Today’s presser.

gordiegords

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Presser.  :facepalm:

I think the day my dad got his first Corby may just have been one of the most meaningful happenings in his life.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• Forza Cuore

2 hours ago, Suddenly it is a rout said:

He is slowly morphing into Alan Brazil

That was the same thought i had the second I saw the pic 👏🏻👏🏻 Wellplayed 😂

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Brian McLaughlin never got over JJ departing.

Looks like he turned to an exclusive diet of pies and whisky about the same time. 

He isnt the only one 😏

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I think they like Stendel but will only start admitting it when he gets results 

They have a strange way of saying it.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, sadj said:

That was the same thought i had the second I saw the pic 👏🏻👏🏻 Wellplayed 😂

He isnt the only one 😏

😉

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The absolute witch hunt against Stendel by the media, by the players and coaches who every single fan can see they weren't good enough, and I get the feeling by the poison who still remain at the club, is utterly disgusting! 

I hope we sing Stendel's name loud and clear on Saturday in support of the man, he's come in and done exactly what needs to be done and we need to back him and show that we're backing him!  

It is and I’m a little angry at the club too or Budge tbh for not, imo anyway publicly backing him through this shit. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Papa said:

Some Hobo at the Evening Hibbie is releasing a range of old negative  Hearts stories today. Shameless behaviour 

That paper sums those ****ing hibs weirdos up. Honestly its obsessed freaks that follow that shite. 
I honestly don’t care a shite about that mob unless we’re turning them over but they’re absolutely obsessed with Hearts. 
I suppose we should take it as a compliment really. No paper writes anything about them cos barely anybody gives a monkeys.
All about the JT’s tho. 

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

The media’s reaction to Stendel has been interesting. Criticising his every move and yet defending the same experienced and well paid players and coaches that contributed to Heart of Midlothian being 5 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

Also interesting that for the first time in absolutely ages, the fans seem to be completely united in our support of Stendel. And this IMO is all that matters. The media can try and stir up some trouble, but all it is doing is making us get behind Stendel more. So bash on guys.

Its the punted players and coaches stirring up the trouble, the media are just doing their job reporting the story. You gotta read between the lines more to realise whats going on. These failures are trying to protect their rep from damage and possibly restricting future job opportunities. Ultimately Hearts have, over a long period of time, been made to look like a joke by Levein and Co. which again the media have just reported on. Its time to set a new narrative and I like the way Stendel is crystal clear on what he wants and the changes that are needed. Make no mistake there are a great many and youll likely find a few more failures in the press trying to rewrite whats gone on. They full nobody who can read between the lines. 

Stendel deserves all the support he is getting from us - what a guy. Comes across well every time he is interviewed by the usual suspects in the media here. 

Song for Saturday??? 

🎵Doo doo doo doo, Daniel Stendel

Doo doo doo Doo, Daniel Stendel

repeat........

to the tune of (skip to 20 seconds in....):  

Edited by Tyniestemper

Ex member of the SaS

Said at the time we only had Berra's side of it. Now it's clear, bitterness caused Berra to stray from the truth. 

SpruceBringsteen
3 hours ago, gordiegords said:

oh and why does Brian mcglauchlan (spelling) always sound so negative when it comes to hearts. Few time’s now I see stendel let’s put a big sigh after he asks a question.

Because every second the fat **** is actually having to work rather than standing about the golf club being an absolute bore is hell to him.

2 hours ago, primrose said:

BMc is very much a Jambo, he is also a professional though and will ask the questions that he has to ask... good or bad.

You will see him in attendance at just about every Hearts game or function when he is not working.

PHM

He's your mate eh? 

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

It is and I’m a little angry at the club too or Budge tbh for not, imo anyway publicly backing him through this shit. 

Her silence has been deafening, she needs to piss off as well mate. 

I was impressed with how Stendel handled the line of questioning. 

75% of it was just going over old ground. Almost all of it was aimed at trying to get a negative story out of the club.

It was a bit of a waste of the managers time. 

Edited by Manny1874

PhoenixHearts
36 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

It was a bit of a waste of the managers time. 

Absolutely.

Press conference backdrop all decked out with William Hill Scottish Cup logos, yet we get 14 minutes of inane, irrelevant, circular repetitive pish from Pumba, then with less than a minute left at the end we get one question about the game "what do you think about Airdrie?"

Infuriating tbh.

Салатные палочки

Stendel on the Nine on BBC Scotland tonight at.....em......9 I think. 

11 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Any update on Hickey and Smith in DS presser today from those who have Hearts TV?

Hickey won’t be playing but smith has been training. 

Hickey will be rested, Smith may be available, but hints someone else may take his place.

Thinks Donis is ready to play

Daniel has quickly sussed McLaughlin out - trying to put words in his mouth and Daniel telling him he did not say that

Jamie Brandon confirmed as still injured

Edited by BelgeJambo

Just now, BelgeJambo said:

Hickey will be rested, Smith may be available, but hints someone else may take his place.

Daniel has quickly sussed McLaughlin out - trying to put words in his mouth and Daniel telling him he did not say that

McLaughlin was embarrassing trying to make out DS wasn't impressed with Smith in training.

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, BelgeJambo said:

Good, clear as day he's not the type to pander about and be a media puppet

6 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Good, clear as day he's not the type to pander about and be a media puppet

I think DS has quickly developed a dislike for that Moose Prick

Tenaciousdandy
2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

I think DS has quickly developed a dislike for that Moose Prick

Don't blame him, he obviously doesn't suffer fools lightly, and treats disrespect with the distain it deserves 

highlandjambo3

McLaughlin also saying “Sean Clare out tomorrow suspended”......eh was that a question or a statement of fact, DS should have answered “you are correct” and nothing else.  DS did mention “power player”...........I’m going to like that term.

A4AF50A7-21AF-48F8-8689-C772DEF083B1.jpeg

50 minutes ago, DC_HMFC said:

McLaughlin was embarrassing trying to make out DS wasn't impressed with Smith in training.

Having watched the whole thing - I’m not sure what Stendel was getting at regarding Smith. I think it was ambiguous and can’t really criticise the BBC guy for following up.  It certainly wasn’t unqualified praise for Smith.

11 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Having watched the whole thing - I’m not sure what Stendel was getting at regarding Smith. I think it was ambiguous and can’t really criticise the BBC guy for following up.  It certainly wasn’t unqualified praise for Smith.

Quite honestly I think he was talking about a different player. It didn't make sense. He seemed to be talking about someone who has been training but not getting into the team like Aidy White. Will need to watch it again!

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Quite honestly I think he was talking about a different player. It didn't make sense. He seemed to be talking about someone who has been training but not getting into the team like Aidy White. Will need to watch it again!

What did he say? 

Tenaciousdandy
18 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

4 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Any way of posting the interview on here?

StevenNaismith

I’ve watched the video 3 times now and I still can’t decide if DS is having a pop at Smith or not. Mentions about him not training the first week and some are training better etc.

SpruceBringsteen

Can confirm from the mouth of a well known media man at the conference - Stendel didn't mean Smith, he confirmed this afterwards. It won't take a long mental journey to guess who he meant.

Robert Borthwick has cleared it up on Twitter - he was talking about Jamie Walker. Just a language barrier thing because the German word for Jamie Walker is Michäel Smïth.

22 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve watched the video 3 times now and I still can’t decide if DS is having a pop at Smith or not. Mentions about him not training the first week and some are training better etc.

He was talking about Jamie Walker in reply to the question about Smith. Must have got them mixed up.

2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Robert Borthwick has cleared it up on Twitter - he was talking about Jamie Walker. Just a language barrier thing because the German word for Jamie Walker is Michäel Smïth.

I was watching a training video recently and I’m almost certain he calls Andy Irving Jamie! 

100% he says Jamie and I couldn’t see Walker anywhere. Must be like training with yer auld da! 😂

9 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

🤣

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Jamie Walker's Hearts career has had the countdown timer applied then, publicly.

Either wakey-wakey....or enjoy the next stage of his career at Livingston.

The players who are hanging around while we wait for them to find some form aren’t going to be hanging around too long imo. 

7 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I was watching a training video recently and I’m almost certain he calls Andy Irving Jamie! 

100% he says Jamie and I couldn’t see Walker anywhere. Must be like training with yer auld da! 😂

He shouted “Jamie concentrate” 

13 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

😂😂

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Jamie Walker's Hearts career has had the countdown timer applied then, publicly.

Doubt Livi would take the sloth. Jamie -  Im to cool so I slow the game right down the minute I get the ball.

Fire_At_The_Disco
16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Agreed, he’s had a shit attitude since he came back. I reckon DS has him sussed. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'd say not. His Wigan "career" will have made him some money though.

Don't think Rangers would want him anymore, but others would have him if the price was right.

He's got one option now. He showed application before his injury in fairness. Hope he's not suffering love-sickness from Levein going, as that's not worked out terribly well for a few already.

Just such a shame if he doesn’t put the effort in. Won’t be the first to screw his career up because he can’t be arsed I suppose. Hopeful he’ll screw the nut. 

I don't think he was talking about Smith (I hope not) as the player he was talking about didn't start on Saturday whereas Michael Smith did.  It was very confusing though and my jaw dropped when I thought he was basically publicly criticising Michael Smith's attitude 

On 16/01/2020 at 13:22, Carl Weathers said:

I think Brian McLaughlin is a Hearts fan. Sure I read that on here.

Is he not a Dundee Utd fan ? Pretty sure I heard him say that on the radio in recent months...

August Landmesser
6 minutes ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

Is he not a Dundee Utd fan ? Pretty sure I heard him say that on the radio in recent months...

Are you thinking of Brian Taylor, the BBC Scotland political journo?