Jack Hamilton

baxterd1974

been here before

Always thought he was thrown in way too young by Levein and had to grow making his mistakes in the first team which has broken his confidence. 

Seems a decent enough laddie but juat doesnt seem to have what it takes to make it at decent level.

Never knew Ross Callachan was up there on loan. 

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Always thought he was thrown in way too young by Levein and had to grow making his mistakes in the first team which has broken his confidence. 

Seems a decent enough laddie but juat doesnt seem to have what it takes to make it at decent level.

Hamilton and Callachan!!   McPake is worse at player recruitment than Levein.

Bungalow Bill
12 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Shame for him, a good shot stopper but he's always capable of that sort of error. That was a bad one. 

the ‘good shot stopper’ is an absolute myth. Never once did he save us points. 

I can't believe Levien started him as the number one one keeper that season after he had been trying to flog him in the summer..

Horrendous keeper. I felt sorry for the lad.

7 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

the ‘good shot stopper’ is an absolute myth. Never once did he save us points. 

Keepers are only ever described as ‘good shot stoppers’ if they are a bit crap. I suppose the assumption is that this should be the minimum expectation?

The good shot stopper label always confuses me as well although it can be applied to Hamilton as he is prone to some outrageous reflex saves. However, far too inconsistent and error prone. Seeing him on TV tonight he looked quite lean, in decent shape clearly but he should have saved that shot!

30 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Hamilton and Callachan!!   McPake is worse at player recruitment than Levein.

Thought Callachan did okay for us. Scored a few goals in those shitty games away to Hamilton. Those are the types of games you need goals. He's got a better goals to games ration than some of our strikers this season.

He wasn't a world beater but I felt like he could have had a career in the top flight (albeit for a smaller team than ourselves). Jambo too. 

letsalldothebeattie

Nice guy terrible goalkeeper. Can see him being a decent keeper down in League 2 or Lowland in a year or two though. Not cut out for a top level career 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It wasn’t his fault that he ended up in goal for us. It was a crass attempt by the club to deflect from the fact that we didn’t have a suitable keeper.

Flapjack is never a keeper at any level, Makes Doyle look like Buffon...

Should never have been anywhere near the sticks @ Tynie but was hung out to dry..

The Wrinkly Ninja
49 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

It wasn’t his fault that he ended up in goal for us. It was a crass attempt by the club to deflect from the fact that we didn’t have a suitable keeper.

Sorry

The club tried to deflect from the fact that they didn’t have a suitable keeper by playing a keeper who wasn’t suitable?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
24 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Sorry

The club tried to deflect from the fact that they didn’t have a suitable keeper by playing a keeper who wasn’t suitable?

By pretending he was suitable when he clearly wasn’t 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

To be fair, he did yesterday - straight into his own net. :rofl:

I know, staggering he ever got near a full Scotland squad😂

Dave McCreery's knee

Seem to remember he started well for us until a rangers game when he made a couple of bad mistakes behind a shocking defence. 
As others have said, he’s a really nice bloke and must be going through some a tough time professionally. Wish him well. 

Was a decent prospect when we signed him from Ross County was he not. Didn't come to fruition but that is also the case for dozens of players who never make it into the first XI at all

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Was a decent prospect when we signed him from Ross County was he not. Didn't come to fruition but that is also the case for dozens of players who never make it into the first XI at all

He signed for Hearts as a kid and came through the youth setup

17 hours ago, been here before said:

Craig Gordon was to young too then.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Craig Gordon was to young too then.

Yup. 

Everyones different though, I think Hamilton sadly isn't a very good keeper, Suspect he'll be lucky to level out at a club like Raith Rovers. 

You might remember that Neilson wanted to make Hamilton Hearts No. 1 and that’s why Alexander who didn’t rate Hamilton left. A lot of stories were going around regarding Alexander falling out with Neilson but the bottom line was Alexander wanted to stay and play for Hearts.

5 hours ago, RS86 said:

He signed for Hearts as a kid and came through the youth setup

Who was the kid keeper we got from Ross County then?

5 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Who was the kid keeper we got from Ross County then?

Mark Ridgers, Hamilton along with his brother Colin came from Stenhousemuir

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You might remember that Neilson wanted to make Hamilton Hearts No. 1 and that’s why Alexander who didn’t rate Hamilton left. A lot of stories were going around regarding Alexander falling out with Neilson but the bottom line was Alexander wanted to stay and play for Hearts.

Thought we put our eggs in one basket and went for Gilks but it fell through and Hamilton ultimately got named number 1

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anything above his head and getting off his line,  2 huge weaknesses. 

Genuinely one of the best keepers I've seen in a warm up,  he has ability,  more in his mind I think 

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Alexander was in the Dundee United dugout this afternoon - presumably their GK coach under Robbie so if they fell out,  they've made up.

On 18/01/2020 at 21:16, dsk1210 said:

I can't believe Levien started him as the number one one keeper that season after he had been trying to flog him in the summer..

Horrendous keeper. I felt sorry for the lad.

It all went tits up when Levein bumped Alexander then the keeper he had lined up bumped him for Rangers - then Robbie came out with the statement that Hamilton “was always going to be No1” 😏

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It all went tits up when Levein bumped Alexander then the keeper he had lined up bumped him for Rangers - then Robbie came out with the statement that Hamilton “was always going to be No1” 😏

I forgot Robbie was in charge at the time.

Still a terrible decision whoever allowed it to transpire.

I believe Hamilton is the worst keeper I have ever seen at Hearts, run of the mill shots went through his hands, I can't understand folk saying " he's a good shot stopper"  he was not, he was tall, that's it.

On 18/01/2020 at 20:59, Mikey1874 said:

Dundee struggling. I thought they would have put up a fight in the league. 

As soon as they appointed James McPake they were never going up.

The Apprentice
6 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I believe Hamilton is the worst keeper I have ever seen at Hearts, run of the mill shots went through his hands, I can't understand folk saying " he's a good shot stopper"  he was not, he was tall, that's it.

I wouldn't say he's particularly tall in all honesty, especially for a goalkeeper.

Nowhere near good enough for us but did send Kenny Miller for the pies if I remember correctly after taking a horrendous first touch.