Sportscene.

Harry Potter

The wee clown that hosts the programme, ( dont know his name, not famous)

thinks we will go down, he deffo dislikes us wee fool, asks Mike stewart if we will, No said Mike, wee clown ragin tries

to get mike to change his mind, again no from Mike,

Whats  that wee boy on, no mention of the bad ref,

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ethan Hunt

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haringshairband

His opinion was based on statistical analysis. You have to admit, it's not looking great for us. If we avoid relegation Stendel will have done an amazing job.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

thinks we will go down, he deffo dislikes us wee fool, asks Mike stewart if we will, No said Mike, wee clown ragin tries

Theres folk on here think we will go down, infact theres a few who it seems would love it to happen, but wasnt his point that the team bottom at Christmas tend to get relegated?

Im not getting your rage here.

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

He's entitled to his opinion 

He made his thoughts known with obvious glee. As the host,  He’s meant to be impartial. That’s what he gets paid for.

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Do we not have enough people to hate already?

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

a lot of us Hearts fan think we will go down too

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

He made his thoughts known with obvious glee. As the host,  He’s meant to be impartial. That’s what he gets paid for.

I totally understand the point that others are making re the stats etc., however I'm with Prof on this one.

This season Sutherland has not even tried to hide his joy at our plight.

Fortress Tynie and marauding away performances will put him back in his box. Only time will tell.

With half the season gone and 5 points adrift, I don't blame people who don't think we can stay up. If it was Hibs then we'd see the same opinions re- their chances on here. I'm not all that confident.

He's a wee prick, Jonathon Sutherland his name, Ross County supporter, I believe, he's got one of those faces you just wanna slap, hopefully County get pulled into this relegation scrap

4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

With half the season gone and 5 points adrift, I don't blame people who don't think we can stay up. If it was Hibs then we'd see the same opinions re- their chances on here. I'm not all that confident.

exactly

some people just like to moan about anyone who dares say anything negative about us

19 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

That’s not really what he said though.

He just pointed out (correctly) that the team bottom of the league at this stage of the season, generally gets relegated.

Let's face it, things are not looking that great but I believe we can pull out of this mess. Ross County is a must win in my opinion. A draw is simply not enough.

Enjoyed Livis first goal.

Statistically and historically our position makes it likely we will go down.

That's all that was said.

Livis first goal though?

😁

6 minutes ago, rmreido said:

He's a wee prick, Jonathon Sutherland his name, Ross County supporter, I believe, he's got one of those faces you just wanna slap, hopefully County get pulled into this relegation scrap

good for him for supporting someone outside the old firm though

I dont think there is anything wrong with his opinion about us getting relegated we have been awful and given him/them a reason to be happy. I would be laughing if it was hibs,Aberdeen,killie or Motherwell in our position.

Snowflakes are out in force today. So offended that Jonathan Sutherland stated the “the team bottom at this time of year, more often than not goes down”.

The humanity of it. Has Budge released a statement yet?

6 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Snowflakes are out in force today. So offended that Jonathan Sutherland stated the “the team bottom at this time of year, more often than not goes down”.

The humanity of it. Has Budge released a statement yet?

Someone doing their job and pointing out fact.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/50942901

I’m at a loss to see how anyone can get upset about this. Total overreaction.

Wee frog eyes is alright. Didn't take any offence to what he said.

The goons from Sportsound are the ones that will be desperate for us to be relegated. Dick Gordon, Willie Miller and the rest. Only one way to shut these cretins up.

25 minutes ago, TheStig said:

What is it with this place jeez. He is paid to give his opinion, 

he’s not paid to be a biased smug wee pr1ck though...that’s for his spare time

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Think we will need at least another 25 points more to survive

Hibs got themselves out of trouble with three straight wins. That’s the sort of run we need. 🧐

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Think we will need at least another 25 points more to survive

You won’t be far away.

To put the task into perspective, we’ve accumulated 13 points from 21 games.

We’re going to need to double that points tally from 17 games.

A huge ask.

Though they were very fair with their analysis of the game and our predicament. 

Hes entitled to think we might go down , as it happens I'm in this camp too . There's a serious chance Ann has left us wirh to much to do . Time will tell but it's going to be tough that's for sure . 

I get the OP to a degree. There was a lot of unnecessaryl mirth around his comments about relegation which doesn't make him or the BBC look very professional.

There's one easy way to shut him up though.

The Sportscene pictures do show just how avoidable the goal and the sending off was though. Halkett turned his back on the play and was in no desperate rush to get back and Irving should have prevented the free quick from being taken quickly. Lessons to be learnt.

I noted in the OF highlights that Lennon left the Celtic technical area and.walked straight through the Rangers technical area to get right in the face of the Rangers coach as he's sent off, no action taken. Kind of makes a mockery of Stendels yellow card. Rules don't seem to apply to Lennon.

We need to keep in touch with those above us up to and including when we play Celtic at Parkhead on 12th Feb.

We then play Hamilton (h) St Mirren (a) Hibs (a) Motherwell (h) Livingston (a) Ross county (h)

That is our chance to get points on the board before the split.

12 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You won’t be far away.

A huge ask.

Aye huge I'm pretty much basing it on St Mirren and Hamilton getting the same points as they got first half of season so us obviously needing to beat their total.

Edited by vegas-voss

48 minutes ago, been here before said:

Theres folk on here think we will go down, infact theres a few who it seems would love it to happen, but wasnt his point that the team bottom at Christmas tend to get relegated?

Im not getting your rage here.

I think we will be fine. Hamilton and St Mirren while capable of the odd great result, we are capable of stringing 4 or 5 wins together.

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You won’t be far away.

A huge ask.

Not if we play like yesterday.

The only was us up. I have no fears after watching yesterday's performance. Ignore the media, support the team and we'll have the last laugh.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Prof said:

Are you sure about that? Is there rules somewhere about it? Nobody on any football programme on tv or radio is impartial, especially so on the BBC.

53 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

His opinion was based on statistical analysis. You have to admit, it's not looking great for us. If we avoid relegation Stendel will have done an amazing job.

Statistical analysis? By that you mean the lazy comparison that if you’re bottom at Christmas you go down. That’s fair enough. Nice easy bit of “research”. Be nice if they had done some stats pre and post stendels appointment, to show any improvements since his arrival. Bit too difficult a bit of statistical analysis for the national broadcasters experts to be bothered to do. So just trot out a tired cliche and don’t even try to hide their glee at out predicament. Michael Stewart in particular, loved putting the boot into Levein, another chance to do it here, but couldnae be arsed. Pathetic programme for the pathetically run league, with pathetic types at the helm. All a bit.................pathetic really. Terrible programme.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

He never said that he thinks we will go down. 

59 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

a lot of us Hearts fan think we will go down too

Some of us Hearts fans not a lot of us Hearts fans.

A lot would suggest a majority and if you’d asked a few weeks ago you’d be right with a lot. Now not so much. Might change by January 31st but....

55 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:Agree:

His eyes were even further removed from their sockets than normal when talking about us being relegated.

Haha that is the perfect description of him when he gets excited , imagine if he got proper excited be like Roger Rabbit the way his eyes would pop out

9 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Statistical analysis? By that you mean the lazy comparison that if you’re bottom at Christmas you go down. That’s fair enough. Nice easy bit of “research”. Be nice if they had done some stats pre and post stendels appointment, to show any improvements since his arrival. Bit too difficult a bit of statistical analysis for the national broadcasters experts to be bothered to do. So just trot out a tired cliche and don’t even try to hide their glee at out predicament. Michael Stewart in particular, loved putting the boot into Levein, another chance to do it here, but couldnae be arsed. Pathetic programme for the pathetically run league, with pathetic types at the helm. All a bit.................pathetic really. Terrible programme.

If you don't like them putting the boot in it's probably best they didn't feature stats from pre and post Stendel. 

1 hour ago, Prof said:

It's the BBC. what do you expect a balanced viewpoint?