New interview with your Daniel

gordiegords

9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

No idea but I won’t be relying on your mate for info then posting it on here as fact!!

Your story has more holes than a golf

course!!

Aye, after Steve Wonder has played a round.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Hearts1975

• Boris5115

• GinRummy

Comes across well and realizes the task in hand. Feel sorry for him with the crap he's inherited from Levein. 

I'll find it hard to judge this guy until he gets his own players in.

What a difference this guy has made already.

The players can no longer hide behind the manager. Under Levein the pelters he was getting gave the players a free pass. It’s now blatantly obvious training was a joke there was no discernible style of play and CL had free reign to do whatever he wanted.

Now the fans are behind Stendel the players know there’s no hiding place. They either give it their all or they’re out the door, none of them are bigger than the club or the manager. 

The young lads must be buzzing knowing they’ll really get a chance. The fact Sean Clare has turned the fans is incredible there’s very few players been able to do that at Hearts. It’s an example to them all give it your best, leave it all out on the Tynecastle pitch and you’ll be backed. Take the piss out of us or the manager and you can pack your bags.

Looking forward to Saturday after hearing his interview. Airdrie are a sticky team and playing us of 2 months ago would have fancied their chances. They will sit in and that was CL teams downfall, no pace flair or creativity. Interested to see our performance now with DS influence. You can't help but feel we have signed a winner. 

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Good interview. I got the feeling he’s not decided between Souttar and Naismith for the new club captain.

I was getting the impression it was more between Naismith and Halkett going by the way he was talking about the latter’s performance with the armband against Aberdeen. I think it’ll be Halkett captain and Naismith vice captain purely for the fact that a captain should be expected to play most games and both Naismith and Souttar aren’t going to be able to do that based on the past couple of seasons. 

Edited by Ted Hastings

2 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

I was getting the impression it was more between Naismith and Halkett going by the way he was talking about the latter’s performance with the armband against Aberdeen. I think it’ll be Halkett captain and Naismith vice captain purely for the fact that a captain should be expected to play most games and both Naismith and Souttar aren’t going to be able to do that based on the past couple of seasons. 

Indeed. No way Naismith will become captain, imo, for that very reason.

I can actually see it being Halkett captain, Souttar vice.

alicante jambo
6 hours ago, Rudy T said:

The players can no longer hide behind the manager. Under Levein the pelters he was getting gave the players a free pass. It’s now blatantly obvious training was a joke there was no discernible style of play and CL had free reign to do whatever he wanted.

Now the fans are behind Stendel the players know there’s no hiding place. They either give it their all or they’re out the door, none of them are bigger than the club or the manager. 

The young lads must be buzzing knowing they’ll really get a chance. The fact Sean Clare has turned the fans is incredible there’s very few players been able to do that at Hearts. It’s an example to them all give it your best, leave it all out on the Tynecastle pitch and you’ll be backed. Take the piss out of us or the manager and you can pack your bags.

Brilliant post Rudi. You are bang on here.

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Liam Gallagher, cool as feck! :rofl:

TBF, there are sadly quite a lot of people who think it's cool to look, act, and think like a complete moron. Liam Gallagher is the epitome of that image!

4 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Which young lads are suddenly going to ‘really get a chance’ ? 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Why don't you give the new manager a chance ?

Or would you prefer the new guy was replaced and CL reinstated

as manager  ? 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Why don't you give the new manager a chance ?

Or would you prefer the new guy was replaced and CL reinstated

as manager  ? 

I would rather folk stopped talking about Levein. It was tedious before and is extremely tedious now.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I would rather folk stopped talking about Levein. It was tedious before and is extremely tedious now.

You seem very bitter that he's been replaced.

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You seem very bitter that he's been replaced.

I was asking which young players were gonna be playing. I’ve no idea what you’re talking about. Do you?

highlandjambo3
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I took that as a generalisation that any young lad that DS thinks is good enough will get a chance.....Age should not be a barrier (I know you didn’t say it was), if your good enough your in.

On 15/01/2020 at 11:07, Ted Hastings said:

I called it. :smugger:

On 15/01/2020 at 20:35, Rudy T said:

Great post 👏👏

On 16/01/2020 at 01:23, Mr Elwood P said:

Hopefully the same young lads that The dinasaur was too shit scared to play and throughout his tenure.

I mean, bottom of the league and all that. Might he have mixed it up a bit and have them a chance ? No, sadly he chucked them out on loan and went with the tried and tested. Story of his life.

Stendel will give the young lads a chance now if they perform. Something that our predecessor was incapable of.

It was extremely obvious what Rudy T was trying to say and I for one echo his sentiments entirely.

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Hopefully the same young lads that The dinasaur was too shit scared to play and throughout his tenure.

I mean, bottom of the league and all that. Might he have mixed it up a bit and have them a chance ? No, sadly he chucked them out on loan and went with the tried and tested. Story of his life.

Stendel will give the young lads a chance now if they perform. Something that our predecessor was incapable of.

It was extremely obvious what Rudy T was trying to say and I for one echo his sentiments entirely.

Embarrassing to suggest that Levein didn’t give youth players a chance. He started a 16 year old in the Scottish Cup final! Players go out on loan as they’re not good enough, yet. Hickey hasn’t been on loan as he is good enough. Cochrane & McDonald haven’t stood out it in the Scottish Championship. Folk debate whether Shankland will make the step up, he’s tearing the league to shreds. Engage your brain!

44 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Embarrassing to suggest that Levein didn’t give youth players a chance. He started a 16 year old in the Scottish Cup final! Players go out on loan as they’re not good enough, yet. Hickey hasn’t been on loan as he is good enough. Cochrane & McDonald haven’t stood out it in the Scottish Championship. Folk debate whether Shankland will make the step up, he’s tearing the league to shreds. Engage your brain!

When it's not plugged in it won't work. 

38 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

When it's not plugged in it won't work. 

😀

Aye ok both. That made me laugh.

Hickey 

Yes, Levein did start a 16 year old in the Scottish Cup Final but let’s be honest about the circumstances around it. It was more around failed recruitment on his part and signing too many duds at full back.

All you heard a levein say was that he would try and take Hickey out the team If he could and had another option but he didn’t 

Stendel says he can’t afford to leave Hickey out because of performances. Nothing to do with age 

Fast forward 2/3 years and players like Cochrane/McDonald/Smith/Moore and Henderson were still being linked or being shipped out in loan. Seriously, if they aren’t getting in the 1st team after a year or 2 of breaking through, then something is seriously wrong 

Craig “Well, they are just not ready to play yet. Best we stick with the first team as they are doing fantastically well” 

In case you hadn’t noticed Henderson has hardly missed a game under Stendel. Keena got chances all be it he is now away.

Mcdonald and Cochrane both recalled and WILL be given an opportunity to play. They haven’t came back so they can watch the wall paper dry.

There is also Smith/Logan and Moore who did well with the reserves and I think they will also be given a chance with a few games 

These are the players that Stendel will Give a chance with 

I’ll strike a deal with you both 

I will plug/engage my brain when folk like you 2 stop trying to defend that muppet of a man and take anything that he says with a pinch of salt - seriously.

43 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

😀

Aye ok both. That made me laugh.

Hickey 

Yes, Levein did start a 16 year old in the Scottish Cup Final but let’s be honest about the circumstances around it. It was more around failed recruitment on his part and signing too many duds at full back.

All you heard a levein say was that he would try and take Hickey out the team If he could and had another option but he didn’t 

Stendel says he can’t afford to leave Hickey out because of performances. Nothing to do with age 

Fast forward 2/3 years and players like Cochrane/McDonald/Smith/Moore and Henderson were still being linked or being shipped out in loan. Seriously, if they aren’t getting in the 1st team after a year or 2 of breaking through, then something is seriously wrong 

Craig “Well, they are just not ready to play yet. Best we stick with the first team as they are doing fantastically well” 

In case you hadn’t noticed Henderson has hardly missed a game under Stendel. Keena got chances all be it he is now away.

Mcdonald and Cochrane both recalled and WILL be given an opportunity to play. They haven’t came back so they can watch the wall paper dry.

There is also Smith/Logan and Moore who did well with the reserves and I think they will also be given a chance with a few games 

These are the players that Stendel will Give a chance with 

I’ll strike a deal with you both 

I will plug/engage my brain when folk like you 2 stop trying to defend that muppet of a man and take anything that he says with a pinch of salt - seriously.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48925615

The only two youth players that look

fully ready are Irving and Hickey, both of whom were introduced under Levein. Another example of folk being unable to be objective about Craig Levein. If Henderson is going to be getting so much game time then why is a new striker currently our number one priority?

On 15/01/2020 at 07:35, Rudy T said:

Clare has shown me Daniel's smart as feck. The main reason Clare's succeeding is that he's receiving the ball on the run now. When he receives the ball standing still he doesnt know what to do, when he receives it on the run he knows exactly what to do.

Watch for it tomorrow, the ball being played to the space in front of Clare for him to run on to, something we very rarely saw under levein. 

fully ready are Irving and Hickey, both of whom were introduced under Levein. Another example of folk being unable to be objective about Craig Levein. If Henderson is going to be getting so much game time then why is a new striker currently our number one priority?

Indeed , the shapes people twist themselves into trying to find another reason to criticise Levein is quite breathtaking .

It would be comical if it wasn't so pathetic

Completely agree with the possibility of Brandon too, he is a little hit or miss but given time I think he will be a keeper.

29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Clare has shown me Daniel's smart as feck. The main reason Clare's succeeding is that he's receiving the ball on the run now. When he receives the ball standing still he doesnt know what to do, when he receives it on the run he knows exactly what to do.

Watch for it tomorrow, the ball being played to the space in front of Clare for him to run on to, something we very rarely saw under levein. 

Spot on. Clare was frustrating as hell to watch for the last year, there’s obvious talent in the lad but he was restricted due to the shite we were producing on the pitch under Levein, he now looks a complete different player, he’s gaining confidence every game which is vital in a player. No wonder he wasn’t performing when our own fans were booing him off the pitch and even on the pitch when he was subbed on, yes he was pish but that’s low, he’s now showing what we were told when he signed that he was a young talented player that would excel up here. 

hopefully our Daniel will have the same impact on a few more of our players who have thus far underperformed and drag us out of this position we find ourselves in. 

HHGH 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

9 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Spot on. Clare was frustrating as hell to watch for the last year, there’s obvious talent in the lad but he was restricted due to the shite we were producing on the pitch under Levein, he now looks a complete different player, he’s gaining confidence every game which is vital in a player. No wonder he wasn’t performing when our own fans were booing him off the pitch and even on the pitch when he was subbed on, yes he was pish but that’s low, he’s now showing what we were told when he signed that he was a young talented player that would excel up here. 

hopefully our Daniel will have the same impact on a few more of our players who have thus far underperformed and drag us out of this position we find ourselves in. 

HHGH 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

It was really heart warming to see him be applauded after being sent off against Aberdeen it is clear to all players now if you leave it all on the pitch, no matter the result the fans will back you.

40 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

It was really heart warming to see him be applauded after being sent off against Aberdeen it is clear to all players now if you leave it all on the pitch, no matter the result the fans will back you.

Exactly bud 👍🏻. We are a tough crowd at times, when it’s good Tynecastle is brilliant and intimidating for opponents, when it’s bad it’s intimidating for our own 😕

what we need is to fully back the players and manager for the rest of the season to give us that intimidating place we all love and opposition hate to get us out of this hole, I’m confident we will do so. 

🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻 HHGH

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, neonjambo said:

Completely agree with the possibility of Brandon too, he is a little hit or miss but given time I think he will be a keeper.

Get him in goals tomorrow.  😊

6 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Sums our supporters up for me. The criticism our fans have had on this site is disgraceful. We have, by and large, been remarkably restrained given the lack of effort from the side. 

Delighted for Clare. Hope he can keep focused and show the same commitment as he’s shown recently for the rest of the season. Clearly got skill and will be a big player for us if he keeps it going. Looks much better with the game in front of him and space to run in to.

There seems to be an attitude that we win together, we lose together. Transparency and honesty is being brought to the table and everyone needs to own their part their role on the team, gaffer included. 

I flipping love that. A long time since we’ve had that attitude. 

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Indeed , the shapes people twist themselves into trying to find another reason to criticise Levein is quite breathtaking .

It would be comical if it wasn't so pathetic

Its beyond belief that with all the evidence before your eyes, league position, style of play, that you would in any way defend Levein, he very nearly destroyed our club, Stendel has a massive task to turn this around, its a massive task because of Craig Leveins incompetence.

2 minutes ago, Ballitojambo said:

Its beyond belief that with all the evidence before your eyes, league position, style of play, that you would in any way defend Levein, he very nearly destroyed our club, Stendel has a massive task to turn this around, its a massive task because of Craig Leveins incompetence.

Where am I defending Levein ?

What is beyond belief , when people have plenty of material to criticise him with , they choose to invent stuff .

Unfortunately too sad to be hilarious 

part_time_jambo
9 hours ago, neonjambo said:

That's good because we need a keeper.

14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I called it. :smugger:

Alright Mr Smug, I’ll be sure to put about your newly confirmed ITK status on the forum. Prepare to have a busy busy inbox. 

I’m happy with that decision though, he is a natural leader and was effectively captain without the armband when Berra was still in the team. Hope I’m wrong but I do still think that Souttar or Halkett will wear the armband again this season. 

8 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Where am I defending Levein ?

What is beyond belief , when people have plenty of material to criticise him with , they choose to invent stuff .

Unfortunately too sad to be hilarious 

What was being invented as just a matter of interest ?

The fact that Craig Levein doesn’t have a clue or the fact that the 3 young boys today were amongst the best players on the park (Irvine, Henderson and Moore) 

No need to invent stuff. The facts speak for themselves. Stendel will play youth and will get the best out of these players. 

If you think Levein did likewise you are deluded at best 

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Sums our supporters up for me. The criticism our fans have had on this site is disgraceful. We have, by and large, been remarkably restrained given the lack of effort from the side. 

Delighted for Clare. Hope he can keep focused and show the same commitment as he’s shown recently for the rest of the season. Clearly got skill and will be a big player for us if he keeps it going. Looks much better with the game in front of him and space to run in to.

This

18 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

HHGH 🇱🇻♥️🇱🇻

This

17 hours ago, neonjambo said:

This

9 hours ago, Ballitojambo said:

And VERY much this 

11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

What was being invented as just a matter of interest ?

The fact that Craig Levein doesn’t have a clue or the fact that the 3 young boys today were amongst the best players on the park (Irvine, Henderson and Moore) 

No need to invent stuff. The facts speak for themselves. Stendel will play youth and will get the best out of these players. 

If you think Levein did likewise you are deluded at best 

I'll assume you're just another who can't read .

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I'll assume you're just another who can't read .

I can read perfectly well thank you and if your previous post was a dig in respect if you insinuating folk like me were making things up to get more material to bash up Craig Levein then you are all over the place 

If you read the previous posts it was all to do with Stendel giving the youth a chance. Go back and have another wee read over the thread as it appears that you don’t even have a clue as to why you posted and got involved in the first place 👍

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

I can read perfectly well thank you and if your previous post was a dig in respect if you insinuating folk like me were making things up to get more material to bash up Craig Levein then you are all over the place 

If you read the previous posts it was all to do with Stendel giving the youth a chance. Go back and have another wee read over the thread as it appears that you don’t even have a clue as to why you posted and got involved in the first place 👍

No .

Your post , apparently in response to my post (?) , had no relevance to my post .

My main point is quite simple , there are plenty things to 'bashup' CL for . The whole forum is riddled with people inventing things on this subject .

You don't think people are making things up !

Very good 

43 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

No .

Your post , apparently in response to my post (?) , had no relevance to my post .

My main point is quite simple , there are plenty things to 'bashup' CL for . The whole forum is riddled with people inventing things on this subject .

You don't think people are making things up !

Very good 

No, I don’t tbh 

Putting the personal insults to one side (I have been guilty myself of this) 

Most of the critical posts I have read against CL are all true in the majority of cases 

I think what some folk (including me) find jaw dropping is that due to the amount of damage he has caused the CLUB he should get some leeway because he is a so called Hearts Legend 

He used to be in my eyes, but since he could not figure out the short term/long term damage he and his cronies were causing and some of them, including him still taking a salary from the club, that legend status is gone and probably for good 

How the hell anyone can still try and defend anything he has done is beyond belief.

You need to get over the fact that most folk now have had their eyes opened and when his name is mentioned in any context the initial thought is around the amount of damage, wasted funds, poor coaching and abject standards he has introduced to HOMFC 

That will be the legacy that Craig Levein and how chums have created. You need to get over this fact. 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

No, I don’t tbh 

Putting the personal insults to one side (I have been guilty myself of this) 

Most of the critical posts I have read against CL are all true in the majority of cases 

I think what some folk (including me) find jaw dropping is that due to the amount of damage he has caused the CLUB he should get some leeway because he is a so called Hearts Legend 

He used to be in my eyes, but since he could not figure out the short term/long term damage he and his cronies were causing and some of them, including him still taking a salary from the club, that legend status is gone and probably for good 

How the hell anyone can still try and defend anything he has done is beyond belief.

You need to get over the fact that most folk now have had their eyes opened and when his name is mentioned in any context the initial thought is around the amount of damage, wasted funds, poor coaching and abject standards he has introduced to HOMFC 

That will be the legacy that Craig Levein and how chums have created. You need to get over this fact. 

Sorry , this is frustrating , but read my posts on the subject and then read your own responses . You are not making any sense in relation to what I'm saying 

On 14/01/2020 at 22:24, ToqueJambo said:

It's amazing how many Hearts fans on here seem strangers to very basic and well known things about Hearts. Almost like they're not He.... oh never mind

I’m new on here ......He.... heroes!! Well are you one !!! I take it that’s what you were trying to say .... maybe you are just a forum Geek that knows everything 🤡

2 hours ago, johnthomas said:

Sorry , this is frustrating , but read my posts on the subject and then read your own responses . You are not making any sense in relation to what I'm saying 

😀

Ok, just read all your posts on the thread 

You are saying that folk, assuming me as well, when you quoted Mr EP, when I was trying to make a point, are trying desperately to bash CL at every point 

This is frustrating when if you look at what he has done there is no need to find or twist anything else to have a go at him as he has done more than enough damage himself. 

We will just leave it there. If there is a hidden meaning to your posts and you are trying to say something else entirely then I am obviously not getting what you are getting at 

Apologies if this is the case as I thought you were crystal clear in your posts and what you meant 

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, One five said:

I’m new on here ......He.... heroes!! Well are you one !!! I take it that’s what you were trying to say .... maybe you are just a forum Geek that knows everything 🤡

No, was just stating the obvious - an awful lot of Hibees on this board.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, was just stating the obvious - an awful lot of Hibees on this board.

Well I’m not one o the vermins I might be a lot o things but not a f*****g hobo pal?

26 minutes ago, One five said:

Well I’m not one o the vermins I might be a lot o things but not a f*****g hobo pal?

That should have been a ! Not? 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
30 minutes ago, One five said:

Well I’m not ! I maybe a lot of things but not a f*****g hobo mate 

Strangely, being called a Hobo on here isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

26 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Strangely, being called a Hobo on here isn't necessarily a bad thing. 

Hobo vermin scum hibby all mean the same to me full stop.