Sportscene.

Harry Potter

6 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

If you don't like them putting the boot in it's probably best they didn't feature stats from pre and post Stendel. 

Worst starting record of a new Hearts manager since WW2. 🤔

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Haringshairband said:

His opinion was based on statistical analysis. You have to admit, it's not looking great for us. If we avoid relegation Stendel will have done an amazing job.

Yes but how many teams that were bottom at Xmas had five or six of their key players returning from long-term injury in January? And how many of them signed four or five players in the January window? 

1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

If you don't like them putting the boot in it's probably best they didn't feature stats from pre and post Stendel. 

Why what do the stats say? Have you analysed them? I’ve no problem with putting the boot in if it’s deserved. It’s lazy journalism, tired cliches, and lack of analysis that’s the problem with Sportscene and the presenters. 

So back to the stats? Do they show we’re going backwards under DS? Less possession? Less shots on goal, less shots, less corners, less passing? Geniuniely interested, you sound like you’ve looked?

1 hour ago, Defender said:

He's saying historically the team that is last at Christmas usually goes down. It wasn't his opinion at all.

Said it about 5 times and enjoyed saying it. Desperate for us to go down. Smug wee prick

1 hour ago, Prof said:

He made his thoughts known with obvious glee. As the host,  He’s meant to be impartial. That’s what he gets paid for.

Yeah because he is trying to get a reaction from Stewart. Sometimes we can be a bit over-sensitive on here...

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes but how many teams that were bottom at Xmas had five or six of their key players returning from long-term injury in January? And how many of them signed four or five players in the January window? 

That's a fair point but in order for all these circumstances to go in our favour the team will have to gel quickly and start picking up points where we haven't before. I think we can do it but it's a tough ask. I'm 50/50 At present.

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Less biased then. 😄

Good use of emoticons there. No, balanced not biased, but you’re struggling to grasp here. I’m out

2 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

That's a fair point but in order for all these circumstances to go in our favour the team will have to gel quickly and start picking up points where we haven't before. I think we can do it but it's a tough ask. I'm 50/50 At present.

Yes, them gelling is the key. Five of our first six league games after the break are against the other bottom six teams. Should know by end of February how tough an escape it’s going to be. I’m pretty confident based on recent performances and players to return and come in. 

Haringshairband
22 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Statistical analysis? By that you mean the lazy comparison that if you’re bottom at Christmas you go down. That’s fair enough. Nice easy bit of “research”. Be nice if they had done some stats pre and post stendels appointment, to show any improvements since his arrival. Bit too difficult a bit of statistical analysis for the national broadcasters experts to be bothered to do. So just trot out a tired cliche and don’t even try to hide their glee at out predicament. Michael Stewart in particular, loved putting the boot into Levein, another chance to do it here, but couldnae be arsed. Pathetic programme for the pathetically run league, with pathetic types at the helm. All a bit.................pathetic really. Terrible programme.

All very good points, however the improvement in our play was mentioned on the programme. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it as it is a programme made by cretins, I just think some of our fan base are a little too easily offended and dramatic.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes, them gelling is the key. Five of our first six league games after the break are against the other bottom six teams. Should know by end of February how tough an escape it’s going to be. I’m pretty confident based on recent performances and players to return and come in. 

I agree. We’ll know pretty soon how we are shaping up. 

1 hour ago, rmreido said:

He's a wee prick, Jonathon Sutherland his name, Ross County supporter, I believe, he's got one of those faces you just wanna slap, hopefully County get pulled into this relegation scrap

Ross County are a notable example of a team well adrift at New Year that didn't go down. So he should know its clearly possible. 

47 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Though they were very fair with their analysis of the game and our predicament. 

Hes entitled to think we might go down , as it happens I'm in this camp too . There's a serious chance Ann has left us wirh to much to do . Time will tell but it's going to be tough that's for sure . 

At no point did he say he thinks we’ll go down.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Some of us Hearts fans not a lot of us Hearts fans.

A lot would suggest a majority and if you’d asked a few weeks ago you’d be right with a lot. Now not so much. Might change by January 31st but....

Wouldn't put much cash on either way. We should have the means to comfortably pull clear but we should never be where we are with our current lot.

Need a couple of quick wins on resumption 

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

What is it with this place jeez. He is paid to give his opinion, 

He's not paid to give his opinion as Sportscene presenter - that's what the pundits are for.

30 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Statistical analysis? By that you mean the lazy comparison that if you’re bottom at Christmas you go down. That’s fair enough. Nice easy bit of “research”. Be nice if they had done some stats pre and post stendels appointment, to show any improvements since his arrival. Bit too difficult a bit of statistical analysis for the national broadcasters experts to be bothered to do. So just trot out a tired cliche and don’t even try to hide their glee at out predicament. Michael Stewart in particular, loved putting the boot into Levein, another chance to do it here, but couldnae be arsed. Pathetic programme for the pathetically run league, with pathetic types at the helm. All a bit.................pathetic really. Terrible programme.

What stats would you expect them to come out with pre and post Stendel? And to what aim? How do you judge improvement when we lost four games on the trot?

The point was made that the team that is bottom of the historically goes down. Statistics prove that. That’s not a lazy comparison, it’s stating a statistical fact. Granted that they didn’t go into great detail about it but anybody that knows anything about Scottish football knows the score on that matter. What other statistic do you think they should have used in relation to the side that’s bottom at this time of year not being relegated?

Too many people looking for things that aren’t there. We are bottom of the league. There is only one way to stop anyone talking about us being relegated.

I am confident we have the right man to ensure we aren’t even close to relegation come the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, Darren said:

He's not paid to give his opinion as Sportscene presenter - that's what the pundits are for.

What opinion did he give?

23 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Why what do the stats say? Have you analysed them? I’ve no problem with putting the boot in if it’s deserved. It’s lazy journalism, tired cliches, and lack of analysis that’s the problem with Sportscene and the presenters. 

So back to the stats? Do they show we’re going backwards under DS? Less possession? Less shots on goal, less shots, less corners, less passing? Geniuniely interested, you sound like you’ve looked?

I haven't looked, but it doesn't take the worlds greatest statician (if that's a word) to see the results. Thats all Sportscene would have looked at. They couldn't give a shiney shit about Hearts. We could be playing Burley-esque football but results haven't been coming.

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What opinion did he give?

I'm not saying he gave an opinion. I'm just saying it's not his job.

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It’s not how you start Dave it’s how you finish. Wasn’t planning on going to Dingwall but it’s a must now. We need everyone pulling together for the big fight🇱🇻

Just now, Darren said:

I'm not saying he gave an opinion. I'm just saying it's not his job.

Well he obviously knows his job then as he didn’t give an opinion.

Didn't see it just watch highlights online nowadays, but what was said about Morelos actions as he left the field? Please tell me they spoke about it?

Just now, Jambo Hardhat said:

It’s not how you start Dave it’s how you finish. Wasn’t planning on going to Dingwall but it’s a must now. We need everyone pulling together for the big fight🇱🇻

I agree. It’s not impossible to survive but we need to start winning games regularly. 

Anyone got any odds in the bookies on us staying up? Would love to know what price we are. The bookies are generally more in the know than any sportscene presenter 

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s a statistic for sure. Time will tell whether it has any relevance however.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree. It’s not impossible to survive but we need to start winning games regularly. 

I’m bouyed and far more optimistic  after yesterday’s performance. Something to build on imo. If we don’t regress then we’ll be fine.  Beating Airdrie will give us a lift and a focus away from the league 

Edited by Jambo Hardhat

1 minute ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

Anyone got any odds in the bookies on us staying up? Would love to know what price we are. The bookies are generally more in the know than any sportscene presenter 

I think it’s Mistic Meg you need to speak to rather than a bookie.

1 minute ago, Jambo Hardhat said:

I’m bouyed and far more optimistic  after yesterday’s performance. Something to build on imo. If we don’t regress then we’ll be fine.  Beating Airdrie will give us a lift and a focus away from the league 

👍

25 minutes ago, Darren said:

If he said i want Hearts to go down that would be different. Saying he thinks we will go down based on how we've been playing for over a year is a non story.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Didn't see it just watch highlights online nowadays, but what was said about Morelos actions as he left the field? Please tell me they spoke about it?

Very little was said.

Gollum asked if it was a deserved yellow card, the pundits said yes.

If you're asking if any words and phrases like simulation, cheat, "not in our game", disgusting etc. then no, nothing was said.

Now if it had been a Lithuanian wearing a Hearts jersey ......

15 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I haven't looked, but it doesn't take the worlds greatest statician (if that's a word) to see the results. Thats all Sportscene would have looked at. They couldn't give a shiney shit about Hearts. We could be playing Burley-esque football but results haven't been coming.

So the analysts can’t be bothered analysing and we all have to pay for it. Smashing. They could save money by going into any pub and coming out with a complete bore to trot out the same shite. Like I said it’s a pathetic programme, with pathetic people, pathetic analysis, even the camera work is...................... excellent, only kidding, it’s pathetic too.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

To contact a member of the team, you can email us at [email protected]

We will deal with all correspondence as soon as possible!

You’re welcome!!

My email down at the moment but if you could email her on my behalf and ask her to put a fiver on us staying up at best price available, i’d sure appreciate it my friend? 

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Neither was any mention made of Aberdeen players who had already been yellow carded being luck to escape a red but for a lenient performance from Muir.

Just now, Jambo Hardhat said:

My email down at the moment but if you could email her on my behalf and ask her to put a fiver on us staying up at best price available, i’d sure appreciate it my friend? 

I think you might want to read up about Mystic Meg, or even better forget I even mentioned her 🤪

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

What is it with this place jeez. He is paid to give his opinion, 

I dont like him or his opinion , that i have said, thats my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

What stats would you expect them to come out with pre and post Stendel? And to what aim? How do you judge improvement when we lost four games on the trot?

The point was made that the team that is bottom of the historically goes down. Statistics prove that. That’s not a lazy comparison, it’s stating a statistical fact. Granted that they didn’t go into great detail about it but anybody that knows anything about Scottish football knows the score on that matter. What other statistic do you think they should have used in relation to the side that’s bottom at this time of year not being relegated?

Too many people looking for things that aren’t there. We are bottom of the league. There is only one way to stop anyone talking about us being relegated.

I am confident we have the right man to ensure we aren’t even close to relegation come the end of the season.

Yeah like I said that was easy and could’ve been said by any moron on here or in any pub in the land. Just about all of us know this already. Lazy, lazy work. Have a guess at what stats they could use to analyse pre and post DS appointment? There are many. Not just results. But again easy to go I know that and yous are shite. Well thanks national broadcaster, those levels of insight are fabulous.  The level of mediocrity that people pay for and accept as ok is breathtaking for me. Not for you obviously. Fair enough. I just expect a wee bit more from the experts than something everybody knows already before they’ve even opened their mouths. 

Just now, Harry Potter said:

I dont like him or his opinion , that i have said, thats my opinion.

And of course you are entitled to that as much as he is or any other person, that's life.

Just now, TheStig said:

And of course you are entitled to that as much as he is or any other person, that's life.

Aye bud, fair enough.

3 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

So the analysts can’t be bothered analysing and we all have to pay for it. Smashing. They could save money by going into any pub and coming out with a complete bore to trot out the same shite. Like I said it’s a pathetic programme, with pathetic people, pathetic analysis, even the camera work is...................... excellent, only kidding, it’s pathetic too.

I don’t think any of them are trained analysts. Ones a presenter the others are pundits, they give their option on all things football in a general sense.

You obviously have a good idea of what statistics or analysis you want so why don’t you carry some out yourself. You wouldn’t want to be classed as not being bothered or lazy would you. Someone who might want everything handed on a plate to them. Don’t be that guy.

43 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

All very good points, however the improvement in our play was mentioned on the programme. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it as it is a programme made by cretins, I just think some of our fan base are a little too easily offended and dramatic.

Yeah that’s a problem for society not just football fans. Being offended is a profession these days for some. Would’ve taken half an hour to do some interesting analysis on hearts pre and post stendels appt yet all we get is what we all know already. If yer bottom at Christmas you’ll probably go doon. Well shockeroony, cheers for that chaps, who knew that................. well only everybody.

and those tools get a wage for that. 

And by by the way I’m not expecting it to be all pro hearts. If the analysis shows we’re going backwards, so be it. Just do something that’s not so bloody lazy. We pay for these cretins, and the likes of Dick Gordon and Willie Miller. None of them are good at their jobs for me or the sportscene bunch. Maybe Tom English aside but that’s it. Poor show

3 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Yeah like I said that was easy and could’ve been said by any moron on here or in any pub in the land. Just about all of us know this already. Lazy, lazy work. Have a guess at what stats they could use to analyse pre and post DS appointment? There are many. Not just results. But again easy to go I know that and yous are shite. Well thanks national broadcaster, those levels of insight are fabulous.  The level of mediocrity that people pay for and accept as ok is breathtaking for me. Not for you obviously. Fair enough. I just expect a wee bit more from the experts than something everybody knows already before they’ve even opened their mouths. 

MS acknowledged there has been an improvement since Stendel took over. They talked about the improvements in movement, passing and energy. They showed clips of it. A 30 second discussion took place about the team at the bottom of the league at this time of year historically being relegated. MS said we’d stay up. What more do you want? None of these people are “experts”.

I’ll not argue that Sportscene is shite, but then again - imo - all Scottish football programmes whether TV or radio are shite. The only way you’ll get the information you want is to find it for yourself.