Would

Walter Kidd

Would you have accepted CL Qualifiers and a Cup Win  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you have accepted CL Qualifiers and a Cup Win

Anyone have accepted a Russian owner who won us a cup and 2nd in the league and then made a bit of a shop front of it back in 2005?

I'm unsure.

A cup win and the chance to split the Old Firm isn't something that comes along that often. I would probably have biten your hand of for it.

I also have the belief that everything is going to turn out good in the end.

of course not.

hindsight fortune telling blah blah blah.

but have this poll in say another two years time & then another two years after that & what will their outcomes be?

feck knows :wacko::wacko:

Guessing what sort of mess we would have been in without him and weighing that up against the mess we actually are in currently, it's a close run thing.

I voted yes though. At least it's never been dull.

jeez drama queen... ;)

Nah good question..... I think every one would have asked when you say shop front what exactly do you mean by it..... He still has time to turn it round, if he turns it round yes (which looks slim) if he doesnt then no.

and what would have happened if we didnt? playing football in murrayfield in front of with **** all atmosphere, small crowds because unhappy fans boycott the games because they werent happy with the sale of tynecastle in the first place?

good alternative

and what would have happened if we didnt? playing football in murrayfield in front of with **** all atmosphere, small crowds because unhappy fans boycott the games because they werent happy with the sale of tynecastle in the first place?

good alternative

And you still would have been a Rangers fan.;)

And you still would have been a Rangers fan.;)

i bet my life that u were gonna say that! i guess am not allowed an opinion from before august 2005!

loveofthegame

If the point trying to be made is 'everything vlad does is fine and dandy because of that 1st season' then its bull****. There was only so long the arguement 'were would we be without him' would be valid.

Look where we are with him(and i dont mean tynie)

Anyone have accepted a Russian owner who won us a cup and 2nd in the league and then made a bit of a shop front of it back in 2005?

I'm unsure.

Good point mate................considering we were heading for Muddyfield and the end of the abyss under the pieman, of course we would have taken it.

Doesnt make our current plight much easier to take, but some people need to take a step back and look at what might have happened had Vlad not stepped in.

A cup win and the chance to split the Old Firm isn't something that comes along that often. I would probably have biten your hand of for it.

I also have the belief that everything is going to turn out good in the end.

That's not impossible but I fail to understand in what way the current circus will help achieve that.

Just like I can't, and never will, understand why he sabotaged our best shot at winning the league in 20 years.

If the point trying to be made is 'everything vlad does is fine and dandy because of that 1st season' then its bull****. There was only so long the arguement 'were would we be without him' would be valid.

Look where we are with him(and i dont mean tynie)

That's not my point at all unfortunately.

loveofthegame
That's not my point at all unfortunately.

Fair enough, i did explain above that i didnt understand your post.

What is the point you are trying to make?

That's not impossible but I fail to understand in what way the current circus will help achieve that.

Just like I can't, and never will, understand why he sabotaged our best shot at winning the league in 20 years.

The first part: I am clinging to the fact that by looking to appoint a proper manager they are willing to achieve. But lets just say if they fail to deliver the manager then...well lets just say my belief will take a massive hit.

Second part: Only one person can explain that but even then the majority of us would still not understand.

Fair enough, i did explain above that i didnt understand your post.

What is the point you are trying to make?

I think WK is seeing if we would have bought into Romanov and wlecomed him if we knew we were going to end up in this predicament.

rudi must stay

obviously it's a biased poll, but you say you're not sure :wacko:. If he hadn't won us the cup and if we hadn't finished 2nd I wouldn't have accpeted it tho

If i knew we'd be in this state 2 years later, i'd have told him to ram it.

Absolutely (unless he is willing to learn - which seems less likely than John Hughes learning to speak English).

I'm unsure.

You forgot one vitally important fact - he's kept/keeping us at Tynecastle.

I'm unsure.

What I read into your question is that this is based, not on hindsight, but on a general prophecy that we would win the Cup and 2nd in the League, and that he would then make a rick of it after that, without us knowing the gory details in advance.

In that case yes!

And, if that is the case, those who have voted "No" - on the above basis, aren't being honest with themselves!!!

of course not.

hindsight fortune telling blah blah blah.

but have this poll in say another two years time & then another two years after that & what will their outcomes be?

feck knows :wacko::wacko:

Of topic Dunx but love the Avatar.

I've got that picture blown up and framed with the match ticket.

Before he appeared on the scene all I wanted was a team to support that would still be around now so, yes, I would have accepted it. Definitely.

It still makes me mad thinking about what he's done over the last 18 months though. Both the uglies are utter Barry White and Romanov's made a complete James Hunt of it.

Archived