• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• alwaysthereinspirit

On 15/01/2020 at 12:04, tartofmidlothian said:

Nothing has been mentioned about Walker, although guys on here say he's fit and ready.

Walker and Fit in the same sentence. You are joking? 😍

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

Looking forward to this tomorrow. I'm going for a 4-1 win.

Skybet were offering 10/11 for -1 handicap.

My Airdrie mole tells me they are trying a new formation tomorrow!  Whether that is to counter our new "gegenpress" I have no idea but I do know they are playing a couple of players in unfamiliar positions tomorrow.

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

How much is a ticket for Tomorrow asking for a friend 

I heard £12 and £7 concessions...

Will be going but not sure when you can get a ticket as near to kickoff as possible.....

Will be in Gorgie after 1.30pm.

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, hueyview said:

Will be going but not sure when you can get a ticket as near to kickoff as possible.....

ticket office is usually fairly quiet anyway should be nice and easy 

3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

ticket office is usually fairly quiet anyway should be nice and easy 

Cheers bud...  I take it tickets will still be available up to start of game.

Ticket, Fish supper and small accumulator for around £20...  Not bad....  :)

Tenaciousdandy
9 minutes ago, hueyview said:

£12 for mine and the wee ones ticket was only £3 in the new stand, excellent price

I bought online last week and collecting tomorrow just before the game, there is a separate kiosk for collections so might be a better option 

13 minutes ago, hueyview said:

That's right. It was £12 for me and £7 for my daughter. Her first ever hearts game. I can't bloody wait for tomorrow. 

HHGH

I'll miss tomorrow's game at Tynecastle as I'll be at the Broxburn game at St. Mirren. My son is the club chaplain and father-in-law a lifelong supporter and club sponsor. It's one of those occasions where you want to be in two places at the same time but this is the furthest Broxburn have ever been in the Cup and there's an estimated 1500+ Broxburn supporters going through, about 1 in 5 of the town's population and with the family connections I couldn't miss this historic game. I'll be following the Hearts game via the club's twitter account and hoping for a couple of wins.

Takeshi kovac

Taking the wee man tomorrow, only his 4th ever game he has only ever seen us win so I'm going 5 nil 😎

Brother in law is an Airdrie fan so looking forward to giving him pelters

23 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

£12 for mine and the wee ones ticket was only £3 in the new stand, excellent price

I bought online last week and collecting tomorrow just before the game, there is a separate kiosk for collections so might be a better option 

£3 is great for small kid

22 minutes ago, Goz said:

That's right. It was £12 for me and £7 for my daughter. Her first ever hearts game. I can't bloody wait for tomorrow. 

HHGH

Have a good day out mate...

2 nil Hearts.

Probably a bit naughtiness from some dafties in the Airdrie end who can't handle their cheap drink.

The romance of the cup.

Edited by Forza Cuore

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, hueyview said:

£3 is great for small kid

Exactly, great excuse to get young ones along, second game for her, first one was our last win so hoping she keep 

The 100% record and see us score the same amount of goals more lol

Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Exactly, great excuse to get young ones along, second game for her, first one was our last win so hoping she keep 

The 100% record and see us score the same amount of goals more lol

Correct.  :)

Weather looking not to bad.  Playing squad better than it's been for ages.  Good sized crowd.

Strong performance and good win.

Then we can look forward to Sunday.

1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

My Airdrie mole tells me they are trying a new formation tomorrow!  Whether that is to counter our new "gegenpress" I have no idea but I do know they are playing a couple of players in unfamiliar positions tomorrow.

I doubt they'll be the only ones. 😉

This is it tomorrow then . 

We'll find out if Daniel has made any difference with the squad and how the rest of the season may pan out . He's had 5 games rapid to assess and circa 3 weeks training to continue assessing and implement his ideas . 

Massive game tomorrow, defeat is unthinkable. 

Edited by ramrod

1 hour ago, weegie jambo said:

Is he the one to blame for the pitch?

Shanks said no
3 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

is he 13¾ ?

2 hours ago, ramrod said:

This is it tomorrow then . 

We'll find out if Daniel has made any difference with the squad and how the rest of the season may pan out . He's had 5 games rapid to assess and circa 3 weeks training to continue assessing and implement his ideas . 

Massive game tomorrow, defeat is unthinkable. 

He needs new players

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He needs new players

As far as Stendel is concerned Walker, Washington, Naismith and Souttar are new players. Add in Avlidjaj plus maybe one more and that’s six. Any more would be overkill in terms of disruption 

queensferryjambo
35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Filling up nicely. 

I'd say 12000 looking very likely now 

Very decent turnout for a cup tie against a league one club. 

The last time we played them in the cup at home attendance was under 7000.

I was also quite surprised that the last Airdrie league meetings at Tynecastle in the league in 90s were circa 5000 at home. 

2-1 Hearts. The win is the most important thing rather than scoreline IMO. We need to get confidence and on a run.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

As far as Stendel is concerned Walker, Washington, Naismith and Souttar are new players. Add in Avlidjaj plus maybe one more and that’s six. Any more would be overkill in terms of disruption 

3 out of those 4 seem very injury prone though. Washington the exception.

Just now, GinRummy said:

3 out of those 4 seem very injury prone though. Washington the exception.

Agreed. Though if we think their injury profile means they won’t play much they should have been given the Berra treatment. I’d expect all three to make it through the next 15 weeks 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. Though if we think their injury profile means they won’t play much they should have been given the Berra treatment. I’d expect all three to make it through the next 15 weeks 

I obviously hope you’re right. It would make a huge difference. 

If we had got a new signing in for tomorrow it would have added maybe another 1000 ish but 12,000 is a descent crowd against airdie   👍

7 hours ago, CurrieDiamond said:

Gate crashing in here and not looking to cause any offence.

I’m an Edinburgh based Airdrie fan and we’re all really looking forward to tomorrow. 

I run the Airdrie podcast and we made one for tomorrow. Won’t be everyone’s cup of team but there’s a Hearts specific section with Joel Sked about 30 mins in and a chat with Jimmy Sandison which some of the older folk in here may enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-telford/scottish-cup-hearts-away-with-jimmy-sandison-joel-sked

Dreaming of an Airdrie victory tomorrow but unfortunately we’re not what (or strictly speaking who) we were in the 90s and it may well show!

Enjoy the game! Think will be a cracking cup tie. I still have some mental scars from the 90s cup ties

7 hours ago, CurrieDiamond said:

Gate crashing in here and not looking to cause any offence.

I’m an Edinburgh based Airdrie fan and we’re all really looking forward to tomorrow. 

I run the Airdrie podcast and we made one for tomorrow. Won’t be everyone’s cup of team but there’s a Hearts specific section with Joel Sked about 30 mins in and a chat with Jimmy Sandison which some of the older folk in here may enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-telford/scottish-cup-hearts-away-with-jimmy-sandison-joel-sked

Dreaming of an Airdrie victory tomorrow but unfortunately we’re not what (or strictly speaking who) we were in the 90s and it may well show!

Cheers. Enjoy the day out. We are due you a doing just as compensation for the 90’s.  Those were really tough times as a Hearts supporter. In the end they just helped make 16 May 1998 even more special. Little did we know that at the time though. Broomfield was/ is still one of the most memorable grounds in Scottish football despite the pain suffered there. 
Looks like a decent crowd tomorrow so even with reduced admission prices both clubs will make some money out of it as well. 

27 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Very decent turnout for a cup tie against a league one club. 

The last time we played them in the cup at home attendance was under 7000.

I was also quite surprised that the last Airdrie league meetings at Tynecastle in the league in 90s were circa 5000 at home. 

2-1 Hearts. The win is the most important thing rather than scoreline IMO. We need to get confidence and on a run.

Exactly right. Just win the game and play well. If we play like we did against the sheep and through the 90mins we will be fine 

I’m going to go with 3-1 Hearts. 2 up at half time ♥️♥️ 

4 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

Diamond formation, I expect.

The last 3 times we played an Ian Murray side we have won 5-1, 5-1 and 4-0.

So I'm going for a beautiful 5-1 for the Hibs turd.

(I'm sure this stat is correct)

3 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Is he the one to blame for the pitch?

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

is he 13¾ ?

52 minutes ago, leginten said:

Diamond formation, I expect.

Ha ha cracking replies lads. For once I can say I'm ITK!  His comment on the change of formation (from a season long successful one) was Murray thinks he's f****** Guardiola and he thinks his change in formation will backfire on him. Heres hoping.

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Ha ha cracking replies lads. For once I can say I'm ITK!  His comment on the change of formation (from a season long successful one) was Murray thinks he's f****** Guardiola and he thinks his change in formation will backfire on him. Heres hoping.

Murray has history for making an erse of himself against us

Image result for ian murray green 1973

On 15/01/2020 at 21:59, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder if the huddy Murray will get 7-0 shaved into his napper again. How'd that work out for him? 

fake news

On 15/01/2020 at 22:21, One five said:

That would be good for target practice 🏹

it was 1973

5 hours ago, Macros said:

I'll miss tomorrow's game at Tynecastle as I'll be at the Broxburn game at St. Mirren. My son is the club chaplain and father-in-law a lifelong supporter and club sponsor. It's one of those occasions where you want to be in two places at the same time but this is the furthest Broxburn have ever been in the Cup and there's an estimated 1500+ Broxburn supporters going through, about 1 in 5 of the town's population and with the family connections I couldn't miss this historic game. I'll be following the Hearts game via the club's twitter account and hoping for a couple of wins.

hope your family have a history making day out 

17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Murray has history for making an erse of himself against us

Image result for ian murray green 1973

there it is . *****