Darren Jackson

Masonic

On 15/01/2020 at 11:50, corkie64 said:

In 1972/73 Leith Walk primary school had some building work done, and kids from primary classes 1,2,3 and 4 were moved down to Lorne Street school for a year or so, I'm unaware if Darren was at Leith walk at that time, but if he was he'd have been in P1 or 2., Adam (Addy) Jackson was our school football team manager from around that time.

explains alot m8

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Jambo314

• corkie64

• Masonic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 15/01/2020 at 10:22, Masonic said:

didnt play long for us but helped during a baron spell for the club what i was wondering is did hearts try to sign him in his earlier days when at utd or h1b5 i read on his wiki page he is a jambo which im sure id heard before back in the day but wasnt sure

I didn’t realise how good he was until he played for us ...... very skilful player 👍

7 hours ago, NB GIN said:

I didn’t realise how good he was until he played for us ...... very skilful player 👍

Some good goals for hearts too, inc wonderful goal v Dundee at tynecastle,   thanks to rab douglas,,🤣🤣🤣👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

7 hours ago, Section Q said:

He was at the Rangers game on Sunday sat in Premium.....

I think he was a row or two in front of PR. Where players, their families and other 'club' tickets sit. 

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

I think he was a row or two in front of PR. Where players, their families and other 'club' tickets sit. 

He's a Rangers fan

9 hours ago, Armageddon said:

There should be a JKB rule that if you start a thread with just a name that their life status should follow in brackets.

THIS please

10 hours ago, SUTOL said:

He was one of the previous players asked to do a q and a with Scott Wilson in the Gorgie Suite on Sat.

The Real Maroonblood
On 15/01/2020 at 13:32, cardboardcutout said:

Just watched the 2-3 game on youtube, what we would do to have Naysmith and Cameron now!

It was certainly great viewing.

On 15/01/2020 at 12:01, Hearts Heritage said:

He was mascot at Sat 22 Apr 1978 Hearts 2 Alloa Athletic 1 (First Division - 38 of 39).

1978-04-22-A-01a.JPG

Nice redaction! Does he still live there?😁

On 30/01/2020 at 12:32, Section Q said:

He was at the Rangers game on Sunday sat in Premium.....

Would've been a better choice for half-time at a Rangers game than Hugh Burns....

2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Would've been a better choice for half-time at a Rangers game than Hugh Burns....

My thoughts too...👍

On 15/01/2020 at 10:40, GforGallo said:

Scored an absolute raker against hibs at Easter Road iirc. 

Didn't realise he was a hun? Could have sworn I'd read he had been hearts mascot at a game? 

Correct

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

You’re right.

Having that imbecile is cringeworthy.

Skippy Doodle
On 15/01/2020 at 10:40, GforGallo said:

Scored an absolute raker against hibs at Easter Road iirc. 

Didn't realise he was a hun? Could have sworn I'd read he had been hearts mascot at a game? 

Skippy Doodle
On 15/01/2020 at 12:36, Salad Fingers said:

I remember he scored a 30 yards screamer against Motherwell at Fir Park.  We won 4-0 despite having struggled for the majority of the season.  Bringing Jackson in was a masterstroke by JJ.  With him in the squad, Mickey coming back from injury and McSwegan finally remembering how to put the ball into the back of the net, we really hit form when we needed to.  Could be doing with a signing like that coming in this month to get us ticking again.  

On 16/01/2020 at 07:21, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

This. (Although i think it was earlier in the 90s)

His goals and assist in the 2nd half of that season were crucial. He never celebrated though. Can't remember the reason. In the huff with someone I think.

That's not how I remember it, he went daft scoring against hibs, ran the length of the pitch against Motherwell, just off the top of my head

Skippy Doodle
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's not how I remember it, he went daft scoring against hibs, ran the length of the pitch against Motherwell, just off the top of my head

there was one occasion of him not celebrating during this game after scoring. Think he had been getting pelters from someone in the wheatfield stand

On 15/01/2020 at 10:29, Debut 4 said:

My Dad worked beside Adam Jackson, his Dad.  

When DJ was at United he wasn’t in the squad in a game v Hearts at Tynie nearing the time he was about to move. My Dad met both Adam and Darren coming out the ground. 

Said he was waiting on Hearts making a move(in hope) but Hibs had already got themselves far down the line ready to sign him. 

We never made a move and he signed for the vermin. 

I thought Addy was a lovely lovely man. I was fortunate to be invited to attend Darren signing for Hearts and was standing at the back with Addy.  When Darren signed on the line for the benefit of the Press and Photographers, tears were streaming down Addys face .. tears of pride and joy he told me.  Fast forward until after Darrens first Hearts home game and Darren got the strip framed for his Dad and written on the bottom was  "See Dad ... Dreams Really Do Come True" .

• 1 year later...
Maroon Sailor
On 15/01/2020 at 12:08, corkie64 said:

lol Lawrence was his cousin, memory is jaded but I'm sure Darren was a Jambo growing up, although as has been said previously maybe that was just to keep his Dad happy...

Well that explains that choice of player !

I've got that Alloa programme when he was mascot and it was a strange choice.

I remember Lawrie Tierney scoring a late winner against Queen of the South. Curled it in to the top corner at the Gorgie Road End.

Byyy The Light
On 07/02/2020 at 17:01, Disco Ball said:

I thought Addy was a lovely lovely man. I was fortunate to be invited to attend Darren signing for Hearts and was standing at the back with Addy.  When Darren signed on the line for the benefit of the Press and Photographers, tears were streaming down Addys face .. tears of pride and joy he told me.  Fast forward until after Darrens first Hearts home game and Darren got the strip framed for his Dad and written on the bottom was  "See Dad ... Dreams Really Do Come True" .

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Class 

Weakened Offender
On 15/01/2020 at 10:46, Forever Hearts said:

Probably done the mascot thing to please his old man. Believe me, he was a Rangers fan.  

Definitely a Rangers fan as a young lad. 

20 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Definitely a Rangers fan as a young lad. 

His dad also told me this too👍

leith_dude

He was a good player for us. 

I remember a few folk around where I sat in the Wheatfield weren't happy with him early on. One time, possibly in his first home game he was right in front of us when we had a throw in and a young woman started shouting "Jackson, yir f@_#&in sh&£-e". Before she had even finished the sentence he shouts back "shut up".  Most people started laughing but the woman started back at him "don't you tell me to shut up ya bas#@£#" and again he just shouts back "shut up you!".  And she did because she was drowned out by laughter.

I think he won over most Hearts fans because his attitude was spot on and you could see he was a quality player. 

Maroon Sailor

I went to a Newcastle game when he just signed for them. I was in the club shop near the bus station at the time and some Newcastle fans came in sarcastically asking if they had any Darren Jackson tee-shirts. Big signing from Meadowbank type of thing.

Little did they know he became a bit of a fans favourite down there. Got sold by the Bald Eagle, Jim Smith when he took over as manager. Just like Robbo did by him.

27 minutes ago, leith_dude said:

He was a good player for us. 

I remember a few folk around where I sat in the Wheatfield weren't happy with him early on. One time, possibly in his first home game he was right in front of us when we had a throw in and a young woman started shouting "Jackson, yir f@_#&in sh&£-e". Before she had even finished the sentence he shouts back "shut up".  Most people started laughing but the woman started back at him "don't you tell me to shut up ya bas#@£#" and again he just shouts back "shut up you!".  And she did because she was drowned out by laughter.

I think he won over most Hearts fans because his attitude was spot on and you could see he was a quality player. 

Aye, he was a class player was Darren, without a doubt. 

Skippy Doodle
On 30/01/2020 at 19:56, Hectormasson said:

Some good goals for hearts too, inc wonderful goal v Dundee at tynecastle,   thanks to rab douglas,,🤣🤣🤣👍🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Bumped into him when visiting a friend in Livingston whilst he played for us, great guy and loved him as a player. I was really too young to know about his other clubs/fact he was in the twilight of his career and just thought he was absolutely class.

Салатные палочки
16 minutes ago, Skippy Doodle said:

I hated that ******* Lulu goal song :seething:

19 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I hated that ******* Lulu goal song :seething:

No need to shout about it.

DJ was a good player who propelled himself to higher level through hard work.   

I used to talk to his dad frequently when I worked in Royal Mail on Brunswick Rd, he was an absolute gentleman and a Hearts fan. Dunno who Jackson supported as a lad but he was an immense signing by JJ he was far better than I thought before we signed him and a look back at some of his goals took me to nostalgic heaven. He talks some shite on that PLZ thingy he does with an atrocious presenter and Alan Rough though.