Souttar

WDJ87

No one started one yet so allow me.... I thought he looked like he'd never been away and so glad he got 90 mins under his belt. 

He was class, no nonsense performance, like a new signing having him come in and is perfect for the way Stendel likes to play.  Will take time for him and Halkett to build an understanding though so patience required.

Brilliant that we've got some big guns returning. Just stay ****ing fit now!! 

We won't be in this mess for long if we can keep these guys fit and fireing the way Stendel is demanding we play.

All good.

Bridge of Djoum

I didn't get to see the game today but I'm hopeful the players we've had out injured are akin to new signings. Being coached properly and buying into DS's philosophy. Very encouraging.

He is our future captain and also We I’ll be the  Scotland captain he such a good player he will go a long way ....intelligent player . 

2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Brilliant that we've got some big guns returning. Just stay ****ing fit now!! 

We won't be in this mess for long if we can keep these guys fit and fireing the way Stendel is demanding we play.

All good.

Agree 100 %

Yep, he had a great game. I know it was ‘only’ Airdrie but lots of positives today. 
gutted we lost Hickey and Smith before half time... but it didn’t hamper us.

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yep, he had a great game. I know it was ‘only’ Airdrie but lots of positives today. 
gutted we lost Hickey and Smith before half time... but it didn’t hamper us.

i am hoping they were precautions for wed but hickey did go down twice 🤞

1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

i am hoping they were precautions for wed but hickey did go down twice 🤞

Only dull moment on a good day imo hopefully he will be  ok🤞

15 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I didn't get to see the game today but I'm hopeful the players we've had out injured are akin to new signings. Being coached properly and buying into DS's philosophy. Very encouraging.

You could really see the Stendel effect today. 

The players looked as though they enjoyed the game. I know it's only Airdrie but some of the passing moves were excellent. 

24 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

No one started one yet so allow me.... I thought he looked like he'd never been away and so glad he got 90 mins under his belt. 

That's exactly what I said to my mate after the game, would be a strong contender for MoM in my eyes. 

Bridge of Djoum
18 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

You could really see the Stendel effect today. 

The players looked as though they enjoyed the game. I know it's only Airdrie but some of the passing moves were excellent. 

Great to hear. 

Adds a extra threat with him driving into the opposition half and allows for others to make runs, been a huge miss and a welcome addition to the team.

tartofmidlothian

Didn't have over much to do but didn't put a foot wrong. Good to see he was up for it, that's the main thing, and he got to wear the armband for twenty minutes.

Could have scored too. He's no striker though. :rolleyes:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Could improve under Stendel. 

Should do, he's 22 or something. 

Defenders don’t peak until later on. 

He should improve under whoever he plays for. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This boy is a Rolls Royce of a football player when clear of injury.

Yip, stand out. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Should do, he's 22 or something. 

Defenders don’t peak until later on. 

He should improve under whoever he plays for. 

Of course but different aspects of his game on the ball and being able to go forward more often, not just defensively, look at the improvement in Sean Clare for example. 

3 minutes ago, One five said:

So will our position in the league Mate without a doubt!!!!!!!

👍

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Of course but different aspects of his game on the ball and being able to go forward more often, not just defensively, look at the improvement in Sean Clare for example. 

👍

Sean Clare has Impressed at rb, but tbh he was starting at a pretty low base. 

Hopefully that position suits him, his technical ability is not in question. 

Felt sorry for him tbh, he'd have been used far more sparingly to date if it wasn't for injuries and had time to adapt and get confident. 

He was thrown in the deep end and never handled it too well at the start. 

Souttar is starting at a higher base, I expect him to improve not matter what, I think Souttar is a good player. 

Hopefully Stendel and his coaches can help him. 

A start would be staying injury free, that's been souttars biggest issue. Imo, he'd already be gone if it wasn't for his injuries. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, One five said:

So will our position in the league Mate without a doubt!!!!!!!

Like yazz said... 

been here before

Thought he took a wee while to get up to speed whuch is unsurprising, then just strolled it.

Should really have had a goal in the first half.

Not going to be a popular opinion, but I thought he was poor today.  Didn’t hold the line and was caught for pace.  Also thought he was untidy on the ball and ran himself into danger a lot.

BUT...he hasn’t played a competitive game since August so it’s to be expected. Look forward to seeing him back at his best soon.

30 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not going to be a popular opinion, but I thought he was poor today.  Didn’t hold the line and was caught for pace.  Also thought he was untidy on the ball and ran himself into danger a lot.

BUT...he hasn’t played a competitive game since August so it’s to be expected. Look forward to seeing him back at his best soon.

Cmon mate he has not played for months and he walks in and plays as if he had missed a month ...., have you ever played at a descent level yourself!!! 

37 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Cmon mate he has not played for months and he walks in and plays as if he had missed a month ...., have you ever played at a descent level yourself!!! If so you must know how difficult it is to walk in at a level whereThere is no room for error !!!not easy !!!

Until he can go 12 months without a serious injury I think teams are always going to be a bit wary of coughing up for him. 

Hopefully everyone at Hearts recognises Souttars importance and secures him long term. We don't want to ever have to be forced into a panic sale on him because his contracts running out. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He was decent today, his composure on the ball is such a contrast from the panic any time the ball went within 10

yards of Berra. But there’s bigger challenges to come. All hopes rest with the Souttar-Halkett partnership rising to the challenge, the defence gives you the platform to win games, today was a good start

17 minutes ago, One five said:

Cmon mate he has not played for months and he walks in and plays as if he had missed a month ...., have you ever played at a descent level yourself!!! 

No, but I didn’t realise I had to have been a top flight footballer to have an opinion 🤓.

The jury is very much out re how his body will allow him or otherwise to play at a higher level and do himself justice...

Great he is back but we have been here before with Soapy a few times, ultimately time will tell but very unfortunate to date in his Hearts career re injuries hampering him from stringing games and market value together...

Hope he kicks on I must add however 🤞

15 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

No, but I didn’t realise I had to have been a top flight footballer to have an opinion 🤓.

Of course  My Friend we all have our views   but what I am sayings  He is a great player and great after the first game back upwards and onwards 👍

13 minutes ago, One five said:

Of course  My Friend we all have our views   but what I am sayings  He is a great player and great after the first game back upwards and onwards 👍

He’s a superb player.

10 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

First game of football since August and looked like he had been playing regularly since them. Love that guy.

Naisy good too👏👏👏in fact they all do e a job 2day,,,