The huddle

Hairdryer

I liked the huddle when we did it before but I wouldn't bring it back.

A twirly before each game I'm for. As the teams walk out. Need to get everyone behind I though. Even the 'lesser' games.

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts used to do a huddle before games 2005/2006 season. 

Remember the players doing a huddle after beating Hibs 4-0 in the semi final in 2006.

Why does everything have to revolve around Celtic and The Rangers ? 

Some posters appear to hate Celtic more than they support Hearts. 

Yeh, we did it fleetingly. Less than one season in a 145 year existence. 

In Scottish football it's associated with Celtic. It's been associated with Celtic since the mid nineties. It's now acknowledged as a Celtic tradition.

Why the **** would anyone want to encourage and endorse a Hearts team taking up this very Celticy act and try to make it their own? We have our own history and tradition that to my mind would compete and surpass any other football club on planet earth (I'm biased).

Stick your "Huddle" clean up your arse!

Thanks 👍

47 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Hearts used to do a huddle before games 2005/2006 season. 

Remember the players doing a huddle after beating Hibs 4-0 in the semi final in 2006.

Why does everything have to revolve around Celtic and The Rangers ? 

Some posters appear to hate Celtic more than they support Hearts. 

Edited by JyTees
Double post, although I don't mind doing it twice!

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

When Meshino scored against Aberdeen they got the whole team involved in the celebration. A huddle before the game could be similar.

For Celtic the huddle unites the players, galvanises the support and riles the opposition. Why wouldn't we want to do the same?

Happy to nick anything from anyone if it helps Hearts... and if it annoys them even better!

Didn't Celtic nick the huddle off us?  And once they started it we stopped doing it.  Maybe I am wrong but that is kinda how I remember it panning out

1 minute ago, jamboiain13 said:

Didn't Celtic nick the huddle off us?  And once they started it we stopped doing it.  Maybe I am wrong but that is kinda how I remember it panning out

St Mirren were first, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huddle, although given that it's Wikipedia and editable by anyone, who knows.

The huddle was created in 1894 according to the above article at a US school for deaf and hard-of-hearing students so that similar schools could not see their hand signals during American football matches.

3 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Was wondering what anyone’s opinion is on bringing back the huddle i

remember we had it about 2005 season for a few years which never did any 

harm

You’ll be asking for maroon shorts next! 🙈

39 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

They did it before us

Bazzas right boot

Every team in the league should do it. 

Take it away from the dirty *******s from Glasgow. 

They steal everything, ynwa was never there's and somehow the hijacked the huddle exclusively for them, then they taken the ponzan. 

Arseholes. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every team in the league should do it. 

Take it away from the dirty *******s from Glasgow. 

They steal everything, ynwa was never there's and somehow the hijacked the huddle exclusively for them, then they taken the ponzan. 

Arseholes. 

Thiers. 

They. 

😭😭

Everything the ***** do is copied.

YNWA

The Poznan

The huddle

That stupid light on mobile phone thing at CL night games

The whole political banner thing the revolting Green brigade do

Palestine flags

Che Guevara banners

ETA/Basque bollocks

The hoops

Make no mistake, the next wankfest of a fad the big boys do in the CL this year will be taken on by these terrorist supporting ***** in sheer desperation to show the world they are relevant.

21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Everything the ***** do is copied.

YNWA

The Poznan

The huddle

That stupid light on mobile phone thing at CL night games

The whole political banner thing the revolting Green brigade do

Palestine flags

Che Guevara banners

ETA/Basque bollocks

The hoops

Make no mistake, the next wankfest of a fad the big boys do in the CL this year will be taken on by these terrorist supporting ***** in sheer desperation to show the world they are relevant.

Oh the irony.

The Treasurer

Not saying we should or shouldn't do it but saying it's an exclusive sellik thing is bullshit.

Plenty of clubs in England do it.

sellik have just done what they always do, taken an existing song/action and claimed it as their own

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

A twirly before each game I'm for. As the teams walk out. Need to get everyone behind I though. Even the 'lesser' games.

Whether we started it previously or not, it will be viewed as copying a cheek.......no matter where it’s origins came from, the cheeks view is “it’s there’s”. 

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Can we start crossing ourselves coming on to the pitch too?

Many of our players already do mate.  Hope you don't lose sleep over it.

Brining the Hearts huddle back would be class. The 4 or 5 simpletons that think it can only be associated with Celtic would combust in rage. 

If the players don't want to huddle, perhaps a Hearts Haka would be good...

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Brining the Hearts huddle back would be class. The 4 or 5 simpletons that think it can only be associated with Celtic would combust in rage. 

It can't only be associated with Celtic, but it very much is associated with Celtic. 

20 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

It's regarded as a Celtic thing in Scotland. Not just by simpletons but by everyone.

I'd be up for a haka likes.

We could change the name to something catchy like ‘the grouping of our team to receive a motivational gee up from the captain prior to kick off’ that would surely make it exclusively ours?

Just now, Rudy T said:

We could change the name to something catchy like ‘the grouping of our team to receive a motivational gee up from the captain prior to kick off’ that would surely make it exclusively ours?

They could all remain upright and get in close enough for THE CUDDLE. Cuddles beat huddles.

I can’t understand why so many Hearts fans let the ugly sisters dictate what they do and nobody else should.

I don’t think we should do it )don’t like it) but get a grip and stand up to them. No songs or anything else belong to them.

Have no opinion on this  if this helps the team focus before kick off and start well then great !  if it's a distraction for the players then no ,

The references to what other teams seems  a bit small team and obsessive.

Huddle's were not invented by Celtic let's not afford them that Credit !

I would be delighted if look at all the small winning habits that Celtic and other teams use and adopt  ourselves if it works -  why not ? 

We may hate them but there is not disputing they do winning better than anyone over the last decade .

I haven't heard anyone complain when we score a last minute goal that it's a 'Celtic thing' ?

The season we did use it was probably our most successful in the last 30 years 

May be a small detail but many games are won by fine margins !

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Can we start crossing ourselves coming on to the pitch too?

We already have players who do this. We've also had some who do Islamic prayers. 

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

Have no opinion on this  if this helps the team focus before kick off and start well then great !  if it's a distraction for the players then no ,

I would be delighted if look at all the small winning habits that Celtic and other teams use and adopt  ourselves if it works -  why not ? 

We may hate them but there is not disputing they do winning better than anyone over the last decade .

I haven't heard anyone complain when we score a last minute goal that it's a 'Celtic thing' ?

Having far better players and a budget that would feed half of Africa makes them win things, not a daft 20 second huddle before games. 

56 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Many of our players already do mate.  Hope you don't lose sleep over it.

:seething:

21 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

We already have players who do this. We've also had some who do Islamic prayers. 

Well at least they are looking in the direction of something 5 times per day as they certainly have not been looking in the direction of the opposition goal.

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

It can't only be associated with Celtic, but it very much is associated with Celtic. 

For once, I find myself in agreement with Forever Hearts.

Not only that, but I think it's manky anyway. There's too much touchy feely going on with modern sportspeople. Feck sake, just get on with the game, there's no need to be doing high fives, fist bumps, or otherwise touching your team mates during a professional sports match (apart from physical contact sports of course). Bah humbug!

17 hours ago, luckydug said:

Dont you know nobody else is allowed to do the huddle. 

It belongs exclusively to Celtic. 

Just as we are not allowed to enjoy 'Simply the best' as a song it belongs to Rangers. 

If I had my way we would do both at Tynecastle at the same time. 

Why should the Ugly Sisters be allowed exclusivity on these things. 

Doing a huddle with Simply the Best belting out from the speakers ?

It would be a one size fits all to get under the skin of both sets of the neanderthals.

Would be funny, but probably still a No from me.

The best huddle I have witnessed by "them" is the post 4 - 0 at Tynecastle.

Embarrassing & lead by their wee leprechaun Brendan who left them at the 1st opportunity to chase the cash:lol:, but hey, there is no shame with that lot.

I'm in the "no" category on this one.

16 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Twirlies are the Hearts thing. Problem is not enough people take scarves with them to games anymore so it looks a little pathetic when only a few have them. As for the huddle...Celtic have been doing things for years and claiming it's a Celtic thing. They stole "You'll never walk Alone" from Liverpool in the 80s and in the last decade or so they play "Just can't get enough" by Depeche Mode when they score. Not going to stop listening to Depeche Mode because of these cretins! I find the huddle quite cringeworthy to be honest but...the only time I would want to see it is after a game if we beat them. That would go down nicely, ta, just to wind the fekers up big time! 

I can see the headlines now.....Celtic accuse Hearts of disrespect! Brown and popcorn teeth seething, ah...magic!

As for Simply the best....never liked that song and wouldn't want the Hearts players coming out to that crap. Plus it's sadly linked to the other half of the same arse, Rangers-2012. That would play just nicely into Celtic fans minds seeing as they already think we're wee huns! Wee huns!? I hate Rangers 2012 and the old Glasgow Rangers with as much venom as the other lot. No thanks!

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Twirlies are the Hearts thing. Problem is not enough people take scarves with them to games anymore so it looks a little pathetic when only a few have them. As for the huddle...Celtic have been doing things for years and claiming it's a Celtic thing. They stole "You'll never walk Alone" from Liverpool in the 80s and in the last decade or so they play "Just can't get enough" by Depeche Mode when they score. Not going to stop listening to Depeche Mode because of these cretins! I find the huddle quite cringeworthy to be honest but...the only time I would want to see it is after a game if we beat them. That would go down nicely, ta, just to wind the fekers up big time! 

I can see the headlines now.....Celtic accuse Hearts of disrespect! Brown and popcorn teeth seething, ah...magic!

As for Simply the best....never liked that song and wouldn't want the Hearts players coming out to that crap. Plus it's sadly linked to the other half of the same arse, Rangers-2012. That would play just nicely into Celtic fans minds seeing as they already think we're wee huns! Wee huns!? I hate Rangers 2012 and the old Glasgow Rangers with as much venom as the other lot. No thanks!

Celtic supporters were singing YNWA before the 80s. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, probably more 70s. Wasn't old enough then, only remember the eighties.

6 hours ago, JamboNation said:

:rofl:

Excellent idea,  I also think we should sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" and introduce a Marxist-Leninist geopolitical tifo section

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

i8 re-opens thread...reads this last sentence...

Image result for head exploding gif"

Bridge of Djoum
7 hours ago, redjambo said:

For once, I find myself in agreement with Forever Hearts.

Not only that, but I think it's manky anyway. There's too much touchy feely going on with modern sportspeople. Feck sake, just get on with the game, there's no need to be doing high fives, fist bumps, or otherwise touching your team mates during a professional sports match (apart from physical contact sports of course). Bah humbug!

Make it your last.

14 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

i8 re-opens thread...reads this last sentence...

Image result for head exploding gif"

:lol: 

4 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

As were Hearts fans. 

13 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Dunno why this is bothering you so much.

If it helps team bonding then I'm all for it.

It didn't do us any harm when we did it before.

Remember when we used to sing YNWA and also Hail Hail the Hearts are here.

I nearly forgot It's a Grand old team to play for (which Everton play on tanoy pre match)

They are just football songs which no club has sole rights to.

I might add Liverpool fans have been singing a version of Fields of Athenrye for years.

Edited by luckydug

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Dunno why this is bothering you so much.

If it helps team bonding then I'm all for it.

It didn't do us any harm when we did it before.

Remember when we used to sing YNWA and also Hail Hail the Hearts are here.

I nearly forgot It's a Grand old team to play for (which Everton play on tanoy pre match)

They are just football songs which no club has sole rights to.

I might add Liverpool fans have been singing a version of Fields of Athenrye for years.

Bothers me so much? I couldn't care less as I know Hearts won't be bringing it back. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
On 15/01/2020 at 20:15, Jamhammer said:

Think we should do a haka or maybe a wee German dance in lederhosen

I'd like to see us bring out deckchairs and put towels on them.  Shows who's boss.

On 15/01/2020 at 23:11, redjambo said:

St Mirren were first, according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huddle, although given that it's Wikipedia and editable by anyone, who knows.

The huddle was created in 1894 according to the above article at a US school for deaf and hard-of-hearing students so that similar schools could not see their hand signals during American football matches.

Being  American Football mad as a boy, The Huddle :shouldershrug: