Top Posters In This Topic

• LarrysRightFoot

• Bazzas right boot

• HMFC 86

• RustyRightPeg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fabienleclerq

Was disappointed by his lack of time in the first team, we seen a few glimpses of him then he seemed to disappear. Glad he done well today. 

He was superb today. Barely put a foot wrong.

I thought he would have got one of the MotM awards

He looked like going down a few times then beat his man. I wondered if he was doing intentionally or if he has balance issues 😂

19 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Think he had a cracking game . He is keen to get on the ball not shy either . Hope he gets a run in the starting 11 Irving too .

💯! Good players always look for the ball! He was excellent, we’ll chuffed for the lad... in fact, all our youngsters done really well. Hopefully we can kick on from here. 

His first touch when dealing with difficult  balls was excellent. 

Has pace and looks much stronger than before. 

Looking forward to seeing what other young players could flourish under Daniel. 

10 minutes ago, armstrong said:

He was superb today. Barely put a foot wrong.

I thought he would have got one of the MotM awards

Do did I, but it was great that there were several MoTM candidates for once.

I was wondering about the team. All the loan players back. 

Who would be rated. Need to wait for next teams in league to know but the skill level today was high.

Thank goodness there is a thread for this lad.

Was absolutely excellent in the first half in particular.

the young boys look to be thriving under Stendel style 

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

He looked like going down a few times then beat his man. I wondered if he was doing intentionally or if he has balance issues 😂

No balance issues, got halfed a few times and did well to stay up.

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

His first touch when dealing with difficult  balls was excellent. 

Has pace and looks much stronger than before. 

Looking forward to seeing what other young players could flourish under Daniel. 

totally agree with this. Held onto the ball a few times today when under severe pressure and moved it on well. 

BRAVEHEART1874

Him and Henderson played well. I thought Moore had a few games that he looked half decent in before, but understand if he was sent on loan 

August Landmesser
37 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Better than mulraney 

Is he better than Zeefuik though?

Great to hear. 

anyone know of Anthony McDonald is back playing yet. I’d love to see how he progresses under Stendel, has so much ability. 

Another example of just how poor a coach Levein was .

These young boys are starting to produce the goods because the new coach believes in them and plays in a way that releases their enthusiasm and desire to play attacking football.

How many of them would have been let go while Levein brought in has been's on big wages .. 

How good could Zanatta and Edwards have been. 

Good riddance the sooner that toxic wage thief is gone the better for all .. 

How some folk on here can defend that p##t beggars belief... 

Bazzas right boot

Liked him and MacDonald when they have played. 

Both clever and technically good players. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, eyes open said:

Another example of just how poor a coach Levein was .

These young boys are starting to produce the goods because the new coach believes in them and plays in a way that releases their enthusiasm and desire to play attacking football.

How many of them would have been let go while Levein brought in has been's on big wages .. 

How good could Zanatta and Edwards have been. 

Good riddance the sooner that toxic wage thief is gone the better for all .. 

How some folk on here can defend that p##t beggars belief... 

What a strange rant

CL gave him game time.. 

And Hickey, and Irvine and Harry, and MacDonald and Brandon. 

Loaning young players out is quite common to get game time. 

Hopefully the new style suits the players but you've taken an awful lot from a win v a 3rd teir team. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What a strange rant

CL gave him game time.. 

Hopefully the new style suits the players but you've taken an awful lot from a win v a 3rd teir team. 

What a strange post CL gave him game time how many ffs, Levein sucked out the ability of our youngsters he is a dinosaur who doesn't recognise potential. Hopefully Moore McDonald Cochran and others will flourish under a manager who knows how the game should be played 

The so called rubbish Academy has produced Irving, Moore and Henderson. And brought on Hickey. 

If another club had played 4 Academy players people would be saying they were so much better. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The so called rubbish Academy has produced Irving, Moore and Henderson. And brought on Hickey. 

If another club had played 4 Academy players people would be saying they were so much better. 

I thought the same and hopefully Smith, McDonald and Cochrane can add to the list this season.  They are all good enough but the key is whether they have the attitude and mentality to achieve the high standards Stendel demands.  Heres hoping.

I will be fascinated to see what, if any, changes are made to the academy in the next year with an SD being appointed and Stendel having an influence.

46 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He was always play out of position by levein so good to see he was given a chance in a more favoured position

I remember Levein playing him at LB against Hibs at Easter Rd 😒😒😒

The test for Stendel is to keep all the players progressing and playing consistently well.  The other test is to get them playing well away from home.

I'm sure he can do both.

LarrysRightFoot

Don’t know what game people were watching but he was our worst player today, Hate saying things like this but he won’t make it. He was the one individual weak link in our team - too slow and weak. 

1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Looked comfortable, nice to see confidence in our younglings.

Yup, the fledgsters are without doubt our future. 🤔

50 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What a strange rant

CL gave him game time.. 

Of course Levein gave him (and the others) time

BUT what I think we're seeing is how much Stendel's insistence that the players take some responsibility on the ball suits young players who have come through the academy doing just that, whereas before Moore et al looked like they had been instilled with negativity, and were more concerned with not losing the ball than trying something...

Also (early days but) it looks like if you play well, you play again (Irving, Henderson), rather than Levein's sometimes wild chopping and changing of the academy players - starting one week, out the squad for the next 5 weeks etc. When you think these aren't even the best of our academy players, it's actually quite exciting.

Impressed with the lad today! Never stopped running, always looking for the overlap and just seemed to generally enjoy the game today. 

There was a spell in the game where we looked like we'd lost the heads a wee bit (even though we were winning) with some long balls being punted forward and not much happening - he picked the ball up, cut inside and got a shot away that was well saved. Good to see him taking it on, and something that I hope we'll build on. 

Even though he didn't score, he was a contender for MotM for me today, did lots of things right and didn't often get it wrong. 

9 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Don’t know what game people were watching but he was our worst player today, Hate saying things like this but he won’t make it. He was the one individual weak link in our team - too slow and weak. 

What did he do wrong? 

You must have been watching someone else, because he done very well today. 

Imo sending these guys out on loan was absolutely the right thing! They need to go play every week away from an overly critical support (don't agree? Have a look back to when these guys were in the 1st team the last time) and to see what life away from Hearts is like, make them appreciate what playing for us means!

12 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

😂🙈

Have a look at the Man of the match thread and I think you were watching the wrong game!

A_A wehatethehibs

The boy ran himself into the ground today and showed some really good touches. Only one way for these guys to get better, that is to play games. Let’s hope he can play just as well as that against tougher opponents in the premiership