Naismith - New Captain (confirmed)

adam1998

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Goodness me a positive appointment of a international, goal scoring, natural born leader and some w@nks find it something to complain about. 😂

It's madness mate, it's a truly positive appointment and still some folk are whining like bitches about it, utter madness! 

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Welcome aboard sandpit.

Sandpit. The place cats go to have a shit :D 

Brilliant :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

OK thanks. Do we have deputy deputy? Smith?

With all our injuries,. we've named a deputy, deputy, deputies deputy......just in case! :ninja:

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• Pans Jambo

• FarmerTweedy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Goodness me a positive appointment of a international, goal scoring, natural born leader and some w@nks find it something to complain about. 😂

naisy wants to have a word with those negative nellies

DqQ-ItSWoAALcYp.jpg

22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Liking the cut of his jib.

“I’m delighted that the manager has decided to make me club captain. 

“It’s a big thing for me but the bigger thing is that results need to change and change quickly. 

“I’ll be proud to lead this team out and with a dressing room full of motivated players, and the tremendous backing from the fans, I’m confident we can turn this situation around and get back to winning games.”

Sounds good to me. We really need a confidence booster this weekend. Hopefully put 4 or 5 in, and play some fast flowing attacking football.

Jamboscanbevicius
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

DqQ-ItSWoAALcYp.jpg

Just a beautiful moment 😍

Great appointment. Naisy is a cut above in terms of talent and drive. If he can stay fit and lead us it is massive!

13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

DqQ-ItSWoAALcYp.jpg

He doesn’t suffer fools gladly as the saying goes. If he did have a word with the negative nellies who infest this board they would crap themselves. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

pettigrewsstylist

We need a captain ON the park. Its never been more apparent. Like the choice but not sure it can work.

Great move- Naismith is a clear leader with tonnes of experience. Souttar can benefit from the responsibility and the confidence the new manager has shown in him, plus learn from Naisy.

As an aside, interesting choice of comment from Naismith about ‘a dressing room full of motivated players...’  maybe some of the negative influences around tynecastle are being moved out...

Positive stuff 

3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We need a captain ON the park. Its never been more apparent. Like the choice but not sure it can work.

image.png.e5ec5e8aa668483884704aa24680831d.png

As always with Naismith (and Souttar) it depends on  their availability as to whether they are the right choices. Time will tell. And time starts tomorrow at 3pm.

Edited by TheTrumpet

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hardly slavering pish. All i said was the captaincy has been stripped from someone because he isn't going to get game time. Then given to someone who hasn't had any game time and probably isn't going to stay fit based on his record so far.

Really can't understand the seethe. You'd think after the last 3 years we'd have toughened up as a fan base from all the shit we get from the media. This shows otherwise. 

You would think after 3 years of the circus that has been in play some would accept that harsh changes have to be made if we want to change where we are.

That includes stripping Berra of the captaincy. I like Berra but he was fast becoming part of the problem

Well done Naisy ... At least we know you won’t allow standards to drop. Right choice imo 

53 minutes ago, smartinmaroon said:

Great move- Naismith is a clear leader with tonnes of experience. Souttar can benefit from the responsibility and the confidence the new manager has shown in him, plus learn from Naisy.

As an aside, interesting choice of comment from Naismith about ‘a dressing room full of motivated players...’  maybe some of the negative influences around tynecastle are being moved out...

Positive stuff 

Completely picked up on that comment as  well. Fly on the wall digs obviously but makes me f...... angry at what was allowed to pass 

Walter Bishop
8 hours ago, Marvin said:

Do we really need a captain who is going to spend much of his time on physios table. 

The right choice. 

50 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

image.png.27261941f97b942bee097bc904f833f4.png

Too funny! Perhaps a Freudian slip? Sure he'll get the hang of it eventually...

It's an old joke, but a good one. :)

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hardly slavering pish. All i said was the captaincy has been stripped from someone because he isn't going to get game time. Then given to someone who hasn't had any game time and probably isn't going to stay fit based on his record so far.

Really can't understand the seethe. You'd think after the last 3 years we'd have toughened up as a fan base from all the shit we get from the media. This shows otherwise. 

One player is never going to play for us again unless he accepts his demotion and works his way back into the manager's plans. The other is our (and arguably the Scottish national team's) best player, who is very much central to our plans. We can't not do things in case a player gets injured in future.  Any player could break a leg tomorrow. We have to assume Naismith will be fit if he's passed fit to play.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Completely picked up on that comment as  well. Fly on the wall digs obviously but makes me f...... angry at what was allowed to pass 

Yeah, sorry, hadn’t really read earlier posts 👍 

frankly I’m taken aback at the growing evidence of just how far things had been let slide - the pattern of results spoke for themselves unfortunately, but I’ll admit I continued to believe or maybe naively hope we’d maybe turn it around for far longer than some others 🤷‍♀️ Probably because of childhood memories of levein the player.  But eventually, I’d had enough. 

Given what we’re hearing, I’m delighted with the changes that seem to be in progress. I’m right behind stendel. 

Naismith is sounding pleased at the developments lately, so I’m happy to look forward now. 

Ive got a good feeling about us back at last!

1 minute ago, smartinmaroon said:

frankly I’m taken aback at the growing evidence of just how far things had been let slide - the pattern of results spoke for themselves unfortunately, but I’ll admit I continued to believe or maybe naively hope we’d maybe turn it around for far longer than some others 🤷‍♀️ Probably because of childhood memories of levein the player.  But eventually, I’d had enough. 

Given what we’re hearing, I’m delighted with the changes that seem to be in progress. I’m right behind stendel. 

Naismith is sounding pleased at the developments lately, so I’m happy to look forward now. 

Share the sentiment mate. Feel sad in a way re Levein but past memories of him wearing the shirt, good memories, are all but gone for me and because of what has happened 

Finding it hard to take that he is still hanging around in the background, still taking a salary from the club given what happened. If he had walked after him being relieved of his duties I might have felt differently about him but alas he didn’t 

Have a real good feeling with Stendel at the helm and it’s growing by the week. The togetherness of the squad is so so important and you can see clearly that Stendel is trying to harness that siege mentality at the club by his actions. Tough decisions and he is taking them head on, no indecisiveness. He clearly knows what needs to be done and won’t accept failure. Night and f...... day to what we have been used too 

It’s us, Hearts, against the world, and I’m starting to feel it again and really liking it. The Media swirling around in the background trying to create issues because deep down they know we are on the cusp of changing our fortunes 

F... the media, opposition teams, SPL, referees ... in fact f... everything and everyone not hearts related. The revolution has started and we should all just get on board 😉

Oh and FTH ... can’t not mention our little furry rodent pests. We will be dominating them before long as well and things will be on the way to being back to normal 

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Share the sentiment mate. Feel sad in a way re Levein but past memories of him wearing the shirt, good memories, are all but gone for me and because of what has happened 

Finding it hard to take that he is still hanging around in the background, still taking a salary from the club given what happened. If he had walked after him being relieved of his duties I might have felt differently about him but alas he didn’t 

Have a real good feeling with Stendel at the helm and it’s growing by the week. The togetherness of the squad is so so important and you can see clearly that Stendel is trying to harness that siege mentality at the club by his actions. Tough decisions and he is taking them head on, no indecisiveness. He clearly knows what needs to be done and won’t accept failure. Night and f...... day to what we have been used too 

It’s us, Hearts, against the world, and I’m starting to feel it again and really liking it. The Media swirling around in the background trying to create issues because deep down they know we are on the cusp of changing our fortunes 

F... the media, opposition teams, SPL, referees ... in fact f... everything and everyone not hearts related. The revolution has started and we should all just get on board 😉

Oh and FTH ... can’t not mention our little furry rodent pests. We will be dominating them before long as well and things will be on the way to being back to normal 

👍

Stendel has got them whipped into shape and fighting for each other hopefully... our captain can kick their arses as well as gee them up/organise.   

Clear positive tactics... win v airdrie as a start then scrabble our way up the table 

🤞

part_time_jambo
11 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

How about Clare captain with Hickey VC?

:facepalm:

Victoria Cross is a bit much don't you think?

4 hours ago, smartinmaroon said:

Felt  the same. 

21 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Felt  the same. 

Yeah, I was pretty gutted it was going sour for levein.  But that’s what happened and we can’t get bogged down by it any longer. 

Actually when he was finally removed from first team duties I wondered (with concern) whether levein going might mean Naismith would move on too. 

Glad the opposite seems to be happening. Fit, he’s a huge player for us .

14 hours ago, Irufushi said:

Got to be Naismith, absolutely no question about. 100% a leader...... when he’s fit 😬

That is the problem, hardly ever fit. Can't lead if not on the pitch.

HillmanHearts

Naisy being fit will save us.

I really hope he really feels what he says.

Not saying he doesn't but it really Is a fecken honour to be club captain of Hearts.

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

The new Captain Fantastic. He ran that game today. Still time to make himself a proper Hearts legend with a few more performances like that.

9 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The new Captain Fantastic. He ran that game today. Still time to make himself a proper Hearts legend with a few more performances like that.

He will always give everything ...he is that type of player 

Its the attitude of the other players that seem to have changed and since he was appointed ..... certainly far more desire than what they were like under Berra :)