• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Governor Tarkin

• GinRummy

• i8hibsh

• Phil Dunphy

I think his long term future will be right midfield once Haring comes back into the team and Smith drops back. Will be a very strong right hand side. 

22 minutes ago, HUFF PUFF said:

Because of his skin colour?

You've sunk even deeper this time Boy. 

That post says more about you than me.

6 minutes ago, eddiepolio said:

I think his long term future will be right midfield once Haring comes back into the team and Smith drops back. Will be a very strong right hand side. 

I assume this Kosovan boy will be left wing? I know nothing of him.

30 minutes ago, Prof said:

Would be interesting to see how many posters thought Clare was lazy compared to those who continued to make excuses for Levein right up to the bitter end.

It doesn't matter what people say on here and quite frankly if you believe most of the Shit posted on here you need a check up from the neck up.

What's not up for debate is the level of abuse that Clare has been subjected to while playing, that is bang out of order and does the square root of **** all to the confidence of any players. 

Sean has been excellent recently yet there where still murmurs of discontent from the racists in our support.

Glad he rammed it up their hoops with a stunning finish on Saturday. It certainly ruined the day for the few tossers behind me giving him abuse from the off.

11 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The Ron Atkinson lazy I wonder? 

Players have been called lazy since the beginning of time.  It is not a new phenomenon. I remember Steve Fulton being tarred with it.  Quite literally hundreds of Hearts players in my time supporting them have been referred to as "lazy".  What is happening here is people are cherry picking a handful out based on skin colour and trying to find (and hope) a negative story in it.  I think we can start calling this the 'Ann Budge phenomenon'  in that people want Hearts fans to be horrible so deep dive every comment and action hoping to be proven right. 

37 minutes ago, eddiepolio said:

Seems to me he’s found his best position just need to wait and see how he does against better players regularly 

25 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

It doesn't matter what people say on here and quite frankly if you believe most of the Shit posted on here you need a check up from the neck up.

I never said I believed the dross posted on JKB. What I did say is that there is a lot off “I always said Clare would be a great player ” posted when it’s fairly obvious the opposite was the case.

5 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Not trying to be pedantic but you’re having a really good shot at it. The point is, we’ve had him for 2 years and for 21 months of that he has been utter crap. 3-4 games playing at a reasonable level does not mean he has erased the lazy useless player we had 2 months ago. Hence more of the same is entirely appropriate.

It’s because of factually incorrect posts like this that I’m so pedantic!!!

Credit where credit's due, I thought he was a gutless waste of space for most of his time at us, but he's came good and looks like the player we all hoped he would become. 

Shown character to bounce back, because he was as popular as crotch rot with the support, but he's turned it around 👏👏👏👍🏼

number witheld

Think he epitomises the levein era. Hyped up and moved around so much that he didn’t know where his best position was. Also seemed undroppable under levein even though it was clear he wasn’t at the races for a while. Seems to be, whether good or bad, a poster boy for the levein era. 

10 hours ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

The point is, we’ve had him for 2 years 

Do you think September 2018 was two years ago? :laugh: 

annushorribilis III
7 hours ago, Noah Claypole said:

What's not up for debate is the level of abuse that Clare has been subjected to while playing, that is bang out of order and does the square root of **** all to the confidence of any players. 

Sean has been excellent recently yet there where still murmurs of discontent from the racists in our support.

Glad he rammed it up their hoops with a stunning finish on Saturday. It certainly ruined the day for the few tossers behind me giving him abuse from the off.

It most definitely is up for debate. Granted, there's been a small number of posters who will never give Clare credit for anything, but for the most part he has been atrocious at Hearts. 

17 minutes ago, annushorribilis III said:

It most definitely is up for debate. Granted, there's been a small number of posters who will never give Clare credit for anything, but for the most part he has been atrocious at Hearts. 

He was talking about while he was playing. The abuse he got from supporters in the ground was appalling. 

pettigrewsstylist

People who try to use this players lack of form and subsequent moans to suggest racism ....wow.

3 hours ago, number witheld said:

Think he epitomises the levein era. Hyped up and moved around so much that he didn’t know where his best position was. Also seemed undroppable under levein even though it was clear he wasn’t at the races for a while. Seems to be, whether good or bad, a poster boy for the levein era. 

Yeah that leads to resentment when a poorly performing player is continually picked or personifies a hated figure - i.e. Miko.

But good on Clare for turning things around! He'll be a key player for us from her on in.

Fair play to the lad, he has pulled his socks up and his effort rate is up there. Still got a long way to go, before I am fully onboard the Clare revival train, he did cost us two pionts against the Codhieds ( I await the onsllaught for a different view piont) 

Sean's attitude has completely turned around and he looks a different player to even 6 months ago.  Credit to him for using the sports psychologist and for knuckling down to make the best of this opportunity.

Long may it last.

Glad Sean is flourishing. Although he's often struggled it was clear, in flashes, that he had ability. 

Very much hoped that he, others and the team in general would improve under a proper, hands on coach and the signs are promising. 

DS must wonder what Levein was playing at and why he was allowed to continue failing for so long. 

Levein is probably wondering why he's not still HC as his Dof was convinced he'd turn it around. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Sean's attitude has completely turned around and he looks a different player to even 6 months ago.  Credit to him for using the sports psychologist and for knuckling down to make the best of this opportunity.

Long may it last.

100%

If we get results confidence will improve across all the players and that will help as well. 

Bazzas right boot

Lazy is the criticism aimed at players by posters who can't actually think and know nothing about football. 

Clare was never lazy, Djoum was anything but lazy and chicken hearted. 

There are more. 

Lazy is the lazy way of slagging a player off. 

Used wrongly far too often by the same posters to slag off our players. 

11 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

People who try to use this players lack of form and subsequent moans to suggest racism ....wow.

This. Poor.

19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Players have been called lazy since the beginning of time.  It is not a new phenomenon. I remember Steve Fulton being tarred with it.  Quite literally hundreds of Hearts players in my time supporting them have been referred to as "lazy".  What is happening here is people are cherry picking a handful out based on skin colour and trying to find (and hope) a negative story in it.  I think we can start calling this the 'Ann Budge phenomenon'  in that people want Hearts fans to be horrible so deep dive every comment and action hoping to be proven right. 

Or alternatively you could define the 'Ann Budge phenomenon' as football in the 21st century where bigots, racists, homophobes, misogynists etc. are no longer welcome. Better get used to it buddy.

On 19/01/2020 at 11:36, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Still not convinced he’s a right back but as a big critic of him, I am delighted to see that has workrate, ability and contribution has improved massively. Classy finish for his goal too. Well done Sean. More of the same on a regular basis please.

100% correct

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Or alternatively you could define the 'Ann Budge phenomenon' as football in the 21st century where bigots, racists, homophobes, misogynists etc. are no longer welcome. Better get used to it buddy.

Or alternatively, you could realise that despite Ann Budge and the Kickback shitteratti's moral crusade, it's impossible to socially engineer something as necessarily diverse as a football support - however uncomfortable you may feel about it. Better get used to it buddy.

:jj:

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Or alternatively, you could realise that despite Ann Budge and the Kickback shitteratti's moral crusade, it's impossible to socially engineer something as necessarily diverse as a football support - however uncomfortable you may feel about it. Better get used to it buddy.

:jj:

You just stick to grooming the 'young team' and sucking up to the old boys in the pub.

17 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

I think most fans just want a winning side on the pitch. She’s made a right arse of overseeing that. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

You just stick to grooming the 'young team' and sucking up to the old boys in the pub.

I've no idea what or whom you're on about, buddy. 

Any chance you could talk me through it?

Cheers. 👍

I think playing as RB or wing back has helped Clare.  There's no hiding place in this position so he is constantly involved in the play whereas in games in midfield it would have been easier to hide when things were not going so well.  It's a bit like in any job where you are set challenges outside your comfort zone, sometimes works sometimes doesn't.  In this case Clare has responded well.  

1 minute ago, TexasAndy said:

I think playing as RB or wing back has helped Clare.  There's no hiding place in this position so he is constantly involved in the play whereas in games in midfield it would have been easier to hide when things were not going so well.  It's a bit like in any job where you are set challenges outside your comfort zone, sometimes works sometimes doesn't.  In this case Clare has responded well.  

I agree. Though I don’t think he was deliberately hiding in his more advanced roles, more found it difficult to get involved. 

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've no idea what or whom you're on about, buddy. 

Any chance you could talk me through it?

Cheers. 👍

Which bit exactly are you struggling with Governor?

6 hours ago, fila said:

Fair play to the lad, he has pulled his socks up and his effort rate is up there. Still got a long way to go, before I am fully onboard the Clare revival train, he did cost us two pionts against the Codhieds ( I await the onsllaught for a different view piont) 

Referee, Halkett, Pereria and McGinn all more culpable.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Which bit exactly are you struggling with Governor?

All of it, really, but I'm sure you can tune me in.

You just make it sound like so much fun and I'd hate to think that I'm missing out.

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

All of it, really, but I'm sure you can tune me in.

You just make it sound like so much fun and I'd hate to think that I'm missing out.

The lack of comprehension for one so articulate surprises me. The umbrage you took to my response to i8's inane post doesn't, regrettably.

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Bit of truth there, but as another poster said having the game in front of him also helps. 

Imo his weakest part was not only hiding, but genuine cluelessness about where to be. Tactically, awareness, positional sense - all more simpler as a rb. 

He's also a fit, agile lad with natural attacking instinct and technically good, so our new tactics might suit him, Taveiner (sp) as another poster said could be an an apt description. 

Early days, but the more simpler nature of being rb suits him. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

One of the oddest situations I can remember.

Was never playing that badly as an individual, before, he just looked as if he was struggling to find his niche, whilst far from perfect at right back, he is now receiving rave reviews.

The lad has always tried hard, I like him, but he remains a square peg in a round hole, his defensive awareness is not good enough to play there.

jamboinglasgow

Worth remembering that he has not really had a time playing with Hearts when we have been in a good run of form. By the time we got up to speed last season, was just after the league cup semi. That cant be easy for any player.

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

The lack of comprehension for one so articulate surprises me. The umbrage you took to my response to i8's inane post doesn't, regrettably.

You misunderstood me, BR, I didn't take umbrage to anything. Thankfully it's not my place to be upset on behalf of i8.

Now, being that you see fit to imply my involvement in some mysteriously nefarious grooming practice, could you please do me the good service of providing a little more detail.

Ta. 👍

Every player should have a fresh start under Stendel. Sean Clare seems to benefiting from that. Seems like Stendel putting his boot down and showing whose boss has awakened a few players

Put up or shipped out. 

I’d have thought accusing someone of “grooming” young boys was pretty serious. Opens up a can of worms. 

Unless Bad Religion has proof of said practice, I’d be backtracking on that one pretty sharpish. 

23 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’d have thought accusing someone of “grooming” young boys was pretty serious. Opens up a can of worms. 

Unless Bad Religion has proof of said practice, I’d be backtracking on that one pretty sharpish. 

image.png.0be193ec4b15e833832f40eef6b65d9d.png

You boys just make sure your tea towels are washed and ready for Sunday.

25 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It’s a really bad slur. The fact the word is largely used to describe paedophiles makes it worse. 

1 minute ago, Noah Claypole said:

Looks like reinforcements have been called in 🙃

If someone called you a word associated strongly with child sex attackers I’m sure someone would jump to your defence. 

The word grooming is deliberately provocative and used to troll. 

PaulHartley10

He's built like a box to box midfielder but it's a good job our Daniel could see he plays better when he can see the game in front of him.

Game is too fast for him to be a midfielder up here.

1 minute ago, PaulHartley10 said:

He's built like a box to box midfielder but it's a good job our Daniel could see he plays better when he can see the game in front of him.

Game is too fast for him to be a midfielder up here.

I think it’s more than that.  He doesn’t seem to take up good positions when he’s waiting on the ball coming to him. It’s clear he reads the game better from a deeper position. 

PaulHartley10
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think it’s more than that.  He doesn’t seem to take up good positions when he’s waiting on the ball coming to him. It’s clear he reads the game better from a deeper position. 

Agree with that. I'd have had him punted a month ago, just shows what a change in manager and confidence can do.

30 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

image.png.0be193ec4b15e833832f40eef6b65d9d.png

You boys just make sure your tea towels are washed and ready for Sunday.

I think you’re getting me confused with someone else friend. 

26 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Looks like reinforcements have been called in 🙃

I’d say the same for the vast majority of posters on here to be fair. Insinuating that anyone is grooming children is beyond the pale for me. Unless you have proof of said practice.

5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

:sweeet:

feckin knew guv was a bad ‘un 😜

• davemclaren locked this topic