• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• alwaysthereinspirit

13 minutes ago, Jambofifer said:

I Definately don’t think they’ll be pushovers either.Gallacher, Roy and Carrick all  know where the goals are. 

4-2

Hardly prolific

Naismith starting would be massive for us as I recon he’d be way too smart for them. They will know get it to ht goalless and they can start to believe, the first 45 will be our best chance of putting it to bed. 

They're keeping pace with Raith and Falkirk but the rest of that league isn't up to much.    It's all about attitude and professionalism.     If good then it's a clear win.    If bad then our arse is in for a bite.

Edited by Victorian

5 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

Airdrie will be no pushovers, they're going well this season after some pretty up and down form last season. They'll fancy their chances and have a few ex Jambo's in the team who might want to prove a point plus Murray who I'm sure would love to put one over us. They have had good results against all their other top 4 competitors however I don't think they will have come up against a team playing a high press. I'm hoping for an early goal and a comfortable 3-1 win and us pushing right to the final whistle to set us up for the battle ahead.

They were a jinx side one time ,,but this is a game  hearts should be looking to win ,early goal is needed,  maybe 2-0  hearts......save a lot for next wednesday.....🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻👍

Bazzas right boot

If we can score, we'll win. 

Latley no matter who we play it's the same pattern. 

We play generally OK but can't score then concede. 

Last time out we were a bit more confident, but Aberdeen are honking at Tynecastle all the time it seems, I expect Airdrie will give us more to think about. 

No mistakes, take our chances, a nice 2/3-0 win. 

Don't score, it could get nervy. 

5 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Hardly prolific

Not once did I say they were mate. 
As I’ve mentioned they play,or normally play with 3 up top they won’t be pushovers guaranteed.

Lets hope our prolific Halkett the goal machine is fit eh! 

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Doubt if there will be a better pre-match post than this one.  Given that Hibs were taken apart by Livingston in their last outing, their prospects are grim at best.

7 hours ago, rmreido said:

I'm with you, but 4-1 Hearts, 3-1 Utd, and a decent weekend for a change.

HHGH 

Let's hope it's the perfect weekend, gentlemen. 

FTHibs 

letsalldothebeattie

I think we will win this game on Saturday but given the league position & being 5 points adrift I would quite willingly see us sack the cup for getting out of the position we are in just now. 

19 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder if the huddy Murray will get 7-0 shaved into his napper again. How'd that work out for him? 

That would be good for target practice 🏹

Is Clare suspended since it was a straight red against Aberdeen? I know it's a different competition but sure because of the rules if the next game ban is only for violent conduct?

Fozzyonthefence
4 hours ago, Victorian said:

They're keeping pace with Raith and Falkirk but the rest of that league isn't up to much.    It's all about attitude and professionalism.     If good then it's a clear win.    If bad then our arse is in for a bite.

They’re better than East Fife and much better than Stenhousemuir.  We lost to one of them and were about 10 minutes away from losing at home to the other in the League Cup this season - this is a potential banana skin from a game we need to take confidence from.  Play like we did against Aberdeen and we will win comfortably, however, the atmosphere will be nothing like it was for the Aberdeen game so the players will need to be professional and be up for this for a change.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

They've sold out their tickets

Just noticed that on Twitter. 

Make for an atmosphere of sorts. 

The Apprentice

A win, no injuries, a decent amount of game time for those coming back, and something to build on going up to Dingwall on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Just noticed that on Twitter. 

Make for an atmosphere of sorts. 

read they have asked for more

14 hours ago, Jambofifer said:

Not once did I say they were mate. 
As I’ve mentioned they play,or normally play with 3 up top they won’t be pushovers guaranteed.

Lets hope our prolific Halkett the goal machine is fit eh! 

yep

13 hours ago, eddiepolio said:

Is Clare suspended since it was a straight red against Aberdeen? I know it's a different competition but sure because of the rules if the next game ban is only for violent conduct?

13 hours ago, One five said:

I think he misses the Ross C game

Yes

Clare suspended for next league game which is Ross County 

(Violent conduct includes next game but this was just a 'normal' red card with 1 match ban same competition) 

Jambof3tornado
31 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

read it was just over 1400

Decent. Hope they dont enjoy the tynecastle experience in the slightest!!

Tenaciousdandy

Looking forward to this, hopefully we can get a bit of confidence going into the Ross county game but destroying airdrie, going for 4-1 with uche, Naismith and Washington scoring and grabbing a couple of assists

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

read they have asked for more

Reckon with a decent day and walk ups could hit 12k now. Get a draw and we have a money spinning replay as well. Not funny eh :(

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Reckon with a decent day and walk ups could hit 12k now. Get a draw and we have a money spinning replay as well. Not funny eh :(

If people can go then they should go

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Reckon only the Huns (at home to Stranraer) will have a bigger crowd than us in this round.

43 hours to go.  Plenty of time to sell plenty more.  Mainstand  estimates 10,200 have been sold to date.  That suggests around 12,000 plus the Airdrie support. 

Good football and a good win will set us up nicely for Dingwall.  Let's hope Stendel can get us playing well and winning away from home.

Older than Sevco, yer older than Sevco

Older than Sevco

Yer older than Sevco

alwaysthereinspirit

Cant wait to watch this tomorrow. I hate International and winter breaks. Though this one probably came at a good time for us.

I am unbelievably excited about this. It's only been a few weeks but the break seems to have gone on forever.

Looking forward to sitting right next to the Hearts dugout again, watching Stendel kicking every ball.

New captain, new intensity, players back from injury... it feels like the beginning of something exciting.

Just a wee bit nervous about what would happens if Airdrie were to sneak a win or hold us to a draw, especially given all their Hearts connections. But if we can get the first goal hopefully it will be a comfortable home win.

Naismith and Washington to start up front and both score.

Joel 

Clare Halkett Souttar Hickey 

Smith Bozanic Irving 

Walker Naismith Washington 

Hearts 5 - Airdrie 0 

I think we will blew them away and the negative press away. 

Brick Tamland

I think the place will be buzzing resulting in a powerful victory. 
-2 at 9/4 and -3 at 9/2 ‘mon the Hearts!! 

CurrieDiamond

Gate crashing in here and not looking to cause any offence.

I’m an Edinburgh based Airdrie fan and we’re all really looking forward to tomorrow. 

I run the Airdrie podcast and we made one for tomorrow. Won’t be everyone’s cup of team but there’s a Hearts specific section with Joel Sked about 30 mins in and a chat with Jimmy Sandison which some of the older folk in here may enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-telford/scottish-cup-hearts-away-with-jimmy-sandison-joel-sked

Dreaming of an Airdrie victory tomorrow but unfortunately we’re not what (or strictly speaking who) we were in the 90s and it may well show!

My half sister
7 minutes ago, CurrieDiamond said:

I’m an Edinburgh based Airdrie fan and we’re all really looking forward to tomorrow. 

I run the Airdrie podcast and we made one for tomorrow. Won’t be everyone’s cup of team but there’s a Hearts specific section with Joel Sked about 30 mins in and a chat with Jimmy Sandison which some of the older folk in here may enjoy.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-telford/scottish-cup-hearts-away-with-jimmy-sandison-joel-sked

Dreaming of an Airdrie victory tomorrow but unfortunately we’re not what (or strictly speaking who) we were in the 90s and it may well show!

Welcome mate, enjoy the pub beforehand and hope we pump you

21 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

I think the place will be buzzing resulting in a powerful victory. 
-2 at 9/4 and -3 at 9/2 ‘mon the Hearts!! 

-2 paddy power @ 11/4 mate                  Ive covered my bet by also backing -1 at evens 👍

Brick Tamland
4 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

-2 paddy power @ 11/4 mate                  Ive covered my bet by also backing -1 at evens 👍

Good odds there then 

Shanks said no

Egg chasing Alert

EDINBURGH V AGEN

3pm Murrayfield 

bbc say Myreside but Edinburgh Rugby say above

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, CurrieDiamond said:

Welcome, thanks for the link and hope you enjoy the day - up until 3pm anyway!

3pm kick off. 
1st home game of the year. 
Pints before it. 

Glad to have football back.  

3-0 Washington x2 , Naismith