Sean Clare again

tartofmidlothian

24 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Superb today. Never doubted that he would show us the player that he is. 

You must be the only one who never doubted him. I'm honest enough to admit I definitely doubted him along with everybody I know! Delighted he is doing so well but very surprised.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Governor Tarkin

• GinRummy

• i8hibsh

• Bazzas right boot

2 minutes ago, Cynic said:

You must be the only one who never doubted him. I'm honest enough to admit I definitely doubted him along with everybody I know! Delighted he is doing so well but very surprised.

Never doubted his ability.  Had his confidence completely sapped by the style of play he was being asked to take part in by the previous regime. Others are starting to show up well too. 

14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Under Levein, he had a role to play, he wasn't allowed to take risks.

Now, he can try play football and sometimes loses possession but you can see that he's not bothered if that happens as it comes off more often than not.

He looked like a timid wee rabbit under the previous management. Been saying for a year that this team would thrive with the reigns being taken off. Seems that happens today. 

The biggest worry for me is the space behind the defence as we press high but not with his players. I am sure once that is sorted with a few of his own players then we will be fine.

Pretty encouraging performance today and I have to commend Airdrie, they didnt sit back and try contain us, they harassed us wherever possible.

Overall, delighted.

The biggest change is he’s playing in a position where the majority of the game is played in front of him. He’s not suited playing the game with his back to goal.

These performances will do his confidence the world of good.

He was my man of the match today and still would have been if his attempt for the goal had hit row z.

Big fan of his and I’ve argued the point over and over. But I thought, goal aside, he was poor. He should have absolutely dominated Leon McCann who was making his debut for Airdrie on loan from Hamilton. It was probably his first top flight start yet Sean checked back against him again and again. Won’t have an easier opponent, not in terms of quality but in terms of experience. 

I'm delighted that he's finally getting the fans on his side. 

Superb goal, and done really well today, especially with the long balls launched his way - kept them under close control and didn't make many mistakes.

Well done Sean Clare :thumbsup:

Delighted for the guy , always believed he’d be good for us . That’ll show now he has a man in charge that plays to his strengths . 
It’s not relative to his on field performances but off field he’s a real gentleman , a credit to his parents and a great ambassador for the club . 

He actually looks like he's enjoying himself now.  Confidence rising and performances improved.

Really pleased for the lad.

I told you so! 😜

Delighted to see Clare thrive under Stendel and shame on all of you who booed a guy who was already short of confidence. Don't think the fans realise just how much of an impact our support or lack of it has on the players.

He was knackered near the end and still made a mad dash to go overlap in the last few minutes. He seems to have found a bit of self-belief and the crowds support will add to that.

Well done to him. Some of these players feel like new signings.

I watched him closely today and most impressed was his tracking back and blocks...he doesn’t get the credit he deserves 

Nice to see him getting good reviews,..

He was pilloried for a good while.

Good result for the Jambo's today....

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I told you so! 😜

Delighted to see Clare thrive under Stendel and shame on all of you who booed a guy who was already short of confidence. Don't think the fans realise just how much of an impact our support or lack of it has on the players.

lack of confidence and a lack of proper coaching

Fast becoming one of my fav players. Put in a couple of great defensive blocks today, some great tackles, lovely footwork and passing, and scored a screamer. And he’s going to get better.

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Never doubted his ability.  Had his confidence completely sapped by the style of play he was being asked to take part in by the previous regime. Others are starting to show up well too. 

Many doubted his ability , which I found strange . He always looked like a good footballer .

People saying he never tackled , blocked , covered ground previously are talking nonsense . He has gone from the man who could do no right to being incapable of doing wrong . Crowd are off his back ,  the manager appears to have  lifted the players mentally . Long may these things continue

At the moment playing right back , when CL put him there he was pilloried ! Not certain that will always be his position .

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Now, he can try play football and sometimes loses possession but you can see that he's not bothered if that happens as it comes off more often than not.

He looked like a timid wee rabbit under the previous management. Been saying for a year that this team would thrive with the reigns being taken off. Seems that happens today. 

The biggest worry for me is the space behind the defence as we press high but not with his players. I am sure once that is sorted with a few of his own players then we will be fine.

Pretty encouraging performance today and I have to commend Airdrie, they didnt sit back and try contain us, they harassed us wherever possible.

Overall, delighted.

This in a nut shell. 

Seems crystal clear that he's playing with heaps more freedom and the impact of that is his confidence is soaring.

Levein did an absolute number on this squad. The quality is clearly there but the shackles he put on our attacking options is ****ing criminal - I know this was a game against a league 1 side but the way we're playing now seems to be with an air of confidence and determination as opposed to clueless and lacking direction. 

letsalldothebeattie

Said it for the past 3/4 games. Stendel has found the real Sean Clare and about time. He has been terrific for us and long may it continue

A_A wehatethehibs

He looks quite comfortable at Right Back, and nobody can be in any doubt that boy can strike a football. 

Proper love-in between him and the fans at the moment, it’s great to see. Hung out to dry by the last regime.  

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
2 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

I told you so! 😜

:) I remember after a game while Levein was in charge he looked over to the main stand and everyone growled at him. Not me though, I applauded him for his efforts under extremely difficult circumstances. He acknowleged my appreciation too.

:smugger: 

The Old Tolbooth

Superb by Clare, he really is like a new player, absolutely made up for the lad turning it round, keep it going Sean! 👍

4 hours ago, The Roller said:

The biggest change is he’s playing in a position where the majority of the game is played in front of him. He’s not suited playing the game with his back to goal.

These performances will do his confidence the world of good.

He was my man of the match today and still would have been if his attempt for the goal had hit row z.

Nailed it!

18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nailed it!

A man who understands the game.

Nice to meet you.

👍🏻😁

My two boys sponsor his boots (Dad pays obvs) and we’re loving it. Had to bite my tongue so often as folks around us hurled abuse at him and my boys curled up embarrassed for him but now we’re so happy for him. Go Sean never doubted you. 

jamboinglasgow
6 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Overall, delighted.

Watching the team today, the first line is what stuck out with me. You could see a team realise they can try something a bit more creative, a bit riskier and more often then not it came off. There was a moment in the first half when about 6 players knocked it around the opposition box, flick it over their head, doing all kinds of tricks and though in the end it did not go in you could see a freedom there that players loved. In the second half, both Graccuio and Bozanic did long accurate passes which opened up the opposition but I dont think I ever saw them do that under Levein.

Stendel has worked miracles getting Clare's confidence back and Clare has repaid him handsomely. He played right back under Levein and looked hopeless but under Stendel he is a different player. Would love to know what Stendel said to him. 

Clare is really growing on me

I actually love the guy, the way he plays and I think he is beginning to love Hearts after his tough first season

MOTM again. Although tbf there were a few today.

I said there was a player there all along and was called a Hibs fan for my troubles.

It's all about opinions.

Amazing what can happen to a player with proper management and coaching. 

A player with potential is put into a position and is told what is required of him in that position. 

Levein and the goof troop failed Clare like they failed many others.

Clare has shown alot of character to come back and prove himself

highlandjambo3

He has become the player we all hoped he would be........we just wanted that earlier.  Onwards, I think he will go on to have a great season.  Pity about his suspension at RC next week.

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

My two boys sponsor his boots (Dad pays obvs) and we’re loving it. Had to bite my tongue so often as folks around us hurled abuse at him and my boys curled up embarrassed for him but now we’re so happy for him. Go Sean never doubted you. 

My son nearly got in a scrap at a match when a prick in the crowd singled Sean out for abuse when the whole team was pish. Strangely enough the abuser was encouraged by many to feck aff.

Always saw a player in Sean but confidence was terribly low. Great to see him put in a few performances. If he keeps in up I can see him making us some cash when he decides to move on.

15 hours ago, Rabgee said:

My MoM (and that’s something I never thought I would say!!)

Has been outstanding since stendel came aboard 

He will go far in the game I think really good player 

13 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Hindsight is still a wonderful thing with some posters.

Just a case of credit where its due surely. 

15 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exceptional again. Still a few toss pots in section T giving him it tight, probably more out of embarrassment that they’ve been proven wrong than anything else.

Lobg may this form continue. Will be an extremely valuable asset for the club if he carries on in this form. 

It's everywhere in the Stadium, I hear the bitter and twisted arseholes in my usual seats giving him pelters and low and behold yesterday Sean had a cracking 1st half makes one error and the old racist arseholes turn on him again and I'm in a different section. 

Speaking to a pal after the game, same story, he's in a different stand. 

Bitter racists forced to shut the **** up for the rest of the game. 

7 hours ago, Spoleto said:

MOTM again. Although tbf there were a few today.

I said there was a player there all along and was called a Hibs fan for my troubles.

It's all about opinions.

That’s not why you were called a Hibs fan 🤣 You should look at some of the other posters backing Clare all along and ask yourself why they weren’t called hibs fans 

All the players have an enthusiasm that was missing during the last regime,  Clare is at the polar ends of that, compared to where he was, I was calling for him to leave, but the way he was playing before, so were most supporters, not now though.

Clare needs the love of the crowd. You can see him growing in confidence and talking players on when we all cheer him. Not rocket science but we do have a part to play 

jack D and coke

It’s really good to see. I was a big critic but I’m really chuffed for him. Nobody wanted him to fail and I’m glad he’s proving me wrong. 

18 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Shall I tell you the difference between SC Levein and SC Stendel? 

He used to be shite, but now he's alright? *

* Better than that recently actually, I'd say! Quite a transformation, and hopefully more to come! 

MarkDevriesScores4

Still not convinced he’s a right back but as a big critic of him, I am delighted to see that has workrate, ability and contribution has improved massively. Classy finish for his goal too. Well done Sean. More of the same on a regular basis please.

• davemclaren locked this topic