Six nations thread.

AlimOzturk

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Another turnover from a man off his feet.  

Ref has missed a few. That should have been a probably crucial penalty to Scotland.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Victorian

• ri Alban

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

annushorribilis III
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

has hogg messed it up again?

Dithered on an England  kick under his own posts and then only JUST got the ball grounded for a 5M scrum. England grounded but no try. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

That’s that then. We didn’t use our territorial advantage or take benefit from

the constant kicking out on the full by England. Who knows we might as well just go for it now, Play with a bit of freedom , feck the losing BP. 

Just now, Captain Sausage said:

Imagine if we had the king of unstructured rugby on our team today. Oh. 

Bye bye Toony

We can but hope.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We have thrown this away again. England have been terrible and we still find a way to lose to them! 

Taxi for Townsend!

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

What the feck, we need to go for the corner!

No.  Two scores were needed anyway + 3 points got the bonus point.   Kick for goal was correct.

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

What the feck, we need to go for the corner!

took the points to make sure get the losing BP

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

No.  Two scores were needed anyway + 3 points got the bonus point.   Kick for goal was correct.

Correct, I just got caught up in the frustration of throwing away a golden chance to beat a stuttering England!

I'm no big rugby hand, my recollection is that prior to Cotter we couldn't break line or score and under him that changed ,we also reduced handling errors etc it seems since Townsend came in we've regressed back to pre Cotter days. It's very frustrating to watch

Summary.   Referee did Scotland no favours but England deserved the win,   purely based on their good primary possession plays.    Score was pretty much spot on.   

Captain Sausage
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Townsend can **** off and take Hogg with him. 

Im kinda here. Hogg has just been awful for Scotland for a long time. And Townsend is to rugby what Terry Butcher is to management of Edinburgh SPFL teams. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Im kinda here. Hogg has just been awful for Scotland for a long time. And Townsend is to rugby what Terry Butcher is to management of Edinburgh SPFL teams. 

Aye. Diving incident where Nigel Owens ripped him. Getting sent off in Cardiff early doors. Two butter fingers moments in two weeks that cost us two games. Yet captain. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Awful stuff to watch but if we can tighten up and reduce the errors (unlikely) then we are well in this

The conditions were dire.

But the number of Scotland errors decided the game. 

So much the same. 

Terrible game of Rugby. No one deserved to win it. I know conditions were awful but so was most of the rugby played by both teams, especially the Victor's. Eddie Jones is a twat.

Malinga the Swinga

Unless Hastings and Price are replaced, then we face losing the next 3 games. They offer no leadership or structure from the most vital positions on the field, and constantly make wrong decisions. Price in particular is tactically clueless and prone to running up blind alleys, leaving the rest of the team desperately trying to understand where he is going. As a result, he is prone to turnovers and conceding penalties.

There are mitigating factors

1) Townsend is a horrific coach and constantly picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics.

2) Referee was unbelievable bad and downright ignorant of the laws of the games. Blatant cheating.

3) Townsend is a horrific coach and constantly picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics.

4) Conditions were awful, just ****ing awful.

5) Townsend is a horrific coach and constantly picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unless Hastings and Price are replaced, then we face losing the next 3 games. They offer no leadership or structure from the most vital positions on the field, and constantly make wrong decisions. Price in particular is tactically clueless and prone to running up blind alleys, leaving the rest of the team desperately trying to understand where he is going. As a result, he is prone to turnovers and conceding penalties.

1) Townsend is a horrific coach and constantly picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics.

2) Referee was unbelievable bad and downright ignorant of the laws of the games. Blatant cheating.

3) Townsend is a horrific coach and constantly picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics.

5) Townsend is a horrific coach and constantly picks the wrong team and plays the wrong tactics.

We would have won if we had won our lineouts.

8 lost, 4 in each half. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We would have won if we had won our lineouts.

8 lost, 4 in each half. 

Yes and yes.

We are right up there in terms of world class rolling maul, but 5 metre attacking lineout and as likely to eff it up.

Hookers great in loose but awful or is good, at (lineout) chucking it.

Edited by DETTY29

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Aye. Diving incident where Nigel Owens ripped him. Getting sent off in Cardiff early doors. Two butter fingers moments in two weeks that cost us two games. Yet captain. :rolleyes:

I broadly agree but who's better? (as a FB pick - anyone would be better as captain).

The butter fingers today, I understand. It looked as though the ball would bobble itself over the line, giving us a 22 drop out. I don't know what else he could have done that would have rescued the situation.

But, ultimately, he's a Billy Big Boots who's come to believe the hype about himself.

22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I broadly agree but who's better? (as a FB pick - anyone would be better as captain).

The butter fingers today, I understand. It looked as though the ball would bobble itself over the line, giving us a 22 drop out. I don't know what else he could have done that would have rescued the situation.

But, ultimately, he's a Billy Big Boots who's come to believe the hype about himself.

He's definitely was a Billy big baws. I've seen it and heard about it (do you know who I am chat to bouncers outside clubs etc) but he's probably calmed down a bit as he has gotten older tbf.

Still, it is always about him, rather than team first. He tried to showboat that try v Ireland and made a complete arse of it. I'm sure he dropped one v England in last years 6 nations to win the game. Even at England's first penalty, he gave it away. He's a great kicker and he's fast but his handling is far too casual. There was a time when he looked like he could be one of the best Fly Half's in the World but those days look long gone. 

I'd have Hamish Watson as captain tbh. Leads by example, brave as a lion. Before that, I thought Stuart McInally was a great leader. No idea why he's been dropped for Frazer Brown who's line outs are shocking. Mind you, he bombed out our best player and possible captain for his mates laddie. Our pool is too small to be binning our best players. 

I can only think Townsend makes these decision because he's a complete arse and a control freak. A total yes man and arse licker to the head honchos at SRU. How he was still in the job before the World Cup is bewildering, when he's been an utter failure as coach over three 6 Nations and one world cup. 

I P Knightley
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

He's definitely was a Billy big baws. I've seen it and heard about it (do you know who I am chat to bouncers outside clubs etc) but he's probably calmed down a bit as he has gotten older tbf.

Still, it is always about him, rather than team first. He tried to showboat that try v Ireland and made a complete arse of it. I'm sure he dropped one v England in last years 6 nations to win the game. Even at England's first penalty, he gave it away. He's a great kicker and he's fast but his handling is far too casual. There was a time when he looked like he could be one of the best Fly Half's in the World but those days look long gone. 

I'd have Hamish Watson as captain tbh. Leads by example, brave as a lion. Before that, I thought Stuart McInally was a great leader. No idea why he's been dropped for Frazer Brown who's line outs are shocking. Mind you, he bombed out our best player and possible captain for his mates laddie. Our pool is too small to be binning our best players. 

I can only think Townsend makes these decision because he's a complete arse and a control freak. A total yes man and arse licker to the head honchos at SRU. How he was still in the job before the World Cup is bewildering, when he's been an utter failure as coach over three 6 Nations and one world cup. 

Agree on Watson and McInally. Either would be a better captain. 

On a different matter, I know he's a prop and so the bar is low but Ellis Genge is a special type of dumb, isn't he?

Seymour M Hersh

Very disappointed to read that a "Scotland" fan threw a bottle of some kind that hit one of the English support team on the head.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Very disappointed to read that a "Scotland" fan threw a bottle of some kind that hit one of the English support team on the head.  

Ned behaviour and totally unnecessary, although not indicative of the general atmosphere at Six Nations games

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ned behaviour and totally unnecessary, although not indicative of the general atmosphere at Six Nations games

Agreed to a point although games at Murrayfield against England especially appear to becoming more and more toxic.  I know people will say och, it's only booing but there is a complete refusal by thousands at Murrayfield to respect the kicker which is wrong imo and alien to the spirit of the game of Rugby. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Agreed to a point although games at Murrayfield against England especially appear to becoming more and more toxic.  I know people will say och, it's only booing but there is a complete refusal by thousands at Murrayfield to respect the kicker which is wrong imo and alien to the spirit of the game of Rugby. 

True. I haven’t been to one for a few years tbf. I’ve never liked all this ‘hatred’ narrative either. Sets the wrong tone

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

True. I haven’t been to one for a few years tbf. I’ve never liked all this ‘hatred’ narrative either. Sets the wrong tone

Imo it's just an incredibly disappointing reflection of the Scotland we live in nowadays. 

30 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Imo it's just an incredibly disappointing reflection of the Scotland we live in nowadays. 

If you say so, Eddie!

Suppose we'll find out on 23rd if this is just a Scotland thing, or a reflection of the more insular society we are starting to live in across the world.

Anyway,

Eff off Towsend, tommorrow please.

51 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:rofl:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Interesting interview with Finn Russell in the Sunday Times. Comes as no surprise that he and Townsend don’t get on but Russell does have a bit of spoiled brat about him

37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Interesting interview with Finn Russell in the Sunday Times. Comes as no surprise that he and Townsend don’t get on but Russell does have a bit of spoiled brat about him

BBC interview. Just one more beer not some big booze up.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51433650

I read it as Russell deciding to wait for Townsend to go after a long time being unhappy. He's probably more unhappy being in a good set up in France. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

A Sassanach got pelted by a bottle you say? 

:pleasing:

Nope an Englishman. We lowlanders are the real sassanachs.