Oli McBurnie (NHC)

gashauskis9

Need to get this off my chest.

I hate this waste of skin with every ounce of energy in my body.  I actually feel physically sick when I look at him. 

Comes across as the biggest prick on the planet.  

Is this normal to feel this way about a player who doesn’t even play in our league?

Look at the ****ing state of him and his pals FFS!!!

224BFBDA-5EB7-45CE-9B3F-116CAAE23F3E.jpeg

Edited by Gashauskis9

He was a great loan at Barnsley.  Played out of his skin and almost kept us up singlehandedly.  Young un fell out of love with him for the drink drive incident but I honestly dont see what's wrong with him being a fan and supporting his team. Press mischief making again I think.

Edited by Redhelen

Get what you mean but also he's just being himself which I don't have a problem with.  He's terrible footballer mind, classic case of finding himself in the right place at the right time, I have no doubt he would be terrible up front for us right now.

Really? I think he'd be just what you'd need, he worked his socks off for us our last championship season when we were battling relegation and was only on loan. Would definitely have been in our team of the decade if he'd been with us more than 6 months.

Agree can't stand him. Any time I've watched him he's looked an utter huddy as well. Rotten for scotland u21s when I'd seen him a few times. Surprising he's so rated down south.

I'm not really bothered about him going to a football match and behaving like that in isolation but I just think the guy is an absolute prick, we're short on strikers for Scotland but I still don't want this streak of pish near the squad.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I hate this waste of skin with every ounce of energy in my body.  I actually feel physically sick when I look at him. 

Is this normal to feel this way about a player who doesn’t even play in our league?

Mega wealthy player goes to football with his mates to support his team, like a totally normal bloke, and he gets pelters. Footballer spends millions on cars and bollocks and he gets pelters. Can they ever win?

Not a great player but effective in the right system and making the most of his physical talents. Good on the boy, at least he's keeping it real.

Edited by TheTrumpet

He’s really, really, really shite. It’s actually funny he’s in the Premier League. :lol:

Should be nowhere near a Scotland squad.

annushorribilis III
2 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I'm more outraged at the state of the geezer from The Inbetweeners in that pic. 

PS I have one of his Scotland shirts and I am assured he is a top guy. 

He is a really good striker, not sure he gives his all for Scotland but then who does? Seems like he’s a bit of a jake but most of us would love someone like that playing for our team 

I like him. Treats international football with the contempt it deserves. 

Not sure what's happened in society where someone can use the phrase 'I hate this waste of skin with every ounce of energy in my body' to describe a fairly normal footballer and it's just taken as a totally normal thing to say. 

I have no opinion of him as a person, I've never met him.  I think he's a Limited footballer making the best of what he has so good on him.

The media outrage over this footage is just nonsense.

1 hour ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Not sure what's happened in society where someone can use the phrase 'I hate this waste of skin with every ounce of energy in my body' to describe a fairly normal footballer and it's just taken as a totally normal thing to say. 

If you don't mind I'll treat him with the contempt he deserves.

He can do what he wants when he supports his team, I'd do the same, but if he hates Scotland so much, he should retire. Something tells me if he was good enough for England...

Sorry for my ignorance but who is he supporting? With the lack of scarves these days, it’s difficult to tell who’s supporting who. Being back scarves and make it mandatory lol

I hate most people, most footballers, watches, dogs, Scottish Nationalists, lefties, TV adverts, Ant n Dec, TV, Motor Sport, tennis, motorbikes absolutely everything. Seriously, you name something and I will hate it but I simply do not see the seethe in the OP. He seems an a'right *****.

Edited by i8hibsh

5 hours ago, RasberryJam said:

I've not seen much of him apart from when he's played for Scotland. Was absolutely pants. Hoping we don't play him again.

Being "pants" is a high level amongst Scottish internationalists.

30 minutes ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Sorry for my ignorance but who is he supporting? With the lack of scarves these days, it’s difficult to tell who’s supporting who. Being back scarves and make it mandatory lol

It was Swansea v. Cardiff where hecwas on loan.

McBurnie, Fleck and one other United player refuse to fully join in the team bonding, motivation pre-match huddle because they are Rangers fans, sympathisers.

If I was involved with SU, I'd be more worried about that level of pettiness.

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Just to point out, I wasn’t commenting on his footballing ability or commitment to the international team, more just the way he comes across and seems to carry himself.  If you saw a guy at a game wearing a gold Stone Island jacket and a daft hat, stood between two extras from an East 17 video, your first impression would likely be “look at the state o that prick”.  Then if you found out he was a drink driver as well, it would probably enhance that opinion.

Edited by Gashauskis9

43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I hate most people, most footballers, watches, dogs, Scottish Nationalists, lefties, TV adverts, Ant n Dec, TV, Motor Sport, tennis, motorbikes absolutely everything. Seriously, you name something and I will hate it but I simply do not see the seethe in the OP. He seems an a'right *****.

Appreciate that chief.  I think it’s just me.  Can’t put my finger on it.

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

I have no opinion of him as a person, I've never met him.  I think he's a Limited footballer making the best of what he has so good on him.

The media outrage over this footage is just nonsense.

I do find it bizarre that the OF fans get to do what they want but a professional footballer makes a gesture amongst thousands of fans and there is national outrage. 

SectionDJambo
33 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It was Swansea v. Cardiff where hecwas on loan.

McBurnie, Fleck and one other United player refuse to fully join in the team bonding, motivation pre-match huddle because they are Rangers fans, sympathisers.

If I was involved with SU, I'd be more worried about that level of pettiness.

Especially as, once again, Celtic take ownership of something, in this case "the huddle", which they copied from elsewhere. It's pathetic how special the Celtic fans think they are, and how others fall into the trap of allowing them any credibility of it.

In a day and age where footballers are boring and seem totally disconnected from the clubs they play for I really don't see the issue with him, on his day off, going to his old clubs derby and supporting them as if he was a fan - because he is.

He's dressed like a tit and is terrible at football but I would much rather have someone like that than some massively overpaid prima donna looking for insta-fame who holds zero attachment to any club they play for.

Or, and this is relevant to us, a journeyman pro who could care less about their performances and will stab their clubs in the back at the first opportunity whilst demanding loyalty.

Good on him. Hope he keeps an attachment to Swansea and hope he continues to enjoy the realer part of football.

Edited by E6 Inc

29 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Especially as, once again, Celtic take ownership of something, in this case "the huddle", which they copied from elsewhere. It's pathetic how special the Celtic fans think they are, and how others fall into the trap of allowing them any credibility of it.

That's also very valid.

YNWA is beyond shameless.

As an outsider looking in the entire Scottish team look s*** whenever I've watched them recently.  Mcburnie is scoring goals in the highest league and has helped a team who pundits expected to be struggling to be comfortably top half. Footbalk wise you cannot call him s***.

As to all the rangers , huddles stuff I have no clue what that even means, so if someone wouldn't mind explaining in simple terms I'd appreciate it.

30 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

A jock supporting Cardiff 🤨🤔😂

He was born in Leeds. He played for Swansea and was in the Swansea end. 

Psychedelicropcircle
2 hours ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I was wondering that too!

i8 when you do get round to topping yersel do it live on KB it’ll likely only be me watching as most will likely have you on ignore😂🤣

Forever Hearts
10 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

What a complete overreaction from you. "I feel physically sick when I look at him" 😂

I think you need to get out more. 

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

A jock supporting Cardiff 🤨🤔😂

A jock supporting Swansea who he played for before joining Sheffield utd.

6 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

A jock supporting Swansea who he played for before joining Sheffield utd.

Never took part in a huddle for Swansea last year because he supports rangers what a dick!

You mean when they get together at the start of a match? Because that's something Celtic do? That one passed me by completely. No wonder Scotland do so poorly internationally then.

38 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

i8 when you do get round to topping yersel do it live on KB it’ll likely only be me watching as most will likely have you on ignore😂🤣

:sob:

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If you don't mind I'll treat him with the contempt he deserves.

He can do what he wants when he supports his team, I'd do the same, but if he hates Scotland so much, he should retire. Something tells me if he was good enough for England...

If he is on record saying he hates Scotland then he's a hypocrite as well as a ned. 

Surely Scotland are not that desperate that we need his like representing us. 

I don't see the fuss about him going to support his old team though. 

3 hours ago, Redhelen said:

As an outsider looking in the entire Scottish team look s*** whenever I've watched them recently.  Mcburnie is scoring goals in the highest league and has helped a team who pundits expected to be struggling to be comfortably top half. Footbalk wise you cannot call him s***.

As to all the rangers , huddles stuff I have no clue what that even means, so if someone wouldn't mind explaining in simple terms I'd appreciate it.

Some time in the 1990s Celtic started to do a player huddle in the last moments before the game started, leading to disproportionate booing from opposition fans and cheering by Celtic fans. They were not the first sports team to do this, but as with other things for people who are ‘Celtic minded’, they seemed to claim ‘the huddle’ as part of their unique identity as being more than a football club so those of a Rangers persuasion would see a huddle as a Celtic thing to do. Back in the day lots of clubs fans sang You’ll Never Walk Alone but most have given it up, seeing it as being a Liverpool song. Not Celtic though. I’ve even heard Celtic fans claim that it was originally a Celtic song before Liverpool adopted it. I really enjoy the contribution the Barnsley fans have made to this board recently and you are very fortunate to be blissfully unaware of how bizarre Celtic and Rangers and their fans really are. 

13 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I ****ing hate him just for wearing that hat. 

File under Tit. 

17 minutes ago, Mr Benn said:

Some time in the 1990s Celtic started to do a player huddle in the last moments before the game started, leading to disproportionate booing from opposition fans and cheering by Celtic fans. They were not the first sports team to do this, but as with other things for people who are ‘Celtic minded’, they seemed to claim ‘the huddle’ as part of their unique identity as being more than a football club so those of a Rangers persuasion would see a huddle as a Celtic thing to do. Back in the day lots of clubs fans sang You’ll Never Walk Alone but most have given it up, seeing it as being a Liverpool song. Not Celtic though. I’ve even heard Celtic fans claim that it was originally a Celtic song before Liverpool adopted it. I really enjoy the contribution the Barnsley fans have made to this board recently and you are very fortunate to be blissfully unaware of how bizarre Celtic and Rangers and their fans really are. 

Thank you for the explanation. Can't really see much difference between Oli standing in the huddle but without his arms round the players next to him. or him standing in the circle with arms round them. As you say bizarre.. 

3 hours ago, Irufushi said:

He was born in Leeds. He played for Swansea and was in the Swansea end. 

and although a self confessed Swansea fan, he also supports 'ra Gers 😭

Spitonastranger
14 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

East 17 reforming

cardboardcutout
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The boys a fud. Disliked him since his comments about playing for Scotland. He can GTF. 

Drink driving and his so called joke about playing for our beloved country have found me not overly fond of the chap!