• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• One five

• Hearts1975

• Boris5115

• GinRummy

really open interview, as much as he can be. looking to get players in in the next few days. tried to tackle the berra situation which was nice as well. 

Again the mans honesty shines through.Hopes we can bring players in but realises it's hard and the club are trying their best.Also training good but not perfect cause of weather and good to have injured players return but they have had no game time.

Very refreshing to hear this thoughts. Good to hear we are very close to a couple of new faces in the squad over the next couple of days too.

5 minutes ago, Hertz51 said:

Mentions 3 coming back but no mention of Haring? Any news when he’ll be back?  

3 months before his contract runs out 

Footballfirst

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/trio-to-feature-against-airdrie

Daniel Stendel is looking forward to welcoming Steven Naismith, John Souttar and Conor Washington back into the fold for Saturday’s Scottish Cup tie against Airdrieonians.

The trio have all trained since the first team returned to the training pitch following a short winter break and the manager has no hesitation about involving all three at Tynecastle this weekend.

Daniel also revealed that the club is working tirelessly to add to the squad during the transfer window, and is hopeful progress will be made on that front in the near future.

Speaking to HeartsTV, he said: “Yes, Souttar and Naismith could play on Saturday, also Washington. He played for 15 minutes in the last game against Aberdeen but he was not 100% fit.

“I hoped that he could maybe score to make it 2-1 for us, especially with his pace, but we knew before that he needs time to train and he’s had no games like John Souttar.

“All three are important players for us. We hope that they stay fit and can play in the second part of the season, so much more than they played in the first.

“I think we have some ‘new players’ in the squad that we missed in the first half.

“For us it is important that we can play similar to the last game against Aberdeen, It was a big step forward from our performances, from our style of play. I think the one and only thing we missed was scoring goals.

“We work on this but a goalscorer you cannot bake in a bakery, you need to maybe bring some players in or other players need more confidence to score the goals that we need.

“We work hard to change it and I hope that we can bring some players in. In training all the players want to stay in front but I think we need some quality to score more goals.

“It’s sometimes hard, for every club in January, to find the right player for the right money. But I can say that the club work hard to help us to bring the players in.

“I hope that we can give news this week and we can bring some players in. We are very close to signing and I hope in the next days we can say yes.”

Daniel’s interview is available to watch on freeview by clicking here.

11 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Well unless I misunderstood Naismith, Souttar and Washington are available for selection. 

A direct quote from him, not sure there is anything to misunderstand.

Good news for a change.

13 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Nothing about Zeefuik coming back? Does he even mention the weather?

:seething:

Yes he mentioned the weather.  :thumbsup:

August Landmesser
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Yes he mentioned the weather.  :thumbsup:

That's something at least! 

Daniel IN!!111!!

20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We work on this but a goalscorer you cannot bake in a bakery, you need to maybe bring some players in or other players need more confidence to score the goals that we need.

Absolutely love this guy.

Adam_the_legend
33 minutes ago, Hertz51 said:

Mentions 3 coming back but no mention of Haring? Any news when he’ll be back?  

In no way ITK but I have a feeling we’ll never see haring play again. 

Daniel Stendel is the single most important person to be part of our wonderful club in more years than I can remember.

He is the difference.

I implore everyone to forget Levein. Forget Budge. Forget the pitch. Forget Wighton. Forget every single piece of negative shit that has infested this club recently and back Stendel.

All of the above negatives are irrelevant right now. Right now we have Stendel with the players behind him. They are backing him. The club is backing him. 

**** looking backwards!!!

This is the start of something amazing. I can tell 👍

4 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

In no way ITK but I have a feeling we’ll never see haring play again. 

Sadly I think we may have seen the last of Haring. There is no updates re his situation coming from the club. 

7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Sadly I think we may have seen the last of Haring. There is no updates re his situation coming from the club. 

It's looking ominous tbh. ☹️

2 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Looked a bit unkempt

Away with you. We're not living in the 19th century. As long as he does the business, who cares how he looks.

NaturalOrder74
3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Looked a bit unkempt

think he’ll look class holding the Scottish cup tbh the great finale to inside Tynecastle or whatever it’s called 🙏

Takeshi kovac
1 minute ago, One five said:

Tbh it’s looking like a career ending injury! I very much hope I’m wrong as he is such a great player 🤦‍♂️

Gutted if this rumour turns out to be true. He was strolling this league and would smash under Stendall I reckon

I would really rather we waited and kept Naismith for the midweek Ross county match next week. A much much bigger game than the airdrie match and one we urgently need 3 points in.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Away with you. We're not living in the 19th century. As long as he does the business, who cares how he looks.

I think his comment was tongue in cheek :D

1 minute ago, Mort said:

I would really rather we waited and kept Naismith for the midweek Ross county match next week. A much much bigger game than the airdrie match and one we urgently need 3 points in.

Maybe on bench then give him last 15

2 minutes ago, Mort said:

Needs matches though for sharpness. Hope his problems are behind him