow Irving to play silky football.

Thought Moore and Henderson did a lot of good work off the ball to stop Rangers playing.

Samuel Camazzola

Irving looks a level above the other two. 

Can't fault Moore for endeavour but seems to lack a bit of belief. Needs to tighten his touch and gets knocked off the ball a bit to easily. 

Henderson looks raw but will hopefully develop and learn from the experience around about him. 

Irving made the Rangers midfield look pretty ordinary today and that is no mean feat.  He is developing into a very accomplished player.

Moore and Henderson never really influenced the game with the ball, it was their work off the ball that was most impressive.  Rangers changed their defensive shape to counter Henderson as his movement was causing them real concern.

The senior players will hog the headlines but you can guarantee, they will be appreciative of the contribution of these three after their performances today.

24 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Henderson and Moore were pretty awful today and the euphoria of a magnificent win will not change that. It was only the absolute brilliance from the other nine that pulled them through.

They are just not ready yet and may never be. Both far too lightweight and Henderson bottled a 50:50 today, which I have no time for.

Irvine was different class and is maturing into an excellent player.

If someone like Malinkovic was playing again, someone with ability and strength, we really would take some beating.

Steven Naismith would disagree with you. In his interview he picked them both out for credit for their contribution and the amount of space they created for himself and Boyce