• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• JamboAl

• Dallas Green

• Bazzas right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874

All good and well telling these players they're free to leave but they ain't going anywhere while they've got a contract unless it's suits them financially 

So far there hasn't been a single departure that we can say is a strange decision. 

Everyone being told to leave has either given us nothing or has nothing left to give us. 

The Treasurer

I'm hoping that, given our new assistant manager's background, we might see an improvement in the standard of goalkeeping. Whether it's a new keeper or the current ones being coached properly.

I assume Gallacher will be next to go bleating to the press, sorry I meant, be told he can leave

I think he only got a contract extension on compassionate grounds anyway because of what he deals with on a daily basis with his family.

But that's no good for Hearts and he wasn't good enough to compete for a spot. Sorry Colin but football is harsh and I hope you can secure something going forward.

jack D and coke

Possibly the poorest keeper I’ve seen in my time watching Hearts. 
The blunder at Motherwell is always on the cards with him I feel. 
Another Levein special. 

The Old Tolbooth

This is the guy that Levein gave an extra years worth of contract to because he felt sorry for him, even though he was absolute shite! 

You couldn't make this club up! 

16 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

He's absolutely terrible.

Another dismal signing and waste of money.

I really try to be supportive, see the positive in all our players, but I can't help agreeing.

Very poor GK and glad to see the back of him, although that save from Whittaker down low in the bottom corner was one of the best and most underrated saves I've seen in a long time

23 minutes ago, HUFF PUFF said:

Levein and Budge has saddled us with such utter dross.

I hope they are proud of themselves.

Reminds me of our relegation season, and appears we've done a full circle but now have a new stand.

Our young players tried so hard back then, and fans were behind them in every game, even when we were getting a hiding.

We now have only half a season to go and we're 7 points from safety. Ground hog day and all that.....!!

No doubt there will be another press story of how Stendel has been amateurish and disrespectful in letting Doyle go with whelan putting his tuppence worth in!! 
and their wives also!!

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Very poor GK and glad to see the back of him, although that save from Whittaker down low in the bottom corner was one of the best and most underrated saves I've seen in a long time

A cracking save and is one of the bug bears I have with Perreria...as tragic a keeper as Doyle is at least he’s made one or two actual saves. He’s absolutely murder but he can at least pull off a save now and again. Joel just doesn’t make any...Feels like almost anything just almost always ends up in the back of the net. 
The first goal at Hamilton was really strange in the position he ended up in after the attempted dive. He just doesn’t look like a keeper to me and just wont do. As desperate as finding someone who can get us some goals are the dumplings at the other end. 
Levein and co really want their arses booted for leaving us with this shower. 

27 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Possibly the poorest keeper I’ve seen in my time watching Hearts. 
The blunder at Motherwell is always on the cards with him I feel. 
Another Levein special. 

Too young to remember Craig Nelson then?

Bazzas right boot

Not fussed about this but I thought we'd have kept Doyle as number 2 which he is happy to do and got rid of the the other 2 and brought in a number 1.

None of our keepers are good enough atm for No1 but Doyle did seem the perfect back up keeper. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Jack Hamilton as well Tbf. 

Don't need to go that far back. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

A cracking save and is one of the bug bears I have with Perreria...as tragic a keeper as Doyle is at least he’s made one or two actual saves. He’s absolutely murder but he can at least pull off a save now and again. Joel just doesn’t make any...Feels like almost anything just almost always ends up in the back of the net. 
The first goal at Hamilton was really strange in the position he ended up in after the attempted dive. He just doesn’t look like a keeper to me and just wont do. As desperate as finding someone who can get us some goals are the dumplings at the other end. 
Levein and co really want their arses booted for leaving us with this shower. 

Completely agree. Pereira dives before the ball has even been hit and seems to collapse to the floor every single time. He never gets a solid hand on anything, every shot bends his hands backwards like they are made of jelly. Forever palming balls into the net. Genuinely one of the only keepers I've ever seen that cannot make a save. How he is on the books at Man Utd and has been for so long blows my mind!

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Jack Hamilton as well Tbf. 

Don't need to go that far back. 

Hamilton was bad but Nelson was a whole other bomb scare.

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

No I’m not :lol: Henry was in goal when I first started going. Nelson was crap but Doyle imo is the worst keeper I’ve seen play for us. 
Just looks like he’s going to fumble it or drop it or something. Looks really stiff for a keeper. 
edit: These current keepers are the 3 worst keepers I’ve seen in goal for us. All of them cost us goals every time they play. 

Edited by jack D and coke

And the 2 losers who brought him in will be responsible for finding his replacement.  Fair play to DS for lasting this long.

Still 18 months left on his contract, no idea why he was given an extension. Hopefully he’ll get a club and off the wage bill.

30 minutes ago, kila said:

I think he only got a contract extension on compassionate grounds anyway because of what he deals with on a daily basis with his family.

But that's no good for Hearts and he wasn't good enough to compete for a spot. Sorry Colin but football is harsh and I hope you can secure something going forward.

Yes I think that’s an accurate assessment of the situation.everyone has stuff going on with their family was never good enough for hearts let’s hope he leaves with dignity and no wingding 

I do hope they sat him down in a comfy chair with tea and biscuits and southing music whilst they broke the devastating news to him. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

45 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

All good and well telling these players they're free to leave but they ain't going anywhere while they've got a contract unless it's suits them financially 

No worries at all on that front as AB tasked CL with offloading players from the club and budget. I have no idea what all the fuss is about. CL will rid the club of lots of dross which will release money for DS to get some real players in.

Window has only been open for a couple of weeks and it is going great so far with all the money made available to DS.

I think we should have a collective standing ovation for AB & CL for their outstanding efforts and results so far in this particular phase of HMFC development with the target being to achieve the dizzy heights as the third force in the Championship next season.

Go Hearts 

Its going to sound harsh but a football club shouldn't be offering extensions on compassionate grounds. Shows what a joke we had become! There was surely other ways we could have supported.

Anyway, he might not leave and sit it out since he's awful and unlikely to get the same money elsewhere.

In fact, all these players being told they can leave might just stay and pick up a wage. 

56 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Good point I guess we could find ourselves in a Martin situation with all these players I’ve got X amount of months left on my contract I’ll go on my terms  

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

No worries at all on that front as AB tasked CL with offloading players from the club and budget. I have no idea what all the fuss is about. CL will rid the club of lots of dross which will release money for DS to get some real players in.

Window has only been open for a couple of weeks and it is going great so far with all the money made available to DS.

I think we should have a collective standing ovation for AB & CL for their outstanding efforts and results so far in this particular phase of HMFC development with the target being to achieve the dizzy heights as the third force in the Championship next season.

Go Hearts 

Took a while for it to click! 

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

This, was the first name that I thought of.

Went to the games with my old man and his best mate who was an ex professional goalie who had played in England and Scotland. Within minutes of watching Nelson he called him out as useless. The only player he ever called wrongly was Levein and we cast it up for years afterwards. 

Treated shockingly by the club, he once made a save and now we’ve unceremoniously dumped him.

In his defence his one save is one more than the current number one, who has as much chance of playing for Man Utd as I do!

38 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This is the guy that Levein gave an extra years worth of contract to because he felt sorry for him, even though he was absolute shite! 

You couldn't make this club up! 

Doyle is a journeyman goalie . Arguably of the standard you would expect us to have as back up . 

If HMFC gave him an extension on his contract partly because of family illness then I , for one , am proud of that 

Hopefully he finds a club in this window to free up a wage.

He was a bad goalkeeper but that save at Easter Road was great.

19 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

I do hope they sat him down in a comfy chair with tea and biscuits and southing music whilst they broke the devastating news to him. 

You mean let's hope that he was told he in a compassionate and respectful manner. 

Yes, that is the least that we would hope for isn't it?

The White Cockade

All the best to Colin in the future

Never looked good enough

Not as bad as Brian Wilson but that’s pretty faint praise 

It will make little difference Doyle will just hang around until the end of his contract. Might even get the odd game in the event of an injury crisis. 

Can't blame him he needs the security of a guaranteed wage. 

Jambof3tornado

Good luck to him finding a club. Did his best in maroon but wasnt as good as previous wearers of the keepers gloves down gorgie way.

2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

You mean let's hope that he was told he in a compassionate and respectful manner. 

Yes, that is the least that we would hope for isn't it?

OK clever clogs tell us exactly how you would have handled this. 

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Good luck to him finding a club. Did his best in maroon but wasnt as good as previous wearers of the keepers gloves down gorgie way.

This

Jamboscanbevicius

Good decision. Have nothing against Doyle and sounds like he’s had some tough times personally. But he’s not great and we don’t need 3 GKs in the first team

squad.

And we need to stop coddling the whole squad too. It’s part of the culture that’s led to our position.

I Hope he gets a club and moves on for our sake and his own.