***Official Heart of Midlothian v Airdrie Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to this, but there was a lot to enjoy in that Aberdeen performance. A win is essential, but a good performance, a clean sheet and some goals would all be welcome.

I'll go 2-0 to us, Bozanic and Washington to score.

I didn't realise their manager and assistant were so well known to us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51111282

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Francis Albert

• Marvin

• alwaysthereinspirit

Me and my uncle are heading to the game and I'm actually pretty excited for it. The stendel factor is growing and I can see this being the start of a good run of results. Also looked at the odds for us to finish in the top 6 and we are 16/1 might just stick a few pound notes on it 

5 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

Me and my uncle are heading to the game and I'm actually pretty excited for it. The stendel factor is growing and I can see this being the start of a good run of results. Also looked at the odds for us to finish in the top 6 and we are 16/1 might just stick a few pound notes on it 

16/1 is a terrible price for top six.

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Is Haring the only player not available?

Nothing has been mentioned about Walker, although guys on here say he's fit and ready.

I’ve watched them a few times and  if they play with 3 up top there is goals for them. Suspect at the back when really tested.

1 minute ago, Jambofifer said:

I’ve watched them a few times and  if they play with 3 up top there is goals for them. Suspect at the back when really tested.

They should be fine then! 

Forgot until I heard him on the radio last night that they are managed by ian Murray the hobos hobo.  There's enough incentive in just shutting that wee prick up.  I hope he gets a warm welcome.

Let's just make sure we can walk before we run.  I remember being really confident about things this time last year and in particular looking forward to Vanecek.  I do see things improving but it's not going to be easy.  2-0 for Saturday.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Point to prove, bee in bonnet, probably the worst tie Airdrie could have pulled. Sure they will be obstinate, we win this and we move on to Dingwall on Wednesday, first of 17 cup ties

Hearts to  bury previous feck ups with a resounding 3-0 win. Airdrie are even more disgusting than the unwashed pair they long to be after. 

Looking forward to this, with Souttar, Naismith and Washington all hopefully getting some game time.  
At £12 A ticket hoping for a decent crowd too.

3-1 hearts.

Pereira

Smith Halkett(c) Souttar Hickey

Clare  Irving  Bozanic

Washington     Naismith    Walker

It's only Airdrie after all. :huh:

Edited by Ted Hastings

A Hearts win/Hibs lose weekend, I feel. 

Hearts 3 Airdrie 1

Dundee United 4 Hibs 1. (Quite fancy United to catch them cold and be 2/3 goals ahead early doors). 

Just had a look to see how tickets are selling and still a lot left. Disappointing considering they are so cheap. £12 for adults and £7 for concessions. 

1 hour ago, FruitJuice said:

Forgot until I heard him on the radio last night that they are managed by ian Murray the hobos hobo.  There's enough incentive in just shutting that wee prick up.  I hope he gets a warm welcome.

5-1 it is then.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Hearts 3 Airdrie 1

Dundee United 4 Hibs 1. (Quite fancy United to catch them cold and be 2/3 goals ahead early doors). 

I'm with you, but 4-1 Hearts, 3-1 Utd, and a decent weekend for a change.

HHGH 

Absolute Scenes

Halkett being out isn't a disaster, but still annoying. Souttar and Dikamona make me slightly anxious and I don't know why

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Hickey also 

Has played as part of back 3 this season 

Let's not make that mistake again

11 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

We have Souttar, Smith and Dikamona. It's Airdrie FFS

Never underestimate Airdire. I learned that the hard way

2 hours ago, martoon said:

Hearts 3 Airdrie 1

Doubt if there will be a better pre-match post than this one.  Given that Hibs were taken apart by Livingston in their last outing, their prospects are grim at best.

Airdrie will be no pushovers, they're going well this season after some pretty up and down form last season. They'll fancy their chances and have a few ex Jambo's in the team who might want to prove a point plus Murray who I'm sure would love to put one over us. They have had good results against all their other top 4 competitors however I don't think they will have come up against a team playing a high press. I'm hoping for an early goal and a comfortable 3-1 win and us pushing right to the final whistle to set us up for the battle ahead.

18 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Airdrie will be no pushovers, they're going well this season after some pretty up and down form last season. They'll fancy their chances and have a few ex Jambo's in the team who might want to prove a point plus Murray who I'm sure would love to put one over us. They have had good results against all their other top 4 competitors however I don't think they will have come up against a team playing a high press. I'm hoping for an early goal and a comfortable 3-1 win and us pushing right to the final whistle to set us up for the battle ahead.

I Definately don’t think they’ll be pushovers either.Gallacher, Roy and Carrick all  know where the goals are. 

4-2