Today’s presser.

gordiegords

Hearts tv only showing 20 seconds of it, can anyone report what was said?

oh and why does Brian mcglauchlan (spelling) always sound so negative when it comes to hearts. Few time’s now I see stendel let’s put a big sigh after he asks a question.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Morgan

• Mikey1874

• Forza Cuore

Suddenly it is a rout

Arse & Ring both acceptable answers. He's just desperate to upset the apple cart and get his round puss in DS face. He wouldn't dare give those questions to his pal Craig.

DS handled himself impeccably and is focused on the job at hand.

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The text:

Hearts boss Stendel responds to criticism from Berra, Daly and Whelan

HEARTS manager Daniel Stendel has defended his approach to his January clear-out amid criticism from past and present employees.

Jambos captain Christophe Berra, Jake Mulraney and Craig Wighton have been told to find new clubs and train with the reserves after Republic of Ireland midfielder Glenn Whelan had his contract terminated.

Stendel was slammed for treatment of Hearts captain BerraCredit: Willie Vass - The Sun
Whelan branded the club "amateurish" over the manner of his departure and accused Stendel of "throwing him under a bus" following public criticism.

Berra felt there was a lack of respect about the way he was treated, while striker Aidan Keena revealed former boss Craig Levein told him about his move to Hartlepool rather than Stendel.

The recently-departed Jon Daly also branded Stendel "embarrassing" after the German claimed Andy Kirk was the only coach he trusted to work with him.

Stendel - who hopes to make a signing before Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup clash with Airdrie - said: "With Christophe I can say I tried my best to handle it and maybe some decisions look a little bit difficult. But I have a short time to do things.

"Other decisions, I have no bad talk with Jon Daly. I can explain a lot of things, but I feel I do the best for this club.

"Honestly, I have not really heard what Glenn Whelan said, I have not heard what Jon Daly said.

“I hear a lot of things saying it was bad but nobody talked with me, and in our situation we are doing everything OK with Jon Daly and Glenn Whelan and I spoke with Christophe Berra.

"I understand his situation but I hope he understands our situation.

"The first half of the season was not good and we need to change things."

Berra was "hurt and angry" after being banished to the reserves two days after his wedding.

Stendel said: "I know everything he has done for this club and we give him respect and we also want to give him the chance to find his best way.

"He is the skipper, well he was the skipper in this team, he is an experienced player, but the feeling is he won't play so much in the second half of the season.

"What can I do? Well, I can speak with him and give him the chance to decide what is the best.

“He is experienced enough to say 'I want to play, I want to do this'. This is what we tried to do with him.

"In the end it's his decision, I gave him the chance to think about this and he wants to do it."

Stendel added: "We cannot bring players in when we have so many players but we hope very soon we have a new player coming in.

"We cannot train with 25-26 players, it's too much.

"It maybe looks bad from the outside but we try to give every player respect and find the best way for both sides.

"You will find in every club, every decision, it's not really the case that both sides are happy but we want the best for Hearts."

When asked how many players he would like to bring in, the former Barnsley boss said: "There is so much we need to improve."

However, the German does not want to lose Aaron Hickey amid reports that AC Milan are interested in the 17-year-old left-back.

Stendel said: "It's good when our player, especially in our situation, can play so well that other clubs are interested.

“This is our way for the future, but at the moment we look at what we can do here.

"We want to keep all the players that we need and this is 100 per cent Hickey."

Just now, Forza Cuore said:

One sprays shite around, the other writes it for a living.

Not sure which is which.

Screenshot_20200116-125647_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200116-125517_Twitter.jpg

That picture is in black and white as he's a face like a Ribena berry.  Total arrogant FUD.

12 minutes ago, kila said:

The text:

A lot of words but not much being said really. 

Personally, as the petty football fan that I am, I would have preferred Stendel to have slated the lot of them, maybe bar Berra. Or maybe just have held up a massive, laminated photograph of the league table and pointed to Hearts and said “this is all the explanation and clarity any of them need”

Stendel being a bigger man though and likely just wants to move past it but I’m sick of all this talk from the guys told to leave. They’ve helped Levein tie the clubs shoelaces together and now they’re putting the boot in while we lie on the ground, then we’ll get up and pay them for the pleasure. Knobs. 

Bring on Saturday and hopefully a good performance and score line can help us kick on a bit. 

Edited by Squirt

The Old Tolbooth

The absolute witch hunt against Stendel by the media, by the players and coaches who every single fan can see they weren't good enough, and I get the feeling by the poison who still remain at the club, is utterly disgusting! 

I hope we sing Stendel's name loud and clear on Saturday in support of the man, he's come in and done exactly what needs to be done and we need to back him and show that we're backing him!  

Barry Anderson expressing support possibly even admiration for the way Stendel is clearing up mess left by others. It's on Twitter can't do links on my phone.

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The absolute witch hunt against Stendel by the media, by the players and coaches who every single fan can see they weren't good enough, and I get the feeling by the poison who still remain at the club, is utterly disgusting! 

I hope we sing Stendel's name loud and clear on Saturday in support of the man, he's come in and done exactly what needs to be done and we need to back him and show that we're backing him!  

Daniel stendel maroon and white army 🇱🇻 

6 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The more they witch hunt, the more it galvanises us behind Stendel. FBM

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Brian McLaughlin has been ok with Hearts over the years, but some of his mates are on their way out, some loyalty I suppose.

Stendel is handling it fine, I don't think he needs any help to be honest, cool customer, saying and doing all the right things. 10/10 Herr Stendel.

Scottish media though, what a bunch of parochial clowns :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I think Brian McLaughlin is a Hearts fan. Sure I read that on here.

Unfortunately has the typical look of a weegie mouthpiece . (Green or blue). 

So Stendel explained to Berra he wasnt going to play much for the rest of the season. He gave him the choice of what he would like to do next?

Berra said he wasnt going to hang around.

He is free to look for another club

Seems fairly straight forward to me. Can't see why all the fuss from our fantastic Scottish football media!

Even regarding Keena saying he hadn't spoke to Stendel about his situation, it was Levein who told him he could leave. Aye, Levein is the Director of Football at the club and I imagine that is his job. So again, what is the issue?

Stendel must hate our reporters / media up here!

25 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Not sure which is which.

No animals were harmed taking the black and white photo 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, 5tubo1 said:

Except the ones that were eaten

BMc is very much a Jambo, he is also a professional though and will ask the questions that he has to ask... good or bad.

You will see him in attendance at just about every Hearts game or function when he is not working.

PHM

5 minutes ago, 5tubo1 said:

Aye but I bet a few were scared shitless when they saw it.

The media’s reaction to Stendel has been interesting. Criticising his every move and yet defending the same experienced and well paid players and coaches that contributed to Heart of Midlothian being 5 points adrift at the bottom of the table.

Also interesting that for the first time in absolutely ages, the fans seem to be completely united in our support of Stendel. And this IMO is all that matters. The media can try and stir up some trouble, but all it is doing is making us get behind Stendel more. So bash on guys.

28 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The absolute witch hunt against Stendel by the media

It was always going to be the way.

...a bit disco

Brian McLaughlin never got over JJ departing.

Looks like he turned to an exclusive diet of pies and whisky about the same time. 

41 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

Not sure which is which.

I can see one is a hippo but I am curious as to what species the other one may be. The skull resembles that of a primate taxonomy, but note the nipple just above the neckline, perhaps a primitive udder? 

babertonjambo
14 minutes ago, primrose said:

BMc is very much a Jambo, he is also a professional though and will ask the questions that he has to ask... good or bad.

You will see him in attendance at just about every Hearts game or function when he is not working.

PHM

He may be a PHM but I have just listened to the Press Conference and his aggressive tone towards DS was a disgrace.  DS has handled the press superbly so far which is all the more remarkable given English is not his strongest language! 

I doubt the media have it in for Stendel tbh.

But it’s January and not a lot to write about other than us so it makes sense for them to keep it going.

Bad news sells better than good news.........

He said right at the start that there is a player he is looking to sign training with us today.  

edit.   My mistake.   I misunderstood his broken English.    I thought he said we have another player training with us today.   On listening again I think he actually says.  We have not a player training with us.   

Edited by JAMBO.LOU

B Mc never has a good thing to say about us and his questioning of DS since he arrived certainly doesnt show him to be a 'PMH'. Was he not the leader in the questions about Barnsley during the first press conference?  I'm sure he isn't, but he just comes across thick.

His (questionable) style of questioning stinks of someone with an agenda behind him or sour grapes!

1 hour ago, Forza Cuore said:

Not sure which is which.

One is very good, agriculturally speaking.  The other speaks agriculturally.

highlandjambo3

“There’s only one Daniel Stendel”...........is what I want to hear sung from stands on Saturday.......

The weegia can go and pap shite at the moon, I’m sure DS has been well briefed up on their love affair with the cheeks and, no other club has any relevance outside the cheeks, I’m sure DS has their cards marked already.  It would be great if he answered one of their questions in German then took the piss in German cos they didn’t understand......with his hair unkempt of course. 😄

59 minutes ago, JAMBO.LOU said:

He said right at the start that there is a player he is looking to sign training with us today.  

edit.   My mistake.   I misunderstood his broken English.    I thought he said we have another player training with us today.   On listening again I think he actually says.  We have not a player training with us.   

Think you were right the first time.

Sounds like he said "we signed someone, he trained with us today and I hope we can announce soon"

Also later says he isn't sure of timing rules but should have someone in before Aidrie game but maybe not in time to play

Where about is this media witch-hunt against our manager?  Thought the interviews today are positive and let our manager give his side of the story in a positive manner.  Cathro got it well tighter than Danny has.  Win games of football shut everyone up.  

2 hours ago, kila said:

The text:

HEARTS manager Daniel Stendel has defended his approach to his January clear-out amid criticism from past and present employees.

Jambos captain Christophe Berra, Jake Mulraney and Craig Wighton have been told to find new clubs and train with the reserves after Republic of Ireland midfielder Glenn Whelan had his contract terminated.

Stendel was slammed for treatment of Hearts captain BerraCredit: Willie Vass - The Sun
Whelan branded the club "amateurish" over the manner of his departure and accused Stendel of "throwing him under a bus" following public criticism.

Berra felt there was a lack of respect about the way he was treated, while striker Aidan Keena revealed former boss Craig Levein told him about his move to Hartlepool rather than Stendel.

The recently-departed Jon Daly also branded Stendel "embarrassing" after the German claimed Andy Kirk was the only coach he trusted to work with him.

Stendel - who hopes to make a signing before Saturday's William Hill Scottish Cup clash with Airdrie - said: "With Christophe I can say I tried my best to handle it and maybe some decisions look a little bit difficult. But I have a short time to do things.

"Other decisions, I have no bad talk with Jon Daly. I can explain a lot of things, but I feel I do the best for this club.

"Honestly, I have not really heard what Glenn Whelan said, I have not heard what Jon Daly said.

“I hear a lot of things saying it was bad but nobody talked with me, and in our situation we are doing everything OK with Jon Daly and Glenn Whelan and I spoke with Christophe Berra.

"I understand his situation but I hope he understands our situation.

"The first half of the season was not good and we need to change things."

Berra was "hurt and angry" after being banished to the reserves two days after his wedding.

Stendel said: "I know everything he has done for this club and we give him respect and we also want to give him the chance to find his best way.

"He is the skipper, well he was the skipper in this team, he is an experienced player, but the feeling is he won't play so much in the second half of the season.

"What can I do? Well, I can speak with him and give him the chance to decide what is the best.

“He is experienced enough to say 'I want to play, I want to do this'. This is what we tried to do with him.

"In the end it's his decision, I gave him the chance to think about this and he wants to do it."

Stendel added: "We cannot bring players in when we have so many players but we hope very soon we have a new player coming in.

"We cannot train with 25-26 players, it's too much.

"It maybe looks bad from the outside but we try to give every player respect and find the best way for both sides.

"You will find in every club, every decision, it's not really the case that both sides are happy but we want the best for Hearts."

When asked how many players he would like to bring in, the former Barnsley boss said: "There is so much we need to improve."

However, the German does not want to lose Aaron Hickey amid reports that AC Milan are interested in the 17-year-old left-back.

Stendel said: "It's good when our player, especially in our situation, can play so well that other clubs are interested.

“This is our way for the future, but at the moment we look at what we can do here.

"We want to keep all the players that we need and this is 100 per cent Hickey."

Great interview. 

3 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Think you were right the first time.

Sounds like he said "we signed someone, he trained with us today and I hope we can announce soon"

Also later says he isn't sure of timing rules but should have someone in before Aidrie game but maybe not in time to play

I have now listened so many times I can’t decide what he says.  I did hear the later comments about Scottish rules meaning if they sign someone today they may not play on Saturday.   However watching the videos from today’s training I don’t see anyone New