Doyle free to leave?

BRY

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's absolutely crap and should be nowhere near Hearts as a number 2.

Nah, at our level he's OK. 

But we don't need 3 senior keepers, he's the worst, so bye bye. 

Hearts will not get good keepers to sit as number 2 and tbh I want the money available spent in an established number, not split over two average type keepers. 

Who our number 2  is irrelevant in all honesty, although hopefully a young lad is pushing through soon. 

He's an international and played at a decent level for a long time relative to Hearts. 

Your crap comment is crap. 

He was signed as number 2, was adequate, we don't need 3 keepers so he's punted. 

None story tbh. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, at our level he's OK. 

But we don't need 3 senior keepers, he's the worst, so bye bye. 

Hearts will not get good keepers to sit as number 2 and tbh I want the money available spent in an established number, not split over two average type keepers. 

Who our number 2  is irrelevant in all honesty, although hopefully a young lad is pushing through soon. 

He's an international and played at a decent level for a long time relative to Hearts. 

Your crap comment is crap. 

He was signed as number 2, was adequate, we don't need 3 keepers so he's punted. 

None story tbh. 

Agree. A 3rd choice is should always be our U21 keeper.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

If you think Tepi was a bombscare too there really is no hope. Solid back-up, check his record. 

As for Levein's record with goalies as manager and DoF - he can take credit for Gordon As for Tepi, he was far from our worse back-up and was signed to ease Gordon in. Signing a top class goalie would have meant no place for Gordon. Would that have been your strategy?

Then he got Alexander as DoF, who was very solid, then very nearly got Gilks who went to Rangers at the last minute, then brought in McLaughlin and again we were unlucky we couldn't keep him. Unlike JJ he didn't have 500K to buy a top class goalie in Niemi. Generally he's done a good job. This season it's quite hard to assess the goalies as there's been no defence in front of them at times on top of the general malaise in the first team. It's certainly been a problem positioned one Levein has tried to address and now it's Stendel's turn. But you just bash on.

Tepi was shit.  Threw a ball in the net in a Derby.  How on earth can Levein get praise for finding Craig Gordon?  It would be the equivalent of praising Danny Lennon for finding John McGinn.  

He didn’t get Alexander as director of football, Alexander was a boyhood Jambo wanting to come and play for us, if you want to give him the credit for that fine - well as director of football he’s wasted millions and millions on utter shite including all the gash Cathro asked Levein to bring in.  

Levein has signed one good goalie his whole managerial career - even McGlaughlin was on trial when Cathro got sacked.   You do seem to think he brings in a lot of number 2s.  That itself is ironic.  

annushorribilis III
4 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

That doesn't even make sense Craig Levein never binned Doyle at all. In fact he either played him or had him 2nd choice every game this season up until his injury in November.

Doyle played in goal ahead of both Zlamal and Pereira in August then Pereira took the number 1 spot. Doyle was on the bench as second choice keeper right up until November. Zlamal wasn't even making the bench ahead of Doyle from when he was dropped in August.

The only reason Zlamal even made it back on the bench was Doyle broke his ankle in November. I presume you forgot he broke his ankle and couldn't play?

If Doyle is leaving the club I think you will find Stendel is the only one who has ever binned him. 

I'll leave it there - in your own words. 

Edited by annushorribilis III

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Tepi was shit.  Threw a ball in the net in a Derby.  How on earth can Levein get praise for finding Craig Gordon?  It would be the equivalent of praising Danny Lennon for finding John McGinn.  

He didn’t get Alexander as director of football, Alexander was a boyhood Jambo wanting to come and play for us, if you want to give him the credit for that fine - well as director of football he’s wasted millions and millions on utter shite including all the gash Cathro asked Levein to bring in.  

Levein has signed one good goalie his whole managerial career - even McGlaughlin was on trial when Cathro got sacked.   You do seem to think he brings in a lot of number 2s.  That itself is ironic.  

🤣 You don't "find" players like coins down your sofa. Levein sent him on loan, then recalled him early to give him his debut, then managed his progress including a nightmare second game, and by the time Levein left Gordon was a Scotland international. If Levein can't take credit for Gordon who can?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Forever Hearts
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

So if he was a brilliant player, we maybe should help him?

Yes, we're supposed to be a FOOTBALL club. Not a charity. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes, we're supposed to be a FOOTBALL club. Not a charity. 

Levein saw Doyle as our mid-term No.2 keeper and gave him a contract accordingly. There's nothing charitable about it. 

If there were personal things going on for Doyle that meant he would appreciate some stability and we gave it to him, isn't that just good employee relations?

Anyhow, it kind of contradicts the stuff in the papers about how badly we supposedly treat players if we did do that!

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein saw Doyle as our mid-term No.2 keeper and gave him a contract accordingly. There's nothing charitable about it. 

If there were personal things going on for Doyle that meant he would appreciate some stability and we gave it to him, isn't that just good employee relations?

Anyhow, it kind of contradicts the stuff in the papers about how badly we supposedly treat players if we did do that!

Levein couldn't see his own face in a mirror. 

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We don't and we did. All good. 

Bazzas right boot
41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Yip. 

19 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What position do they play in? 

That's just the stupid type of reply I'd expect from a club critic like you.

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's just the stupid type of reply I'd expect from a club critic like you.

If you could just answer the question. Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

If you could just answer the question. Thanks. 

I normally answer questions but often ignore stupid ones.

If you think football clubs should relate solely to football matters then you've never managed in your life.

We could have ditched Ryan Stevenson when he had his problems.  We could have told Lafferty to paddle his own canoe when (alleged) debts were getting on top of him.   As a caring employer we supported our employees.

Would you rather just have cast them to the wind?

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I normally answer questions but often ignore stupid ones.

If you think football clubs should relate solely to football matters then you've never managed in your life.

We could have ditched Ryan Stevenson when he had his problems.  We could have told Lafferty to paddle his own canoe when (alleged) debts were getting on top of him.   As a caring employer we supported our employees.

Would you rather just have cast them to the wind?

Stevenson and Lafferty were good footballers who helped HMFC achieve good football results. Colin Doyle is the opposite and lost us games of football and did not deserve a new contract. 

I hope that clears it up. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Stevenson and Lafferty were good footballers who helped HMFC achieve good football results. Colin Doyle is the opposite and lost us games of football and did not deserve a new contract. 

I've got it now.

If he's a good player we can extend compassion and understanding but if he's not we should ignore him in his time of need. The personal disruption he was undergoing might even had an effect on his ability to do his job.

Thanks for clearing that up

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I've got it now.

If he's a good player we can extend compassion and understanding but if he's not we should ignore him in his time of need. The personal disruption he was undergoing might even had an effect on his ability to do his job.

Poor footballers do not deserve extended contracts, regardless of their personal circumstances. If I'm performing poorly at my job and my contract is coming to an end there's no way my boss would extend it because of personal problems. Doyle was a terrible goalkeeper before he signed for Hearts (check the video of his gaffes) and he will be a terrible goalkeeper when he leaves Hearts. That's a simple fact. 

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I've got it now.

Perhaps Levein was remembering how he got away with an on field assault and the victim was moved on 🤷‍♂️

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Can you provide a link?

Certainly wasn't mentioned as fact on the thread about his contract extension on here. Someone suggested that might be the reason but wasn't claiming they knew that was the case. It wasn't included in the Hearts official release or in the Evening News Story at the time. Both quoted Doyle as saying part of his happiness in signing an extension was because his family had moved up to Edinburgh, but neither suggested the reason that Hearts gave him the extension was due to personal reasons. I tried googling it and couldn't find anything.

I remember reading it mate, but I'm buggered if I can find it, I'm pretty sure it was Levein who came out with the comments but may be wrong on that one, but it was definitely reported somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps Levein was remembering how he got away with an on field assault and the victim was moved on 🤷‍♂️

Not really relevant and , of course , not what actually happened 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not really relevant and , of course , not what actually happened 

What happened then?

6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What happened then?

Probably easier to look it up but , as I remember it , on field dispute .  Hogg went for Levein and came second . 

Levein got massive suspension . Hogg wanted out and went .

I'm sure I've read they are quite good pals nowadays

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Probably easier to look it up but , as I remember it , on field dispute .  Hogg went for Levein and came second . 

I’ll take your word for it.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’ll take your word for it.

Well just in case my word , or memory , is not good enough I looked it up .

'Hogg tried to head butt Levein and he retaliated with his fists'

Hogg got a broken nose . Both players got 10 match ban .

Levein was fined 2 weeks wages and stripped of the captaincy .

Bizarre how completely wrong nookie bears version of events is . Or maybe not 

52 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Poor footballers do not deserve extended contracts, regardless of their personal circumstances. If I'm performing poorly at my job and my contract is coming to an end there's no way my boss would extend it because of personal problems. Doyle was a terrible goalkeeper before he signed for Hearts (check the video of his gaffes) and he will be a terrible goalkeeper when he leaves Hearts. That's a simple fact. 

That may be so but does anybody tell you what you should do with your money?

If so, what's your reply?

27 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

I

19 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Well just in case my word , or memory , is not good enough I looked it up .

'Hogg tried to head butt Levein and he retaliated with his fists'

Hogg got a broken nose . Both players got 10 match ban .

Levein was fined 2 weeks wages and stripped of the captaincy .

Bizarre how completely wrong nookie bears version of events is . Or maybe not 

I never gave my version of events, but i felt Levein got off lightly because of his status at the time. if Levein had been a reserve player he would have been sacked.

I was at the game but only really saw Hogg lying on the floor and players dragging Levein away.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That may be so but does anybody tell you what you should do with your money?

If so, what's your reply?

Just my wife. Entirely different scenario and circumstance though. 🙄

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Just my wife. Entirely different scenario and circumstance though. 🙄

If someone else did, what would you tell them?

That's a rhetorical question BTW!

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If someone else did, what would you tell them?

That's a rhetorical question BTW!

It's a daft question. If said person had contributed to my money I would give them a response. I contribute to HMFC and I am entitled to my say if I see us squandering money on poor footballers. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I

I never gave my version of events, but i felt Levein got off lightly because of his status at the time. if Levein had been a reserve player he would have been sacked.

I was at the game but only really saw Hogg lying on the floor and players dragging Levein away.

You gave a version of events which was completely untrue . You say you were at the game ? So whose version did you

give ?

This was basically a training game . Players fall out at training all the time . This unusually , at that time , was caught on camera .

Hogg attacked Levein . Difficult to believe any club would sack a player for defending themselves . 

Levein was banned for 10 games , fined 2 weeks wages and stripped of the captaincy . Hardly getting off lightly after being attacked 

15 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's a daft question. If said person had contributed to my money I would give them a response. I contribute to HMFC and I am entitled to my say if I see us squandering money on poor footballers. 

It's one you're unwilling to answer head on.  I wonder why.

PS - Once you give HMFC your ST etc cash it becomes their money.  If you disagree then I suggest next season you ask them what they propose to do with your contribution and, depending on their reply, you can decide to go ahead or not.

Edited by JamboAl

11 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

You gave a version of events which was completely untrue . You say you were at the game ? So whose version did you

give ?

This was basically a training game . Players fall out at training all the time . This unusually , at that time , was caught on camera .

Hogg attacked Levein . Difficult to believe any club would sack a player for defending themselves . 

Levein was banned for 10 games , fined 2 weeks wages and stripped of the captaincy . Hardly getting off lightly after being attacked 

Players have their noses broken at training all the time? Headbutts? It was a bit more than that.

In fairness, Levein was lucky not to be shown the door but he was too valuable to simply let go. Hogg - who i understand was not the most popular around the club - was gently ushered out the door a while later.

Forever Hearts

It's one you're unwilling to answer head on.  I wonder why.

PS - Once you give HMFC your ST etc cash it becomes their money.  If you disagree then I suggest next season you ask them what they propose to do with your contribution and, depending on their reply, you can decide to go ahead or not.

Nah, I'll continue to criticise them when they deserve it for squandering my money. 

9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Players have their noses broken at training all the time? Headbutts? It was a bit more than that.

In fairness, Levein was lucky not to be shown the door but he was too valuable to simply let go. Hogg - who i understand was not the most popular around the club - was gently ushered out the door a while later.

The headbutt was by Hogg , the attacker.

Hogg was widely quoted immediately after his attack as saying 'I'm out of here'.

I never said players get their noses broken at training all the time . Though if you start a fight there is a reasonable chance of getting a broken nose .

What you initially posted was just absolute pish (quite astonishing as you were actually there) . Any report from that time confirms this . Why you continue to defend this nonsense is , to say the least , strange .

Horse on 

4 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

The headbutt was by Hogg , the attacker.

Hogg was widely quoted immediately after his attack as saying 'I'm out of here'.

I never said players get their noses broken at training all the time . Though if you start a fight there is a reasonable chance of getting a broken nose .

What you initially posted was just absolute pish (quite astonishing as you were actually there) . Any report from that time confirms this . Why you continue to defend this nonsense is , to say the least , strange .

Horse on 

I still have not actually given my version of events from that day. I said i was there but, as anyone else would confirm, nobody had a clear view or recollection of what happened until it came up later online.

I was merely referring to the aftermath and how i recalled it.

Chill.

52 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nah, I'll continue to criticise them when they deserve it for squandering my money. 

Your money mate will just be a drop in the ocean.

Did you raise your concerns at the recent AGM or are you just a customer of the club?

Forever Hearts
47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Your money mate will just be a drop in the ocean.

Did you raise your concerns at the recent AGM or are you just a customer of the club?

I didn't attend the AGM but I have let Hearts know my feelings on the complete and utter shambles we have sat and watched for the last 18 months. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I didn't attend the AGM but I have let Hearts know my feelings on the complete and utter shambles we have sat and watched for the last 18 months. 

Good for you.

We can expect things to change now.

PS - Did you mention the charity to Doyle, if indeed that was the case?  If so, what was the reply?

Forever Hearts

Good for you.

We can expect things to change now.

PS - Did you mention the charity to Doyle, if indeed that was the case?  If so, what was the reply?

Why would I mention the charity to Doyle? 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Doyle’s 40% or so clean sheet record from his 10 or so games is acceptable for a backup keeper. Quite why a backup keeper is generating this much vitriol is bizarre. Look forward to your opinion of our next reserve goalie. Doyle was neither great or terrible. A pretty average reserve goalie we only saw more of because of the general goalie situation. Better than many previous backups.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Doyle’s 40% or so clean sheet record from his 10 or so games is acceptable for a backup keeper. Quite why a backup keeper is generating this much vitriol is bizarre. Look forward to your opinion of our next reserve goalie.

Clean sheets against who? He is terrible and the video backs it up. Giving him an extension was a joke, but not surprising with the current regime.

queensferryjambo
14 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

I'll leave it there - in your own words. 

You can leave it there all you want. You are twisting my words to fit the nonsense you said.

No matter how much you want to spin it what you said was total garbage and Levein never at any point binned Doyle. 

Guest ToqueJambo
17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Clean sheets against who? He is terrible and the video backs it up. Giving him an extension was a joke, but not surprising with the current regime.

So you don’t even know his record and may not even have seen him in person?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Lord BJ said:

The view that Colin Doyle is good enough to be a back up goalkeeper. Is not a view that DS shares, hence why he’s been told he can find a new club. 

Suspect it means we’re after a new no. 1.