• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Italy look very dangerous when they get a chance but have made poor choices with Scotland toiling to defend.    Scotland seem nervous to swing it around.    No wonder when the next knock on is inevitably a pass away.

Its a good job it's Italy we're playing, the other 3 teams would've punished the errors.

Hastings couldn't kick snow off a dyke isn't helping. 

Scotland maintaining a good general set up and competed in the breakdown.

But the errors are embarrassing. And game very different if we had been 17-0 ahead with the kicks. 

Townsend gets another year. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Big decision 

I love the way that twat Davies was screaming for a penalty try. The only way Wales were scoring a try there was from a forward pass - the winger was already well in front of the man who was trying to pass to him.

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

That wee Welsh shitehouse on BBC is doing my nut in. 

I hope France ride them. 

The biggest Six Nations arsehole in the BBC’s world-class collection.

Scotland v France will be the game of tournament.  As long as Inverdale isn't talking I don't mind listening to bias commentary from ex pros. But they're all usually quite fair.

I have to admit, I usually shout some sweary words at the England kicker for his pre kick routine. But his hamming up of himself on BT has made me a fan. It's quite funny. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He lost the ball surely, how is that a try!

I wasn’t bothered about that. But there was a forward pass in the move that led to the try. Ignored by the officials. Every bit as forward as the one that cost France a try in the first half.

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He lost the ball surely, how is that a try!

Would have served Biggar right if the ref had disallowed it. Non-stop whinging.

Oops a bit of bad losing from the Welshies, there!

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

I wasn’t bothered about that. But there was a forward pass in the move that led to the try. Ignored by the officials. Every bit as forward as the one that cost France a try in the first half.

I don't watch much rugby apart from the six nations so the rules and how refs apply them still leave me baffled at times.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Would have served Biggar right if the ref had disallowed it. Non-stop whinging.

Oops a bit of bad losing from the Welshies, there!

Biggar try wasn't a try. Ref may have given it knowing he could have given the penalty try. 

5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I don't watch much rugby apart from the six nations so the rules and how refs apply them still leave me baffled at times.

Leaves the players baffled too. 

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

The refs are as confused as anyone else. They call forward passes on occasion, spend endless minutes in the first half resetting and then penalising collapsed scrums while ignoring them completely in the second half, stand and watch scrum-halves feed the ball into their own second row at every scrum, ignore offsides at every restart, largely ignore offside behind the rucks. It’s a great sport, but the application of the laws is so arbitrary as to make it look a bit stupid on frequent occasions.

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, leginten said:

There appears to be a lot of forward passes missed by the officials in modern rugby where players run onto passes at pace. Unless you are Scotland that is, we don't move it fast enough though to get away with it!

Malinga the Swinga

Positives from today

Back row display was awesome. The number of turnovers showed just how good Watson & Ritchie were with the rest of forwards not far behind them.

Defence was excellent. Doesn't' matter how pish Italy are, nilling someone is very difficult so congratulations are due to everyone.

Wales got pumped.

Negatives from today

Hastings and Price will never be a good international pairing. They lack vision, control and the dynamic something that separates the great from the average.

Made a couple of handling errors when better concentration would have seen more tries and points.

Finally, Italy are truly awful and don't deserve place in tournament. They should be booted and replaced by someone like Georgia/ Russia or whoever wins qualifying tournament which could run at same time and winners in 6 nations next year.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Positives from today

Back row display was awesome. The number of turnovers showed just how good Watson & Ritchie were with the rest of forwards not far behind them.

Defence was excellent. Doesn't' matter how pish Italy are, nilling someone is very difficult so congratulations are due to everyone.

Wales got pumped.

Negatives from today

Hastings and Price will never be a good international pairing. They lack vision, control and the dynamic something that separates the great from the average.

Made a couple of handling errors when better concentration would have seen more tries and points.

Finally, Italy are truly awful and don't deserve place in tournament. They should be booted and replaced by someone like Georgia/ Russia or whoever wins qualifying tournament which could run at same time and winners in 6 nations next year.

Yes Italy are poor but what makes you think either of the options mentioned would fare any better?  Maybe Itally + four more nations and create a 5 Nations League 1 and two with promotion and relegation (although we'd probably be a yo-yo team in it)? 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes Italy are poor but what makes you think either of the options mentioned would fare any better?  Maybe Itally + four more nations and create a 5 Nations League 1 and two with promotion and relegation (although we'd probably be a yo-yo team in it)? 

They'd never have that. Yes Scotland would be accepted by them, but any of the rest would destroy their championship. Georgia versus Wales instead of England v Wales is a no go. Say Scotland get relegated, then England have a disaster the following year. The games a boagie.

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, leginten said:

The refs are as confused as anyone else. They call forward passes on occasion, spend endless minutes in the first half resetting and then penalising collapsed scrums while ignoring them completely in the second half, stand and watch scrum-halves feed the ball into their own second row at every scrum, ignore offsides at every restart, largely ignore offside behind the rucks. It’s a great sport, but the application of the laws is so arbitrary as to make it look a bit stupid on frequent occasions.

Lineouts, too. More than half of them in the Wales game went directly to their own jumper. They seem to have stopped insisting on throws down the middle. 

49 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Lineouts, too. More than half of them in the Wales game went directly to their own jumper. They seem to have stopped insisting on throws down the middle. 

I actually omitted to mention that. In both games yesterday I noticed an extraordinarily high number of throws that weren’t remotely straight. I think the basic principles of the game need to be refereed strictly, consistently and fairly. Otherwise nobody knows where they stand. No point wasting minutes lecturing props about how high their bind should be if you can’t even see when a throw is not straight or notice that the entire pack is several metres in front of the kicker at every restart.

jack D and coke
22 hours ago, Victorian said:

France look the real deal for once.    Whingeing Wales losing is not unpleasant.

The France of old yesterday. Where have they been for about the last 10-15 years? Really enjoyed that game. 

Every time you think the English team has found the ultimate arsehole they produce another. 

So ladies and gents I present to you...

Ellis Genge. 

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Every time you think the English team has found the ultimate arsehole they produce another. 

Ellis Genge. 

thats the boy that came out with some nonsense after the scotland game

26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ellis Genge. 

Yeah he's an arsepiece.

Looks like France getting England 1st game was important as England are growing stronger.    Monstrous forwards,   especially Itoje,   who I must admit is a player any team would want.

France are good but have come unstuck at Murrayfield before.    Scotland could push them close if at their best,   thereby probably handing the championship to England.

I P Knightley
31 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Ellis Genge. 

The England fans love him in a 'cult hero' sort of way. Everyone seems to want to celebrate a dumbass in the 21st century!

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yeah he's an arsepiece.

Looks like France getting England 1st game was important as England are growing stronger.    Monstrous forwards,   especially Itoje,   who I must admit is a player any team would want.

France are good but have come unstuck at Murrayfield before.    Scotland could push them close if at their best,   thereby probably handing the championship to England.

Good god don't say that, as a scotsman living in England the shit I'd take would be insufferable😪

Malinga the Swinga

If Scotland play to 100% of their ability and finish off the moves we are capable of creating, then we are in with a great shout of beating France and having a half decent season.

We need all players to work out the differences they have and put the same intensity into defence as they did against Italy. Get into a lead and see what France do when they are under pressure as so far, they have got into comfortable early lead and been able to play the game they want. Having only conceded two tries in three games, the defence we have been showing in a massive improvement on previous years.

Biggest concern is the referee. we haven't had to suffer Clancy or Nigel yet, and they seem to dislike the Scots with a passion.

As as for Wales, would be lovely to beat them in their own pitch, putting an end to the shit they come out with and their extremely limited style of rugby.

Finn Russell on his way back it seems. 

Has spoken to Townsend and its reported he will assist the coaches in preparing for the France game. Could be back for summer tour.