Harry and Meghan

Crete

6 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

I'm now reading reports that Frogmore Cottage is being shuttered-up and staff redoployed/let go. This, after a renovation cost of £2.4 million paid out from the Sovereign Grant. How many of us plebs would be in a position to effectively write-off £2.4m of other peoples' money?

Maybe it should be repurposed as a safe haven for traumatised people? Not going to happen though, is it?

The Royals, if nothing else, are consistently generous to their own. I don't have a problem with that, providing the largesse is splashed from their 'own' private wealth, eg, the Duchy of Cornwall.

Maybe it's this sort of thing that has Harry and Meghan wanting to leave. They have plenty of their own money, they can look after themselves, so I don't see the problem.

Maybe it's time the people took back what's theirs. Starting with their dignity. Subjects! Fecking embarrassing! 

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maple Leaf

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Sharpie

• The Real Maroonblood

14 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Maybe it's this sort of thing that has Harry and Meghan wanting to leave. They have plenty of their own money, they can look after themselves, so I don't see the problem.

Maybe it's time the people took back what's theirs. Starting with their dignity. Subjects! Fecking embarrassing! 

They're going to repay the £2.4m.

21 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

I'm now reading reports that Frogmore Cottage is being shuttered-up and staff redoployed/let go. This, after a renovation cost of £2.4 million paid out from the Sovereign Grant. How many of us plebs would be in a position to effectively write-off £2.4m of other peoples' money?

Maybe it should be repurposed as a safe haven for traumatised people? Not going to happen though, is it?

The Royals, if nothing else, are consistently generous to their own. I don't have a problem with that, providing the largesse is splashed from their 'own' private wealth, eg, the Duchy of Cornwall.

They are paying it back.

John Gentleman
35 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

They're going to repay the £2.4m.

Good. Excellent gesture. Andy take note (not that he will, mind).

5 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

Will you be leaving it?

It's too cauld. :D

Saying that, I nearly left a game a couple of years ago. I'll never forget my jacket again. 

16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland loves being the cuck though so it'll never happen. From the Independence vote to large parts of the country waving UJs at every opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

he said, sitting in ten degree January weather in Madrid.

I'll bite when you've broken up Britain.

I have to give them credit.  Dropping their HRH titles, paying back the reno costs, no longer taking public money.  Good for them.

Maybe some of the other royals will follow suit.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I have to give them credit.  Dropping their HRH titles, paying back the reno costs, no longer taking public money.  Good for them.

wots ure problem, stay here,  

2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

wots ure problem, stay here,  

I don't have a problem. Just giving credit where credit is due. 

SectionDJambo

Just read the front pages of the English newspapers. 
Before yesterday, all the talk was of them being hypocrites by wanting to use the hrh titles ongoing and living, albeit part time, in a house renovated by tax payers cash. They better not take any public money etc..

Now they’re going to pay back the £2.5m for the house renovation, not use hrh in their names, and make their own money, they’re still getting it tight. 
The UK has gone to the dogs. Since Brexit, the xenophobia levels have gone to extremes, probably, not seen since this “great” island sailed around the world stealing and murdering in countries we had no right to invade.
Anyone who still thinks that this treatment by the English media, of this couple, is still not motivated by Meghan Markle being American and of mixed race, has to ask why else they have been singled out for this coverage. 

Edited by SectionDJambo

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Before yesterday, all the talk was of them being hypocrites by wanting to use the hrh titles ongoing and living, albeit part time, in a house renovated by tax payers cash. They better not take any public money etc..

Now they’re going to pay back the £2.5m for the house renovation, not use hrh in their names, and make their own money, they’re still getting it tight. 
The UK has gone to the dogs. Since Brexit, the xenophobia levels have gone to extremes, probably, not seen since this “great” island sailed around the world stealing and murdering in countries we had no right to invade.
Anyone who still thinks that this treatment by the English media, of this couple, is still not motivated by Meghan Markle being American and of mixed race, has to ask why else they have been singled out for this coverage. 

This.

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

:spoton:

10 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Not sure that was entirely their own decision tbh.

They had already said last week that they didn't want any public money, HRH titles and paying back the £2.4m wasn't mentioned in their statement to the media.

Harry & Meghan have now lost all of their Royal patronages and Harry has lost all of his honouary military titles, so it said on the news this morning.

I think Harry might struggle to find his place in society, Meghan she can easily go back to acting if she wanted, but Harry, has only ever seemed happy when he was in the military or doing animal/charity work in Africa, everything else seemed like a chore which he just had to do as part of his royal duties.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s the fact so many people share the British press’ view that is disturbing. 
Good post tho. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s the fact so many people share the British press’ view that is disturbing. 
Good post tho. 

They’re playing to their gallery. Got them all whipped up in a frenzy of defence of the Queen.

The Queen has, instead of holding her head in horror, just got on and dealt with it. She has had a proper discussion and assessment of the situation and a solution has been agreed, to try to silence the very people who say they are outraged for her.

For Royalists it's probably a case of a young, uppity couple high on changing attitudes towards society giving dear 94 yr old Queenie a hard time when she least needs it!  Surely a media-savvy young Millennial couple knew what they were getting into with their royal marriage and all, but nahh, can't hack more than a few yrs then decide to walk away coz they don't like some neggies chucked their way.  They were always going to get pelters for being, well probably just being themselves.

Without paying more than a passing glance at the story, I'd say the fallout is quite predictable really.  I don't blame them but to a certain extent I think they've brought it upon themselves.  Sure they'll be fine in time.  Queen/House of Windsor was right however, to cut them off entirely from all formal duties. Harry can hang with Beiber and Drake at Raptors games. :greggy:

19 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

For Royalists it's probably a case of a young, uppity couple high on changing attitudes towards society giving dear 94 yr old Queenie a hard time when she least needs it!  Surely a media-savvy young Millennial couple knew what they were getting into with their royal marriage and all, but nahh, can't hack more than a few yrs then decide to walk away coz they don't like some neggies chucked their way.  They were always going to get pelters for being, well probably just being themselves.

Without paying more than a passing glance at the story, I'd say the fallout is quite predictable really.  I don't blame them but to a certain extent I think they've brought it upon themselves.  Sure they'll be fine in time.  Queen/House of Windsor was right however, to cut them off entirely from all formal duties. Harry can hang with Beiber and Drake at Raptors games. :greggy:

My nana loved the royalty, lost my mum at 19 so never got to know her, dad was a tory so i

voted lbour till blair ****ed it up, miss my nanna

10 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Pay back 2.4 million? 

Where's Harry getting that money? Is he taking a few paintings from his Grans house to flog on ebay?

He was left a lot of money from his mother.

I dare say Meghan has a bob or two too.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

shes quite nice, i would, lol

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

Was just about to reply to the other post when I seen your post.

Harry is reputed to be worth somewhere about £20m most of which his mother left him.

Meghan is reputed to be worth about £5m or so.

So not short of a bob or two.

14 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Pay back 2.4 million? 

Where's Harry getting that money? Is he taking a few paintings from his Grans house to flog on ebay?

His mum left him £20m and his Other Gran £7m. Plus I'd say his Mrs didn't act for nothing.

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

His mum left him £20m and his Other Gran £7m. Plus I'd say his Mrs didn't act for nothing.

They can get £100,000 for doing one speaking engagement. 

40 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

And they will pay **** all tax.

If they're living in Canada, they will be taxed.

The general sentiment among Canadians seems to be that they're welcome to come and live in Canada, but they get no special treatment, i.e., they pay taxes and they pay for their own security, if required.  If the Trudeau government gives them a cosy deal, there will be a lot of upset people.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

If they're living in Canada, they will be taxed.

The general sentiment among Canadians seems to be that they're welcome to come and live in Canada, but they get no special treatment, i.e., they pay taxes and they pay for their own security, if required.  If the Trudeau government gives them a cosy deal, there will be a lot of upset people.

As far as I'm concerned it should be the same here in the UK and I hope it will be.

If they earn money here they will pay tax in the UK, if they want security they pay for that themselves, if they want staff at Frogmore Cottage they pay for their own staff and not use the staff on the Royal books, which I believe is happening because their Frogmore staff are being re-deployed to other royal duties.

Harry & Meghan want to be just plain Mr & Mrs Wales, and who can blame them and good luck to them both, however I hope they realise that they'll have to pay their way just like the rest of us have to, mind it shouldn't be a problem as I think they'll make enough money to pay the leccy bill.

I P Knightley
52 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As far as I'm concerned it should be the same here in the UK and I hope it will be.

If they earn money here they will pay tax in the UK, if they want security they pay for that themselves, if they want staff at Frogmore Cottage they pay for their own staff and not use the staff on the Royal books, which I believe is happening because their Frogmore staff are being re-deployed to other royal duties.

Harry & Meghan want to be just plain Mr & Mrs Wales, and who can blame them and good luck to them both, however I hope they realise that they'll have to pay their way just like the rest of us have to, mind it shouldn't be a problem as I think they'll make enough money to pay the leccy bill.

I'd like them to adopt her surname; it's the modern way. 

The seethe at the Daily Mail would be immeasurable and Pie-face Moron would self-combust. 

19 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'd like them to adopt her surname; it's the modern way. 

The seethe at the Daily Mail would be immeasurable and Pie-face Moron would self-combust. 

Markle-Wales or Wales-Markle.

Pie-face Moron, who is that?

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Markle-Wales or Wales-Markle.

Pie-face Moron, who is that?

Just straight Markle; ditch the Wales altogether. 

Moron - I can hardly bring myself to write his name - is Piers Morgan-Twat.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

For example 

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ah that tw@t, didn't know he wrote for the Mail, tbh I don't know who writes for any of the printed media, never read a so called 'news' paper in years.

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Ah that tw@t, didn't know he wrote for the Mail, tbh I don't know who writes for any of the printed media, never read a so called 'news' paper in years.

I didn't know he was still with the FeMail. Two separate targets: (i) the Daily Mail messageboard seethers and (ii) Moron. They need to hurt.