Smith and Hickey

keithyboy1975

Poor Uche 😂

Clare took a knock too, hoping they all ok for Wed. Hickey im least confident on. Just going off the way it looked, straight down the tunnel.

17 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Poor Uche 😂

Clare took a knock too, hoping they all ok for Wed. Hickey im least confident on. Just going off the way it looked, straight down the tunnel.

Smith went down the tunnel too

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Smith went down the tunnel too

Hadnt seen that 👍 Talking, missed Halkett's goal the same way 😂

2 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Hadnt seen that 👍 Talking, missed Halkett's goal the same way 😂

I was sitting right in line

Smith went to go to the bench but was told to go 

Smith and Hickey were both sitting behind the dugout for most of the second half. When Haring asked what he'd injured, Smith pointed to his groin.

With Clare suspended and Smith potentially injured, I guess Brandon may get a game on Wednesday. Wouldn't be surprised to see Garuccio start ahead of Hickey too.

Hickey feet his hamstring after charging into box but played on before eventually going down. 

Smith did his groin and it looked as though he did when he took the shot from the edge of the box

Edited by bazman

10 minutes ago, bazman said:

Hickey feet his hamstring after charging into box but played on before eventually going down. 

Smith did his groin and it looked as though he did when he took the shot from the edge of the box

You wonder at the sense in taking pot shots when you know you don't really have the technique for it and are not long back from injury. You don't want people playing within themselves but they can play knowing what they are currently capable of. 

14 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Smith and Hickey were both sitting behind the dugout for most of the second half. When Haring asked what he'd injured, Smith pointed to his groin.

With Clare suspended and Smith potentially injured, I guess Brandon may get a game on Wednesday. Wouldn't be surprised to see Garuccio start ahead of Hickey too.

I'd point at my groin if Haring spoke to me too. Or maybe my groin would point at him. Either way, it'd be pointy and involve my groin.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

You wonder at the sense in taking pot shots when you know you don't really have the technique for it and are not long back from injury. You don't want people playing within themselves but they can play knowing what they are currently capable of. 

Erm have you seen the two screamers Smith has scored this season? One for us, one for NI. One with each foot.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Smith has scored a couple of belters. 

Surley you aren't suggesting players don't shoot in case they injure themselves? 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Erm have you seen the two screamers Smith has scored this season? One for us, one for NI. One with each foot.

we seem to pick up injuries 5 a side players at Sighthill Pitz pick up when they over exert themselves after a poor warm up. Hamstrings, groins, calves, you name it. Just unlucky, maybe.

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Guff.

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

we seem to pick up injuries 5 a side players at Sighthill Pitz pick up when they over exert themselves after a poor warm up. Hamstrings, groins, calves, you name it. Just unlucky, maybe.

We do seem to get lots of muscles straining, way more than you'd expect.

Was just pointing out Smith's technique far from lacking. He's got a great shot on him.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Guff.

See above. One of the players gets tight in the warm up. What are the doing in the warm up to get an injury? I've seen it happen, obviously, but our record currently is unbelievable. Questioned on other threads. Have i brought up something new?

6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

We do seem to get lots of muscles straining, way more than you'd expect.

Was just pointing out Smith's technique far from lacking. He's got a great shot on him.

I'm not trying to run the guy down, he's a good competitor with a great attitude. Sometimes he gets it right when it all clicks but I'd doubt he would say his technique is not lacking on lots of occasions.

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, WDJ87 said:

Poor Uche 😂

Yeah was concerned when he went down on the touch line as it looked like it could have been a sore one, thankfully he managed to eventually run it off after hobbling about for a couple on mins. Smith is a solid player, sure both him and hickey will be alright for Wednesday, as others have said more than likely just playing it safe 

12 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I'm not trying to run the guy down, he's a good competitor with a great attitude. Sometimes he gets it right when it all clicks but I'd doubt he would say his technique is not lacking on lots of occasions.

I think he'd probably ignore you if you brought it up, to be honest.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

I think he'd probably ignore you if you brought it up, to be honest.

The belittling reply. Nice one. 

29 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

See above. One of the players gets tight in the warm up. What are the doing in the warm up to get an injury? I've seen it happen, obviously, but our record currently is unbelievable. Questioned on other threads. Have i brought up something new?

What are they doing in the warm-up? Warming-up. 

giphy.gif

stirlingshirejambo
45 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Have you not seen Smith score for us or his goal for Northern Ireland v Germany

Aye, okay, the warm up is for warming up. Very good. That's just been unfortunate. No chance he's struck a ball too early in the warm up and messed up . That couldn't happen at Hearts,

Mention that somebody might get injured through poor technique and it's just not something to bother about because their technique is apparently great because he got it right twice?

Two massive players for us and hope they are okay.

i actually thought we were better without MS in midfield. It’s not a good position for him in my opinion but it’s a difficult one when Clare is having a stormer at RB. 

Struggling at RB for Wednesday if Brandon isn’t fit.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

i actually thought we were better without MS in midfield. It’s not a good position for him in my opinion but it’s a difficult one when Clare is having a stormer at RB. 

I think it's not comparing like with like as once the second goal went in the game is so much easier for the whole team. My opinion is that Smith is still very important to our midfield at the moment so hoping he's a available asap.

5 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think it's not comparing like with like as once the second goal went in the game is so much easier for the whole team. My opinion is that Smith is still very important to our midfield at the moment so hoping he's a available asap.

True. Smith has been fantastic for us and I love the guy. Just think he’s miles better at RB. One of those you can trust to play anywhere though and get a performance.

12 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sometimes it’s a good idea to quit while you’re behind. 

Sorry, pal, I'm not convinced someone has great technique at something based on 2 successful efforts- as seems to be the defence above - .and stand by the fact players can get injured through poor technique and decision making. 

Where do you stand?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Sorry, pal, I'm not convinced someone has great technique at something based on 2 successful efforts- as seems to be the defence above - .and stand by the fact players can get injured through poor technique and decision making. 

Where do you stand?

:rofl:

17 minutes ago, Mort said:

I agree and I would actually switch them back. With Clare it seems to be a confidence thing so hoping now that he has some he would be just as good in midfield with Smith being much more suited to his RB role.

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Where do you stand?

You’re having a bit of a shocker here.

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

And is that par for the course with Smith's shots? Where did the shot go that resulted in a groin injury? Was he stretching a bit?

It's certainly not a one-off! His goals against Raith and Motherwell were brilliant, and if there was a list of current Hearts players who I'd trust with a pot shot from outside the box, Smith would be pretty high up. Obviously it's not going to come off all the time, but to question his shooting technique seems a bit much when there are a couple of dozen others who you could have a go at with much more justification.

42 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Right back problem for Wednesday also worry a bit for Soapy another game so quickly he will be well f**ked the morn.

That was a stroll in the park for the lad, he probaly has harder games in training . He will be bursting for his next game after such a long lay of 

Italian Lambretta
18 minutes ago, fila said:

That was a stroll in the park for the lad, he probaly has harder games in training . He will be bursting for his next game after such a long lay of 

Exactly this if i remember he played at Ross County on his debut when we beat them on a midweek game 2-0. He was immense and single handedly held the defence together that night. 

So first game back for a while. A clean slate, players coming back to fitness and a hope that we are putting injuries behind us. 

2 players go off injured and one can’t make it through the warm up.

Unbelievable. I don’t think we’ll get relegated but injuries might make it so. 

Edited by hearts00

10 hours ago, hearts00 said:

So first game back for a while. A clean slate, players coming back to fitness and a hope that we are putting injuries behind us. 

2 players go off injured and one can’t make it through the warm up.

Unbelievable. I don’t think we’ll get relegated but injuries might make it so. 

Who got injured in the warm up?

Jambof3tornado
14 hours ago, TheBigO said:

This. Unreal the shite spouted on here at times!!

13 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

The belittling reply. Nice one. 

No wonder, your talking absoloure nonsense 😂

Edited by AlimOzturk

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wednesday night more important than Rangers,  then St Johnstone 1st February. 

These are priorities for playing the key men 

StirlingJambo

When was the last game that a player didn’t go of injured!? Would be good to go a good stretch of games without any injury’s and to get some consistency playing the same team. If they’re playing well that is.

The players are unfit. Stendel will sort that but until these players are used to the high tempo trainings and games, we will always get muscle injuries. 

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The players are unfit. Stendel will sort that but until these players are used to the high tempo trainings and games, we will always get muscle injuries. 

Said this on injury thread but this 100% a few of them with niggles- neither Smith or Hickey will make Wed but should be in contention for weekend !!

Edited by steve123

Seymour M Hersh

I noticed there was an update in the evening hibby but I can't access it due to my ad-blocker any chance someone could cut and paste the article (even if it says little we don't know). Cheers.