• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Thomaso

• JamboAl

• redjambo

Tenaciousdandy

Good to see that he got a goal today, hopefully he can find a bit of form, kick on  alnd get a permanent move to a club on his level

pettigrewsstylist
16 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Good to see that he got a goal today, hopefully he can find a bit of form, kick on  alnd get a permanent move to a club on his level

Wow!!

Tenaciousdandy
7 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Wow!!

What? Wouldn't you like to see a player who is out on loan that we want rid off find a bit of form then possibly get a permanent move? 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

What? Wouldn't you like to see a player who is out on loan that we want rid off find a bit of form then possibly get a permanent move? 

The goal ya nutter. Wow to the goal!

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

The goal ya nutter. Wow to the goal!

Ah ok, I'll reel my neck in a bit then lol you should have at least highlighted that bit lol 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Dandyman79 said:

Ah ok, I'll reel my neck in a bit then lol you should have at least highlighted that bit lol 

I would pay them to take him.

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

I would pay them to take him.

Maybe not pay them but would be happy to give him away lol Tbh I think he would a benefit to a few of the team in the championship, definitely his level, same with keena at Fleetwood scored today 

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Hopefully he'll pap Falkirk out the cup and we can enjoy a proper cup awayday. 

👍👍

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Post match interview 

Seems a nice lad and knows the score. Who knows what might happen he may hit a good run of form and bang in more goals and get his confidence back.

He obviously knows that he is not currently in DS's plans but that could change if he ups his game.

Scored the winner for Arbroath at Dundee utd today.

Would you Adam and Eve it🤣

2 in 2 -Scotland squad next:whistling:

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As if today might not be depressing enough, we learn that Wighton still has 12 months on his contract.

😬

Special Agent Dale Cooper
25 minutes ago, Skivingatwork said:

He’s a championship level player so might do well next season.

Yup this is where I'm at. I imagine he's relatively low wages too, so should do a job for his last 12 months.

24 minutes ago, martoon said:

If Dundee want him on loan can I take the call? 

:lol: 

2 words...

7 letters...

3 of them are F!

Fort Vallance

I watched four of the five games he played and the most damning assessment was that he didn't look out of place? Certainly didn't stand out. Still pulling out of challenges when you would have thought he would be bursting a gut to impress.

Maybe it's a case of wanting him to be good for us, but maybe it was down to coaching on our part?  We all know we were rubbish under Levein, does that make Wighton rubbish?

TBF, I don't think he showed much when he turned out for us, but is that really the way to judge him?  I'm perhaps being lenient.

Is there a player that sums up the Levein/Budge era more than this pile of wank?

49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Is there a player that sums up the Levein/Budge era more than this pile of wank?

The MacLean-Wighton 'strikeforce' has a very good claim to be the worst in the history of the club.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yup this is where I'm at. I imagine he's relatively low wages too, so should do a job for his last 12 months.

I don’t think players that are bought for £150-200k will be on relatively low wages no matter their age. If we are demoted im not sure if we can take the chance that he will come good for us, behind closed doors maybe as he’s used to no fans being there.

Bazzas right boot

Technically seems OK. 

Touch, awareness movement all decent. 

Seems to lack major confidence tho, almost seems nervous. Really not a good thing for a professional footballer, undermines anything decent he may have to offer. 

Timid personality. 

Not going to work at us, no doubt will do well at a championship club get a move to to a club like St Johnstone and in about 3/4 years time will be scoring the winner v us. 

The White Cockade
45 minutes ago, Coco said:

The MacLean-Wighton 'strikeforce' has a very good claim to be the worst in the history of the club.  

Paddy McShane,Derek Strickland, Rab Stewart, Hans Eskillsen

50 minutes ago, Coco said:

Seen better strikers in a box of soggin wet old matches.

Edited by i8hibsh

Jamhammer
35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Technically seems OK. 

Touch, awareness movement all decent. 

Seems to lack major confidence tho, almost seems nervous. Really not a good thing for a professional footballer, undermines anything decent he may have to offer. 

Timid personality. 

Not going to work at us, no doubt will do well at a championship club get a move to to a club like St Johnstone and in about 3/4 years time will be scoring the winner v us. 

Very decent summary of what I’ve seen. Very little fire in the belly. 

Depressing question, but at this desperate time, are we paying wages to him and Ollie Lee?  I presume we must be.

Hopefully we can offload a stack of players plus L and McP at the end of June to significantly cut costs.  

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Depressing question, but at this desperate time, are we paying wages to him and Ollie Lee?  I presume we must be.

Hopefully we can offload a stack of players plus L and McP at the end of June to significantly cut costs.  

Are we paying contracted players thier wages as agreed? 

Yes. 

been here before

Would I be correct in the assumption Steve McLean is still on the books?

We could reform the dream team if the season starts up again. Could be our salvation.

Bazzas right boot

Gobcalves was decent as well. 

Picked on as the fall guy by many. 

Him and Djoum got dogs abuse it seemed all the time, I remember just random at times as well. 

We'd concede a goal and the guy along from me would be screaming just about Goncalves. 

Was very strange at times. 

We seem to get angry with players some shite, some decent then the replacements get worse and more abuse, then they get even worse. 

😭

Bazzas right boot
Just now, been here before said:

Would I be correct in the assumption Steve McLean is still on the books?

We could reform the dream team if the season starts up again. Could be our salvation.

Not many players are randomly out of contract middle of May. 

gashauskis9
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Amankwaa 

HillmanHearts
7 hours ago, martoon said:

If Dundee want him on loan can I take the call? 

Dont imagine they would be too bothered if we told them to go xxck themselves unfortunately as they will have plenty of Celtic loans lined up. 

Well if we go down he may get his chance

I am still unsure of just how good or bad he is

He has had like many players a terrible run of luck with injuries since he joined and even at that he was still not truly fit when he joined.

Of course not good enough on what we have seen so far but with a season in the First Division we may find out if he has a future but certainly there is a question mark over his future with us

There will be major changes in the summer and it may be he stays to be part of the squad but then we have the opinion of the manager to take account of ...and who will that be ?