***Official Heart of Midlothian v Airdrie Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, kila said:

Reckon it'll be around 14-15k in total, Airdrie bringing just shy of 2000 I think

👌🏻 Thanks man. Was hoping it'd be a decent crowd for my daughters first game 😉

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• alwaysthereinspirit

3 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

We have lost 4 and drawn 1 under Stendel. Not exactly the most inspiring form to go to any match and we remain bottom of the league 5 points adrift. Many though wed beat St Johnstone at home and Hamilton away. Look how that panned out.

The Scottish Cup is an opportunity for smaller sides to test themselves against better opposition. They are only 2 points of top in their league and have a competent manager in Ian Murray. Not my problem you If you don't like my prediction. 

I can smell you from Bathgate. Fooling nobody 

Fire_At_The_Disco
2 minutes ago, Goz said:

Anyone know roughly how many tickets we've sold for today? 

On the train through. Absokutely buzzing with my daughter. Her first hearts game 😍

Brilliant stuff! She will never look back.

I remember taking my 2 to their first game Hearts v IBV  on a cold midweek night years ago in Europe. My boy now in his mid 20’s is a massive jambo and we enjoy many a pint before the games. 

Enjoy 👍

19 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Hearts don't tend to produce big wins in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup. Had a look back at results on London Hearts and we've only won by more than 2 goals (or over 2.5 or Hearts -2 for those caught up in the betting chat) seven times in the last 20 years. That has included two semifinals and a final (so Hibs twice haha) as well as 3-0 against Aberdeen and St Johnstone and 4-0 against Auchinlek and Stranraer.

Given our issues in front of goal before the winter break my head says tight win for us, my heart says that the new improved post-break Hearts will steamroller then for our biggest cup win of the century.

Interesting to know that wee stat.

Like Rangers beat Stranraer 2-0 last night. Hardly exciting if you're a knuckle drragger but job done, move on.

Wonder if there's a subconscious thing comes into these games where you get ahead by one or two and it's "OK, save energy, play not to get injured".

Could explain why many of our bigger results have been against other top flight teams or later in the comp where you make sure and put teams to the sword. Also, Hibs are shite so shouldn't be considered in this theory!

8 minutes ago, King prawn said:

You’re Hibs

:fth:

Here we go again.... Im possibly more pessimistic then most on here however let me point out that many on here were claiming we had the third strongest side in the league at the start of the season. We are bottom of the league and the majority of the squad today will be filled with the utter tripe that have gotten us into that position. 1-1 is my prediction. I'll be in attendance and I hope to be proven wrong.

Edited by RasberryJam

2 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

Here we go again.... Im possibly more pessimistic then most on here however let me point out that many on here were claiming we had the third strongest side in the league at the start of the season. We are bottom of the league and the majority of the squad today will be filled with the utter tripe that have gotten us into that position. 1-1 is my prediction. I'll be in attendance and I hope to be proven wrong.

Tell us your opinion of hibs and their age old role of being losers. 

alwaysthereinspirit
11 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

We have lost 4 and drawn 1 under Stendel. Not exactly the most inspiring form to go into any match and we remain bottom of the league and 5 points adrift. Many thought we'd beat St Johnstone at home and Hamilton away. Look how that panned out.

The Scottish Cup is an opportunity for smaller sides to test themselves against better opposition. Airdrie are only 2 points off top spot in their league and have a competent manager in Ian Murray. Not my problem if you don't like my prediction. 

Who do #!bs test themselves against today? 

9 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Brilliant stuff! She will never look back.

I remember taking my 2 to their first game Hearts v IBV  on a cold midweek night years ago in Europe. My boy now in his mid 20’s is a massive jambo and we enjoy many a pint before the games. 

Enjoy 👍

Haha. That's amazing Tambo. Me and my laddie go every week, he's 15. He's doing his prelims just now and had 4 last week. As a wee bonus I bought him tickets for today, for studying so hard. He stood me up and said he was going to Dundee with girl, after I'd bought the tickets, so my daughter claimed them. She loves watching my laddie play football every Sunday morning. She's got the bug. I think today is gonna increase the season books for next year 😂😂😂

..... Unless things go horribly wrong, which I don't see at all. 

To be fair the players were being led by a tactically inept coaching team who didn't appear to do much during training. I think we are starting to see some players produce a little more. 

Hearts 2 - Airdrie 

Struggling to see any drama in someone thinking it will be a tough game.    We're not exactly at our best just now.

It could be an easy win.    Hope so.     But if it isn't easy,  or worse,  how much of a shock to world football would it be?   Not much.

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

:lol:

With every passing post...

16 minutes ago, Goz said:

I can smell you from Bathgate. Fooling nobody 

Rasberry fool or Raspberry fool?

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Anybody have Moore in their team?

Me.  MOTM, you heard it here first.

Edited by Gashauskis9

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

so maybe Clare at RB and M Smith at DM? 4-2-3-1

4-2-3-1 come 4-4-2

Pereira

Clare

Halkett

Souttar

Hickey

Irving

Smith

Moore

Naismith

Henderson

Washington

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Must be impressing in training.

Somebody mentioned him doing well in training thread and I speculated he might be due one of his unbelievably random starts. Was joking tbf. 

Edited by GinRummy

Pereira

Clare       Souttar    Halkett        Hickey

Smith        Irving

Moore               Naismith              Henderson

Washington

Young team, should be full of running. Glad to see Souttar back.

5-0 Hearts and the new lad to be paraded at half time.

6 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

so maybe Clare at RB and M Smith at DM? 4-2-3-1

No maybe about it. That's their positions now.

Captain Sausage

Pereira

Clare - Halkett - Souttar - Hickey

Irving - Smith

Henderson - Naismith - Moore

Washington

Decent line up, except for the wings. Don’t rate either Henderson or Moore, but against Lowe league opposition we should be okay. I guess they’ve both got decent experience against that calibre of player. 

7 minutes ago, Jee said:

Has our Daniel already sussed out big Damour?

:jj:

Is Damour playing? No it's da other Moore.

I'll get me coat.

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Didn't expect Moore to start.   Still feeling confident tho

He's a bit of a funny one, Moore.  The reports on here of reserve matches, he always seems to get pass marks but just didn't do anything of note when he had his run a couple of seasons back.  Suppose he was too raw back then, and you could say the same about Irving, who has come on leaps and bounds since then.  Good luck to the lad, be amazing if he came in, cemented a place at LW and did well for rest of season.  Would be quite the indictment, seeing as we've been watching Mulraney all season trying to work out how footballs bounce and how you have to kick it ahead of yourself if you want to run fast all season.

2 minutes ago, Jee said:

Has our Daniel already sussed out big Damour?

:jj:

Another funny case.  He looked really excellent against Celtic, and I really hoped and thought that was his kickstart.  Our up n at 'em approach really suited him.  I almost wonder if he's a better player against teams better than the one he's in.... would make sense with what he did at Cardiff.  Better when the task at hand is to get in faces and not have time to think on the ball.  When there is onus on him to play a bit, he struggles it seems.   Not given up hope, but if we manage to move him in the summer, ho hum.

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

Pereira

Clare - Halkett - Souttar - Hickey

Irving - Smith

Henderson - Naismith - Moore

Washington

Decent line up, except for the wings. Don’t rate either Henderson or Moore, but against Lowe league opposition we should be okay. I guess they’ve both got decent experience against that calibre of player. 

Henderson was decent against Aberdeen and was driving forward with the ball which I guess is what Stendel wants from his attacking players. 

Here's hoping he shows he deserves his start today... 

The young lads are in for their legs, theyll both run all day. 

Give boys like Moore and Henderson confidence to make mistakes and theyll be dangerous for us. Levein would pitch them in for 2 games then punt them put on loan.

I've been in Diggers and Caley Sample Room, not seen so many away fans in " home" pubs for a long time. Airdrie boys been fine though. 

30 minutes ago, RasberryJam said:

We have lost 4 and drawn 1 under Stendel. Not exactly the most inspiring form to go into any match and we remain bottom of the league and 5 points adrift. Many thought we'd beat St Johnstone at home and Hamilton away. Look how that panned out.

The Scottish Cup is an opportunity for smaller sides to test themselves against better opposition. Airdrie are only 2 points off top spot in their league and have a competent manager in Ian Murray. Not my problem if you don't like my prediction. 

Anyone praising Ian Murray on here 😑

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Haha. I called Lewis Moore earlier in the week. Itk😀

Wheres he been the first half of the season?

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I trust Stendel so fully expect that's the best team... but Moore and Henderson 😱😱

Moore as above dont know what hes done since July , Hendersons done well enough for the first team last few games

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Rasberry fool or Raspberry fool?

Ian Murray 😑

4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

The photo shopping of Moore’s head onto Naismiths body is flawless 😂😂

Haha I noticed that too :lol:

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Another funny case.  He looked really excellent against Celtic, and I really hoped and thought that was his kickstart.  Our up n at 'em approach really suited him.  I almost wonder if he's a better player against teams better than the one he's in.... would make sense with what he did at Cardiff.  Better when the task at hand is to get in faces and not have time to think on the ball.  When there is onus on him to play a bit, he struggles it seems.   Not given up hope, but if we manage to move him in the summer, ho hum.

Think thats fair 👍🏻

1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

The young lads are in for their legs, theyll both run all day. 

Give boys like Moore and Henderson confidence to make mistakes and theyll be dangerous for us. Levein would pitch them in for 2 games then punt them put on loan.

Funny that's what Henderson and Moore looked like in particular - they were both rabbit in the headlights a bit when they played.  Especially Moore, I always thought he was concentrating really hard, if that makes sense.  Like he was more worried about being in the right place and being tidy.  Compare to McDonald, C Smith, Cochrane, who all came in and expressed themselves a bit (and Hickey actually).  Hopefully, like you say, these kids have learnt to be a bit braver and trust themselves - believe they deserve to be out there.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Anyone praising Ian Murray on here 😑

Wheres he been the first half of the season?

Moore as above dont know what hes done since July , Hendersons done well enough for the first team last few games

Ian Murray 😑

Dunno where he’s been. Someone on training thread said he done well in a training exercise.