Bobby Burns

Perth to Paisley

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Stupid comment

Only stupid thing is the way the world is reacting to the ongoing climate disaster and more fossil fuels dug up and burned.

But seriously, some games have been postponed because of the air quality and Newcastle where he is playing are right by some of the worst fires. Hopefully the weather will turn wetter soon but he is probably better to return from his loan.

Believe it's for the season. I doubt he'll be back.

Plenty options attacking midfield which is his preferred position with Henderson, McDonald, Connor Smith.

Left back covered too. 

Just now, kila said:

Only stupid thing is the way the world is reacting to the ongoing climate disaster and more fossil fuels dug up and burned.

But seriously, some games have been postponed because of the air quality and Newcastle where he is playing are right by some of the worst fires. Hopefully the weather will turn wetter soon but he is probably better to return from his loan.

Only if he has a better loan option. Did okay at Livingston. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Preaume Bobby is staying in Oz for the season.

He might be happy to be back home though.

You can't recall players early from international loans. Well you can, if everyone agrees, but you can't dictate it like you can domestically.

downunder jambo
17 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Preaume Bobby is staying in Oz for the season.

He might be happy to be back home though.

His team, Newcastle Jets, sit bottom of the A-league and have just sacked their manager, Ernie Merrick!!!

I don't think he's good enough for this level. I personally think he'll go back to N.Ire, happily play part time and move into his chosen academic career. 

Yet another sub standard “project” player. Never good enough to nail down a position at Hearts.

He started the Newcastle Jets game on Sunday, taken off at half time after a needless booking. Offers next to nothing.

1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

I seen him at the Oriam on Sunday 

Just now, The Duke said:

Yet another sub standard “project” player. Never good enough to nail down a position at Hearts.

He started the Newcastle Jets game on Sunday, taken off at half time after a needless booking. Offers next to nothing.

Obviosuly not then haha

my bad

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Not really a 'project' was he - more a prospect?  Just a young player we took a punt on, like many others (including Andy Kirk) before him.  Some work out, some don't, and I'm sure we'll do the same in the future.

1 hour ago, HighTimes said:

Not really a 'project' was he - more a prospect?  Just a young player we took a punt on, like many others (including Andy Kirk) before him.  Some work out, some don't, and I'm sure we'll do the same in the future.

Same thing surely?

Looked a neat and tidy enough passer of the ball but really chronic lack of pace. Scottish Championship level. 

Hungry hippo
4 hours ago, The Duke said:

He's a youth player. You'd be amazed how many don't make it at every club if you think this is even close to being unique.

15 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

He's a youth player. You'd be amazed how many don't make it at every club if you think this is even close to being unique.

Yeah, this. Not the same sort of thing as a 'project like Aidy White for me.  Burns is just an example of the normal comings and goings at any football club. He's an Andy Kirk who looks like he maybe might not make the grade at Hearts.

Just watched Newcastle Jets Vs Sydney FC on BT Sport.  Sydney won 2-1 but Newcastle were better team in 2nd half and Burns played well, with a few dangerous crosses into the box. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Mort said:

Yet another player we paid a fee for that will never be good enough for Hearts. Sigh.

I have seen enough to suggest he could be an important player for Hearts (he can take free-kicks and corners). Very level-headed lad too and a good pro, don't write him off :thumbsup: 

SomethingAboutObua

If he came back either way Hearts would have to send him back to Oz again, either to continue his loan with Newcastle or to go back and get his personal stuff and ship it back to here/NI, which surely Hearts would have agreed to pay for in his loan deal. 

Also Newcastle are bottom of the league and their season will very likely finish in April if they don't improve. Think it's a no.

Maybe that's just too simple an answer but honestly it'd probably be too much hassle to bring back a low wage youth player on an expensive (probably complicated if it's professional sport related) working VISA, who's getting more game time somewhere else, just to see if he can fit into the plans now or if he should be sent out on loan again. There's not a lot of evidence as yet of him being great or terrible and I can't see his wage being high enough that it's worthwhile trying to release him early even if he was utterly horrendous.

Bazzas right boot
On 07/01/2020 at 17:53, kila said:

Might not be much of Australia left come the end of the season

No matter anyway, when the USA, China and Russia start lobbing bombs at each other. 

39 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

If he came back either way Hearts would have to send him back to Oz again, either to continue his loan with Newcastle or to go back and get his personal stuff and ship it back to here/NI, which surely Hearts would have agreed to pay for in his loan deal. 

Also Newcastle are bottom of the league and their season will very likely finish in April if they don't improve. Think it's a no.

Maybe that's just too simple an answer but honestly it'd probably be too much hassle to bring back a low wage youth player on an expensive (probably complicated if it's professional sport related) working VISA, who's getting more game time somewhere else, just to see if he can fit into the plans now or if he should be sent out on loan again. There's not a lot of evidence as yet of him being great or terrible and I can't see his wage being high enough that it's worthwhile trying to release him early even if he was utterly horrendous.

You're not suggesting he shipped a container of furniture and household goods over there are you? 

You'll be lucky if he took more than one suitcase i'd have thought. 

On 10/01/2020 at 13:24, rudi must stay said:

I have seen enough to suggest he could be an important player for Hearts (he can take free-kicks and corners). Very level-headed lad too and a good pro, don't write him off :thumbsup: 

This.  Signed as a number 10/left winger, we played him at ****ing LB.  Would like to see the lad get another chance.  

Another crackpot decision to send a young player on loan to the other side of the world .you wonder what planet the old management were on. gobsmacking.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Is that Jamie McLaren, the Hibs legend?

Yep, BT Sport 3. 

The last game on BT just had Scott McDonald playing for Brisbane Roar and Gary Hooper playing for Wellington Phoenix.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Jamie McLaren is decent watch him in Oz different player.

Might be wrong here but, didn't Hearts want him as well as Hibs but he chose there? Something in the back of the head says we were interested. 

Talking of Hibs (sort of) Thought Mark McNulty did well for them. Surprised Hearts aren't interested in him. That said I don't know his contract situation or even where he is!

On 10/01/2020 at 13:14, Firefox said:

Just watched Newcastle Jets Vs Sydney FC on BT Sport.  Sydney won 2-1 but Newcastle were better team in 2nd half and Burns played well, with a few dangerous crosses into the box. 

Dangerous crosses into the box!  We are badly needing that.

On 15/01/2020 at 20:23, Blackshades said:

Another crackpot decision to send a young player on loan to the other side of the world .you wonder what planet the old management were on. gobsmacking.

I wasn't aware we had sent other players on loan to the other side of the world ?

56 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Might be wrong here but, didn't Hearts want him as well as Hibs but he chose there? Something in the back of the head says we were interested. 

Talking of Hibs (sort of) Thought Mark McNulty did well for them. Surprised Hearts aren't interested in him. That said I don't know his contract situation or even where he is!

Hibs put more contribution  towards his wage than Hearts did I'm sure.

Did he not score against us, rangers and Celtic that season? Played well with a strike partner and turned up in the big games. Could link well with a Washington type player (as could Boyce or others).

chester copperpot
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

You are correct

2 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

Dangerous crosses into the box!  We are badly needing that.

Mostly all dealt with by Ryan McGowan who is now with Sydney FC, but he did have to deal with them  never the less!

On 15/01/2020 at 20:18, Gashauskis9 said:

This.  Signed as a number 10/left winger, we played him at ****ing LB.  Would like to see the lad get another chance.  

I know, Imagine playing the guy at LB, Levein is clueless.

6 hours ago, EH22-Jambo said:

He starts at LB, 8.30 am KO

Screenshot_20200118-081645.png