.....The official Ross County v Heart of Midlothian match day thread .....

SMJ_1874

Just thought I’d start this early as our league campaign is a write off  so far. It’s great to be back playing in the SC cup today but I’d happily swap this for league survival. I’d really like both but if it came to choices then the league is our bread and butter and survival is a must. 

Ive a good feeling about Stendel and all that he brings. The last few weeks have been like breath of fresh air. Good reports from our winter training camp so hopefully we will see proof today and Wednesday, and our season can kick on from here. 

So I’m sticking my neck out and saying Ross Co 0-2 Heart of Midlothian. Taking a half day off on Wednesday and a late start Thursday and going up for this one. I hope we take a good and noisy support with us. 

C’mon the Famous

HHGH

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• GinRummy

• Greedy Jambo

I love a new thread start me 😂. It’s the adrenaline kicking in early. When can I start the Sevco thread lol ? 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

One game at a time ! I'm buzzing this morning for today's game and not had many like that this season 

You taking the bairns mate? If so hopefully a good performance with a few goals. Enjoy

Selkirkhmfc1874
27 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

You taking the bairns mate? If so hopefully a good performance with a few goals. Enjoy

Yeah boys go to all the games with me mate 

alicante jambo
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah boys go to all the games with me mate 

Brilliant. Today is hopefully the start of big things. Take care of this mob and 3 points against county the confidence will soar.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, alicante jambo said:

Brilliant. Today is hopefully the start of big things. Take care of this mob and 3 points against county the confidence will soar.

Aye onwards n upwards! Watching the clips of the training etc gives me hope we can get out of situation we in 

34 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

RC will be selling away tickets from their wee portacabin on the evening for anyone heading up without a ticket.

That right ? may take a trip up to Muir of Ord to see some family and nip along not far.

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

Wednesday will take care of itself but stuff lying down in the cup for it.

We can do both. Nice we cup run and staying up will do me.

Success in the cup will breed confidence for the league matches and vice versa.

Just imagine how down we would feel in the extremely unlikely event of defeat today.

A good win today and a massive confidence boost for Wednesday please. 

portobellojambo1

Looking forward to getting back to football after the devastating Wintry weather we've had since the 29 December put a halt on it :) We should have enough to win today's game without having to sacrifice any players who are ready to play. But even in saying that staying in the cup is no more than a bonus at the moment, the important element of what remains of this season starts on Wednesday night up in Dingwall. Making sure we are still in this division come the start of next season is what counts and I'll be up in Dingwall on Wednesday to cheer the team on. With the two days off work as well (Wednesday and Thursday) it shortens the week in a way. If we can get results in both these games it could be the start of a decent period of watching football again.

Edited by portobellojambo1

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, poultry said:

That right ? may take a trip up to Muir of Ord to see some family and nip along not far.

Yup, I sent them an e mail a couple of days ago......they will be selling away tickets on the night.

22 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Yup, I sent them an e mail a couple of days ago......they will be selling away tickets on the night.

Great highland thanks.

pettigrewsstylist
On 18/01/2020 at 09:07, Saughton Jambo said:

Just thought I’d start this early as our league campaign is a write off  so far. It’s great to be back playing in the SC cup today but I’d happily swap this for league survival. I’d really like both but if it came to choices then the league is our bread and butter and survival is a must. 

Ive a good feeling about Stendel and all that he brings. The last few weeks have been like breath of fresh air. Good reports from our winter training camp so hopefully we will see proof today and Wednesday, and our season can kick on from here. 

So I’m sticking my neck out and saying Ross Co 0-2 Heart of Midlothian. Taking a half day off on Wednesday and a late start Thursday and going up for this one. I hope we take a good and noisy support with us. 

C’mon the Famous

HHGH

Gonna be tough with enforced changes. Big noisy support could be key. Dingwall midweek is a big ask, but if not now, then when.....

pettigrewsstylist
On 18/01/2020 at 10:56, poultry said:

Tkts always available at booth in my experience.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Haringshairband
17 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Changing my prediction to 3-0 to the famous now after today 

As a fellow Saughton Jambo, I concur with your 3-0 prediction.

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

This is a must win.

It is. Win it and chances are we’ll gain points on liedown and Hamilton. Huge opportunity to take a step nearer safety. 

2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

As a fellow Saughton Jambo, I concur with your 3-0 prediction.

Had 4-0 yesterday. Was getting a free trip to Dingwall till Halkett ruined the party lol 

Haringshairband
12 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Had 4-0 yesterday. Was getting a free trip to Dingwall till Halkett ruined the party lol 

I had 4-1.

7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Mains or Prison? 🤔😂

:rofl:Mains of course.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Is Clare suspended? If so hopefully Smith is ok at RB

Garrucio at LB if the Hickster injured

Yup clare suspended. Jambo soldier at RB.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup clare suspended. Jambo soldier at RB.

Or Brandon maybe. Need jambo soldier as cover for our injury prone centre back positions. 

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

I had 4-1.

:rofl:Mains of course.

I was a Busy Bee man right up until

they changed the name to the King William arms. I always like watching  trainspotting 2  and can pick out the bar and toilets etc 

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I was a Busy Bee man right up until

they changed the name to the King William arms. I always like watching  trainspotting 2  and can pick out the bar and toilets etc 

Used to go in the Busy quite a bit, but my preferred pub was the chesser when it was open.

We need to be at it from the first whistle.  Actually thought Airdrie gave us a good preparation for this game.  They were in our faces throughout the game and we had to think and move quickly which is exactly what we will need to do in Dingwall.  

18 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Hopefully Stendel sets us up to entirely nullify the threat of Brian Graham. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

Isn’t Graham suspended? He got sent off in their previous league game against St Johnstone.

Hickey to RB and Garuccio in at LB, apart from that we should set up the exact same.

Massive game, going for 3-1 to the famous. Irving, Henderson and Washington.

13 minutes ago, S Form said:

Isn’t Graham suspended? He got sent off in their previous league game against St Johnstone.

Hasn’t he been transferred to QOS or someone like that?

18 minutes ago, S Form said:

Fontaine is suspended, pretty sure Graham is on his way out the door

4 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Hickey to RB and Garuccio in at LB, apart from that we should set up the exact same.

Massive game, going for 3-1 to the famous. Irving, Henderson and Washington.

Hickey injured is he not.  Looks like we're without Smith, Hickey and Clare (and Uche).  Even if Smith and Hickey were only taken off as precautions, you'd think they'd be rested here to avoid risk.  So issues at fullback.   Not sure if Brandon back fit?

You'd think White will play LB and then either Brandon or Dikamona at RB.  Damour coming in to the midfield.

So a back six of Bran/Dika, Souttar, Halkett, White...Damour, Irving.  Then Naismith and Washington will play, leaving 2 more spots up for grabs for Moore, Hendo, Walker, Ryo and maybe the wildcards of Smith and McDonald.