Hearts fans in Lanzarote?

Fudder74

A lot of pubs show Scottish games. Not sure if there’s somewhere jambo’s go though. Funnily enough I fly out tomorrow too but just a holiday for me. Best of luck with your move. 

Nucky Thompson

I'm going over on the 2nd of February for a fortnight to PDC. 

There is a Jambo who owns a bar in Costa Teguise, I've been there a couple of times. It's called Flintstones bar

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm going over on the 2nd of February for a fortnight to PDC. 

There is a Jambo who owns a bar in Costa Teguise, I've been there a couple of times. It's called Flintstones bar

He had a bar in Ayia Napa with the same name, if I’m not mistaken.  Huge Jambo.

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Morgan said:

Never knew that mate. His name is Scott?

Cheers guys. It’s easy to find places to watch the Scottish games. It would be nice to watch them without the inevitable full strip arsecheek ****s.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

Yep, sounds right, I think.

I was last in Cyprus about 17 years ago, not a sober holiday!

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Hope Hanna-Barbera/Warner Bros. are aware of this flagrant plagiarism & copyright theft.

Barbera was a bit tasty,

Hanna?  Not so.

25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

There is a bar in Paphos called that as well.

Hawaiian Bar Puerto Del Carmen on the sea front, €1.50( happy hour) has a few TV’s & will show whatever game you request. 
or the American Indian bar restaurant will do the same if you ask.

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

Was in it last year. Will be in it again this year too.

Ignored the copyright infringement though, as drinks prices were very reasonable.

It's been there for at least 25 years. Lawyers not caught up with them yet.

25 minutes ago, HoChiMinter said:

Self respecting Jambos don't holiday in the ****ing Canaries 

It’s no a holiday.

i’ll be working.

Honest. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

He used to be an electrician by trade. I’ve worked beside him on a few jobs and I played amateur football with him about 30 years ago. He’s a good Jambo. 

jambo-in-furness

This is good news, I’m in costa Teguise in April, and a Jambos retreat is a much desired watering hole for the post split.

jambo-in-furness
1 hour ago, HoChiMinter said:

WHOOSH

why not?

Салатные палочки
6 hours ago, HoChiMinter said:

:wtfvlad:

8 hours ago, Fudder74 said:

I move out there tomorrow. Is there a pub where we gather to watch the games?

Popeyes in playa Blanca think it was on of the bar staff that was a Jambo has a signed K Kyle shirt on the wall

couple of years ago right enough 

5 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

He used to be an electrician by trade. I’ve worked beside him on a few jobs and I played amateur football with him about 30 years ago. He’s a good Jambo. 

Scott Proudfoot

He was an apprentice spark when I was an apprentice joiner worked on loads of jobs at same time. He and his Mrs were into the soul in the sun thing. Not heard from Scott in ages good guy big jambo

Yes scotty proudfoot. My son was over there a few years ago on holiday and got talking to him. When he heard he was from Edinburgh and mentioned his name, he asked if he was any relation to myself as I don’t have a common surname. When he found out he was my son then they had a few drunken nights. Great lad is Scottie boy 

8 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

This is good news, I’m in costa Teguise in April, and a Jambos retreat is a much desired watering hole for the post split.

Me too- see you there!

Been living in Matagorda (near Puerto del Carmen) for the last 5 years. The Sportsman in Matagorda Centre shows televised Hearts games as the owner Anthony keeps an eye on when they are playing for me. Sadly I’m usually the only one watching them. By contrast he never tends to show Rangers or Celtic games (unless they are playing Hearts).

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Yes scotty proudfoot. My son was over there a few years ago on holiday and got talking to him. When he heard he was from Edinburgh and mentioned his name, he asked if he was any relation to myself as I don’t have a common surname. When he found out he was my son then they had a few drunken nights. Great lad is Scottie boy 

True, not many people called Hardhat!

2 hours ago, russ said:

Been living in Matagorda (near Puerto del Carmen) for the last 5 years. The Sportsman in Matagorda Centre shows televised Hearts games as the owner Anthony keeps an eye on when they are playing for me. Sadly I’m usually the only one watching them. By contrast he never tends to show Rangers or Celtic games (unless they are playing Hearts).

Is that the place above the Spar?

If it is nice wee bar, and a nice guy too.

You can probably ask any pub in Puerto del Carmen to stick on a Scottish game and they'll find it.

For definite -  The lad from Paisley who works in The Rendevous Bar will happily put on any game for you, as well the bar staff in the Snug Bar next door. They have all the games online streaming / kodi boxes etc

Edited by OmiyaHearts

1 hour ago, primrose said:

Is that the place above the Spar?

If it is nice wee bar, and a nice guy too.

No. The other side of the square. Next to Casa Kike restaurant. 

9 hours ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Is that where he is!  I was talking about him recently in chat about football from years ago. I played with Scott at North Merchiston 21s in the 90s. 

If it’s the same Scott, im sure it was his Dad that had the Ye Olde Inn at Davidson Mains?

21 hours ago, Fudder74 said:

I move out there tomorrow. Is there a pub where we gather to watch the games?

Alternatively you could sign up for Hearts Tv. 

It works out a tenner a month if you take out a yearly package. 

You get all the home games, all the televised games from Bt and sky and also we have a tie in with Aberdeen tv, Motherwell tv and a few others. 

Monies all go go to the Hearts 💕 win , win.

only downside you have to listen to Laurie dunsire and Jimmy Sandison... only joking Jimmy if your reading this 😀

Im in Lanzarote at the mo touring around all the smaller resorts and towns. Heading back next week thou .

Where are you going to be based ? 

Get round the Cesar Manrique sites if you haven’t already ,

Arrecife is also a great place 

you’ ll love out here 🇱🇻

Edited by novoman

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Is that where he is!  I was talking about him recently in chat about football from years ago. I played with Scott at North Merchiston 21s in the 90s. 

If it’s the same Scott, im sure it was his Dad that had the Ye Olde Inn at Davidson Mains?

Dont think it is.

Scott proudfoot is around my age so we we would be playing 21s in the 80s 

11 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

Dont think it is.

Scott proudfoot is around my age so we we would be playing 21s in the 80s 

Ah right, I thought with the boozer link it was the one I knew.  

It was around 1993 I played fitbaw with the Scott I knew 👍🏻

On 15/01/2020 at 22:56, sac said:

Hawaiian Bar Puerto Del Carmen on the sea front, €1.50( happy hour) has a few TV’s & will show whatever game you request. 
or the American Indian bar restaurant will do the same if you ask.

Yes,I was in a bar in CT It was showing a english game,asked the barman to switch to watch the Hearts game,no problem.