Naismith - New Captain (confirmed)

adam1998

Just hope Naismith can keep himself fit for the second half of the season, being given the captaincy, we need him on the park, not on the sidelines.🤞

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• Pans Jambo

• FarmerTweedy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Future manager too. 

Why do you think that, out of interest? Managers need more than motivation and football skills.

Just now, rmreido said:

Just hope Naismith can keep himself fit for the second half of the season, being given the captaincy, we need him on the park, not on the sidelines.🤞

It would be nice if we could keep him from playing for Scotland.

2 minutes ago, TheSandpit said:

Why select a Captain who's hardly going to be fit/play? 

Odd choice really. 

Welcome aboard sandpit.

Sandpit. The place cats go to have a shit :D 

8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. But what if Stendel had told Naismith, Souttar and Smith to find other clubs. Would you have thought the same?

There are always fans who see the negative side. It's never going to change. Just ignore it. And remember that in some cases they just might end up being right. ;)

And I say that as someone who is 100% behind Stendel.

I see where you are coming from but we need to back the manager, whatever his decisions. If we don't, then we don't survive - it's that simple for me.

We need to hold off our negativity and when we judge at the end of the season, that is the time to criticise, if necessary. 

Right now, we need to give them them our complete backing. I want Premiership football next season as I can see Stendel doing something special.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Why do you think that, out of interest? Managers need more than motivation and football skills.

Loads of experience contacts and leadership skills to start with. 

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Stendel said he spoke to Ann about it all first. He also would have spoken to other members of his coaching team. But keep up with the assumptions of me having a go at Stendel.

He stripped the captaincy from someone because he wont play. Then gave the captaincy to someone who won't play.

I honestly didn't think it would be this hard to understand.

Stendel obviously doesn't think he won't play! It's almost as if he's seen how Naismith is in training and discussed how he feels physically.

I honestly didn't think it would be this hard to understand!

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I see where you are coming from but we need to back the manager, whatever his decisions. If we don't, then we don't survive - it's that simple for me.

We need to hold off our negativity and when we judge at the end of the season, that is the time to criticise, if necessary. 

Right now, we need to give them them our complete backing. I want Premiership football next season as I can see Stendel doing something special.

Fair enough, Omiya. I don't think that folk being negative on here is going to affect the team's chances of staying up though (unless the players read stuff that folk write about them - I hope that the club has strongly advised them against doing so). However, you're right that we need to be behind the team 100% on the pitch. The players have to know that if they go a goal behind, or have a man sent off, we will stay behind them and they have a good chance of coming back to win the game.

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Stendel said he spoke to Ann about it all first. He also would have spoken to other members of his coaching team. But keep up with the assumptions of me having a go at Stendel.

He stripped the captaincy from someone because he wont play. Then gave the captaincy to someone who won't play.

I honestly didn't think it would be this hard to understand.

He's made Souttar Vice Captain!!!!! What do you think of that? 😉

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Loads of experience contacts and leadership skills to start with. 

I guess we'll have to see. I think it's quite difficult to tell if a player will make it as a manager (unless you're on the inside and see how he contributes to tactics etc.) - it's probably far easier to tell the players who won't become managers, or good managers.

Do feel free however to come back and tell me to GIRUY when he has managed a couple of clubs. :)

Ex member of the SaS
8 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Welcome aboard sandpit.

Think it's more like an Aberdeen supporter ( appolgise if you are not ) as their pitch is like a sand pit most seasons.

12 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Welcome aboard sandpit.

I used to help out at our local cat shelter and one of the jobs was cleaning the 3 sandpit, the ammonia stung my eyes but my little darlings needed the help.

Edited by Turkishcap
Spelling,

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I guess we'll have to see. I think it's quite difficult to tell if a player will make it as a manager (unless you're on the inside and see how he contributes to tactics etc.) - it's probably far easier to tell the players who won't become managers, or good managers.

Do feel free however to come back and tell me to GIRUY when he has managed a couple of clubs. :)

Would never do that either way. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Would never do that either way. 

It can be a jocular one. You don't need to mean it. ;)

Anyway, I'll be interested to see if he does go into management and how it pans out if he does.

6 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

I used to help out at our local cat shelter and one of the jobs was cleaning the 3 sandpit, the ammonia stung my eyes but my little darlings needed the help.

I approve of this post. Well done, TC.

I hope the wee man is at our club for many years, playing, coaching maybe even manager eventually

He's a winner and we dont have many with his winning mentality

92% of me thinks "correct decision, the guy is a winner and leader on the pitch and a huge influence off it"

8% of me thinks "he only plays 10 games a year so what's the point?"

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
50 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I thought this part of his comments on the HMFC website were interesting.

with a dressing room full of motivated players

Does that suggest that perhaps they were not all that prior to DS arriving?

Was going to post the same. It is clearly different than before otherwise there would be no point him saying it.

Undoubtedly the man for the job. Does it anyway. Fitness concerns would be the only issue for me but DS, again makes his decision 

40 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Stendel obviously doesn't think he won't play! It's almost as if he's seen how Naismith is in training and discussed how he feels physically.

I honestly didn't think it would be this hard to understand!

"Discussed how he feels physically" :lol:

Wow. If only that was the key to not getting injured in future. Wish i knew that whilst training recruits in the army.

10 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

"Discussed how he feels physically" :lol:

Wow. If only that was the key to not getting injured in future. Wish i knew that whilst training recruits in the army.

I didn't suggest it was, but you carry on slavering pish!

Henrysmithstaxi
3 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

The biggest positive for me with this choice is that it indicates the relationship between Stendel and Naismith is going well.

And I assume Stendel is reassured about Naismith’s fitness.

All positive for me. Big validation of Naismith from Stendel.

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The bigger issue is ... who is going to be the deputy captain?

Souttar named.

1 hour ago, TheSandpit said:

Why select a Captain who's hardly going to be fit/play? 

Odd choice really. 

Thing is, Levein allowed him to train on his own at home. I may be way off the mark but I would guess that contributed to half of his injuries. Not properly conditioned.

Now hes back training full-time with the squad and has the captaincy so he will have extra responsibilities. That will drive him on.

I think we will see a much different Naismith for the remainder of the season.

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thing is, Levein allowed him to train on his own at home. I may be way off the mark but I would guess that contributed to half of his injuries. Not properly conditioned.

Now hes back training full-time with the squad and has the captaincy so he will have extra responsibilities. That will drive him on.

This. 

Despite his fitness concerns it’s the correct appointment. 

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

Welcome aboard sandpit.

And other forms of Vermin

Liking the cut of his jib.

“I’m delighted that the manager has decided to make me club captain. 

“It’s a big thing for me but the bigger thing is that results need to change and change quickly. 

“I’ll be proud to lead this team out and with a dressing room full of motivated players, and the tremendous backing from the fans, I’m confident we can turn this situation around and get back to winning games.”

Don't forget the Scotland games he will be eager to be involved in which is an incentive to keep himself in form and fit.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't forget the Scotland games he will be eager to be involved in which is an incentive to keep himself in form and fit.

True.

I'm starting to think that the winter break has been good for us, Stendel and the players. No pressure games to play and a chance to "re-group" and shake off some injuries and get rid of the negative influences in the dressing room.

I am genuinely looking forward to the run-in now. Naismith feels like a new signing.

Mon the Hearts!

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think Steven Naismith's bad luck with injury is about to change 

Let's hope so!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If there was ever an ideal manager for Naismith  then that man is Daniel Stendal. A manager and captain that have the same vision on how the game should be played. 

Think Naismith will play even better now. How many times do you see him press the opposition then turn around to see that all our other players have retreated into their own half. 

From part time player to captain. Think he'll thrive. 👍

The Thread Title needs to be edited. Naismith has been appointed Club Captain. It makes a difference he’s not just Captain on the park. 

Steven Naismith has been named as Heart of Midlothian’s new club captain.

Manager Daniel Stendel has picked the vastly experienced Scotland forward to be his leader, with John Souttar vice captain, and Naisy will now wear the armband as the Jambos enter into a new era.

Speaking to the heartsfc.co.uk about his new role, Naisy said: “I’m delighted that the manager has decided to make me club captain. 

“It’s a big thing for me but the bigger thing is that results need to change and change quickly. 

“I’ll be proud to lead this team out and with a dressing room full of motivated players, and the tremendous backing from the fans, I’m confident we can turn this situation around and get back to winning games.”

True.

I'm starting to think that the winter break has been good for us, Stendel and the players. No pressure games to play and a chance to "re-group" and shake off some injuries and get rid of the negative influences in the dressing room.

I am genuinely looking forward to the run-in now. Naismith feels like a new signing.

Mon the Hearts!

Agreed 👍

3 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The Thread Title needs to be edited. Naismith has been appointed Club Captain. It makes a difference he’s not just Captain on the park. 

Steven Naismith has been named as Heart of Midlothian’s new club captain.

Manager Daniel Stendel has picked the vastly experienced Scotland forward to be his leader, with John Souttar vice captain, and Naisy will now wear the armband as the Jambos enter into a new era.

Speaking to the heartsfc.co.uk about his new role, Naisy said: “I’m delighted that the manager has decided to make me club captain. 

‘mon the Naisy! 

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. But what if Stendel had told Naismith, Souttar and Smith to find other clubs. Would you have thought the same?

There are always fans who see the negative side. It's never going to change. Just ignore it. And remember that in some cases they just might end up being right. ;)

And I say that as someone who is 100% behind Stendel.

I always get the feeling that this is why they do it - same as betting against your own team. You win if you are right , and you are happy if you are wrong.

48 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I didn't suggest it was, but you carry on slavering pish!

Hardly slavering pish. All i said was the captaincy has been stripped from someone because he isn't going to get game time. Then given to someone who hasn't had any game time and probably isn't going to stay fit based on his record so far.

Really can't understand the seethe. You'd think after the last 3 years we'd have toughened up as a fan base from all the shit we get from the media. This shows otherwise.